Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

WOW... Just wow. I went through this whole thread, reading every last bit and detail...

Good job!

I can tell you're very deep into this. You sound much like historians, taking the slightest bits of info and turning it into an understandable, ermm, form of information.

I know this is corny, but I went to Urban Dictionary and typed in Dragonkin. I was quite satisfied.

"However a Dragonkin will NEVER show a non-Dragonkin their powers to prove it"

This may or may not mean that, if there is any Runescape-to-UrbanDictionary connections, the Dragonkin are infact much more powerful than they let us see within the cutscene between a Dragonkin and Robert/Odysseus.

Moonman190.gif

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Final Judgement 4 Life...http://z8.invisionfree.com/F_J/index.php?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=]forgedklf5.png[/hide]

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but they changed the banner to this one at the beginning of this month. I have a feeling that this is some sort of hint. It appears that something is making something. It looks like a staff, yet it has some red part to it. Perhaps they're forging a dragon weapon? Perhaps it's the Staff of Armadyl? They do not look like Dragonkin, though. Perhaps it is irrelevant, but interesting nonetheless.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

[hide=]forgedklf5.png[/hide]

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but they changed the banner to this one at the beginning of this month. I have a feeling that this is some sort of hint. It appears that something is making something. It looks like a staff, yet it has some red part to it. Perhaps they're forging a dragon weapon? Perhaps it's the Staff of Armadyl? They do not look like Dragonkin, though. Perhaps it is irrelevant, but interesting nonetheless.

The skull guy shown in that banner is Zemougal, the Mahjarrat involved in the Sheild of Arrav mythology. Its possible that he somehow got the Staff of Armadyll, I don't really know much about it.

DragonKinSymbol.png

I wonder is anyone can find any type of symbol like this at Castle Drakan to "prove" the Dragonkin are or were there...

EDIT: and use the Macaws "bird-eye-view" thing to get better and further looks.

I'm on it!

EDIT: I am sorry, but the symbol is nowhere to be found on the castle Drakan.

However, I have a new theory to propose; Saradomin IS a Dragonkin.

-It's his symbol

-Eye of Saradomin, stone of Jas(thought to be owned by the Dragonkin)

-Said to have created the world

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I don't know if anyone posted this, but there's a few Dragonkin skeletons laying on the floor of the bounty hunter arena.

This arena is also said to be the place of the first murder... Coincidence? :) I don't know if this was posted already, I didn't really have time to check through all the previous posts, but if it wasn't I hope this helped your research :) Very nice work, by the way!

ranger4life995ut.gif

wait a sec i think I know where there south place on the compass is, its brimhaven dungoen, it must be as it contains red dragons as well as bronze and steel dragons, the question I'm ponerding is whether there is an x and if there is another castle (or cave or whatever) on the x, possibly lining up with these other areas.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

That skeleton from the banner isn't Zemouregal. In fact, it's Lucien. You could see this painting of Lucien wielding the Staff of Armadyl(or at least looking the same as Staff of Armadyl from Varrock Museum) at some point of time in 2007, don't remember with which update tho...

However, there was a picture of skeleton wielding this staff and now we get communique saying Lucien managed to get the staff. So regardless of whether you killed him or not he manages to obtain the staff and after that we get a banner with skeleton wielding that... Weird, isn't it?

[hide=]
And why are people talking about a meeting of the Gods in the east? Because that's just plain nonsense! :?

I hate to be one of "those people," but why is it nonsense? Perhaps it's my own lack of understanding, but isn't very little known about the Eastern lands? And there have been hints to an Island related to the Majharrats, wasn't there? In that one main page banner?

Or am I mistaken? :$

Well, you're right that very little is known about the Eastern Lands, but that doens't necessarily mean there's going to be a godmeeting there. And the 'kudos Isle' is located due north of Morytania, but to my knowledge no clues at all exist which tell of a godmeeting anywhere... So thats why I'm saying it's nonsense. Anyway, Gods aren't even allowed to be in Gielenor or everything on the whole planet will be destroyed, so thats kind of a problem.

