Bloodvelds. Neitz or Blackmask? =s

Skilling0wn

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're at a stalemate.

They are pretty equal in means of slayer..

But, bloodvelds are made for range

Mage based attack high hp low defence especially to range.. :roll:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Yep, if your doing slayer nearly all tasks are faster when using melee.

Whip + Rune defender with slayer helm, back mask or salve amulet (e) = very quick kills. The food you save with safe spotting them isn't great enough to justify the extra time.

Of course there are a few exceptions.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Ranging and Melee'ing are nearly equal, at the same levels on Bloodvelds.

Blackmask/Slayer helmet offers +15% Attack AND Strength.

Melee > Range on a task.. Choice outside is about equal, but then again, there are better places to camp, unless you just want a hell of a lot of Green charms.

~Zackdt

zackdt.png

The ranging X melee debate :x

The fact is that melee is really faster, but you can't say that it is "best", i prefer ranging, but it's always choice.

R_Silkwood.png

@santana_raphael

I'm retired from Runescape due to my really bad connection, maybe coming back soon

Ranging and Melee'ing are nearly equal, at the same levels on Bloodvelds.

Blackmask/Slayer helmet offers +15% Attack AND Strength.

Melee > Range on a task.. Choice outside is about equal, but then again, there are better places to camp, unless you just want a hell of a lot of Green charms.

Using a whip against a shortbow, the damage numbers are superior by melee, unless you have significantly higher range..

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Mithril dragons *might* be faster to range, but other than that, I can not think of a situation where ranging wins out...

On topic, the answer is black mask/slayer helm withou a doubt. especially if you have a slayer hat, because the hats have slightly higher slash(not sure if those tongues are slashing) than neitiznot, you're probably not praying, and I assume that 15%accuracy and strength is a larger bonus than 3 to your strength boost.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Melee may be faster but look at the statistics.

They have mage based attack (Range+)

They have numerous numerous safe spots (Range+)

They are slightly more weaker to range (Range+)

and so on :twss:

On Slayer Tasks, I've personally found that ALL Duradel's tasks are faster with MELEE. (Perhaps the only exception was when I cannoned fire giants at the safespot, hellhounds to the same manner. Even Mithril Dragons I've found faster with a whip tbh.) This reason is two-fold, melee generally hits higher (exceptions, of course, but generally-speaking) and the black mask gives +15% attack and strength, but not ranged.

However, a point must be made that some tasks might be BETTER with ranged, for (ironically) the reason stated above. Since melee xp is so much easier to gain while slaying, a select few tasks that are good for ranging (ex. bloodvelds at Tower, Fire Giants) make that ranged xp worth far more than melee xp.

Fact still remains that melee would finish your task FASTER, but not necessarily BETTER. If you can afford Chincompas, do not care about ranged xp, or have some secret method of getting crazy ranged xp, then melee is obviously the better choice.

Fact also remains that Tower bloodvelds fail compared to Mutated Bloodvelds.

/Monologue

Yet you have to cannon them or get completely owned,

OR, fail and take forever. :)

And bloodvelds are favoured by smart people as a decent place to train ranged. :geek: