PvP - Why do Jagex appeal to these people?

RayOxide

Right so I was walking around watching my friend being a nub just hit and running people when their opponent is eating, while watching, the most things I saw was:

Vengence

Dharoks

(Statements:)

1. Fite

2. get a life

3. sad nerd

Now now now, I'm fine with Vengence, but when it comes down to it - how cheap is someone in Dharoks getting venged every 10 seconds in a fight, and calling the person who ran a sad nerd, and told them to get a life?

Sure jagex get more money from this, but these [developmentally delayed]ed idiots shouldnt even be welcome.

I was offered to fight many many times, every time i said no, what happened?

get a life u sad nerd l0l

Anyone explain how jagex love their game so much yet let these types of people in? :|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITT is..?

lolidk cause if you're just saying im stereotyping im not.

o.o

All the Pkers I saw saying that were probably them kinds of nerds at your school who call other people nerds..

>_>

lolidk cause if you're just saying im stereotyping im not.

o.o

All the Pkers I saw saying that were probably them kinds of nerds at your school who call other people nerds..

>_>

Apparently, yes, you're stereotyping.

Anyway, as you said yourself: money. If they actually asked you for a fight instead of just beating you up without warning, then yes, they're idiots, but Jagex knows this (that's why the ignore list is there). It's not like PvP is the source of all evil either, there are lots of more idiots in RS anyway.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Anyone explain how jagex love their game so much yet let these types of people in? :|

How would you keep them out?

Anyway people are just competitive and often childish when it comes to pking, its not like their inferior or bad people just a little annoying i guess. seriously though its not like you have to listen to them/engage with them, so really if you go about right you wont even have to deal with them.

It's not like PvP is the source of all evil either, there are lots of more idiots in RS anyway.

If only more TIFers realised this...

Ill second that but tbh it does seem to be that the average user is at their most competive/immature during pking so i guess it is where your going to find the most annoying people.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I think it started with annoying things. Like PJing while people are eating. People were frustrated that stupid people ruined their fun, I get ticked too when stuff like this happens. Then, it spread to every little thing, even declining a fight.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Out of curiosity, where were you when you declined a fight? If it was in a place like fight pits or wandering around a PVP world, I can see the problem. What do you mean by 'why do jagex appeal to these people'? Their money is as good as anyone's, they really aren't that much ruder then any other community 'group', and there's no way to keep them out. I happen to love PVP, and I've spent far more time training my stats with it then any other method.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

You're so narrow-minded it's almost funny. There's something in the name of the worlds themselves that should suggest something to you. That's right, PvP worlds are meant for pking. Shocking, isn't it. Sorry if this looks as if I'm insulting you; it's just the way I write.

Well, now that that's out of the way...

1) Nowadays, low wilderness pkers are pretentious fools. The hybrids and clan pkers of the deep are somewhat more respectable. Please, don't lump us together.

2) Players can fight with their words just as much as they can with their whips.

3) I'm quite offended at your closing statement.

Really, why do you have to be so anti-pker? I could insult and criticize skillers as much as I want, but that would just bring me down to your level. Stop criticizing people because they act differently than you.

Really, why do you have to be so anti-pker? I could insult and criticize skillers as much as I want, but that would just bring me down to your level. Stop criticizing people because they act differently than you.

And this is where I point out he never lumped anyone together, he just said some PKers were [wagon].

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

And this is where I point out he never lumped anyone together, he just said some PKers were [wagon].

I understand that he never specifically said everyone who pks is an [wagon], but he's making assumptions based on people getting angry at him for going to a PvP world and not PvPing. I'm sure I would be angry about that, especially if he's going around generally causing unwanted disruption(I understand it was his friend ddsing people) . Let's say you're firemaking, and someone comes along and starts planting flowers right in front of where you're firemaking. Now, this person is only causing unwanted disruption and ruining the enjoyment of others for some selfish pleasure. This is exactly what is happening here. It's understandable to get mad if someone is being a nuisance.

