16th December 2008 - Christmas Event and Quest

Junkie_Joe

^ Bonesack was first thing I did when i got santa costume (with santa hat) :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just click the pics

santns4.th.png

santa2ms4.th.png

shame it's so small :wall: :wall: :wall: :roll: #-o .

(a bigger picture would be nice :P \' ).

I would have cropped but it's getting late so I'll get a bigger version tomorrow ;)

yes.png

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I'm a level 3 skiller, so I can't show a picture (I do own a santa hat), but any guys interested in looking like a better santa, try completing rag's bone man wish list, having a bone sack looks just like a presents sack! I'd highly appriciate anyone willing to post that picture :thumbsup: .

EDIT: also a white beard...

if you look on page 5 of this thread second post you will see just what you have described.

Ok quick Question before I do the quest:

If i complete the quest, will I be able to go back to the room to get the agility experience when i become member again? And is the crafting and Woodcutting experience members only? I was thinking i should just wait to do it, but I dont know. I dont want to lose out on experience :ohnoes:

1icyna.png

If i complete the quest, will I be able to go back to the room to get the agility experience when i become member again? And is the crafting and Woodcutting experience members only? I was thinking i should just wait to do it, but I dont know. I dont want to lose out on experience :ohnoes:

Woodcutting requires an axe, and 80 Woodcutting (f2p, 20k exp), Crafting requires a chisel and a hammer, and 30 Crafting (also f2p, 2k exp), and Agility requires no equipment, and 55 Agility (p2p obviously, 10k exp).

Crafting and woodcutting exp are both f2p. Since this is from the quest, not the event, I'd assume that you'd be able to get the agility exp anytime when you're on a member's world, but I can't guarantee it.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Crafting and woodcutting exp are both f2p. Since this is from the quest, not the event, I'd assume that you'd be able to get the agility exp anytime when you're on a member's world, but I can't guarantee it.

Yes, you can get it as a member.

I know you can get it as a member. The question was whether or not you can go back and get the experience at any time, which would be logical. On the other hand, Jagex sometimes fails at logic, which is why I can't guarantee it.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I know you can get it as a member. The question was whether or not you can go back and get the experience at any time, which would be logical. On the other hand, Jagex sometimes fails at logic, which is why I can't guarantee it.

The guy only asked whether or not he will be able to get the agility experience as a member, and yes he will.

[hide=]

The guy only asked whether or not he will be able to get the agility experience as a member, and yes he will.

[/hide]

'When [he] becomes a member again', which implies that he's not just hopping over to a members world. Hence my comments on being able to get it 'at any time.'

...You know, this has got to be the longest arguement I've ever had with someone that agrees with me. :? Sorry. :)

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

has anyone realized yet how much of an Epic Fail this event is?? lets take a minute to review:

1) go to event start point

2)talk to imp

3)put on ammy

4)summon imp

5)talk to imp

6)locate jack

7)talk to jack

8)run over jack

9) recieve santa suit

wow, that is really not up to the standards of an holiday event. and in my opinion the worst one that we've had since xmas of 04. 9 steps, thats it. remeber xmas of 05 with Diango's little helpers? heck, even this years haloween event was almost as epic as xmas 05.

i am very dissapointed at jagex for even thinking that this event was going to suit. for that i give several frowny faces. :cry: :cry: :cry: . i hope they dont "cabbage!" up easter as bad as they did xmas 08.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

has anyone realized yet how much of an Epic Fail this event is?? lets take a minute to review:

2)talk to imp

3)put on ammy

4)summon imp

5)talk to imp

6)locate jack

7)talk to jack

8)run over jack

9) recieve santa suit

wow, that is really not up to the standards of an holiday event. and in my opinion the worst one that we've had since xmas of 04. 9 steps, thats it. remeber xmas of 05 with Diango's little helpers? heck, even this years haloween event was almost as epic as xmas 05.

i am very dissapointed at jagex for even thinking that this event was going to suit. for that i give several frowny faces. :cry: :cry: :cry: . i hope they dont "cabbage!" up easter as bad as they did xmas 08.

