Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Greatsilverwyrm

It seems a little bit farfetched to me too, if I must be honest. A bit like the whole Tu Pac thing, you just start believing it if you read it as much as possible.
I still don't believe that, no matter how often I hear 'theories' :P

The same goes with this Dumbledore being alive.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey GreatSilverWyrm. Thanks for taking the time to debate my points.

Here is my response:

Everything else is just inference

Seeing as how JK Rowling has not even written book 7, any theories we make would be based on inferences. My theory is based on assumptions, but I think much of it makes a lot of sense.

--

Doesn't help prove that he's an Animagus whatsoever

It may not prove that he is an Animagus, but it seems that if he was one, it would be logical that his Animagus form would be that of a phoenix. The animal that Dumbledore has been most closely linked to throughout the series has been the phoenix.

Phoenixes, when they burn, basically spontaneously combust. They're not set on fire.

My point exactly! Dumbledore, when he "burned", basically spontaneously combusted. He was not set on fire.

Exactly. Now he's dead. That just provides support for him not being an Animagus, and that he is dead.

Yes! I agree with you that he died. I also believe, however, that he, like a phoenix, may have risen from the ashes, giving us the hope that he may return in book 7.

Yeah, he looked like death because he just drank some freaking potion from Voldemort.

Exactly. His body had weakened considerably and, without an antidote, was continuing to weaken right up until his death.

I beleive that Pettigrew became a rat because he had an affinity for them. Not the other way around.

So you are saying, that because Dumbledore has an affinity for phoenixes, he will become a phoenix? Your logic would have to work in both cases, would it not?

It may not prove that he is an Animagus, but it seems that if he was one, it would be logical that his Animagus form would be that of a phoenix. The animal that Dumbledore has been most closely linked to throughout the series has been the phoenix.

A Phoenix may be appropriate, however we've never seen somone become an animagus of a magical animal..

Let's not debate what he is if he's an animagus, though. IMO it's moot, because I beleive he's not an animagus.

My point exactly! Dumbledore, when he "burned", basically spontaneously combusted. He was not set on fire.

You're contradicting yourself. You said something along the lines of "enemies wouldn't let flames touch Dumbledore's body". My comment was in response to that.

Yes! I agree with you that he died. I also believe, however, that he, like a phoenix, may have risen from the ashes, giving us the hope that he may return in book 7.

When I say "dead", I'm referring to the type of "dead" where you don't come back. If he came back, Harry would not be alone.

Exactly. His body had weakened considerably and, without an antidote, was continuing to weaken right up until his death.

But phoenixes weaken because they're phoenixes approaching burning day. We've never seen a phoenix die, nor have we ever been told what will happen to a phoenix should it die from unnatural causes. For all we know it is possible to kill a phoenix. Much like wizards won't die of natural causes until they're very old. Or how elves in other stories may be killed, but cannot die of natural causes.

So you are saying, that because Dumbledore has an affinity for phoenixes, he will become a phoenix? Your logic would have to work in both cases, would it not?

Pettigrew had an affinity for rats, seemingly one of his only talents. Dumbledore was probably skilled with many/all animals.

Again, though, why are we debating what he would be when we haven't even agreed on if he will be?

IRKAa.jpg

alrite, people, let's get this straight...

Dumbledore is dead.

Snape used the Advra Whatever

That spell is the Ice Barrage of Harry Potter

You get hit with it... you....

DIE!!!

And I have a few theories on what is going to happen in book 7.

Voldemort will attack Bill Weasley's wedding and kill Ron.

Harry will find the rest of the Whorecrutches or those soul thingys.

Hogwarts will be destroyed by the Death Eaters.

Harry will kill Snape.

HArry will go after Voldemort.

Harry will pull a shotgun and shoot Voldemort. (jk, he'll use some magic to kill Voldemort)

Harry will be killed by Malfoy.

He'll come back to be the first-ever Ghost Minister

NOTE: All of these theories are absolutely baseless. They are completely made up. :roll:

item1134847901.png

I know, i have a long, long, long way to go

Many wizards Patronuses are also the animals they become in their Animagus form For example, the Patronus of James Potter takes the form of a stag. The animal he turns into in Animagus form is also a stag.

When exactly do we see Jame's patronus?

We never see it, but I believe either lupin or sirius mentions that his patronus is a stag.

ShadowSam19.png

Guest GhostRanger

Many wizards Patronuses are also the animals they become in their Animagus form For example, the Patronus of James Potter takes the form of a stag. The animal he turns into in Animagus form is also a stag.

We never see it, but I believe either lupin or sirius mentions that his patronus is a stag.

Yes we do know that James' patronus is a Stag but there is no base at all to say that "many wizards Patronuses are also the animals they become in their Animagus form."

That is just one example that we know of so it doesn't mean it happens all the time.

Sounds vaguely farmiliar.. but.. Do you know which book/around which page that's on?

IRKAa.jpg

I think Lupin tells Harry that in the final conversation before he leaves Hogwarts (third book).

Yeah, I remember it from the third book/movie also. Jame's patronus is a stag.

Btw necromagus, whether you care or not, I find your sig offensive. I have nothing against meat eaters, I could really care less, but still, you don't have to advertise the fact that you support the killing of animals. It's so not a cool sig. :?

signaturecj5.jpg

Guest GhostRanger

Sounds vaguely farmiliar.. but.. Do you know which book/around which page that's on?

It actually never says that James' was a stag in the books, it just says that it was his animagus form.

But the point still remains that we do not know that the majority of patronuses are also the form you take as an animagus. We know this can't be true because your patronus can change (Tonks' changes when she falls in love with Remus).