[/hide]

About the eastern lands, I remember reading in a letter to the person in phasymatys who sells the karil's bolt racks that there is a huge empire to the east where all the barrows armours came from. Perhaps this is where the icyenes come from and that is why the queen took over morytania, or perhaps this is where the dragonkin now reside? Perhaps this is why morytania stinks of dragon poo, because it has wafted over from this empire to the east? It would also tie in with the points of the compass metaphor in the KBD's letter.

Also, there was the mysterious man who gave the barrows brothers their armours and who stood over them whenever they fought and is supposed to have killed them by weakening them or something, I think I remember hearing that he was Sliske, who appears to be in the sewers underneath draynor and is a mahjarat. According to my theory that the dragonkin and mahjarat are related this would prove that the dragonkin were in possession of the material which made barrows armours and that they therefore came from, or atleast resided in at one point, the empire to the east.

I never found any proof that the Barrows Armour came from the East, and therefore doubt your theory. And the Icyene didn't 'took over', that sounds too hostile. I think they were given the leadership over Hallowvale, as the inscription in the Burgh de Rott pub basement says the Queen was loved by many. Furthermore, the man who gave the Barrow Brothers their armour was Sliske, a Mahjarrat, but he can't be found in Draynor Sewers. You must be thinking of Ruantan, Count Draynors former servant and a Vampyre.

I think the opinion of Tip.iter before me wasn't completely true since as far as I am concerned Lucien was one of the Mahjarrat participating in the attack on Zaros's castle.

Lucien is Zamorakian I believe, but he didn't participate in the attack. He had some 'other business' to attend to, Viggora told.

Zaros The Empty Lord, The True God of Evil

Zaros is not 'the True God of Evil'. Many think he is, but we know almost nothing about him. But one thing is sure, a Jagex Mod stated that he is not the God of Pure Evil.

And what were Dragonkin trying to achieve when their experiments went wrong and mithril dragons were created?

I think that it was indeed their goal to create Mithril Dragons. Imo the examine 'experimenting with mithril gone bad' is just what it looks like from your eyes, as you see a gigantic, powerful metallic dragon.

I don't know if anyone posted this, but there's a few Dragonkin skeletons laying on the floor of the bounty hunter arena.

This arena is also said to be the place of the first murder... Coincidence? :) I don't know if this was posted already, I didn't really have time to check through all the previous posts, but if it wasn't I hope this helped your research :) Very nice work, by the way!

This could be plausible, as the Bounty Hunter Volcano is near the speculated Kin Castle...

That skeleton from the banner isn't Zemouregal. In fact, it's Lucien. You could see this painting of Lucien wielding the Staff of Armadyl(or at least looking the same as Staff of Armadyl from Varrock Museum) at some point of time in 2007, don't remember with which update tho...

However, there was a picture of skeleton wielding this staff and now we get communique saying Lucien managed to get the staff. So regardless of whether you killed him or not he manages to obtain the staff and after that we get a banner with skeleton wielding that... Weird, isn't it?

I agree that it is Lucien, not Zemouregal, but we don't know for sure. There are signs that all Mahjarrat have a base form of a skeleton, but as they are shapeshifters no-one knows for sure. Zemouregal likes to dress up like a skeleton, and we don't know how Lucien looks like under his hood. But as Lucien is the main character trying to steal the Staff of Armadyl, I would say this is him. In the Armadyl Communique it is said he 'found another route to the Staff', rather than managed to get it. So he hasn't got it yet...

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

A quite extraordinary post. Good effort, must have taken a lot of time to get all that lot together. Certainly made me more interested in Dragonkin etc and I look forward to seeing the unravelling (hopefully) of all your theories in the new quest. Don't think I can add anything though, just liked the read!

Just a hunch this....but is it not possible that the Stone is hidden in the Spirit Realm somewhere?
Err....this is not The Legend Of Zelda :P

Yet it's very possible... maybe we should consider it.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

[hide=]
And why are people talking about a meeting of the Gods in the east? Because that's just plain nonsense! :?

I hate to be one of "those people," but why is it nonsense? Perhaps it's my own lack of understanding, but isn't very little known about the Eastern lands? And there have been hints to an Island related to the Majharrats, wasn't there? In that one main page banner?

Well, you're right that very little is known about the Eastern Lands, but that doens't necessarily mean there's going to be a godmeeting there. And the 'kudos Isle' is located due north of Morytania, but to my knowledge no clues at all exist which tell of a godmeeting anywhere... So thats why I'm saying it's nonsense. Anyway, Gods aren't even allowed to be in Gielenor or everything on the whole planet will be destroyed, so thats kind of a problem.

[/hide]

About the eastern lands, I remember reading in a letter to the person in phasymatys who sells the karil's bolt racks that there is a huge empire to the east where all the barrows armours came from. Perhaps this is where the icyenes come from and that is why the queen took over morytania, or perhaps this is where the dragonkin now reside? Perhaps this is why morytania stinks of dragon poo, because it has wafted over from this empire to the east? It would also tie in with the points of the compass metaphor in the KBD's letter.

Also, there was the mysterious man who gave the barrows brothers their armours and who stood over them whenever they fought and is supposed to have killed them by weakening them or something, I think I remember hearing that he was Sliske, who appears to be in the sewers underneath draynor and is a mahjarat. According to my theory that the dragonkin and mahjarat are related this would prove that the dragonkin were in possession of the material which made barrows armours and that they therefore came from, or atleast resided in at one point, the empire to the east.

I never found any proof that the Barrows Armour came from the East, and therefore doubt your theory. And the Icyene didn't 'took over', that sounds too hostile. I think they were given the leadership over Hallowvale, as the inscription in the Burgh de Rott pub basement says the Queen was loved by many. Furthermore, the man who gave the Barrow Brothers their armour was Sliske, a Mahjarrat, but he can't be found in Draynor Sewers. You must be thinking of Ruantan, Count Draynors former servant and a Vampyre.

In one of the postbags from the hedge a letter was written to the person who supplies the karil's bolt racks and he certainly said that they come from a huge empire to the east, I'll try and find which postbag.

OK, they may not have 'taken over' in a hostile way, they may have been given control but that doesn't mean they can't have been living in the east.

(sorry if this sounds stupid, I have little knowledge of vampyres) but the dude under draynor sewers does hiss a lot and has yellow eyes with slitted, snake-like pupils, is that how vampyres appear?

Anyway I'm only suggesting things, it isn't as if I'm claiming to know exactly what's going to happen :|

hiss a lot and has yellow eyes with slitted, snake-like pupils, is that how vampyres appear?

fight dessous in desert treasure, he hisses. and don't the vyrewatches say "meat sssack"?

other vampyres don't do that however. Malek in Canifis pub just talks normal english and the vampyre at the hemenster fishing contest area (the cool one, with the sunglasses) talks eastern european.

BTW, loving the ideas. however, i do think the morytanian dragonkin idea is a bit far-fetched.

as for the grand-master quest, i hope it will be like recipe for disaster. imagine what smithing lvl you would need for dragon weopons :?

Just a hunch this....but is it not possible that the Stone is hidden in the Spirit Realm somewhere?
Err....this is not The Legend Of Zelda :P

Yet it's very possible... maybe we should consider it.

Hmm... jagex makes referances from real-life things throughout rs,maybe they made the SOJ hidden somewhere in a rrealmbeyond our knowledga?

or Guthix himself has in in thre bave beneath the tearsof guthix?

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

wow great read! i was already interested in dragonkin and now i know a whole lot more about em thnks!

sry im not gonna read through 10 pages of posts so im sry if someone's already said this:

personally i dont think we gonna see dragonkin for a while. behind the mithril door, i think we wont find the dragonkin but i think we will find adamant dragons. as you said earlier dragons keep getting stronger so i think jagex will continue this trend. and in the adamant dragon room there will probably be a adamant door that will lead to rune drags. and now finally after rune drags i think we will get to finally see the dragonkin ^^

also i dont think we are gonna see teh dragonkin before we get all dragon items if they are the true creators. what i think is that the addy dragons i mentioned earlier will drop the dragon kite shield, and the rune dragons will drop the awaited dragon platebody. what supports this theroy is that the mithril dragon dropped the dragon full helm. we already have the medium helm, square shield, and chainbody. the last metal dragons will complete our dragon sets.

ok well thats all i got for now, would be great to hear some feedback on this.