I understand that he never specifically said everyone who pks is an [wagon], but he's making assumptions based on people getting angry at him for going to a PvP world and not PvPing. I'm sure I would be angry about that, especially if he's going around generally causing unwanted disruption(I understand it was his friend ddsing people) . Let's say you're firemaking, and someone comes along and starts planting flowers right in front of where you're firemaking. Now, this person is only causing unwanted disruption and ruining the enjoyment of others for some selfish pleasure. This is exactly what is happening here. It's understandable to get mad if someone is being a nuisance.

He wasn't doing anything, just watching. You're not a pain to anyone if you're not doing anything in a PVP world.

He wasn't doing anything, just watching. You're not a pain to anyone if you're not doing anything in a PVP world.

Technically, yes. But PVP worlds ARE for fighting - your supposed to go there to fight. A person asking if he wanted to fight was actually doing the polite thing, at least at first. And we don't even know if it was a PVP world.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I think it started with annoying things. Like PJing while people are eating. People were frustrated that stupid people ruined their fun, I get ticked too when stuff like this happens. Then, it spread to every little thing, even declining a fight.

Finally, someone else understands this =D> Kutos to you. :thumbup:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Stereotyping is saying all; I'm saying most, and plus, this stereotype is true.

How would you keep them out?

Well first of all Jagex shouldnt open up PvP like this.

You're so narrow-minded it's almost funny. There's something in the name of the worlds themselves that should suggest something to you. That's right, PvP worlds are meant for pking. Shocking, isn't it. Sorry if this looks as if I'm insulting you; it's just the way I write.

Well, now that that's out of the way...

1) Nowadays, low wilderness pkers are pretentious fools. The hybrids and clan pkers of the deep are somewhat more respectable. Please, don't lump us together.

2) Players can fight with their words just as much as they can with their whips.

3) I'm quite offended at your closing statement.

Oh FYI, I dont skill on a random PvP world - I know what its for.

I'm not stupid, and if you're going to actually back up these people who continuously call people a nerd, sad, or tell them to get a life because they "safe", generally just eating food, then YOU'RE stupid.

And if someone acts differently to me I dont give a damn. If they act different like what im apparently stereotyping, then they really should just [bleep] off.

I'm sure many many people noticed as soon as the wild died there was much less

omfg sad nerd get a ******* life

:| :| :| :|

These egotistical players are what I dislike about Runescape. The reason I nearly quit RS before, and the little hope that I had when PVP was removed was soon shattered by its re-release.

All I can say it, games with PVP will always attract an element of these players, and I've simply learnt to do one thing:

Private chat stays on friends

Public chat stays on hide

I stay in ESC clan chat

I don't speak unless I need to

I try to enjoy myself, and stick to world 99

<3:

All stereotypes derive from truth. There's nothing wrong with generalzing in this mannor providing he has something to back it up, and a reason.

Don't be so picky, this is a rant afterall ::'

Very wrong. He went as far as to suggest Jagex shouldn't have brought back PvP because there are some PKers who are idiots.

This stereotype is, IMO, around 70% false. And below 99% don't even bother.

You're being watched.

Very wrong. He went as far as to suggest Jagex shouldn't have brought back PvP because there are some PKers who are idiots.

No, he didn't. He said Jagex should keep the idiots he's talking about out. You're the one lumping them together, not him.

..I'm not really liking the 'These people' in the title :|

Why do people automatically think all PK'ers are the scum of the world? Some of us are decent, and if you don't want to fight, we respect that. Of course, we have our share of bad apples, you can't skillers don't either.

And also, I hate it when people complain about Pk'ers(or better, PJ'ers) when they do that. You can't control what people do, there are always going to be those who ruin others enjoyment. And even moreso, I take it you PK every now and then, and not as a hobby. Us who do pk as a hobby, as a way of making money even, WE have to put up with them, and we do it without complaints.

Most real PK'ers will ask to fight beforehand, respect your decision on whether or not you want to fight, and won't run away halfway during a fight because you happen to land a lucky hit. So please, don't stereotype. :shame:

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

Right so I was walking around watching my friend being a nub just hit and running people when their opponent is eating, while watching, the most things I saw was:

Vengence

Dharoks

(Statements:)

1. Fite

2. get a life

3. sad nerd

Now now now, I'm fine with Vengence, but when it comes down to it - how cheap is someone in Dharoks getting venged every 10 seconds in a fight, and calling the person who ran a sad nerd, and told them to get a life?

