Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

With deeper thought however I'm starting to think Zamorak may appear, let's make Lucien the Mahjarrat Deceiver for once, I mean he is a bit shifty anyway. Although there's no link here, he could possibly be the person behind the plan of reviving Zamorak.

Why?

Well if he has the Staff of Armadyl, and possibly the stone of Jas (or atleast something that amplifies his power) he may be trying to bring Zamorak to this plane so that he can take his godhood. Just something else to throw onto the plate!

Perhaps Lucien plans to stab the staff or Armadyl through himself and Zamorak? Or through himself and the stone of Jas?

2imak3l.png

cf1d8043e1.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juna mentions the wyrms. They were colossal beings that lit the sky with fire.

Now i'm just trying to find somewhere to actually back it up, but I do definitely remember that it was mentioned in game, it was the first time I ever heard of wyrms and made me get a bit obsessed with them <3:

Perhaps Lucien plans to stab the staff or Armadyl through himself and Zamorak? Or through himself and the stone of Jas?

He'll want to stab himself with Zamorak.

I suspect that since they were close allies, Lucien may be aware of little advantages that he could use to tackle Zamorak, and is just after something that would give him the strength and opportunity to go face to face with a God.

Ahh how I love speculating! :lol:

Dark_Jab.png

Random thought: Do they look anything like the Desert Wyrm?

If anything, they'd probably look like bigger, meaner, dragons.

And now, for the proof:

Wyrms.png

And even more interesting is this too, Stone of Jas reference anyone, and he apparently appeared at the centre of the war field...Fist of Guthix anyone?

Guthixstreasure.png

Dark_Jab.png

Wyrm sounds a lot like wyvern doesn't it, Wyverns being some sort of strange undead dragon noone knows about; White dragons?

Ahh, looks like we've forgotten all about Wyverns! They should be looked into a bit, I'll see if I can dig up anything. I vaguely remember some sort of book about them, but maybe I'm imagining.

List of Wyvern ideas:

-Get a Wyvern task, ask master for tips

-Wyverns' icebreath is blocked by the Mind Shield, look over Ele Workshop 2 books?

Beat me to it, but wryms are wingless dragons ^^

Not in all legends, some are also classed as fully developed (adult) dragons. To some degree you could argue that brutal green dragons are some form of a wyrm.

Dark_Jab.png

Having scoured and searched through my brain I seem to have a vague recollection of Dragon Riders serving as a sort of guard for Zaros and Zamorak.

The interesting part is that in the case of the dragon rider intell it was mentioned that the dragons were descendants of wyrms (not dragonkin).

If I remember correctly this information came from a being of the spirit realm. Thus, there are a number of NPCs from the Ghostly Robes hunt you can talk to about it. There are also NPCs from the hunt for the Shadow Sword. Last, but not least, there's a ghost from the God Wars in the temple south of the graveyard, which is east of Bounty Hunter. My guess is that it was the latter that mentioned the dragonriders.

Again, I can't be 100% certain, but I believe I encountered the terms "Dragon Rider" and "Wyrm" at some point or another. If just I could remember the source.

If anything, they'd probably look like bigger, meaner, dragons.

And now, for the proof:

Wyrms.png

And even more interesting is this too, Stone of Jas reference anyone, and he apparently appeared at the centre of the war field...Fist of Guthix anyone?

Guthixstreasure.png

It says nowhere that the pale reflection of wyrms did not exist back in the time of the Godwars.

My opinion:

Prehaps a few collosal wyms were made (only a few, as making something collosal is hard) and that these were vanquished. There were also lots of dragon riders, but sometime during or after the godwards this elite group was vanquished and only the dragons were left. And also the greatest of the coloured dragons, the white dragons, were killed during the godwars as well.