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

I claimed a account name of Necrosyrte day before yesterday. Also maybe Dragon kin are in league with armadyl and will help gaurd staff for him? sorry if someone porposed this all ready.

-edit-: :arrow:

Maybe the frozen door in the GWD be opened during Grand Master quest!

WOW! so many possibilities! :wall: \'

I actually agree with the dragonkin being in league with Armadyl, after all the dragonkin look remarkably like birds, could Armadyl have created them?

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

[hide=]

[/hide]

In one of the postbags from the hedge a letter was written to the person who supplies the karil's bolt racks and he certainly said that they come from a huge empire to the east, I'll try and find which postbag.

OK, they may not have 'taken over' in a hostile way, they may have been given control but that doesn't mean they can't have been living in the east.

(sorry if this sounds stupid, I have little knowledge of vampyres) but the dude under draynor sewers does hiss a lot and has yellow eyes with slitted, snake-like pupils, is that how vampyres appear?

Anyway I'm only suggesting things, it isn't as if I'm claiming to know exactly what's going to happen :|

It's ok , I'm not saying that you're claiming that either. I'm just pointing out the right's and wrong's in your posts, so no misunderstandings will occur, and so others can create new theories with the info you and I provided. Besides, I too believe that the Icyene came from the Eastern Lands, and I said that the dude under Draynor is a Vampyre, just not Sliske. And for Boeboeboe, maybe Vampyres only hiss when they're in their Vampyre form. Vampyres have multiple forms, one of them looks human and another is grey with horns, yellow eyes and snake-like pupils. And this is probably the Postbag you were talking about, Rehsa:

Dear ak-haranu,

I don't think i quite understand you very well all you do is sell strange bolt clips and pace in the ghost scarred city of port phasmatys. I mean where do you get those bolt clips for the karils bow do you acually go barrowsing? if you do you must be extremly strong because all you have is those clips your ninja sword and some red robes, or are they? how does one of your brute strength and social stature end up in the ghost town where you are the only living thing besides robin and bill teach? finally how on earth do you only sell bolt clips?

from,

whitefang757

Foreigner,

Ak-Haranu not know fully what you ask. You call Ak-Haranu brute, and yet ask help and information? You foreigner rude to honourable warrior! I come from many far to east to see what west offer, and find only savage and impolite. Green men of Phasmatys better mannered, and green men of Phasmatys dead! Master Robin only foreigner Ak-Haranu wish to know, for Master Robin is great archer - much revered profession in east.

Ak-Haranu must sell equipment from empire's armies to get home. I have no desire go past walls of ghost-city, only lamia and leech in forests, and I doubt much else beyond.

Ak-Haranu

Maybe you were refering to another one, but this was the only one featuring Ak-Haranu I could find. Yes, he does say the Bolt Racks come from the Eastern Lands, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all barrow Armour comes from there. Maybe someone in the West (aka here) designed the Crossbow to work with Eastern bolts... Or you're correct, but then Sliske must've had connections with the Eastern Lands, and that is a bit frightening... :?

sighistorian.jpg

:idea: Hey, I'm sure that you've already seen this, and probably didn't think it noteworthy (or so obvious that you didn't even need to write it down), but don't you find it odd that in his postbag responses the KBD constantly referrs to 'The Kin'? :idea:

QUACK!

Btw Psycho, I've read the opening post again, and I've decided to correct you... AGAIN! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

In (the God Wars), the powers of the gods were balanced, and the results were a never-ending war, losses without gains, and endless chaos. Then (if I remember my history right) Zamorak killed Zaros, which weakened Zaros's forces enough that Saradomin could defeat them (Hippodo will corrrect me if I'm wrong, I'm SURE (guess what? :P )). Zamorak killing Zaros, a counterbalance to the balance of powers between the gods, started in motion the end of the war, however Guthix stepped in and stopped the war before everything could play out. The KBD tauntingly reminds him of how balance failed to protect the world from atrocities, and insist that by taking the Stone of Jas away, Guthix removed a counterbalance needed to keep balance from becoming chaotic.

