big guy with a sword, not a sig :P -finish

Random

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice linework random, and great colouring everyone. Id like to see some shadowing on that character on his left shoulder there should be a shadow onto his chest next to his head, yeah I prefers randoms cus the colours really suit it and the shading makes it look like new armour.. What will he be holding in his left hand? a flag? or what mixand came up with?

Goodluck with the pixel pic ~ Ter

vistame09copyhr8.png

I just wonder why in Pete's sake are you coloring it with pixeling. There is nothing to be gained and alot time to be wasted. I could do that kind of coloring with brushes in about 5 minutes. :(

When there is no "detail penalty" from brushing you should really opt for it. Definately in a large piece like this with little minor details.

brushing sucks dude, I seriously dont like it cus your just depending on what the computer can do for ya.. you can do any amount of brushing with a little effort on any pixel program, its the challenge of using limited resources to create something beautiful :D. Using brushing kinda just seems like a short cut for me, I'd rather spend longer on something then spend a couple of minutes doing a half assed job of it.. Im sure you can do pretty good art with brushing but its the fact that your doing it pixel by pixel which makes it pixel art, not just 'art'..

Don't really agree with you, but I can see that you can't understand why people choose to do something that takes longer rather than a quicker way with practically the same outcome.. I suppose its just knowing that more efforts gone into it, most other people cant do it with pixels which is why they choose brushing, its like growing your own veg rather than buying it at the shop :wink: .

:( ~RIP God~ :(

- Ter

vistame09copyhr8.png

you get a lot more satisfaction out of this:P

I've done brushing before for some of my pencil sketches, and I can say definately that I feel a lot more satisfied from doing this even if it's driving me crazy at them moment :P

image1ne5.png

brushing sucks dude, I seriously dont like it cus your just depending on what the computer can do for ya.. you can do any amount of brushing with a little effort on any pixel program, its the challenge of using limited resources to create something beautiful :D. Using brushing kinda just seems like a short cut for me, I'd rather spend longer on something then spend a couple of minutes doing a half assed job of it.. Im sure you can do pretty good art with brushing but its the fact that your doing it pixel by pixel which makes it pixel art, not just 'art'..

Don't really agree with you, but I can see that you can't understand why people choose to do something that takes longer rather than a quicker way with practically the same outcome.. I suppose its just knowing that more efforts gone into it, most other people cant do it with pixels which is why they choose brushing, its like growing your own veg rather than buying it at the shop :wink: .

:( ~RIP God~ :(

- Ter

From personal experience, I've been finding it MUCH easier to make a satisfying pixel rather than a satisfying painting, even if it takes twice as long. And usually, its the digital painting that requires a lot more time and effort.

Don't think that the professional cg painters chose to do digital paintings over pixels because "they are not worthy of doing something as difficult as pixels". Pixels can sometimes (not very often) take hours of extra time because you use a small 1px brush and have to manually anti-alias etc., but they both require the same amount of talent.

Personally, I prefer a well-made digital painting to a well-made pixel. And I'd much prefer to learn to make a well-made digital painting rather than a well-made pixel, for the fact that a lot most others will agree with me that digital paintings look better than pixels.

I may try to paint this piece using your lines if you don't mind (of course, it will be for practice, and i'll only post it here). You're making great progerss on the colours :)

PS: Growing your own as opposed to buying it? :roll: What kind of digital painting have you been doing?

Pretty cool.. nice work.

Whoever said they can do the whole shading with brush..I think many people prefer using the paint brush tool in Paint. I've seen coloring done with brushing, turns out really rubbish. The light sorce are too random and only from the lightest to the darkest.

1b57366d.jpg

I love it man, keep up the good work.

Add a background? :o

vistame09copyhr8.png

I got a long way to go :shock:

(And for you who notice it I am shading the way he is, thinking about trying it a couple more different ways too see how it looks)

bigpixel13so.th.png

Ive already spent 5+ hours perfecting the parts I have done, man I'm slow :?

PS: Yours owns the one im doing :shock:

Awsome proportionate and natural looking character. Awaiting final colored version, interested in seeing how you could incorporate a BG with it. I'm also glad that the sword looks physically possible and isn't as big as the empire state building. :)

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art