Oh and as for the tipit times story about the really powerfull un-named God...I do NOT beleive that story is anything but an amusing piece of fiction. By fiction I mean not part of actualy Geilnor storyline. Kudos to the writer though, it's pretty good.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Hmmm the Wyrm thing sounds interesting, I'll add it to the main post tomorrow some time. Also something I hadn't consider is Juna's dialogue... there's one from each quest if I suppose correctly; so what would she say about the Tail of Two Cats quest? I'll have to look into that! Someone just got a research project for the next couple days :twss:

Hmmm the Wyrm thing sounds interesting, I'll add it to the main post tomorrow some time. Also something I hadn't consider is Juna's dialogue... there's one from each quest if I suppose correctly; so what would she say about the Tail of Two Cats quest? I'll have to look into that! Someone just got a research project for the next couple days :twss:

Most she actually does not comment on, only a few she does. I think she says something like "Bob was always stronger than he thought himself to be" or something like that.

Wyrm sounds a lot like wyvern doesn't it, Wyverns being some sort of strange undead dragon noone knows about; White dragons?

Ahh, looks like we've forgotten all about Wyverns! They should be looked into a bit, I'll see if I can dig up anything. I vaguely remember some sort of book about them, but maybe I'm imagining.

List of Wyvern ideas:

-Wyverns' icebreath is blocked by the Mind Shield, look over Ele Workshop 2 books?

-Read Tarn Razalor's diary

I remember in that diary that Tarn claimed with the Salve Amulet (e) he could force the Skeletal Wyvernsto fear him and do his bidding or something along those lines. Should be pretty easy to check, as once you've gotten the book its in your Poh bookcase.

Edit: Not diary, was thinking of the Postbag, but that book you get from the maze that is used to enchant salve amulets.

ny_lucario.png

You: ... so now Bob and Neite are very happy together!

juna: Bob the Cat? I have heard of that strange creature but have never been able to fathom him. It is no small achievement for you to be able to!

This is interesting too:

'Agrith-Naar was one of the demons my master banished at the end of the great war. It seems he found a way to work around the ban on direct intervention.'

This is Juna's response to Shadow of the Storm. It means that Gods may have the ability to influence the world too, despite of Guthix's ban.

List of Wyvern ideas:

-Read Tarn Razalor's diary

I remember in that diary that Tarn claimed with the Salve Amulet (e) he could force the Skeletal Wyvernsto fear him and do his bidding or something along those lines. Should be pretty easy to check, as once you've gotten the book its in your Poh bookcase.

Edit: Not diary, was thinking of the Postbag, but that book you get from the maze that is used to enchant salve amulets.

[hide=Tarn's Diary (only relevant parts)]4th of Bennath

All my long hours of research have finally paid off! Today I discovered an ancient journal in the great library, which detailed a ceremony for giving life back to greater beasts after they have died! I shall finally be able to unravel the secrets of the Skeletal Wyverns!

8th of Raktuber

I have spent over a month studying a spell of Greater Animation now. My studies have led me to believe that although this spell is more powerful than any I have ever encountered, and will indeed reanimate the skeletons of long dead dragons and such creatures, it does not provide any way of controlling them. Whoever devised this spell must have been insane because without somebody to control them, these undead monsters would have been free to destroy everything they encountered! No wonder the spell was hidden away in the great library. There is, however, a reference to an amulet of such power that any undead creature would tremble before someone wielding it. I must return to the library to see if I can find any further reference to this magical amulet. Once I have it and can create and control undead dragons, even Lord Draken and his minions shall tremble before my might!

29th of Raktuber

I have spent nearly 2 full weeks searching the great library for reference to the writings that I need, with no success. Soon I shall be forced to start searching through the tombs and grimoires page by page.

8th of Pentember

I have found a reference to the crystal! This morning while reading the histories of Morytania, I happened upon this extract: 'And so our mighty Ruler ordered the mines to be sealed forever and all those who slaved in the mines to be slain. Only be doing this could we seal away the thread of the Accursed Shard for all time!' I suspect this Accursed Shard to be the crystal that I seek! My next course of action must be to discover where these mines that are mentioned can be found.[/hide]

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Guthix doesn't allow them to come to Gielinor because of their powers which could cause destruction. But what powers does Bob(Zaros) have now? Sphinx said he has some mark of power but nonetheless all he can do is to walk around. I support the Bob=Zaros theory, tho it has a flaw: how does it then happen that Bob is in love with Neite and has children with Fluffs? Only gods known to be married are the desert Gods, and they're married in their "family"...

