prayer - only by saradomin?

ultigamer

the prayer symbol in the last puzzle of the quest, is the symbol of Saradomin the four-pointed star. but if (like always thought by many) the prayers go to multiple gods ore even all of them, wouldn't be the symbol a guthian flame?

if anyone has a picture of the altar please post it ::'

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

What prayer symbol?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well alatrs around rs have all different symbols on them subject to god.

Saradomin is the mainstream god however, ehcne msot would pray to him.

And are the altars random or something cause I swear I did not have prayer one

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not sure what you're talking about with said quest, but the prayer icon has always been the 4-pointed star of Saradomin, before Runescape has such intricate plotlines (and picky fans), and since it doesn't effect... anything Jagex hasn't changed it. Changing it to the the symbol of Guthix (which is a river, not a flame by the way) wouldn't make much sense, since it would be once again focused on a single God. I'm sure the developers have more pressing issues, like what's for supper.

quit

If you compare the prayer symbol to the star of Saradomin you will find they have small differences. The prayer symbol has curved edges between each point whilst the saradomin star has straight lines.

Whilst I think that originally they were meant to be one and the same symbol with the expansion on runescapes lore they have been made subtly different.

Caldius.png

If you compare the prayer symbol to the star of Saradomin you will find they have small differences. The prayer symbol has curved edges between each point whilst the saradomin star has straight lines.

Whilst I think that originally they were meant to be one and the same symbol with the expansion on runescapes lore they have been made subtly different.

It used to be exactly like the Saradomin symbol. It was changed when Jagex did an interface update last year.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Elite black knights clearly say that Zamorak has abandoned them when then run out of prayer.

I think it's a Saraodomin symbol to remind the player of what potion it needs. If it was a Guthix symbol, it could look like it needs a balance potion. It was just for the sake of the puzzle.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Elite black knights clearly say that Zamorak has abandoned them when then run out of prayer.

I think it's a Saraodomin symbol to remind the player of what potion it needs. If it was a Guthix symbol, it could look like it needs a balance potion. It was just for the sake of the puzzle.

yeah cause guthix has the swirly root thing for nature but also the scales for balance.

When I did tht last bit one of the statues was a pair of scales that required the guthix balance pot

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If it was Saradomin being forced to give prayer, then the Elite Black wouldn't say "Curses, Zamorak has abandoned me!" when their prayer runs out =/
I'm sure Saradomin said in a letter that he is forced by Guthix to give prayers to every player in runescape and not just Saradominists so prayer would be something Saradomin deals with.. Take a look through the God letters.

I remember that to. Conflicting sides show Jagex's attention to detail compared to their players. Ah well, guess you cannot catch everything.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I think the Saradomin star has a context-dependant dual symbolism. It is primarily the sign which represents anything related to Saradomin, but can also mean prayer, not necessarily to Saradomin. The same symbol with two different yet related meanings.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

If it was Saradomin being forced to give prayer, then the Elite Black wouldn't say "Curses, Zamorak has abandoned me!" when their prayer runs out =/
I'm sure Saradomin said in a letter that he is forced by Guthix to give prayers to every player in runescape and not just Saradominists so prayer would be something Saradomin deals with.. Take a look through the God letters.

I remember that to. Conflicting sides show Jagex's attention to detail compared to their players. Ah well, guess you cannot catch everything.

But the Elite Black knights wouldn't know that it was Saradomin helping them. Since their god is Zamorak they would probably think it's Zamorak helping them.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

But the Elite Black knights wouldn't know that it was Saradomin helping them. Since their god is Zamorak they would probably think it's Zamorak helping them.

It's not hard to imagine Zamorak taking credit for it, since it would keep the knights in order.

