Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

My theory is that the dragon are items are red because of all the bloodshed that they have caused over the years and that whenever you use a dragon weapon on a dragon that it helps to bring back a dragonkin life. :o

Also, I think that what the kbd meant about every dragon having a different path or whatever he said meant that each type of dragon serves a different purpose.

Adult dragons most likely do not defend their young because they want you to kill them with a dragon weapon in order to help bring back the dragon kin.

The Dragonkin most likely noticed that humans kill dragons for the monatary gain from the hides and bones.

Since the dragonkin needs you to kill dragons for them to come back they created different leveled dragons that would appeal to a wider range of adventurers who want to make money of their hides. :ohnoes:

In addition, the dragonkin are hiding behind the mithril door making more dragons and are waiting until enough dragonkin lives are restored for them to take the world back from the humans.

This new quest was made because the dragonkin have finally run out of space behind the mithril door and are most likely going to come out and fight us!!! :wall:

The only thing worse than this is that they probably have connections with the majurhats ( however you spell it..) and other races!!

Probably vampires too, since they are immortal just as they are.

Which also makes me think that the dragonkin may have helped Drakan take over Drakan castle in order to get the Icyene's out of the way.

Icyene's are probaly their counter race (just speculating though because of their wings) and are just as old as the dragonkin.

There are probably a bunch of typos with what I just said so just deal with it :P

Sorry for typing so much ::'

santadialoguedr8.jpg

discoemotesmalldc4.png

gratzon99strsmallth5.png

[hide=]Blood_Seraph.png[/hide]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

may link to the dragonkin somehow but im not too sure

(this is the book of folklore from the shelf in the wise old mans house in draynor)

dragonkininfo170203hj9.png

That's a great find! I've read that book before but I never made the connection to dragonkins #-o

i dont think this grand master quest would just come out with the dragonkin immediately it seems runescape has been building up the legends of the dragonkin for years and its thare big mystery so they wouldn't just reveal it all in one quest im guessing that as u move deeper into the cave u enconter more powerfull dragons and more legends to the dragonkin another mystery that is unsolved is how all gods demi gods or heroes in some quest speak of going east as if their prepareing for something is this somehow involved with the dragonkin? we dont know but we do know if these are the 2 major story lines of runescape ive noticed so far they will not just spring it on us all at once as we sit here stupified they will drag it out to make the game as its ment to be to go on for what seems like forever

this is only my opinion i am a history buff about runescape myself i find it interesting just like greek and norse mythology

and your article was made brilliantly and u had alot of information it was quite interesting to read to further increases my nerd like powers xD

spending a lifetime dreaming of her

warewolf135.png

"show me what its like to dream in black and white"

spelling is my greatest weakness >.<

"hey hey stupidity got us into a economic crises maybe it can get us out of one!"

proud player since late 2003 (taking only 3 breaks from the game)

may link to the dragonkin somehow but im not too sure

(this is the book of folklore from the shelf in the wise old mans house in draynor)

dragonkininfo170203hj9.png

That's a great find! I've read that book before but I never made the connection to dragonkins #-o

if this is true then we find a motive for the dragon kin wanting to kill humans if they do because they lived on runescape before humans did... so we took their world so if they hated us at any point of time this would be why since its a common motive in most struggles in the real world movies video games or anything else to hate people who took ur land or property the only quest to give info of the first humans on runescape was makeing history tho and it had no mention of dragonkin but of course runescape is so large im shure then the few humans that first arrived wouldn't of ran into the dragonkin right away

spending a lifetime dreaming of her

warewolf135.png

"show me what its like to dream in black and white"

spelling is my greatest weakness >.<

"hey hey stupidity got us into a economic crises maybe it can get us out of one!"

proud player since late 2003 (taking only 3 breaks from the game)

i would say that the whole dragonkin thing is just world building backround knowledge personally, I've noticed thet type of thing in a lot of fantasy books, where the history is incomplete and you find traces of elder races and what ever but no complete knowledge. i think it's so that u come back wanting to know more. to my knowledge runescape doesent do that as much but... meh

cstrasiotto.png

Cstrasiotto.png

Cstrasiotto.png

A great read. You seem to have really researched into this.

Just my thoughts, As humans by nature fear what is different, perhaps that while the Dragonkin were exploring the world and came across humans, because of their looks they were shunned and while no threat at all to the humans they were saw as such.

While that has little to do with anything, it is something t think about.

Also, if the Dragon forge repels metal, that would lead us to assume that they are magnitised, or just magical. Has anyone tried to use an elemental bar on them? As I haven't done many quests I don't know of any magnetic bars or anything of the sort but if there are such things it might be a good idea to try them.

