Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

I didn't even know there was something called "dragonkins" before I read this thread. I do now, when I have read the most of it, understand your interest. To me they sound like some kind of intelligent dragon. I would love it if Jagex put something like them into the game :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting read.

I say you should compete for the unofficial Tip.It historian position with Hippodo? :thumbsup:

Greak Work!

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Wth!? :shock:

As you can see, I already made a valuable contribution to this topic, and I'm about to do so again. Watch and learn! ;)

I know, and I agree that it was likely originally inhabited by the dragonkin, I just doubt she was the first ruler of Hallowvale, and that she or her husband was the descendent of the one who found the castle and took residence in it.

That got me doubting my whole dragonkin castle time line! So I took a second look at the Morytania books, and I see that nowhere did it actually say that the queen was the first ruler of Morytania, but it seems fairly likely, since the book screenshots currently up there say that the region, Hallowvale, was named for her. It could be that the city was renamed after her, however. I suppose it doesn't matter really.

It would appear at this point that the dragonkin vacated the castle around the 1st or possibly 2nd age, leaving it empty for whoever stumbled upon it. Either the dragonkin left the place a mess and it recovered by the time the area was settled by humans, or the dragonkin never made it a bad place and lived in it with out corrupting the area. There was a succession of various rulers before the queen, an Iycene (that's "iycene".... the capital I looks exactly like an L)according to a passage in the books, took command. At this point, Morytania was a very busy settlement, Burgh de Rott and Mort'ton being bustling towns and centers of commerce. That all changed when Drakan deposed and imprisoned the queen and began corrupting the land.

I tried to look up what "Iycene" is, but I couldn't find anything. Near as I can figure it was the name of a tribe or something.

*Ahem* The Icyene were a race of winged humanoid creatures, which probably came from the Eastern Lands (I remember reading this somewhere, but that could've been a speculation topic). They were good, and were friendly rulers of Hallowvale. As the age of an Icyene is unknown (we don't even know they die of old age at all, like vampyres) it could be that Queen Efaritay was the kingdom's ruler together with King Ascertes from the beginning till the end. It has been calculated they've ruled for at least some 820 years. When lord Drakan invaded Hallowvale, Efaritay fought him valiantly, until Drakan took Ascertes hostage and forced her into submission. It is unknown what became of them. Queen Efaritay and Safalaan (the leader of the Sanguinesti Myreque) share the same last name, Hallow, and together with his height, unusual blue eyes and weird powerblast-vyrewatch-emergency-mechanism it is speculated he is related to her. Also, there exists a theory of the Vyrewatch being corrupted Icyene, as they're similar in appearance. As said before, Commander Zilyana is an Icyene, and both the Godsword blade and Saradomin Sword were made by them.

It's my title... :(

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

An extraordinarily written thread; I can't think of anything to contribute that you haven't mentioned... one week to go until our questions are answered!

It would be like jagex to release dragon smithing like they did blood runecrafting though: now that there is no reason to do it. :P

One more thing. Are the Dragonkin evil? We assume this given our predisposition towards dragons, but the only evidence we have beside that is Robert the Strong's defeat of a single Dragonkin. But why did Robert attack that Dragonkin? If it was because it was evil, was it representative of its entire race? Besides this, we consider dragons evil, but who slaughters thousands upon thousands daily to sell their hides and bones for cash? Who slays who's children while the parent stands helpless to intervene, watching in horror? Not them.

An interesting theory and not one without ground, but take a second look at the museum display

zwn8np.jpg

The dragonkin are described as "a new terror", and the people were left to "deal with this problem". There's no denying that the dragonkin were extremely powerful, but if they were peaceful, then why were they a problem? Also, Robert the Strong had to "drive them back to their stronghold", which would suggest that they were expanding their influence into human territory.

The display, however, could be inaccurate and biased. After all, it puts this event at the start of the fourth age, yet in the original book from Tail of Two Cats, the events were said to have taken place in the first age. So I could go both ways. Please don't misinterpret that remark.

As you said, it could be biased. Looking at Regicide, we find that we are manipulated into killing the good king. Jagex seems very fond of twisting their lore so you can never be certain what is true or false. But then, they could be black and white, a clear threat. Only time will tell.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Very intreasting, cant wait the grandmaster quest and maybe the addy dragons?

OMG! Insane new theory - dragon dragons!!!

i think that would be dragonkin it self we would fight(or clones)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Well if you see mithril dragons as dragons infused or plated with the metal mithril, then logically you could infuse a dragon with the metal Dragon, so that it would be a dragon dragon, and still not be a Dragonkin. Unless Dragonkin produce the metal Dragon themselves, then you have a chance the dragon dragon will be a bit like the Dragonkin themselves.

Oh and btw, the whole 'z0mgbbq dr4gon dragonz!' suggestion has been made before ;).

sighistorian.jpg

Well if you see mithril dragons as dragons infused or plated with the metal mithril, then logically you could infuse a dragon with the metal Dragon, so that it would be a dragon dragon, and still not be a Dragonkin. Unless Dragonkin produce the metal Dragon themselves, then you have a chance the dragon dragon will be a bit like the Dragonkin themselves.

Oh and btw, the whole 'z0mgbbq dr4gon dragonz!' suggestion has been made before ;).

as far as i know it was the mjaradath(the zaros armi(i been to long away from runescape)) that got dragon weapons and Armour to runescape thry a portal from another dimension ;) so dragonkin didn't know of dragon equipment.