Zerker_jane.png

Well the Kalaphite Queen uses prayer but definatly does not worship Saradomin. He worships scabaras or maybe Zaros from what Ive read else where. Also Its my personal belief that the 5%, 10%, and 15% prayers might be from Zammorak seeing as Saradomin doesn't believe in fighting ( But then again, Piety and Chivalry are the most powerful and are supported by Saradomin)

Whatisup618.png

whatisup618.png

Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape As Of 4/29/08

Well the Kalaphite Queen uses prayer but definatly does not worship Saradomin. He worships scabaras or maybe Zaros from what Ive read else where. Also Its my personal belief that the 5%, 10%, and 15% prayers might be from Zammorak seeing as Saradomin doesn't believe in fighting ( But then again, Piety and Chivalry are the most powerful and are supported by Saradomin)

Who said Saradomin doesn't believe in fighting...? Ahem, Godwars, ahem.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Well the Kalaphite Queen uses prayer but definatly does not worship Saradomin. She worships scabaras or maybe Zaros from what Ive read else where. Also Its my personal belief that the 5%, 10%, and 15% prayers might be from Zammorak seeing as Saradomin doesn't believe in fighting ( But then again, Piety and Chivalry are the most powerful and are supported by Saradomin)

it's was stated by jagex that the kalphite queen does not pray, but has immunity against those attacks. in the first form the shell bounces off any magic or ranging equipment and while flying, melee atacks can't hit her

however these are not perfect, and work not all the time. you might hit the second form without veracs, but it is rare

OT:

I'm not exactly sure what to believe now...both theories have good and checked backgrounds :wall:

the the mention about the curved edges is very obserbant of you.normally i see those kinds of thing, uhg

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

Well the Kalaphite Queen uses prayer but definatly does not worship Saradomin. She worships scabaras or maybe Zaros from what Ive read else where. Also Its my personal belief that the 5%, 10%, and 15% prayers might be from Zammorak seeing as Saradomin doesn't believe in fighting ( But then again, Piety and Chivalry are the most powerful and are supported by Saradomin)

it's was stated by jagex that the kalphite queen does not pray, but has immunity against those attacks. in the first form the shell bounces off any magic or ranging equipment and while flying, melee atacks can't hit her

however these are not perfect, and work not all the time. you might hit the second form without veracs, but it is rare

OT:

I'm not exactly sure what to believe now...both theories have good and checked backgrounds :wall:

the the mention about the curved edges is very obserbant of you.normally i see those kinds of thing, uhg

Nah KQ just has massive defence, with a godsword you still smash her in either form.

OT:

Nah KQ just has massive defence, with a godsword you still smash her in either form.

If you talk to the wise old man either in game or read one of his replies in the postbag then you'll realise that he states that she does use prayer. And seeing as he's both WISE and OLD, I'd say he's got it right. I would find it but I've quit so I can't be bothered to when it comes down to it.

Sig.jpg

OT:

If you talk to the wise old man either in game or read one of his replies in the postbag then you'll realise that he states that she does use prayer. And seeing as he's both WISE and OLD, I'd say he's got it right. I would find it but I've quit so I can't be bothered to when it comes down to it.

mmm I have NEVER seen anyone hit with range/mage on form one or melee on form two and i've been with many godsword users.

Only exception si veracs and thats because set effect ignores all def and prayer = form of def

Plv6Dz6.jpg

mmm I have NEVER seen anyone hit with range/mage on form one or melee on form two and i've been with many godsword users.

Only exception si veracs and thats because set effect ignores all def and prayer = form of def

Here is a video clip showing otherwise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdfqXkC1wXE

[hide=Those who prefer embedded]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdfqXkC1wXE [/hide]

I believe that the prayer by the KQ actually works in the same way in the PvM and PvP situation. When you're fighting a monster, your prayer will block 100% of that specific style dealt by the monster. However when fighting a player you can only block 50% of that damage, but still decreasing the frequency and damage dealt significantly. I believe that Jagex thinks that a player in battle can take on the KQ with equivalency and have classified the KQ as a 'player', able to block damage but not 100% of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's just my theory ;)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Here is a video clip showing otherwise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdfqXkC1wXE

[hide=Those who prefer embedded]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdfqXkC1wXE [/hide]

I believe that the prayer by the KQ actually works in the same way in the PvM and PvP situation. When you're fighting a monster, your prayer will block 100% of that specific style dealt by the monster. However when fighting a player you can only block 50% of that damage, but still decreasing the frequency and damage dealt significantly. I believe that Jagex thinks that a player in battle can take on the KQ with equivalency and have classified the KQ as a 'player', able to block damage but not 100% of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's just my theory ;)

I have specced a 54 on the second form of the kq twice, i consistantly hit 40+ on her, with my Saradomin Godsword.

Jagex stated a long time ago that she does not pray she just has abnormally high def and they put the prayer signs up as a warning.