RS Died one year ago today

TheDayRsDied

I remember when first played runescape. I remeber how it used to be.It was just before the Slayer Skill came out. I became a member shortly after that, because I had finished Dragon Slayer and there was no direction to what I was doing anymore. I started getting assignments that required Mage Melee Defense, so I wanted to get Dragon hide. I pushed my range up to 40 in a few hours. Without doing any research, I decided to go kill a few Green Dragons and get the hide to ake the D Hide armor myself, get the crafting exp.

I knew I would have to go to the wilderness. Some guy in the Edgeville bank said he would protect me if I paid him 30k up front and 30k upon getting to the dragons. I wanted the crafting exp, and the pride in making the armor without buying it, so I agreed.

He took my money and led me into the wildy. After a while we ran into a clan. He pm'ed me telling me to run. I Ran, but two dots on my indicator were running toward me. I ran back the other way, back to the guy who I paid, but he didnt help. I tried to punch his buddies and he laughed because he had told me to put all my weapons and armour away back at the bank for "Security- u dont want to die and lose the value". I was surronded and I was killed a few seconds later. They laughed and said "Stupid nub" and "good fight, u tried".

And I laughed too. I didn't cry. I didn't complain about their "Igonrance". I didn't go onto the RS forums and complain. I didn't do any of these things, because unlike many of these whiny brats, I understand that this is just a game. I screwed up and got killed. It was kinda letdown, but it was exciting and fun. And I later fooled a few nub myself. With a clan. Shoot me. Sue me. Say im Ignorant. Say I never learned my "lessons". How about trying to grow up a little too.

You whiners ruined this game. Now everything is "fair". No risks. No faillure. No fun. This game is a breeze now, and the same idiots who complain about It being that way, like Queltar, are the ones who backed all these stupid changes.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO RISK ANYTHING, THEN DONT PLAY THE GAME TO BEGIN WITH. DON'T SCREW IT UP FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

12/11/07- THE DAY RS DIED. AND I WILL NEVER GET OVER IT.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have ANY idea what you're talking about? Tell me why they made those changes. Tell me what would have happened if they didn't make the changes. Here's a hint, Runescape would LITERALLY DIE.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I'm sorry, sir, but are you saying that because there are more rants complaining about Runescape that it's "dead"? If so, that is a very stupid opinion. I'm fairly sure that you're saying because you didn't complain a year ago about how you got scammed, Runescape was better then? And now because people are able to vent their emotions and share with a sympathetic crowd that they're "killing" Runescape?

And don't forget that you're ranting now! It seems to me that you're just bitter at everyone who's ranting, so you decided to make your own rant and join them. Hypercritical much? :wall: :wall: :wall:

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Psst. Guess what. RWT = closed in 6 months. Therefore, at this moment, RS would be dead, as in no one playing and the game offline. Instead, the game has VASTLY improved, with many great updates coming into the game.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Cry more

Somewhere else.

You need to realize that the PVP updates wernt to take risk or anything else like that out, it was to stop RWT.

End of discussion. And yes, you do need to get over it. Your telling us to grow up, your the one sobbing over updates that happened a YEAR ago, and yet you still play. This is like getting dumped by your girlfriend, her moving two states away, and you still angry/sad/trying to get her back over a year later.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I loved the thrills of trading, and always ended up on the down side of a trade, which was great because I've learned so much from my experiences. However, I do not mind the direction that RuneScape has turned; it's bettering the community. The game is hardly dead, it's thriving with a larger player base than ever before.

Creating topics with Shock Names is a poor way to get attention, maybe you could tone things down a bit.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

RS is far from dead, the sooner people realise this the better.

Please take your rant elsewhere ::'

People aren't allowed to have opinions now?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I' m sure that Dec 10th 2007 was the day Runescape took a giant poop and flushed all the bad things out. Some good things aswell but now it feels better and is getting back into shape!

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Psst. Guess what. RWT = closed in 6 months. Therefore, at this moment, RS would be dead, as in no one playing and the game offline. Instead, the game has VASTLY improved, with many great updates coming into the game.

Yeah I have been here lurking here for a while, and I have noticed you in particular have a habit of making unsourced statements or citing "Studies" that have never ben confirmed by a third party(especially in your "Slayer Sucks" Topic).

I have heard the rumor that there was some kind of lawsuit in the works against Jagex if they didnt get RWT under control, but that is what that is. A Rumor. Not a fact. It has never been confirmed anywhere.

There are other ways that RWT could have been stopped. Jag decided though that they could kill two birds with one stone-stop losers like you from jamming their message centers with "OMG I gawt PK3d its s0 m34n im g0nn4 kill u" and halt RWT.

I still play RS, and maybe saying it "died" is a little too dramatic. But a major part of Runescape was shut down that day, nobody can deny that.

"VASTLY improved"

In your opinion. You are not the final say on whther or not It has been improved. Im sure there are 60,000 people somewhere who would agree with me.