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

[hide=]

[/hide]

as far as i know it was the mahjarrat(the zaros army(i been to long away from runescape)) that got dragon weapons and Armour to runescape through a portal from another dimension ;) so dragonkin didn't know of dragon equipment.

Well we aren't sure about who created the dragon weapons. Some evidence says the Dragonkin made it, some npc's say the Necrosyrtes made it (note that Necrosyrte is a genus of vultures, and the Dragonkin kinda resemble vultures). And yes, there are clues too pointing towards the Mahjarrat, although I think there are but a few of those.

sighistorian.jpg

According to the RSWikia...

It is believed that the Dragonkin are currently hiding underground in Morytania, due to an imp saying in a Postbag from the Hedge that the place smells of "dragon poo", which has not happened in over 1000 years, according to the imp.
#

And also.......

Most dragon weapons require the completion of a specific quest to be wielded. They were created by the Dragonkin, as revealed by Mr. Mordaut in Postbag from the Hedge.
WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

It is believed that the Dragonkin are currently hiding underground in Morytania, due to an imp saying in a Postbag from the Hedge that the place smells of "dragon poo", which has not happened in over 1000 years, according to the imp.

A good find, even though Rune Wiki is a highly unreliable source. They speculate a lot and present it as fact. However this speculation actually does have factual backing, so I'll add it to the main post!

[hide=]

[/hide]

as far as i know it was the mahjarrat(the zaros army(i been to long away from runescape)) that got dragon weapons and Armour to runescape through a portal from another dimension ;) so dragonkin didn't know of dragon equipment.

Well we aren't sure about who created the dragon weapons. Some evidence says the Dragonkin made it, some npc's say the Necrosyrtes made it (note that Necrosyrte is a genus of vultures, and the Dragonkin kinda resemble vultures). And yes, there are clues too pointing towards the Mahjarrat, although I think there are but a few of those.

What NPCs say that? I'll get chat screenies and post them. Maybe you really DO deserve the title Tip.it historian...

Maybe

While thoroughly reading your very interesting post, i found some interseting bits.

Every balance needs a counterbalance. Lest he forget.

And

This is the way of the flesh-formed: to attempt to find order when confronted by chaos, even when chaos is fanged and baying.

Both quit directly in my opinion reffer to guthix. Every "Balance" needs a counterbalance...and to attempt to find "order" when confronted by chaos...

I can't find the link to this all, maybe the dragonkin were banished by guthix because their powers were too great, and now they are trying to confront him again? who knows?

Another thing that i thought up of when reading the last bit of your post, was the fact that the dragon-kin, we all think that its used to create dragon weapons on the anvils...what if it used to create DRAGONS themselves on the anvils? thats why it rejects the bars used on them :o...or i could just be thinking nonsence ;)

Give it a think, and big congratz, its an amazing post and really well organized. i enjoyed reading every bit of it (even watched the vid :P ) ::'

EDIT: i did not read all posts made on this thread, so if this has be posted already, im sorry...

EDIT2: my above poster, how he says dragon weapons were brought in from anotehr dimension and even the kins didn't know about it kinda pushes my theory forward that the dragon kin is used to create the actual dragons, not the weapons :ohnoes:

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]

EDIT2: my above poster, how he says dragon weapons were brought in from anotehr dimension and even the kins didn't know about it kinda pushes my theory forward that the dragon kin is used to create the actual dragons, not the weapons :ohnoes:

The Dragonkin know about dragon weapons, assuming I'm reading what you wrote right. One mentioned in a letter that our use of dragon items makes the Dragonkin stronger.

Hmm, dragon released to f2p'ers means a lot more usage of Dragon weapons and armor, and that dragon forge just popped up. Coincidence? I think not.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Hmm, dragon released to f2p'ers means a lot more usage of Dragon weapons and armor, and that dragon forge just popped up. Coincidence? I think not.

There's no such thing as a coincidence, McGee!

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

The Dragonkin know about dragon weapons, assuming I'm reading what you wrote right. One mentioned in a letter that our use of dragon items makes the Dragonkin stronger.

Ah, but those are corrupted dragon weapons. We don't really know what the story with those are. Are they the dragonkin's weapons that somehow degraded to a state when they're near-unusable? Or (and this is more likely I think) are they attempts by races other than the dragonkin to create dragon weapons?

Off topic, to those of you who want to stay active in the thread, make sure you skim over the first post again from time to time, its updated frequently with new information, pictures, and other things.

[hide=]

[/hide]

What NPCs say that? I'll get chat screenies and post them. Maybe you really DO deserve the title Tip.it historian...

Maybe

It is Fairy Aeryka who flies around in Zanaris who tells players about how the Necrosyrtes discovered/used the Dragon metal and weapons. She can be found in the wheat field at the crop circle to Puro Puro.

sighistorian.jpg

Some say dragon weapons come from the dragonkin, other say it comes from the mahjarrat.

The mahjarrat come from another dimension. So what if the dragonkin come from the same dimension?

The dragonkin could be the creators of the dragon weapons and might have had a sort of trade with the mahjarrat.

They would both have dragon weapons and it might also explain why dragonkin are seen as evil.

Just a theory, I hope you like it. :D

Proud Quest Cape Owner