Hey, you're forgetting the very nice plot! :thumbsup: An ice prince teenager gone away from his homeland, creating havoc, and besides, all the extra jokes and stories (like the one between santa and the queen, and the joke about the cookies and time, and if you ask your imp (after you've completed the event) to take you to his home town you get under very funny "circus-stances", rofl).

And let us not forget this is a mod's first event, he's not experienced, don't over critisize him. :shame: :wall:

2)talk to imp

3)put on ammy

4)summon imp

5)talk to imp

6)locate jack

7)talk to jack

8)run over jack

9) recieve santa suit

Well number 9 should really be

thaw out santa and 10 is receive santa suit.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I have to agree with Rapono on this one.

It really didn't feel like much attention was put into this event (I'm not talking about quest here), I found it incredibly easy, and short.

Sure, I'm very much grateful for the nice reward and all, but this Christmas event didn't seem very fun, exciting, or inviting for that matter. What's so great about having to go on a random "hotter/colder" hunt for Jack, then sift through a bit of dialogue and watch your character go all pyromaniac on Santa frozen be-hind. You played no active role in the process apart from moving your character to a white patch on the map, in which you were guided to by a snow-imp with a ugly, yet funny looking face.

Not one of the best from Jagex, but hey, easy/quick free Santa Outfit right? :)

----

The quest on the other hand, well that was fairly decent. At least this was challenging to some extent, I did find the reward to be a bit on the week side though XD

\' !! Happy Christmas All !! \'

2)talk to imp

3)put on ammy

4)summon imp

5)talk to imp

6)locate jack

7)talk to jack

8)run over jack

9) recieve santa suit

I actually enjoyed the event... though some of that might be because i think it's ridiculously fun to slide around on the ice patches. But I had fun. Maybe that was partly because I didn't get confused over hot and cold like some people in this thread. And my imp is fun. :thumbsup: I'm gonna miss him when Jagex finishes the event.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I have to agree with Rapono on this one.

It really didn't feel like much attention was put into this event (I'm not talking about quest here), I found it incredibly easy, and short.

Sure, I'm very much grateful for the nice reward and all, but this Christmas event didn't seem very fun, exciting, or inviting for that matter. What's so great about having to go on a random "hotter/colder" hunt for Jack, then sift through a bit of dialogue and watch your character go all pyromaniac on Santa frozen be-hind. You played no active role in the process apart from moving your character to a white patch on the map, in which you were guided to by a snow-imp with a ugly, yet funny looking face.

Not one of the best from Jagex, but hey, easy/quick free Santa Outfit right? :)

----

The quest on the other hand, well that was fairly decent. At least this was challenging to some extent, I did find the reward to be a bit on the week side though XD

\' !! Happy Christmas All !! \'

Give me yellow clothes and put a 'banana' sign on me, but I absolutly LOVED that event <3:<3: ,

I really can't tell why, I'm guessing it has something to do with me waiting quite a long time for that santa suit to complete my set (with my hat), or the simple reason that these imps are so cute! <3:

anyhow! I loved it :mrgreen: .

2)talk to imp

3)put on ammy

4)summon imp

5)talk to imp

6)locate jack

7)talk to jack

8)run over jack

9) recieve santa suit

05 Christmas event:

1. Talk to Diango

2. talk to helper

3. Make toys

4. Fill Box

6. Deliver to Santa

7. Get decorations

8. Decorate tree in Varrok

9. Receive marionette

Wow, how riveting. You're just looking for something to cry about, this has nothing to do with the "standards of a holiday event".

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think that what was unusual about this event was that you really had to do only one very simple thing -- find jack (and "defeating" him makes two things, I guess). Most other events involve either doing one thing several times (like bowling for chocolate) or a little series of things. With this one, once you found jack, you pretty much were on auto pilot. I'm not really complaining -- I'm just saying that it felt a little different.

