Shouldn't we be allowed to stock pile air rc gloves

SlayerMalk

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the reason we can't stockpile is because the game was trying to discourage "Grinding", and was hoping you'd play for the amount of games to earn yourself a pair of gloves, and then you'd rc 1000 ess, then go play for another pair of gloves

I totally agree.

Even though it would take longer to "grind" when RC'ing by grinding to get tokens to get a new pair?

Counterproductive, in my opinion.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

If you become a member again then it doesn't really matter anymore since the Ring of Dueling will now teleport you there.

Problem solved.

I'm pretty sure the reason we can't stockpile is because the game was trying to discourage "Grinding", and was hoping you'd play for the amount of games to earn yourself a pair of gloves, and then you'd rc 1000 ess, then go play for another pair of gloves

I totally agree.

Even though it would take longer to "grind" when RC'ing by grinding to get tokens to get a new pair?

What?

priest_wiz.png

if my member account wasnt f2p right now i should post this on rsof im sure it would get some support

Regardless, Jagex wouldn't allow stock piling rc gloves anyway. They didn't allow it to happen in the first place, and obviously they had a reason for doing so too. There are times when I would like to have 10+ earth rc gloves in my bank at one time, but the fact of the matter is, you'll just have to accumulate as many FoG tokens as you possibly can.

Btw, thanks for bumping your own old thread, Moose.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I do agree it is rather stupid to have restrictions on Air RuneCrafting Gloves, because they only do last for 1000 essesnces, which go really fast. I do not see how letting a player have, say, 10 pairs can be bad in any way, unless getting double RuneCrafting XP nonstop is a bad thing.

Each pair can get you through 1000 essence, and there's a few teleports that can get you near/at FoG, so it's not that difficult to teleport there and back after a few runs as long as you know what you're doing. It's just one of the terms and conditions of using them, and you're just going to have to accept that.

P.S. Moosecow, your grammar is still horrible.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

All posts containing spam and flame have been removed (including those posts which quoted it); rule-breakers have been accordingly dealt with. I am now personally monitoring this topic for spam/flame/etc. If anyone has any further complaints about this topic, then use the report feature or PM me (this includes challenging my decision and quoting what I've just written/removed).

To OP: topic title has been altered, as I understand you had some difficulty doing that.

Topic unlocked.

Offline and unavailable.

All posts containing spam and flame have been removed (including those posts which quoted it); rule-breakers have been accordingly dealt with. I am now personally monitoring this topic for spam/flame/etc. If anyone has any further complaints about this topic, then use the report feature or PM me (this includes challenging my decision and quoting what I've just written/removed).

To OP: topic title has been altered, as I understand you had some difficulty doing that.

Topic unlocked.

Damn! Your avatar is creepy!

On topic...

After looking over this thread I see it there are 3 major reasons mentioned why you can't stock pile gloves:

• [*:35how4as]Technical limitations - they different charges mean they occupy different bank slots

[*:35how4as]Game Balance limitations - You'd get xp "too fast" by crafting airs

[*:35how4as]The Obligatory Reason - F2P shouldn't get anything easy

Each issue raised can be dealt with pretty easily though...

• [*:35how4as]Technical limitations - simply change them to work like the Rings of Forging and Recoil.

[*:35how4as]Game Balance limitations- of all the arguments this is the most compelling, although its not very strong regardless. Every since the RWT updates RuneCrafting has been dealt a crippling blow in the ways you can train it. The assist system's xp cap limits the amount of xp you can get to just a fraction of what you could get at world 66, or whatever the nature crafting world was. I'm not sure about the figures but I think even bankable air gloves wouldn't bring back that kind of xp. So bankable air gloves wouldn't be game breaking, it would just give people a high cost no-money way of training RuneCrafting at a decent speed. Keep in mind that, while you can use a 10-20 gloves a day, you still need to spend the time to get them, and it would yield no profit.

[*:35how4as]F2P R NUBZ! NO GET GUD STUF!!! - While its true that F2P should never have equal benefits as members for any skill, that isn't to say that they shouldn't get ANYTHING. In this example, however, air gloves would perhaps become the "best" way to train runecrafting, assuming that you don't mind losing a lot of money. This would need to be balanced with additional member content, for example, Cosmic Runecrafting gloves. Cosmic runes are BARELY above the price of Pure Ess as it is, so members could use cosmic gloves to get fast xp at a severely lower profit than, say, nature runes. Mark Gehard has said that he plans on expanding the F2P version of the game, and its small updates like this that could make it work well

oh nice post :) hmm you bring up good points if rune crafting gloves are used like forging (the way the charges stack) that would eliminate the bank problem. Back to the unbalanced thing i feel as though like some people said on other pages of this thread it takes only 5 minutes if that even to get another pair, so what would be the harm in just stacking them in the bank. to the non member issue its not adding bank space to non members which im sure members would be happy about, its just a way to save space. (the bank space problem would only come into play if they allow rune crafting gloves in general to stack in a persons bank)

OTMSigXD.png

My post seems to have been deleted in a storm of delete-happy censorship, but I am reposting it anyway because I think it could help you out.

To get a better response from the community, try putting a little thought into your subject. As it stands, you suggest that we should have the restriction removed but provide no real analysis of the situation. Think to yourself "Why is this like this in the first place?"

There is a very obvious answer to this, and it can be found in your own thoughts. You are thinking "Boy, wouldn't it be easier if I could just stockpile these gloves?" Well, obviously that is the reason they implemented the restriction! You can't just keep making the game easier otherwise eventually you'll log on and not have to train any skills at all, you'll just have as much exp as you'd like from the moment you start your character.