Wesleyao.png

Drops- GWD: Bandos - Solo Tassets, Solo Shard 1, Solo D spear, Chest on CS

Armadyl - Hilt on CS

Metal Drags - 5x Legs 3x Skirts

Barrows -Lost count

DK's - 1 Axe 1 Berserker Ring

I read the entire original post, but didn't have time to read any of the replies. I was struck particularly by the following:

The Kin wait for those to open the door to power once again. Power not meant for your world nor mine, power best left. They are the shadow at the end of the corridor, the fly that blocks the candle, the seal that holds the lid and the child who shivers under the cold blanket of fear. They are not the answer, but are always the price that comes from asking the question. Why is it, do you think, that the records have been burnt away or hidden from prying eyes? A world made of adversity and beings bold enough to take the challenge of life is no place for secrets. Nothing can remain hidden forever; they are looking once more and, when it is found, the real masters of stability will reclaim the scales of Gielinor.

Every balance needs a counterbalance. Lest he forget.

I emboldened the portion of concern. If no one else has yet commented on its implications, I'd like to point out how completely obvious it is that this passage refers directly to the antagonistic relationship between Guthix and the other entity apparently vying for the title of "force of balance" in runescape, namely the dragonkin. Both Guthix and the dragonkin are forces that have long been conspicuously absent from the shaping of public policy in the society of Gielinor, other than the obvious pervasiveness of the nebulous Guthixian Edicts, and bloadsoaked dragon items, respectively. It has been severally mentioned how increasingly possible (based on newly compiled compound lores and histories collations) it is for both Castle Drakan and the Ancient Cavern to be involved in the upcoming grandmaster storyline. My two cents offer that I suspect both will be involved, but I expect to be surprised by what is found where. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to find the dragonkin skulking under Castle Drakan, and Guthix slumbering behind the mithril door. Or, vice versa. Either way, the crux of my post is to stimulate discussion on Guthix's involvement in what is soon to be revealed. Great thread.

I read the entire original post, but didn't have time to read any of the replies. I was struck particularly by the following:

The Kin wait for those to open the door to power once again. Power not meant for your world nor mine, power best left. They are the shadow at the end of the corridor, the fly that blocks the candle, the seal that holds the lid and the child who shivers under the cold blanket of fear. They are not the answer, but are always the price that comes from asking the question. Why is it, do you think, that the records have been burnt away or hidden from prying eyes? A world made of adversity and beings bold enough to take the challenge of life is no place for secrets. Nothing can remain hidden forever; they are looking once more and, when it is found, the real masters of stability will reclaim the scales of Gielinor.

Every balance needs a counterbalance. Lest he forget.

I emboldened the portion of concern. If no one else has yet commented on its implications, I'd like to point out how completely obvious it is that this passage refers directly to the antagonistic relationship between Guthix and the other entity apparently vying for the title of "force of balance" in runescape, namely the dragonkin. Both Guthix and the dragonkin are forces that have long been conspicuously absent from the shaping of public policy in the society of Gielinor, other than the obvious pervasiveness of the nebulous Guthixian Edicts, and bloadsoaked dragon items, respectively. It has been severally mentioned how increasingly possible (based on newly compiled compound lores and histories collations) it is for both Castle Drakan and the Ancient Cavern to be involved in the upcoming grandmaster storyline. My two cents offer that I suspect both will be involved, but I expect to be surprised by what is found where. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to find the dragonkin skulking under Castle Drakan, and Guthix slumbering behind the mithril door. Or, vice versa. Either way, the crux of my post is to stimulate discussion on Guthix's involvement in what is soon to be revealed. Great thread.

Your post just gave me an idea. It is known that Guthix found Gielinor barren in the First Age, and used the Stone of Jas to create all sorts of things, like the portal of Life and the various plants and animals. And through the Portal of Life came the Elves and Humans. But some races like the Dragonkin, and the TzHaar, can be traced back a very long way, and some think they lived even before the First Age. Still, these races have to come from somewhere right? So my idea is that those ancient races might be created by the Elder Gods.

We have some proof that the Elder Gods visited Gielinor at least once, because one of them, Jas, left his Stone behind there. These Gods then would (maybe, no proof!) be the gods of the world before our modern gods even discovered this plane. And as Guthix says that a God of Balance is necessary, there must have been a God of Balance amongst the Elder Gods. Maybe that's the God the Dragonkin want back as God of Balance.

(Note that this is speculation. It is build on the theory of TzHaar/Dragonkin living before the First Age. There is no proof of this.)

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Oh, and this (after I looked at the cyan pieces again):

[hide=From Postbag 5]Dear King Black Dragon,

Have you noticed that you're not the strongest monster in runescape anymore? After the Kalphite queen and now the Chaos Elemental came along, they made you look weak. You cannot let this happen to you! Fight them! You could own them if you tried. Tell me if you get back your title as strongest monster.

Later,

Hobbman

Our time here is short. Our masters only leave us this place so we may bring false hope to the humans. With defeat comes rebirth, with rebirth comes conflict. With conflict comes passion, with passion comes power. With power comes a price. New challenges will only bring them closer to the end, to the precipice of the unknown, to the Kin, and they will show no mercy.

