Recommend me some Christian Metal bands.

Furah

Christian metal is just metal that has Christian beliefs. Nothing wrong with that. If you are looking for Christian metal, I'd recommend Flyleaf, Demon Hunter, Skillet, Killswitch Engage (they can be interpreted as Christian metal), P.O.D, Underoath, Whitecross, As I Lay Dying (great Christian metal band), Still Remains, X-Sinner, Shout, Bride, and AD/BC ("Kindly Deeds Done For Free!")
lol none of those bands are metal at all

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd suggest you listen to metal that isn't horrible.

Like Agalloch.

And Ulver.

And Cult of Luna.

And Slayer.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'd suggest you listen to metal that isn't horrible.

Like Agalloch.

And Ulver.

And Cult of Luna.

And Slayer.

Bah.

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

When silence drowns the screams?

sirstickykey.png

You're right.Good metal,sorry.

And SlipKnot.

And KoRn.

And GodSmack.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

As I Lay Dying is the only metal band with Christian lyrics that I can stand. Its not because of my religious stance or anything, they just all happen to be horrific metalcore. As it stands AILD is the only metalcore band I like...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Christian metal is just metal that has Christian beliefs. Nothing wrong with that. If you are looking for Christian metal, I'd recommend Flyleaf, Demon Hunter, Skillet, Killswitch Engage (they can be interpreted as Christian metal), P.O.D, Underoath, Whitecross, As I Lay Dying (great Christian metal band), Still Remains, X-Sinner, Shout, Bride, and AD/BC ("Kindly Deeds Done For Free!")

Right... You seem to know every thing about metal and you are right no matter what I say. None of the bands I mentioned are metal at all :wall:

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Right... You seem to know every thing about metal and you are right no matter what I say. None of the bands I mentioned are metal at all :wall:

You're right, even if it was sarcasm; they aren't. They're mallcore.

sirstickykey.png

You're right, even if it was sarcasm; they aren't. They're mallcore.

Yup, you're also right as well. :roll:

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

man i try to keep this on topic and keep it going with actual christian metal and now we got really bad recs of non-christian bands.

...and no, none of that aforementioned [cabbage] is metal; and yes, i'm right, and i know more than you, i know all there is to metal, i am a major authority on metal, etc. [hell, i'll even do some comparisons for u. :)] although, i'll have to give you kudos for the courage, my good friend.

lol nin signature.

p915h.gif

I thought metal was about killing people who whine. Not whining yourself because you have a billion [bleep] sub-genres.

who the hell is whining besides yourself (about whining that doesn't even exist nontheless) this doesn't even have anything to do with sub-genres, stop [bleep]ing.

p915h.gif

I thought metal was about killing people who whine. Not whining yourself because you have a billion [bleep] sub-genres.

You thought wrong.

OT:

- Zao

- The Devil Wears Prada

- Extol

- Demon Hunter

- Becoming the Archetype

- As I Lay Dying

- The Chariot

- Mortification

- Antestor

- Norma Jean

- August Burns Red

- Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

- Living Sacrifice

Or..

I'll edit this later with links.

Cool.

You thought wrong.

OT:

- Zao Metalcore.

- The Devil Wears Prada Metalcore.

- Extol I suppose I'll give you this one.

- Demon Hunter Metalcore.

- Becoming the Archetype Metalcore.

- As I Lay Dying Faulkner. Er, metalcore.

- The Chariot Metalcore.

- Mortification See comments on Extol.

- Antestor ^^^

- Norma Jean Metalcore.

- August Burns Red Metalcore.

- Maylene and the Sons of Disaster Metalcore.

- Living Sacrifice Again, I'll give you this one.

Or..

My comments in bold red.

sirstickykey.png

Guys seriously stop with the non-Christian bands, there are reasons why I asked for Christian metal bands. Plus no need to flame about what is and isn't metal, as not everyone has the same opinions on everything as that would be boring as there would be no need to talk as we would know exactly how the conversation would go.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

You thought wrong.

OT:

- Zao Metalcore.

- The Devil Wears Prada Metalcore.

- Extol I suppose I'll give you this one.

- Demon Hunter Metalcore.

- Becoming the Archetype Metalcore.

- As I Lay Dying Faulkner. Er, metalcore.

- The Chariot Metalcore.

- Mortification See comments on Extol.

- Antestor ^^^

- Norma Jean Metalcore.

- August Burns Red Metalcore.

- Maylene and the Sons of Disaster Metalcore.

- Living Sacrifice Again, I'll give you this one.

Or..

My comments in bold red.

Are you pointing out the metalcore bands because you think they're bad? Look, I'm as hardcore as anyone about metal subgenres, but just because its metalcore doesn't make it automatically bad..

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Considering he used the pejorative "mallcore" (which isn't even a real genre), I'd say he's the kind of person to deride metalcore because it's metalcore. I never understood that attitude... I know of some great metal, and a little bit of great hardcore punk, and putting the two together doesn't automatically make bad metalcore.

Doesn't matter if it is metal or anyways, it's probably what the OP is looking for so who really gives a [cabbage]. That being said I have not found a Christian metal band that was any good, so yeah.

I'm not going to get into the argument about whether or not metalcore is metal. The fact is, most Christian bands that are commonly tagged as metal are metalcore. As such, it makes sense to recommend metalcore to the OP. That and the fact that most of the passable Christian metal bands are metalcore..

@ Nadril: Even if you're not into metalcore (fairly progressive metalcore at that), Becoming the Archetype are quite a decent band.

Cool.

there are reasons why I asked for Christian metal bands.

Your inability to extricate music from theology? In that case, I'd say you're probably hopeless musically.

sirstickykey.png

Even if you're not into metalcore (fairly progressive metalcore at that), Becoming the Archetype are quite a decent band.

Agreed.

On topic, the only Christian metal / core bands worth listening to in my opinion are Becoming the Archetype and new Underoath.

What the guy needs is some Megadeth.

"Also sparking minor controversy was Mustaine's announcement that Megadeth will not play certain songs live anymore, due to Mustaine's new identification as a Christian.[87][88] In recent years Dave Mustaine has become a Born again Christian. In May 2005 Mustaine also allegedly threatened to cancel shows in Greece and Israel with extreme metal bands Rotting Christ and Dissection, due to the bands' perceived anti-Christian beliefs, which in turn caused the two bands to cancel their appearances.[89]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megadeth#Controversy

I understand how you feel about your religion and all,but restricting things because of it is stupid.

Metallica's James Hetfield is I believe,Christian.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I understand how you feel about your religion and all,but restricting things because of it is stupid.

I wouldn't assume that's why, maybe he's making a video for his youth group or something. My friend did that, but he simply used a song from Metal Gear Solid.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.