You fail to notice that the 'death' of Zaros marked the beginning of the Godwars, not the end. Furthermore, the Godwars weren't a time of balance between the gods, it was a time of imbalance. Every time one god made a victory, all of his/her enemies called in more troops from other regions/dimensions. It's like a real balance (scales): evey time a balance between the weights seems to occur, someone will add weight to one of the two halves, making the scales tip to his advantage. But before his side has the chance to tip over much, the other side will be increased in weight with a weight larger than the initial one disturbing the balance.

So in short, there was a balance of powers in the Second Age, because the Zarosian Empire and their enemies (if they had any) kept to themselves much. After the 'death' of Zaros, all the other Gods jumped in and started fighting to seize the power which was now available. At the end of the Third Age, Guthix saw the imbalance and the destruction it created, and ordered all the Gods to leave Gielenor, so that such a massive imbalance would never happen again.

sighistorian.jpg

I disagree there will be addy and rune drags, then we would get dragon drags too...

But I thought about three other things this day;)

1. (I know highly unlikely) the only thing we know for sure about the Dragonkin is that it was one. But only thing that suggests it was a race is what Reldo says. And is Dragonkin were from fourth Age, which would fit better a theory that Robert was the reincarnation of Zaros, that would be the source of his height and strength and Reldo would prove wrong. What if there was only one Dragonkin? Maybe it is just a name for one of the Mahjarrats? They're similarly seemingly immortal. Another piece of evidence is the examine text: not 'One of Creators of Dragons' but just 'Creator of Dragons'. Could it be one of Mahjarrat? It would link those two and connect to the origination of Dragon Weapons, assuming Dragonkin is/are Necrosyrte(s).

2. I'd like to correct one thing: I wrote if Dragonkin fought Zaros in the form of Robert then they could be good. However, Armadyl and Zamorak also wouldn't have much interest in further existence of Zaros. It can either be that they followed Saradomin(the god that came at the same time as Zamorak), Zamorak, who wanted to get rid of Zaros, or Armadyl, as they look bird-like.

3. If the Dragonkin, as stated above, is one of the Mahjarrat, could it possibly connect to the Prophecy of Hazelmere? He said something about fight with Mahjarrat, we know Hazeel, Zemouregal, Lucien, Enakhra, Akthanakos and Azzanadra are coming north, maybe that's when Hazelmere will die, together with five of his 'brothers', and of those eight only 2 would survive, masters of Warrior and Slayer path? It was introduced rather long time ago, maybe the new quest requires this fight? It's been said: deepest storyline, hope it links all those;)

DragonKinSymbol.png

I wonder is anyone can find any type of symbol like this at Castle Drakan to "prove" the Dragonkin are or were there...

EDIT: and use the Macaws "bird-eye-view" thing to get better and further looks.

I'm on it!

EDIT: I am sorry, but the symbol is nowhere to be found on the castle Drakan.

However, I have a new theory to propose; Saradomin IS a Dragonkin.

-It's his symbol

-Eye of Saradomin, stone of Jas(thought to be owned by the Dragonkin)

-Said to have created the world

Hmm, too bad. But a very interesting theory, I'm very pumped for this damn Grandmaster Quest. =P~

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I have spent the last 15-20 minutes reading your findings and might I say you have done a great job discovering everything about this topic and organized it very well! :thumbsup: I am attracted to all that kind of cool stuff related to the history of RS and I too await the quest coming out about the Dragonkin. I only hope that I can do the quest as I am not that well oriented to combat. I am more of a quester and skiller =\. I look forward to any new information that comes out on this topic and I hope you do more things like this in the future.

In terms of my thoughts on the Dragonkin, I find that the discoveries of their symbols in the wildy are very interesting and possibly that their western fortress would be found in the Elven capitol somewhere. If the Dragonkin were around in the first age, it is entirely plausible that the elves, like Drakaan, found the remnants of the fortress and built around it. Or it could be somewhere near the GWD and trolls, idk but my bet is on the Elves.

Storm122096.png

but my bet is on the Elves.

I vaguely remember some sort of symbol in the Temple of Light. Or maybe it was just a crystal...w/e...

That elf capital, Priffdinias (sp?), perhaps check there? Its been closed for a while, and I think it's going to be opened soon.