Sure jagex get more money from this, but these [developmentally delayed] idiots shouldnt even be welcome.

I was offered to fight many many times, every time i said no, what happened?

get a life u sad nerd l0l

I hate to say it, but this is just a giant stereotype.

To be completely honest, the only real reason people say things like this is to make the people behind the characters angry, and thus want to fight them. It's just a strategy. Anyone who says that all pkers or pvpers or whatever are [developmentally delayed]s, and jagex should ban them are no better than the people they hate. You are insulting an entire group of people based on a sample of only a few people.

In general, the tif community looks down on pures. The other day I was reading a thread about pures, and everyone was saying "Pures are [developmentally delayed]ed." "they are the spawn of satan" and crap like that. All that pures are doing is sacrificing some defense in order to deal more damage. It's just making your stats the best for a certain activity.

Thousands of people who pk, or do pvp stuff, or whatever do it for fun, and don't trash talk, and just deal with them. I don't think it takes that much energy to just ignore people who bother you like that.

Even after what I've written, and what other people with similar thoughts as me have written, you cannot atleast understand a bit of what we are trying to say, then think of it like this.

Would you rather have thousands of people that you claim to despise running around where you are, in normal worlds, or would you rather have it that they stay away from you, in pvp worlds.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

1000% support.

What shocks me the most is that Jagex finally gave PKers their way after their bloody pathetic behaviour in the wake of 10/12/07. PKers were the only bloody 'group' setting up childish rants, 'rioting', planting mithril seeds, tele-grouping ice plateau, activating retribution and all that other nonsense. Now Jagex has unwittingly promoted this behaviour by displaying that being disruptive will help your cause.

I so bloody feel for Jagex right now, we've got so many high quality updates such as Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars, Fist of Guthix, Fight Pits, Duel Arena, PvP worlds, Stealing Creation and more all to appeal those with a sense of PvP. Yet those true sadists are still acting like total dimwits going on the RSOF about how Jagex is an 'ep1c phail!!1'.

Guys I do know what you mean, but you cant say im wrong.

If you check the RSOF to see rants, most of those would be made by P2P pkers.

Because, pkers, almost all that are really serious about this game, are complete idiots.

Yes, Doom, some of the pkers use words as a strategy, but most are just stupid and think they really are sad nerds for not fighting them. :roll:

No, he didn't. He said Jagex should keep the idiots he's talking about out. You're the one lumping them together, not him.

I find it hard to keep idiots out and keep the normal players in, especially since many of these idiots don't break rules. Currently, no rule or feature of the game requires not being delayed, so yeah.

Who am I lumping together again?

Guys I do know what you mean, but you cant say im wrong.

Assume I just did.

You are insulting an entire group of people based on a sample of only a few people.

After all, that's what you're doing. During several posts of yours, you talk of the offenders as "PKers", without any clarification, occasionally throwing in a "most" to make it seem like you are not using a stupid stereotype. If you think I'm an idiot because I PK (I do), say it to my face right here.

You're being watched.

I'ma stop paying attention to your crap since you're just posting the same crap over and over.

Plus, you quoted the wrong person thinking it was me?

Dont defend the [developmentally delayed]ed pkers.

I do have pker friends and they're fine, but the PvP world pkers are complete jackasses.

ALOT of them.

I'ma stop paying attention to your crap since you're just posting the same crap over and over.

Have you posted any different crap yourself recently?

Plus, you quoted the wrong person thinking it was me?

I know who I quoted, thank you very much. I'm gonna edit it so it becomes clear to you.

Dont defend the [developmentally delayed] pkers.

I do have pker friends and they're fine, but the PvP world pkers are complete jackasses.

ALOT of them.

And where do your friends "PK" then? Bounty Hunter? That place is only good for RWT. Duel Arena? Then they're duelists. As for the last line: how many do you know to be a jackass? 20? Even *gasp* 30? Wow, that's a lot of people.

This argument is going nowhere, we'd better just let it die.

You're being watched.