Yeah I have been here lurking here for a while, and I have noticed you in particular have a habit of making unsourced statements or citing "Studies" that have never ben confirmed by a third party(especially in your "Slayer Sucks" Topic).

I have heard the rumor that there was some kind of lawsuit in the works against Jagex if they didnt get RWT under control, but that is what that is. A Rumor. Not a fact. It has never been confirmed anywhere.

There are other ways that RWT could have been stopped. Jag decided though that they could kill two birds with one stone-stop losers like you from jamming their message centers with "OMG I gawt PK3d its s0 m34n im g0nn4 kill u" and halt RWT.

I still play RS, and maybe saying it "died" is a little too dramatic. But a major part of Runescape was shut down that day, nobody can deny that.

"VASTLY improved"

In your opinion. You are not the final say on whther or not It has been improved. Im sure there are 60,000 people somewhere who would agree with me.

Neither are you. I'm sure there are 60,000 people somewhere who would agree with me. Since you seem to be so fond of shouting down things, perhaps you could explain your own ideas to rid the game of unbalanced trades?

Oh, and as for the 'slayer sucks', feel free to post on that thread if you disagree with anything. I'm not sure what studies your talking about, but there could be a few out there. I usually provide sources; occasionally I forget, but I always supply them upon request.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I really don't get this rant. And I can't get over the fact that there are people lurking around here, making new users to post topics that have been quelled months past.

Sure, I respect your right to rant and all, to vent and whatnot, but honestly? Making a new user just for the sake of creating this topic is a little too far. It's been dealt with, it's not coming back, get over it... What else can we say? There are tons of people still playing this game who seemingly have no problem with it big enough to all out quit.

I remember the good old days too, just after Slayer was released actually. A total noob, oblivious to what was going on and just making my way. Having fun, which I still do.

Please understand... "The times they are a changing" ;)

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Yea bro i love getting scammed too. I handed out all my gps to lurers but then the trade update ruined my fun >:-( Now i've got 20m burning a hole in my pocket DAMN YOU JAGEX

You dont even get it. That was part of the game. There was RISK involved. You HAD to go to the wildy. Now, it is effortless to make millions of dollars with maybe a week of RC. The Revs are just not the same.

Yea bro i love getting scammed too. I handed out all my gps to lurers but then the trade update ruined my fun >:-( Now i've got 20m burning a hole in my pocket DAMN YOU JAGEX

You dont even get it. That was part of the game. There was RISK involved. You HAD to go to the wildy. Now, it is effortless to make millions of dollars with maybe a week of RC. The Revs are just not the same.

You still haven't told us your solultion to the problem. By the way, I RCed 50k+ nats, dying a total of 3 times to PKers, losing roughly 170k, in the first 30k nats. After that I was smart enough to use a 1 click tele, and I never was PKed again.

DeviledEgg24.png

"VASTLY improved"

Neither are you. I'm sure there are 60,000 people somewhere who would agree with me. Since you seem to be so fond of shouting down things, perhaps you could explain your own ideas to rid the game of unbalanced trades?

Oh, and as for the 'slayer sucks', feel free to post on that thread if you disagree with anything. I'm not sure what studies your talking about, but there could be a few out there. I usually provide sources; occasionally I forget, but I always supply them upon request.

Simple anti-macroing software could have handled this issue. They could have altered the drops so that macros would have no way of getting to them.Think of Rick Turpentine. All you have to do is CLICK on him and random event= over.

They could have had increased player moderation of the wildy.

They could have made an unlimited trade conditional based on a quest or something that would take the amount of time only a legit player would be willing to waste.

Without macros, there is no RWT. Macros were the problem, not Pkers.

How the hell would it be profitable for any business to spend hours every day PKing to get the gold? Macros were the problem. PKing was just one of the methods the Macros used to transfer the gold. I got tricked into going to one of those sites one time and 1 m goes for about 8 bucks. That would take days to make any significant profit in the old wildy, because most people just took rune or d hide into the wildy.

This wildy change was not aimed at stopping RWT. It was a marketing decison to throw their old faithful under the bus and addict 5 year olds to an online game in an unhealthy way.

I think there is a misconception about my post. Im not complaining that I was killed. Im complaining that that risk, that part of the game was removed. I bet you loved this update. Now you can just walk in back anf forth from the bank for 23 hours straigght uninturrupted. Fun, huh. No thanx.

"VASTLY improved"

Simple anti-macroing software could have handled this issue. They could have altered the drops so that macros would have no way of getting to them.Think of Rick Turpentine. All you have to do is CLICK on him and random event= over.

They could have had increased player moderation of the wildy.

They could have made an unlimited trade conditional based on a quest or something that would take the amount of time only a legit player would be willing to waste.

Without macros, there is no RWT. Macros were the problem, not Pkers.