Your perception of strength will be your undoing, tasty morsel.[/hide]

[hide=From Postbag 10]Postie Pete.

Please could you forward this letter to the King Black Dragon. I understand the Red Dragon Isle is a dangerous place for you to go, but I would appreciate your help, as the letter is of extreme importance. Thankyou, Imp Hewer.

To the King Black Dragon, Most wonderful of the creatures of RuneScape,

Several months back, in Issue 5 of Postbag from the Hedge, I believe, you mentioned something about your master and the Kin. I was wondering if you could, by any chance inform me of what these anomalies are. I have worked hard over these past years, searching the Varrock library, reading books in the Wise Old Mans house, to piece together the clues to the mysteries of RuneScape. I believe your information may be the key.

I understand that my weakling sword is nothing compared to your supreme fury, and to you I may seem like nought but a snivelling Imp, but surely you could spare me only these most insignificant and unimportant pieces of information. Even a clue or a riddle would suffice, but I deeply desire to gain these details. I would do anything you wished, attempt any challenge you set, and confront any obstacle you place before me just to gain your aid.

Please help me, supreme King of the Dragons.

I am your humble servant. Imp Hewer.

Imp Hewer, Time will answer your questions. The Kin wait for those to open the door to power once again. Power not meant for your world nor mine, power best left. They are the shadow at the end of the corridor, the fly that blocks the candle, the seal that holds the lid and the child who shivers under the cold blanket of fear. They are not the answer, but are always the price that comes from asking the question. Why is it, do you think, that the records have been burnt away or hidden from prying eyes? A world made of adversity and beings bold enough to take the challenge of life is no place for secrets. Nothing can remain hidden forever; they are looking once more and, when it is found, the real masters of stability will reclaim the scales of Gielinor.

Every balance needs a counterbalance. Lest he forget.[/hide]

Could be nothing, could be anything...

Aaand this...

[hide=]Definition of washed up:

No longer effective, capable, or valuable: done, done for, finished, through. Informal kaput. Idioms: at the end of thelineroad, over the hill, past one's prime.[/hide]

-.- naice

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I tried to smith an elemental bar (from workshop 1) and a primed bar (from workshop 2) and a primed mind bar (also workshop 2) Nothing happened, anvils do not push it away but nothing happens.

Quick thought, Can you make like say a mithril or addy bar using the same process as mind bars? If so can you prime it? And would that work?

Just wondering. I'd try myself but I'm heading to bed :S.

Also, if an above poster is correct in thinking that the Dragonkin are the gods of Balance BEFORE Guthix was then why, as speculated, did they provide the weapons of such bloodshed? That seems more of a Zamorakian thing to do wouldn't you say?

Wesleyao.png

Drops- GWD: Bandos - Solo Tassets, Solo Shard 1, Solo D spear, Chest on CS

Armadyl - Hilt on CS

Metal Drags - 5x Legs 3x Skirts

Barrows -Lost count

DK's - 1 Axe 1 Berserker Ring

I will try to prime a 'normal' bar but i doubt it that it will work.

Maybe it are anvils where you can only smith a special kind of item (like the barbarian anvils, only hastas and spears or in the elemental workshop you can only smith elemental or primed mind bars)

And maybe you get the ability to smith there after the grandmaster quest?

EDIT : I tried to prime bars and when you want to put it on the jig cart it says : The jig isn't made to hold that.

only elemental bars work there probably

i dont think this grand master quest would just come out with the dragonkin immediately it seems runescape has been building up the legends of the dragonkin for years and its thare big mystery so they wouldn't just reveal it all in one quest im guessing that as u move deeper into the cave u enconter more powerfull dragons and more legends to the dragonkin another mystery that is unsolved is how all gods demi gods or heroes in some quest speak of going east as if their prepareing for something is this somehow involved with the dragonkin? we dont know but we do know if these are the 2 major story lines of runescape ive noticed so far they will not just spring it on us all at once as we sit here stupified they will drag it out to make the game as its ment to be to go on for what seems like forever

this is only my opinion i am a history buff about runescape myself i find it interesting just like greek and norse mythology

and your article was made brilliantly and u had alot of information it was quite interesting to read to further increases my nerd like powers xD

That is a good point. Even if the dragonkin themselves are behind the mithril door, its very unlikely that they will see us and say "Hey, an outsider got into our city! Come, come, let us show you around. Do you notice the floor? There's a funny story to go with that! You see..." No, I imagine the dragonkin would be rather ticked off at you for dropping in and would try to, um, kill you. If dragonkin are as powerful as I suspect, it won't be very hard. So there really might be a dragonkin city beyond there, but it its unlikely that the dragonkin will reveal very many of their secrets. In fact, they probably don't even speak english. Maybe french!