Turning 18

PumpkinPete112

Well i have finally turned 18 today. Its weird to think im considered an adult now. I woke up and it didnt really hit me right away. SO anyway to celebrate (get the flame machines ready)

Woke up at 2

Went to the store and bought 5 Lottery tickets, a lighter, and a cheap cigar.

(Didnt win any money, the cigar was good though *my first*)

Went to the movies with friends (and bought them all a pack of ciggies)

So what do you guys think about turning 18, what did you do/plan to do when it happens.

Sig

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woke up, felt normal, went out and bought my first legal pack of cigarettes, then went on with my life.

It's kind of annoying to have people asking me to buy them cigarettes or whatnot now. They can get them themselves if they had a damn clue considering I started smoking underage and had no problem getting cigarettes.

It's kind of annoying to have people asking me to buy them cigarettes or whatnot now. They can get them themselves if they had a damn clue considering I started smoking underage and had no problem getting cigarettes.

Same here with alcohol. It's not that I don't mind buying 17 year olds alcohol, it's just if I got caught, kiss good-bye to any jobs in the public sector. Most shops accept their college ID too, and you can get them at 16. :roll:

Same here with alcohol. It's not that I don't mind buying 17 year olds alcohol, it's just if I got caught, kiss good-bye to any jobs in the public sector. Most shops accept their college ID too, and you can get them at 16. :roll:

Yeah. I guess it's not even the getting caught part that bothers me, it's that they'll call me up and ask me to go get them some during school or whatnot. I mean if we were hanging out and we stopped by a gas station then I'd have nothing against buying them a pack (as long as they've got money) but I'm not going to go out of my way to buy people cigarettes.

i was like the last out of all my friends to turn 18 so i never really was annoyed with people. 18 is just a number its the experience behind the number which really matter

=D>

Well said... but congratulations on another year. Halfway to 36! :o

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Yeah. I guess it's not even the getting caught part that bothers me, it's that they'll call me up and ask me to go get them some during school or whatnot. I mean if we were hanging out and we stopped by a gas station then I'd have nothing against buying them a pack (as long as they've got money) but I'm not going to go out of my way to buy people cigarettes.

It's like what happens when you feed wild animals, they do not appreciate the priveledge and try to abuse it as much as possible. My younger brother(17) is a huge drinker, and I turn 19 in a week(legal age in Canada). I'm sure looking forward to it. :evil:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Never been a big drinker, but upon turning 18 I immediately bought a bottle of Captain Morgan's dark jamaican rum & some coke, shared with 2 friends, and a $40 havanna cigar. Just to finally get access to the 'forbidden items'. Man that was great, only things missing were a good old parrot, a ship and some gold doubloons.

In a lot of countries now, though, even 18 year old's can't buy all beverages. You'll have to wait until 20/21 to buy over 22% bottles. So don't worry or think you suddenly grew old and weary, you're just beginning life 8-)

(P.S. Happy birthday & If you do decide to purchase a cigar, don't embarrass yourself like I did & cut it from the wrong end)

congratz, although I am one of those who see an adult as someone over 21 (even though I am only 16, 1½ years till I am 18)

On my 18th I might get some burbon & cola, just to see why my dog loves the stuff (dad gave him some not long after we got him as a puppy, he ran into everything after dad gave him too much :lol: )

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

well i turn 18 in 2 weeks...and i don't smoke cigs, but i do smoke cigars, hookah, etc and drink alcohol.

tbh 18 year olds should be allowed to drink in the U.S...After all we can go to iraq and [bleep]ing die...yet we cant drink...

but the way i see it being 18 wont be that big of a deal, other than the fact that i only have 2 weeks left to get arrested for something and not get f'd in the A...

Never been a big drinker, but upon turning 18 I immediately bought a bottle of Captain Morgan's dark jamaican rum & some coke, shared with 2 friends, and a $40 havanna cigar. Just to finally get access to the 'forbidden items'. Man that was great, only things missing were a good old parrot, a ship and some gold doubloons.

In a lot of countries now, though, even 18 year old's can't buy all beverages. You'll have to wait until 20/21 to buy over 22% bottles. So don't worry or think you suddenly grew old and weary, you're just beginning life 8-)

(P.S. Happy birthday & If you do decide to purchase a cigar, don't embarrass yourself like I did & cut it from the wrong end)

Haha we have a really high end Cigar maker in PA that sells really good precut ones, i had it, pretty good, deff nice every once in awhile.

Sig

What will I do when I am 18? Do everything I can't now of course! ;) But smoking is not on my agenda....

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

When I turn 18, it's just going to be another day. I already consider myself an adult and am basically a college freshman now. Maybe it'll be a motivator to finally get my driver's license. I'm almost 17 and I still do not even have a permit. It'll be even more of a motivator if my parents give in and buy me a red Mini Cooper or some other European-made car that I would like. American cars really aren't my thing.

What will I do when I am 18? Do everything I can't now of course! ;) But smoking is not on my agenda....

Watch out! He's got an agenda!

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Watch out! He's got an agenda!

Yes, you better watch out, or you will be on it :twisted:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Why do so many of you smoke :shock:

It's one of those things I do when I'm stressed out and need to chill. I've pretty much given it up besides those rare occasions when I need one but I really only gave it up for my girl (she's not into it). So if she ever leaves me it will be the first habit I pick up again :)

Why do so many of you smoke :shock:

It's one of those things I do when I'm stressed out and need to chill. I've pretty much given it up besides those rare occasions when I need one but I really only gave it up for my girl (she's not into it). So if she ever leaves me it will be the first habit I pick up again :)

what a great idea to make sure she never leaves :P

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

When I turned 18 I went straight to the bottle shop and bought a heck of a lot of alcohol haha I think I spent about $200 in total, was kinda disappointing though because they didnt ask for id :( but other then that it was a normal day since it was monday I had to wait a whole week to drink most of it.

kirby-sig.gif

I'm 19 now, and a fair bit changed, mostly because of how much of a pain in the arse it is to do anything where I live unless you're 18!

It's good to be able to get into bars, and even restaurants which used to turn me away for being under 18. Why, I don't know - we ended up going for Indian food all the time because pubs used to just kick us out even if we didn't drink and just ate! Makes you wonder...

It's a lifestyle change for sure. Then again, I didn't go to a bar on my 18th, went for a meal instead - at an Indian. :mrgreen:

logo.jpg