How the hell would it be profitable for any business to spend hours every day PKing to get the gold? Macros were the problem. PKing was just one of the methods the Macros used to transfer the gold. I got tricked into going to one of those sites one time and 1 m goes for about 8 bucks. That would take days to make any significant profit in the old wildy, because most people just took rune or d hide into the wildy.

This wildy change was not aimed at stopping RWT. It was a marketing decison to throw their old faithful under the bus and addict 5 year olds to an online game in an unhealthy way.

I think there is a misconception about my post. Im not complaining that I was killed. Im complaining that that risk, that part of the game was removed. I bet you loved this update. Now you can just walk in back anf forth from the bank for 23 hours straigght uninturrupted. Fun, huh. No thanx.

What? Many RWTers were high level accounts, run by paid-for employees. Some of them macroed; some of them didn't; most of them had a human behind the account who could beat the quest for a few hours and a few cents pay. PKing is a gold transfer method; it doesn't take hours, they ran into the wildy with coins or some item worth that much, and let the person receiving the gold kill them. The wildy change wasn't Jagex method of killing runescape.

DeviledEgg24.png

TheDayRsDied, you seem confused. Runescape, is not dead, while it is true that many players quit with the removal of Wilderness Pking, and Free Trade, it is also true that in response, Jagex compensated by creating a slew of minigames available to both P2P, and F2P. With the addition of these new F2P minigames, new players can now get a sense of how minigames and their reward systems might work in other P2P minigames. Giving them a taste, and making them want more. This has attracted many new players to the game.

You're also wrong about why you thought that Jagex removed Free Trade and Wilderness Pking. It was all to prevent Real World Traders, or RWT. RWT were horrific things that used bots to suck up resources and sell gold. Bots had a negative impact on the game, no argument about that, though this applies in particular to F2P worlds. Bots potentially ruined the Runescape experience for new members, sucking up yews, and spamming chats, scamming, and so on. Perhaps Jagex did do the update to 'shield' some of the more immature players, but that's only half of it. It's not just protecting some whiny players, it's protecting some whiny players that pay Jagex.Jagex, you see, is a business. RWT's were a threat to that income, and thus, Jagex removed them.

Also, you claim that the risk aspect of the game is gone. I care to disagree. With the removal of Wilderness Pking, the first replacement that Jagex made was Bounty Hunter. Bounty Hunter is arguably the highest risk minigame yet. In many ways it simulates Wilderness Pking, for one thing, you can only fight players near your level, as the low,mid, and high craters do. You can attack players at anytime, and should you get a kill, or be killed, you will lose everything in your inventory. Now, I don't know about you, but in my opinion, that definitely isn't risky.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

I've played long enough to remember before the updates very well. And it's odd you mention runecrafting since thats how I made ALL MY MONEY before gwd. RC got trashed with the GE reducing profits down to half of what they were before. It was way easier to RC before the updates. RC pkers were a joke.

Despite that I still prefer RS today. Everything they took from me has been replaced by a much better alternative. The GE and summoning are now parts of my RS life that I wouldn't trade for all the GP in the world. GWD has cash making alternatives that are faster cash and funner than RC.

Risk before 10/12/07? Theres THE SAME amount of risk now. You die, You loose items. In GWD not even friends can save them. All I ever lost in old wild was a some dragon hides. All I've lost in new wildy is some dragonhides. No change in the risk department. I loose the same on death as I did before.

Unless by risk you mean your world getting OVER RUN BY GOD DAMNED BOTS then I don't see what you mean.

Go play BH or go away. "But BH is haaaaard whine whine". You just said you wanted risk and BH forces you to take heavy risks.

You whiners ruined this game. Now everything is "fair". No risks. No faillure. No fun. This game is a breeze now, and the same idiots who complain about It being that way, like Queltar, are the ones who backed all these stupid changes.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO RISK ANYTHING, THEN DONT PLAY THE GAME TO BEGIN WITH. DON'T SCREW IT UP FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

12/11/07- THE DAY RS DIED. AND I WILL NEVER GET OVER IT.

There isn't a facepalm poster or smiley big enough.

You clearly did no research on this before posting. Before targeting a group about this, make sure you know which group they changed it because.

I doubt the OP will read it, but This will help him/her in some way, probably.

I may as well just bookmark the link, I post it so often :lol:

I'm going to say this... Who gives a s*** what the players want, if it wasn't for this update, there would be no wilderness! Have you read the development diary? Read up before you create an entire account for a failed attempt at a successful point. You aren't proving anything except you have a lot of time to waste, waiting for a year after a "bad update" and start ranting about it without checking your facts! RWT would END RUNESCAPE, PERIOD.

[/thread] <--Yeah, I just went there!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Before the December 10th updates, I would always see 175,000+ people on at this time. Now I'm lucky to see 130,000. Jagex was doing something right back then, which isn't happening now.

trafficcm9.jpg

Statistics speak otherwise. Remember this is compared to other page views, which is constantly rising.

DeviledEgg24.png