Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

Wow, this is an awesome thread! Obviously a lot of work and research went into it. I would have posted sooner but my sister was player tetris :P.

I'm back on the forums! Older, wiser, and...

...still a noob...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps The Dragonkin symbol IS the stone of Jas? Perhaps meaning The dragonkin existed on this plane before Guthix and humans arrived. It is possible that "Jas" is/was a Dragonkin and Guthix used his/her stone to create things which the Dragonkin did not like (eg., Runes, Portals, Ect..). You can see the Dragonkin use magical attacks, so it is likely that the stone also had the same magical properties (eg. "Runes").

Certainly something to think about, that ties Dragonkin into the quest in a different way. If they are the makers/founders of the stone of Jas, its obvious they would have a HUGE impact in this quest.

In my opinion it resembles half of the (presumed) Stone of Jas from the Meeting History cutscene. Also, it looks a bit like the Fist of Guthix. It's interesting, but I wouldn't immediately call it the Dragonkin symbol. But it could be, as Jagex implied that the Kin symbol can already be found in the game, and this is the only mysterious symbol I can think of...

Perhaps The Dragonkin symbol IS the stone of Jas? Perhaps meaning The dragonkin existed on this plane before Guthix and humans arrived. It is possible that "Jas" is/was a Dragonkin and Guthix used his/her stone to create things which the Dragonkin did not like (eg., Runes, Portals, Ect..). You can see the Dragonkin use magical attacks, so it is likely that the stone also had the same magical properties (eg. "Runes").

Certainly something to think about, that ties Dragonkin into the quest in a different way. If they are the makers/founders of the stone of Jas, its obvious they would have a HUGE impact in this quest.

It doesn't seem all that likely that the dragonkin came before guthix does it? being the god of nature and such.

also there's the fact they mention that the dragonkin were corrupted, and guthix is the god of neutrality so there seems to be a missing link of sorts there between guthix being a dragonkin then becoming a god

however there still is a possibility, but it doesn't seem like they could be connected very easily

(i have no idea how to explain the symbol perhaps jagex thought it was cool lol)

If jagex does make a quest connecting guthix and the dragonkin it seems like it would just go that guthix had morals(and was one of the dragonkin obviously) and rose to being a god like how zamorak did, but then jagex would have to deal with the fact that he's the most powerful and ancient god (although i say zammy ftw =P)

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

:shock: maybe some of the Mahjarrat are dragonkin

maybe the dragonkin have somethin with the big quest mmm i would love to kill a dragonkin and would explain alot maybe the dragonkin are the ones that made Drakan/vampires of rs ect. seeing thay made dragons thers a lab ther. :shock: what if im right i hate to face a super powered undead vampire dragon lol only time will tell hopefull soon -.- hates waitin

s_m_z_chaos.png

s_m_z_chaos.png

rare drops: over 9000 yes my avatar is also my desktop background

Kudos to all the ppeople who have put this thread together.

I too love the concept of the Dragonkin so this was an awesome read.

Keep searching ::'

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

that truly is a spectacular post well done!!!! :thumbsup: I really enjoyed reading it and perhaps the quest next week will answer a few of your questions. It only makes me want the quest even more.

Thanks to Kadad06 my cousin who got me hooked on this awesome game.

Oh and Psycho Robot, imagine the Runecrafting skillcape emote, and replace the runes with some history stuff, thats what I'm doing at the moment, IN YOUR FACE!! Calling me a washed up historian, shame on you! :shame:

I'll never apologize! I meant what I said!

I'm adding a new section to the main post about whether the dragonkin are related to the Mahjarrat.

Also, Frenaskrae is a PLACE not a race or a tribe. I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THIS. Any post or quote you see saying otherwise is a LIE AND A FORGERY! Probably made by my super-arch-nemesis Hippodo the washed up historian! Don't fall for his treachery! BEWARE!

You are obviously superior- your hypno toad avatar whispers this to me. ALL HAIL THE HYPNO TOAD!