The bottom line is that the only thing your idea does is make one particular aspect of the game easier. Why should it be made easier instead of any other skill in the game? RC, as it stands, is one of the way harder skills..should we just keep making its features easier and easier until RC is no longer one of the slowest skills? Try organizing your ideas a little better and coming up with actual reasons that you think the restriction is a bad idea.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

My post seems to have been deleted in a storm of delete-happy censorship, but I am reposting it anyway because I think it could help you out.

To get a better response from the community, try putting a little thought into your subject. As it stands, you suggest that we should have the restriction removed but provide no real analysis of the situation. Think to yourself "Why is this like this in the first place?"

There is a very obvious answer to this, and it can be found in your own thoughts. You are thinking "Boy, wouldn't it be easier if I could just stockpile these gloves?" Well, obviously that is the reason they implemented the restriction! You can't just keep making the game easier otherwise eventually you'll log on and not have to train any skills at all, you'll just have as much exp as you'd like from the moment you start your character.

The bottom line is that the only thing your idea does is make one particular aspect of the game easier. Why should it be made easier instead of any other skill in the game? RC, as it stands, is one of the way harder skills..should we just keep making its features easier and easier until RC is no longer one of the slowest skills? Try organizing your ideas a little better and coming up with actual reasons that you think the restriction is a bad idea.

sounds more like a rant to be honest you didn't really suggest anything you just kinda complained about it. Its more of a convenience update if that it doesn't make rune crafting easier it just would save bank space and save you 5 minutes of your time. If saving 5 minutes of time will some how unbalance/ make rune crafting easier just leave a post. to the why is it like this in the first place comment Jagex probably didn't think of it at the time it was made only a short time after old style player killing was removed and they were still in the processes of removing real world item trading. I guess my question for you Myweponsg00d is do you really think that allowing an item such as rune crafting gloves to stack in a bank unbalances runecrafting. :) hope i answered your statement.

OTMSigXD.png

At first I thought it would be a bad idea. But when you really think about it, it wouldn't make that much difference. If you had the tokens already and bought them all on one go, how would it be any different to if you bought one pair, used them, bought another... ect. It would save a bit of time, but that bit of time is fairly negligble now so it wouldn't really matter even if they did make them stack...

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Its more of a convenience update if that it doesn't make rune crafting easier it just would save bank space and save you 5 minutes of your time. If saving 5 minutes of time will some how unbalance/ make rune crafting easier just leave a post.

Are you suggesting to have the ability to have multiple gloves to save 5 minutes of your time?

priest_wiz.png

I'm saying its unnecessary to not allow the gloves to stack in the bank. It simply would save time and bank space. It seems to be becoming less and less important if this update were to happen its just an update of convenience like i said before.

But allowing you to run faster would save time aswell. Giving the amulet of glory 8 charges would also save time. Just because something saves time and makes the game easier for you doesn't mean it would make a valid update. I think RC is fine as it is.

Also, if people have to GO to the mini game area to buy more gloves, that promotes thinking along the lines of "Well, if I'm gonna be coming back here again, why should I get tons of tokens now and then walk back here to buy the gloves when I could just get the tokens I need for now, then when I come back I can play the game again for more tokens for another pair!" Forcing people to go back to the mini game helps to ensure that the mini game area will stay populated and people won't just go there to get what they need and then never come back.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I'm saying its unnecessary to not allow the gloves to stack in the bank. It simply would save time and bank space. It seems to be becoming less and less important if this update were to happen its just an update of convenience like i said before.

But allowing you to run faster would save time aswell. Giving the amulet of glory 8 charges would also save time. Just because something saves time and makes the game easier for you doesn't mean it would make a valid update. I think RC is fine as it is.

Comparing bankable air gloves to giving the glory amulet 8 charges is not a valid comparison to make. I'd say its more akin to giving worn items an Operate option to teleport without taking them off. It makes runecrafting a little easier, and a tiny bit faster with the benefit of being MUCH less aggravating.

Also, if people have to GO to the mini game area to buy more gloves, that promotes thinking along the lines of "Well, if I'm gonna be coming back here again, why should I get tons of tokens now and then walk back here to buy the gloves when I could just get the tokens I need for now, then when I come back I can play the game again for more tokens for another pair!" Forcing people to go back to the mini game helps to ensure that the mini game area will stay populated and people won't just go there to get what they need and then never come back.

This isn't really valid either. Whether they get one at a time or they get them all at once, the players spend the SAME amount of time IN the minigame. The only thing that's different is in your scenario the player has to go back and forth for no real reason. You're literally advocating wasting time.

your first statement is a random spam post, there are plenty of people who play fist of guthix there are worlds designated for it if you didn't know most of whom play it for fun not for the rune crafting gloves. There is barley an advantage with this it just allows you to hold more then one pair of rune crafting gloves in your bank at a given time.

edit: this applies to the post 2 above mine

OTMSigXD.png

Cosmic Runecrafting gloves. Cosmic runes are BARELY above the price of Pure Ess as it is, so members could use cosmic gloves to get fast xp at a severely lower profit than, say, nature runes.

yes that is true but what happens when you factor in the ability to make DOUBLE cosmics-good profit and cash? that would crash the market of cosmics due to a flooding of them much like when bloods became rcable (hey if jagex can make up words so can I)

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

Cosmic Runecrafting gloves. Cosmic runes are BARELY above the price of Pure Ess as it is, so members could use cosmic gloves to get fast xp at a severely lower profit than, say, nature runes.

yes that is true but what happens when you factor in the ability to make DOUBLE cosmics-good profit and cash? that would crash the market of cosmics due to a flooding of them much like when bloods became rcable (hey if jagex can make up words so can I)

I hadn't thought of that #-o