26th November 2008 - Thanksgiving 2008 Event

Johannas

I got the turkey emote and the cornucopia and put it in my house, anything else to do from this event?

Having a bit of trouble finding the last turkeys. Any help?

Near the river Lum?

I don't know the location but I think it's pretty useless to do that list... you could just start killing them randomly for the meat...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little glitch a few guys were talking about while I was fming in Edgy...

Light a fire with some logs and a tinderbox, and while you're lighting, click on the turkey emote.

Prepare to s*** your pants...

[hide=]lightfireturkeyemoteglinq5.png[/hide]

Only lasts a few seconds. :lol:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Here's a little glitch a few guys were talking about while I was fming in Edgy...

Light a fire with some logs and a tinderbox, and while you're lighting, click on the turkey emote.

Prepare to s*** your pants...

[hide=]lightfireturkeyemoteglinq5.png[/hide]

Only lasts a few seconds. :lol:

Lmao, that was funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

The horn is useless it wasted 2 hp from my lobster!!!

And just what runescape needs a BRITISH COMPANY that says they wont realease new holiday events because they're not club penguin realease turkeys!!!!

*and deep in the core of runescape the club penguin iceburg starts to surface and the walls of ingame reality begin to crack...*

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

Can you only kill turkeys in members? I saw the turkeys by draynor in members, but don't see them in free.

It is for both member and free alike, I killed plenty of turkeys inside the Cabbage Patch on Free world.

aalelaabm.jpg

The Haraguroi Club: Where Yandere Thrive for Chopping

There is a huge debate in W60 claiming that spying on the turkeys will give you extra penguin points or more rewards. I just killed about 4 and go the cornuchopia and emote, but people are saying if I also spy on the 10 turkeys I'll get more rewards? Can some confirm this..

The cornucopia and the turkey emote are the reward for spying on the 10 turkeys or a random reward for killing a turkey, if you have both the cornucopia and the emote the event is over for you.

There is a huge debate in W60 claiming that spying on the turkeys will give you extra penguin points or more rewards. I just killed about 4 and go the cornuchopia and emote, but people are saying if I also spy on the 10 turkeys I'll get more rewards? Can some confirm this..

The cornucopia and the turkey emote are the reward for spying on the 10 turkeys or a random reward for killing a turkey, if you have both the cornucopia and the emote the event is over for you.

Magic, you do NOT get more rewards.

I killed about 5 turkeys after reading about the update and logging in and then I got my cornucopia and emote. I then decided to hunt for the turkeys just for fun. After finding the last turkey, the last turkey says to me:

[hide=]foundallturkeysov2.png[/hide]

He gives me the new emote (which I already had, so nothing happened there) and then said he sees that I already have a cornucopia. Afterwards I checked on the Lumby Cook's brother to see what he has to say and all he says is that he's really thankful and stuff. I then destroyed my book.

And I used something from my turkey hunting adventures to make this:

[hide=]132gm9.png

"A dead bush." can be found by examining the dead bush just outside of the Varrock west bank on the left side.[/hide]

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I did both, got the rewards from killing, then spied on all 10. No extra rewards.

EDIT: Pinkbullet beat me too it. :lol:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I disagree with having this "Event", firstly because it's an Event for Americans (British don't do it and Jagex is British) secondly, other countries will want their events now.

Canada also has a Thanksgiving Day like we do here in the states. They celebrate theirs in October.

bob7926.png

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO CRY ABOUT AN EVENT THAT JUST GETS THEM NEW REWARDS EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT GREAT? :wall:

because that is what the runescape community does best :roll:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO CRY ABOUT AN EVENT THAT JUST GETS THEM NEW REWARDS EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT GREAT? :wall:

because that is what the runescape community does best :roll:

Pretty much. There is always something wrong with everything.

2woezb4.png

The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. Charles Du Bos

I disagree with having this "Event", firstly because it's an Event for Americans (British don't do it and Jagex is British) secondly, other countries will want their events now.

Who cares if the British don't do it? It's meant for fun, not nationalism.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Haha this was pretty fun. Its best to do it with range just incase its crowded around you... Btw it took me like 40 turkey kills to finally get it lol. And I really don't see why people have to argue over if Jagex does any new events. Im american, but I wouldn't care if we did some Iraq holiday either... Its free items :thumbsup:

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

archsupportei2.png

Haha this was pretty fun. Its best to do it with range just incase its crowded around you... Btw it took me like 40 turkey kills to finally get it lol. And I really don't see why people have to argue over if Jagex does any new events. Im american, but I wouldn't care if we did some Iraq holiday either... Its free items :thumbsup:

[\debate that 3hitu started ]

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

You are againts celebrating other holidays? Then don't do them. It's like beign a Christian for Halloween I guess :/

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

You are againts celebrating other holidays? Then don't do them. It's like beign a Christian for Halloween I guess :/

Whoa whoa whoa... Im not against celebrating other holidays. Holidays are great. You get to spend time with family, away from school, and have fun. Lol... If you weren't talking about me just ignore this i couldn't really tell.

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

archsupportei2.png

I just had fun running around looking for the hidden turkeys. :thumbsup: It's an interesting twist with holiday events, and I wouldn't mind seeing more major holidays added on to that (like Lunar New Year for example, which is actually celebrated world wide as it is based on the lunar calendar... and please don't start with me about how only Chinese people celebrate that because they're not the only ones who celebrate that >_<;).