And someone mentioned the symbol looking like the Stone of Jas. Someone else verified you see a similar symbol in Casa de Dragonkin. In Making History, I believe Guthix mentioned something about Elder Gods creating Runescape to the human family. What if the Elder Gods were Dragonkin? Incapable of reproducing because of their godhood, maybe when Guthix found the plane they left it to him out of fear of extinction given how powerful Guthix is supposed to be. Maybe collectively the Dragonkin are stronger, but alone they are weaker and they feared the death of their race.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

[hide=Yep, they are the same]halfstoneofjaspz6.png

dkin1qi9.jpg[/hide]

Look half the symbol, and look at the floor from "Castle Dragonkin"

Yaaaa

That's a fantastic find! But before I can add it to the main post, Hippodo the washed up historian has to tell me exactly where he took that screenshot! Or someone else could I suppose.

What about this? This could be a potential theory about Bob.

And another thing about Bob.

He took the form of both man and jaguar, in rebirth.

The Man domesticates the jaguar side, and turns it into a cat, yet retains the black form of the jaguar, and intelligence of man.

But wait.

A dragonkin died there too. Is it possible that a small amount of Dragonkin was mixed with Bob?

Choulapa87.png

The Man domesticates the jaguar side, and turns it into a cat, yet retains the black form of the jaguar, and intelligence of man.

But wait.

A dragonkin died there too. Is it possible that a small amount of Dragonkin was mixed with Bob?

To be honest I was never exactly clear why the heck Robert the Strong turned into a cat... I did the quest twice and never really figured that out... Its so weird :?

But wait.

To be honest I was never exactly clear why the heck Robert the Strong turned into a cat... I did the quest twice and never really figured that out... Its so weird :?

Well, Robert's cat Oddyseus(misspelled, I know) was incredibly strong(compared to the cats of today) and mostly died fighting the dragonkin. Maybe it was in honor of him? or maybe the dragonkin forced him to that shape. Note that I haven't done the quest, but those are my thoughts.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

i dont think this grand master quest would just come out with the dragonkin immediately it seems runescape has been building up the legends of the dragonkin for years and its thare big mystery so they wouldn't just reveal it all in one quest im guessing that as u move deeper into the cave u enconter more powerfull dragons and more legends to the dragonkin another mystery that is unsolved is how all gods demi gods or heroes in some quest speak of going east as if their prepareing for something is this somehow involved with the dragonkin? we dont know but we do know if these are the 2 major story lines of runescape ive noticed so far they will not just spring it on us all at once as we sit here stupified they will drag it out to make the game as its ment to be to go on for what seems like forever

this is only my opinion i am a history buff about runescape myself i find it interesting just like greek and norse mythology

and your article was made brilliantly and u had alot of information it was quite interesting to read to further increases my nerd like powers xD

That is a good point. Even if the dragonkin themselves are behind the mithril door, its very unlikely that they will see us and say "Hey, an outsider got into our city! Come, come, let us show you around. Do you notice the floor? There's a funny story to go with that! You see..." No, I imagine the dragonkin would be rather ticked off at you for dropping in and would try to, um, kill you. If dragonkin are as powerful as I suspect, it won't be very hard. So there really might be a dragonkin city beyond there, but it its unlikely that the dragonkin will reveal very many of their secrets. In fact, they probably don't even speak english. Maybe french!

lol yes seeing as how all the dragons from ur information stated they want to kill us all there are probably deep ties from the first or 4th age that made them hate us since from what u said it is completely apparent they were the main race before humans on runescape so they have a eternity of hate for us and the mith cave seems a tad small for such a powerful race as them i doubt they would settle for living in a tiny little cave for thousands of years just to avoid puny humans if anything i would say their are more chambers behind the door like addy and rune dragons and after those 2 the dragonkin would reveal themselves if they experimented with mithril why not with the more powerful ores seeing as how some players can kill 6 mith dragons at a time they will want to make more powerful metal dragons anyways so players cant come and kill a bunch at a time secondly seeing as how powerful races rarely soil thare hands they would proboly send some horrific dragon like monster to kill you anyhow maybe they are creating a huge army to take back runescape and all the gods are going east to prepare for the attack maybe the gods going east is unrelated i doubt anything as powerfull as the gods would see the dragonkin as a threat even as powerful as they probably have become because well....thare gods

i doubt that we will be able to smith dragon weapons on the forge runescape seems to be against things like that also seeing as how you have to be one of the best smiths in runescape to make a rune plate making a dragon item would take even more experienced smithers and u just cant go past lv 99 lol it is proboly a quest related thing maybe you can make a metal dragon as a pet? idk maybe you have to make a dragon weapon just for that quest maybe it doesn't do anything or maybe you have to destroy ti to stop them from creating more dragons i was hopeing the grand master quest would reveal more about the gods going east to prepare for whatever but when it stated about the mithril dragons layer i was disappointed now that u stated about the dragonkin i kind of am more interested in finding out about that first

spending a lifetime dreaming of her

warewolf135.png

"show me what its like to dream in black and white"

spelling is my greatest weakness >.<

"hey hey stupidity got us into a economic crises maybe it can get us out of one!"

