Superheating-The underestimated spell

purewcnub

shmv7.jpg

Hello, and welcome to my guide. I have been a member of the community for quite a while and I have decided to release my 1st guide.

[hide=Introduction]mithbarpn7.jpg

Superheat Item. It allows you to smelt ores into bars without a furnace. Superheat Item gives 53 magic experience and 30 smithing experience. But what many people may not know is that it is an excellent source of expereince in both your Magic and Smithing skills. You can have minimal losses, break even, or maybe even make a miniscule profit. Also some people do not know that Superheat item is actually a very fast casting spell, you can cast it almost as fast as you can click it.[/hide]

[hide=Requirements]Requirements for the Superheat Item spell are 43 magic, 50 smithing(this depends on ore you are using) and 4 fire runes and 1 nature rune. For the method I am going to tell you about, you need four coal ore, and 1 mithril ore as well.We will be using a fire staff instead of the fires, because it saves you a bit of money.[/hide]

[hide=Prices of items required as of 12-3-08(Will be updated every day)]Mithril ore= 296gp maximum price

Coal= 188gp maximum price

Nature rune=244gp maximum price

Staff of Fire= 949gp maximum price[/hide]

[hide=Calculations on cost/profit per ber made]188gp*4+244gp+296=1292. 20gp loss per bar(sold at medium price, they WILL sell). If you think that's not bad for training both smithing and magic at the same time, then read on.[/hide]

[hide=Experience per hour]From my experience in the past and current calculations, you can do 1k bars in around 50 minutes, then with another 10 mintues it would be around 62k magic exp/hr and 36k smithing exp per hour[/hide]

Under contruction, also adding more pics. feel free to give cc and comment.

[hide=Click here if you are going to flame]youfailuf4.jpg[/hide]

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Are you sure that it is 30 smithing xp per bar from superheat? I could fo sworn when I recorded the xp before that the smithing xp was equivalent to whatever the smelting xp would normally be to make the bar.

Past this not a bad idea subject wise, but could you please post inventory screenies or directions necessary for those less familiar with training this way. That way they can superheat as quickly as possible.

captain_poet.png

• 2 weeks later...

this is howi trained a lot of my smithing, its 74. it;s also a lot faster if you're just in it for exp to superheat than to run to any furnace since you only get 5 bars a load you lsoe energy really fast. also in your inventory have 2 junk items 5 coal 5 mith 15 coal and 1 junk item to have the mith ore right under superheat so when you click you odnt need to move the mouse and also once bars are made withdrawl 5 mtih deposit bars withdrawl all coals to keep it in order

so it should be something like this

J J C C

C C C M

M M M M

C C C C

C C C C

C C C C

C C C J

J being junk item to fill spots C being coal and M being mith

good guide

]ac_s_dc.png

How significant is this 20 GP loss per bar?

It sounds minuscule at first, but I'm worried it can get awfully expensive.

I've been meaning to get 80 Magic, but I'm so damn poor. If this method works cheaply/break even I'll be grateful for this guide and stuff. :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to get 80 Magic, but I'm so damn poor. If this method works cheaply/break even I'll be grateful for this guide and stuff. :thumbsup:

Assuming you mean the account that is in your personal info, then you need:

9632 super heats

That means a loss of 400K

For P2P making gold bars (with Goldsmithing gauntlets) would be much more smithing xp (56.2). They work with superheat too. ::'

Yes but you would lose a lot of money by doing this, great guide btw, superheating mith bars is working very well for me (i'm farming ranarrs to cover the loss of money)

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

I can stand behind this, I'm doing it now, very fast exp! :thumbsup: Thanks for this guide.

Btw, if you want max exp you really focused and keep doing superheat after superheat. Kind of boring, but great exp.

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming you mean the account that is in your personal info, then you need:

9632 super heats

That means a loss of 400K

Sorry for not updating the guide, I've had a streak of laziness. At a loss of 20gp per bar, It loses around 400k, but you get 510k mage exp, and 288k smithing exp!(for 9632 bars)

I'm most likely going to stop messing with this guide completely, as I'm thinking of making more guides.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

I use superheat item very often but this guide misrepresents it. The smithing xp is for the type of bar you are making, not always 30 xp. Unless you click incredibly slow the spell is not nearly as fast as you can click; the maximum speed is 1.8 seconds per bar (plus banking). I superheat gold and it is the fastest xp for superheating but it actually loses about 1M per hour for ~1800 bars. It is true that you can approximately break even with mith, adamant, or runite bars, but the guide should mention gold too.

I use superheat item very often but this guide misrepresents it. The smithing xp is for the type of bar you are making, not always 30 xp. Unless you click incredibly slow the spell is not nearly as fast as you can click; the maximum speed is 1.8 seconds per bar (plus banking). I superheat gold and it is the fastest xp for superheating but it actually loses about 1M per hour for ~1800 bars. It is true that you can approximately break even with mith, adamant, or runite bars, but the guide should mention gold too.

this guide is about superheating mithril bars ;)

Also, it is almost as fast as you can click, it is considerably faster than alching.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

this guide is about superheating mithril bars ;)

Also, it is almost as fast as you can click, it is considerably faster than alching.

Based on the title and introduction this a guide for superheating in general. Other than the picture of the mithril bar in the introduction there is no indication that the guide is only for superheating mithril bars. I never said that superheating is not considerably faster than alching. In fact, you can cast superheat item exactly 5 times in the same time as exactly 3 alches. If you don't want to put how long each cast takes in the guide and instead use a vague description that is not applicable for many people, fine, it's your guide.

Prices of items required(outdated)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look--->Mithril ore= 296gp maximum price

Coal= 188gp maximum price

Nature rune=244gp maximum price

Staff of Fire= 949gp maximum price

Also... the part that says requirements.. pretty obvious.. says you need 50 smithing for this, and you need 50 smithing for mithril bars. coincidence? Hm.... it doesn't give clues to mithril at all does it?

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

• 3 weeks later...

It's possible to do it with 49 smithing, just fill the empty spaces with dwarven stouts. Its how I got 50 smithing :P

If you buy enough and put it in your bank, you just have to bank the empty glasses and withdraw new ones (by the way, the falador pub sells stouts at 3 gp, and buys glasses at 2 gp, meaning 1gp loss/bar)