Bob isn't Zaros, that was established about two years ago when Tail of two Kitties was released :wall:

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Just letting you all know; I just updated the thread with a warning against providing quest spoilers. I have class in about 30 minutes, and it lasts till 9. After that I'll update the thread with A Soul's Bane and wyrms, so be patient, I haven't forgotten! :twss:

Hi guys. I found this grave that appears to have a partially-demolished zaros symbol on top. Just thought that you might like to know, since the majority of Mortiana is Zamorakian and it'd be unusual to find a zarosian grave there. The examine for it is visable in the chatbox.

[hide=]ZarosGrave1.jpg[/hide]

Here's a better view. This is taken from the back of the grave, and is as close to the symbol as I could get.

[hide=]ZarosGrave2.jpg[/hide]

QUACK!

There are also Zarosian graves in the Yanille agility dungeon.

But that one's better! It's even got ropes that they used to try and demolish it. =D

Random details ftw.

Heh. Halfway through they just thought "good enough :thumbsup:"and left.

QUACK!

i'm thinking that alot of these little things (very cool none the less) are very irrelivant to the dragonkin, which is the point of the thread, + i dont think that the one random grave in canfis/yaniell is going to be used for anything, probably just a sprite/object used for scenery

i do think that the castles etc WILL though.

all this stuff is cool, but i'm still thinking it's useless.

also, why would there be a zaros grave in canfis? zaros was never around there anyway.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

<.< I was more or less just following suit. But I digress. You're completely right about 90% of the stuff on the last few pages having nothing to do with the dragonkin.

I agree with you that the thread has gotten kind of off-topic over the last few pages, but I don't really mind ::'

Anyways, the main post was updated with information on wyrms and A Soul's Bane. Is there any more information available on wyrms? There really isn't much up there...

Quick little guess here:

So, if the Dragonkin die and are reborn, they can become stronger. The dragonkin were defeated by robert the strong. Now, it is possible that there is a lag time between their rebirths.

My theory:

The dragonkin did exist in the first age. By the third age, they had already created dragons, hence the dragon revs. Now, because they had the stone of jas (I think) they thought they were powerful, but not enough to defeat guthix (a counterbalance, if one will).

Now, the end of the 3rd age caused the gods to have to leave Gleinor. The dragonkin probably think like kids here and go "hey, mommy is not here! I can draw on the walls now!" They use the time to try for domination and such. My evidence is the fact that if you see the varrock museum, the year for the dragonkin fight was from yr. 1-100, so it was either right after the god wars.

So now the dragonkin are "dead" as is Robert the strong. But wait, Robert is still alive, in a way. Its Bob. For all we know the dragonkin could have been brought to life again, and in a new body. That's my 2 cents (which, compared to everyone else's two cents, is like $20. :D )

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

very cool theory, but there's one "but":

the varrock museum display shows not only dragonkin, but the battle between dragonkin and robbie...

nice idea nontheless, of course it could be a mistake by the museum of course.

coming to the point of 1st or 4th age, could it be that it was fourth age and not first? tale of two kitties, the quest that teaches us about robbie in the first age was released before Jagex cared so much about runescape history. when the museum was released, they did.

very cool theory, but there's one "but":

the varrock museum display shows not only dragonkin, but the battle between dragonkin and robbie...

nice idea nontheless, of course it could be a mistake by the museum of course.

coming to the point of 1st or 4th age, could it be that it was fourth age and not first? tale of two kitties, the quest that teaches us about robbie in the first age was released before Jagex cared so much about runescape history. when the museum was released, they did.

That is a very valid point to make. I'm never really able to tell when something is history or when something is just Jagex being sloppy. The prime example of this is the dialogue saying dragon weapons come from Frenaskrae. Is this true? Or just a leftover bit of dialogue from an obsolete theory that was abandoned by Jagex a while ago? Its not as if what happened has already happened and can't be changed... in a game like this Jagex controls the past, present, and future, and can change anything anywhere any time they want. Who's to say what is intentional and what is accidental?