Another thing that I noticed is that this event was not as well integrated with the accompanying quest as the Halloween event was. With the Halloween event/quest, you could pretty much do them simultaneously. These were almost entirely separate.

punitivedsig.png

I found the Christmas quest much more enjoyable than the event this year. The ice sliding required a little bit of thought but was easy enough to sort out when you had a little think about it (doesn't help when your girlfriend is nagging in your ear to help with dinner though :lol: ). the Christmas event seemed a little simple though that was probably down to more effort being put into the quest, however it was enjoyable none the less. Also liking the emote! :thumbsup:

*quick question* do you reckon the ice necklace will remain in game after the event? as when you try to destroy it it says you can get it back from Diango but I dont know whether it will just be re-attainable to complete the event in the next 2 weeks.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

I found the Christmas quest much more enjoyable than the event this year. The ice sliding required a little bit of thought but was easy enough to sort out when you had a little think about it (doesn't help when your girlfriend is nagging in your ear to help with dinner though :lol: ). the Christmas event seemed a little simple though that was probably down to more effort being put into the quest, however it was enjoyable none the less. Also liking the emote! :thumbsup:

*quick question* do you reckon the ice necklace will remain in game after the event? as when you try to destroy it it says you can get it back from Diango but I dont know whether it will just be re-attainable to complete the event in the next 2 weeks.

Yes, the necklace will be retrieveable from diango after the event, although the imp is gone forever :cry: :cry: :wall: :wall: .

Come to think of it, there wasn't much discussion on the emote :shock: , I mean it is a nice emote, :lol: .

05 Christmas event:

1. Talk to Diango

2. talk to helper

3. Make toys

4. Fill Box

6. Deliver to Santa

7. Get decorations

8. Decorate tree in Varrok

9. Receive marionette

Wow, how riveting. You're just looking for something to cry about, this has nothing to do with the "standards of a holiday event".

thanks for summarizing he 05 event into 9 steps. i hope you dont mind if i expand on it.

making the puppets was sweet. you had to get all the various parts of the puppets from boxes and assemble the parts into one puppet, then you could paint it whatever color you wanted. after you had completed a few you put them in a present box. and made a few more boxes full of puppets.after that you walked to the travely gate and gave them to stranger. aside from the toys, you could choose your favorite ornament decoration style and paint it how you saw fit. then when you had all the decorations you wanted, you went to varrock and decorated the tree with them.

much more freedom and content than xmas 08.

now on the story, lets see if i could come up with something more interesting than Emo Jack Frost.

" Roald puts up flyers in varrock advertising the need for a GE Santa. so you apply for the job and get it. (santa outfit provided if you dont have one) you go to the GE and sit in your santa throne. little RS kids then sit on ur lap and ask for toys. you write these toys down on a list. and then you pose for GE elves to paint a portrait of the kid and you. after you get the list of, lets say 10 toys. you head over to diagno to get them. only to discover that diango has been knock out! omg! penguins feathers litter the draynor market place and you suspect the KGP had something to do with it! those penguins!!!."

ok someone else finish the story plz im getting tired of typing.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

I honestly think the event was fine, I dont like the long winded events for some junk reward that'll just leave a blank spot in my toybox. The quest should really be what it's about now anyways. and I was impressed.. wasn't particularly hard, but was pretty fun and in its own way challenging; without being frustrating.. Look towards the beginning of this post where the people are complaining about jack being a pain to find.. get over it. good visuals, decent plot. Wouldn't give it 5 gold stars or anything but there are much better things to [bleep] about in RunEscape

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

2)talk to imp

3)put on ammy

4)summon imp

5)talk to imp

6)locate jack

7)talk to jack

8)run over jack

9) recieve santa suit

Be happy jagex are doing anything with a storyline at all. (this will sound tarded but...) Back in my day, the storyline was 'talk to santa and get a present'

This event was very nice, not too complicated but still took some time to do.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

and on the 1st day of christmas jagex gave to us: An angsty representation of pop culture!

Three cheers for angst everyone! YAY!! :thumbsup:

Nothing against 'emo' kids, but really, that was a kinda pitiful if not accurate representation of alot of angst filled children. Home is too square, i'm gonna run away and freeze things in my super secret club house!

ugh. good effort jagex, I'm sure you connected with a good chunk of players, but I wasnt too impressed overall. Decent event, glad you gave us stuff woohoo.

and so Jagex flew away in their magic flying pinto, yelling merry angst-mas to all and have a good angsty night!

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!