proud player since late 2003 (taking only 3 breaks from the game)

dkin1qi9.jpg[/hide]

Yaaaa

That's a fantastic find! But before I can add it to the main post, Hippodo the washed up historian has to tell me exactly where he took that screenshot! Or someone else could I suppose.

Beat him to it :P

Here it is

08-11-20202501.png

and another one

08-11-20203220.png

Edit: And a Third AND fourth!

08-11-20204025.png

The location is only accessible after "Summers End". Also this hints that Summers end could be a Pre-Req. To the new quest?

This proves there is some sort of connection with the Dragonkin and the Stone of Jas, as they are both on the same Icon. Their connection likely wont be stated until the quest next week, but either way its interesting because it shows they both had to of been around the same time era.

Also important. The Figure is etched in a castle, possibly built by the Dragonkin. Maybe this is the castle in the Robert the Strong cutscenes, now in ruins, rather than Drakan castle? So if that were so, then the portal is not in Drakan castle, but rather deep in the wilderness, or both. Either way, its intresting.

Keep your eyes spotted for more of these symbols elsewhere. Perhaps take a walk around Drakan castle or more areas to see if any more show up?

Edit2: Now that I think about it, the Dragonkin symbols look ALOT like the ones in the Fist of Guthix. We assumed they were Saradomin symbols, but maybe their not? Maybe they were Dragonkin symbols all along.

dawnsigblue-3.png

fogbo3.png

I'd say there's a pretty clear resemblance

wilderness castle is an interesting combination of both

wasn't it theorized that the fist of guthix is where the stone originally was before guthix put it in juna's cave?

Ah you mean the actual Fist? Ok.

Yes, the Oracle once said "The great snake of guthix guards more than she knows" (Lol sounds like it's from the Bible or something). That's an idea, maybe see if the oracle has any more clues to offer other than that capes are always in fashion...

dkin1qi9.jpg[/hide]

Yaaaa

Beat him to it :P

Here it is

PICTURE

and another one

PICTURE

Edit: And a Third AND fourth!

PICTURE

The location is only accessible after "Summers End". Also this hints that Summers end could be a Pre-Req. To the new quest?

This proves there is some sort of connection with the Dragonkin and the Stone of Jas, as they are both on the same Icon. Their connection likely wont be stated until the quest next week, but either way its interesting because it shows they both had to of been around the same time era.

Also important. The Figure is etched in a castle, possibly built by the Dragonkin. Maybe this is the castle in the Robert the Strong cutscenes, now in ruins, rather than Drakan castle? So if that were so, then the portal is not in Drakan castle, but rather deep in the wilderness, or both. Either way, its intresting.

Keep your eyes spotted for more of these symbols elsewhere. Perhaps take a walk around Drakan castle or more areas to see if any more show up?

Edit2: Now that I think about it, the Dragonkin symbols look ALOT like the ones in the Fist of Guthix. We assumed they were Saradomin symbols, but maybe their not? Maybe they were Dragonkin symbols all along.

The symbol in the Fist of Guthix is, I'm fairly certain, the impression made by the Stone of Jas when it was pushed into the ground, possibly by Guthix himself. So the Stone of Jas symbol and the symbol in the Fist of Guthix are synonymous

By the way thanks for the pictures! I'll update the first post with them as soon as I can

Wow, very nice research, tons of things I didn't know, and now it looks like i'll have to go exploring 8-)

Nothing to add, except I can't wait for the new quest now

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Actually I was refering to these FOG symbols:

08-11-20230258.png

08-11-20230040.png

They do look like Saradomin, but also have a resemblance to Dragonkin.

Also observing this, another interesting note... Saradomin's often claim other items for their own, such as the "Eye of Saradomin" (Stone of Jas), or Claiming that Saradomin created the world. The wise old man supports this fact. Its possible Saradomin might have stolen his symbol from the Dragonkin, as they symbols are quite simiar looking.

dawnsigblue-3.png