The biggest "Screw you" moment in a game

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

New one:

Last fight against Raven King on Heavenly Sword, you get him to the point where you need one last hit.

And then you die.

That is incredibly annoying. What I didn't like was the rest of the game being easy, then that boss is real hard. Other than that, one of the best games I ever played.

Actually, Raven King was one of the easier bosses. Against Whiptail and Flying Fox (I think thats the names, I can't remember well) I died on all forms at least once. Mainly due to some bad mistakes and my inability of thinking to roll-dodge. Raven King had to be one of the easiest, Roach being the easiet there was.

I made it through the first two rounds against Raven King no problem, didn't die once.

Final Raven King round and I died 4 times, however, I probably died that much in the first round of Flying Fox's second fight.

I found Raven King disappointingly easy from what I'd heard. Honestly, as a boss, he was very open to speed attacks, and often, his attacks took awhile which gave time to dodge and strike back when he was open.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a while ago and i never played the game

So im a big Marvel vs capcom Player and ive never gotten to the end of it and one day im at the arcade with my buddie and im at the last lvl killing the boss name (it starts with a I) and i kill him using Ryu and im down to like he touches me and im scwd so im all happy cuz i killed him and im like gloating to my friend when my friend start laughing and im all like wtf And on the screen says Meet my deadely hand and its another boss fight and he kills me in one fall swoop

Kingmickez25.png

This is a while ago and i never played the game

So im a big Marvel vs capcom Player and ive never gotten to the end of it and one day im at the arcade with my buddie and im at the last lvl killing the boss name (it starts with a I) and i kill him using Ryu and im down to like he touches me and im scwd so im all happy cuz i killed him and im like gloating to my friend when my friend start laughing and im all like wtf And on the screen says Meet my deadely hand and its another boss fight and he kills me in one fall swoop

The MvC1 boss was really [bleep]ing difficult. I still remember the first time I beat it in the arcade. :)

I remember finally almost beating Sephiroth in Kingdom Heart (I) after many attempts, I was like one hit away from killing me and I got hit :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The one in Kh 1 seems to be harder then 2 whatever anyone says

KH1 seph was incredibally easy, KH2 was harder IMO

258uo8n.jpg

In Dark Sector, where you first find the close combat shield guys. I was going all epic pwn, then 2 shield dudes charged at me and knocked me into a corner and took turns punching the [cabbage] outta me.

And countless times in Mass Effect... Once, when /I was heading for the relay that leads to the Citadel, while driving the mako, all of the geth instantly shot there rockets and obliterated me. JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO GET TO THE RELAY. Another time, on that planet with the all knowing plant thing, at the part where you have to drive, a colossus hit me with the laser ball thing and the mako barely went over the edge and I died cause of it.

Land of the Dead - In the single player mode, in the sewers in the city, I saw a huge pile of green barrels and wondered what would happen if I shot one. WTF BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - At the boss dude who uses a dragon shadow to fight, I was JUST ABOUT TO KILL HIM, when i accidently touch him once, i died.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - I was walking down a street, and some dude just ran at me and punched me in the face for no apparent reason. It was somehow a killing blow. I was jsut thinking: Falcon PAWNCH!

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

ok so ive been stuffing around on GTA4 the past few days and i had 5 stars i think and i was just about to lose them when i smash into a turning car, and my car broke down, then 2 cop cars surround me so i jump out before i get boxed in, my car is really close to a wall and theres only 1 way to get out, i see this cop car going straight for me, it was going so fast and i couldnt avoid it, i had full health and a tiny bit of armour left, wen the car hit me it killed me instantly, was funny to watch tho

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

I remember finally almost beating Sephiroth in Kingdom Heart (I) after many attempts, I was like one hit away from killing me and I got hit :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

KH2 sephiroth doesn't do a good job at killing you if you have the right abilities equipped (retaliating slash, high jump, glide helps but isn't necessary, second chance, once more). KH1 sephiroth on the other hand, killed you very easy, even with the best abilities equipped.

In Mega Man 2, Quickman's stage is a [cabbage]. You have to have lightning-fast reflexes to dodge the incoming bars that slide in and kill you in one hit. The only way to get around that is to use the Time-Stopper if you killed Flashman beforehand, but that's the baby way to get past the moving bars.

EDIT: Here's a video.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

KH2 sephiroth doesn't do a good job at killing you if you have the right abilities equipped (retaliating slash, high jump, glide helps but isn't necessary, second chance, once more). KH1 sephiroth on the other hand, killed you very easy, even with the best abilities equipped.

Actually KH2 Sephy is beatable without the best setups.

Hell, the only drive ability I had equipped was High Jump Lvl 3. Honestly, he does take some skill with only that, since you can't get high enough to stop the attack that totally obliterates your HP and MP, infact I only won because I had elixirs (Heal HP and MP right?) set on L1 + triangle. Which was pretty much an auto-counter for his next move.

And even using that tactic, it took about 10 tries, with multiple keyblades (Ultima Keyblade most of the time, the one that gives you MP Berserk (I think, it gives endless combo when you are recharging MP anyway) is the one I finally won with, and even that took a few attempts).

Oh and I was level 66 when I actually managed to beat him.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Hell, the only drive ability I had equipped was High Jump Lvl 3. Honestly, he does take some skill with only that, since you can't get high enough to stop the attack that totally obliterates your HP and MP, infact I only won because I had elixirs (Heal HP and MP right?) set on L1 + triangle. Which was pretty much an auto-counter for his next move.

And even using that tactic, it took about 10 tries, with multiple keyblades (Ultima Keyblade most of the time, the one that gives you MP Berserk (I think, it gives endless combo when you are recharging MP anyway) is the one I finally won with, and even that took a few attempts).

What mode was this on? I know in proud mode without retaliating slash if sephiroth knocks you into the air you don't come down...

Admittedly, it was on easy.

And yeah, I forgot I had retailiating slash aswell. He's still pretty hard when its your first attempt against him.

Every boss in every game is hard your first attempt, you have no clue of their attack pattern, moves, strength, or hp.

What is even worse is I wasn't exaggerating that. If you don't have retaliating slash for sephiroth on proud mode, you don't come down once up in the air.

Not every boss is hard on your first attempt.

I beat the Hunter on PoP with relative ease, and that was the first PoP game I really played.

Alot of Final Fantasy early bosses are as easy as mashing attack and casting cure a couple times, or using potions. I'll agree if you say that its when you really start to progress in a game.

Infact, the only game where I'll say an early boss can be hard (from what I've played) is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It relys heavily on your party and its weaknesses. Matador anyone?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Not every boss is hard on your first attempt.

I beat the Hunter on PoP with relative ease, and that was the first PoP game I really played.

Alot of Final Fantasy early bosses are as easy as mashing attack and casting cure a couple times, or using potions. I'll agree if you say that its when you really start to progress in a game.

Infact, the only game where I'll say an early boss can be hard (from what I've played) is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It relys heavily on your party and its weaknesses. Matador anyone?

Yes I should have rephrased it that it's when you get a little into the story.

Getting killed by red barrels in COD5 campaign. Who put those damn things there o.O

Oh well, it taught to me to waste some ammo on red barrels before I get near them.

Also, that sniper mission where you have to fight that other sniper. The first time I did it was on regular, where it was relatively easy, he gave me enough time to give me a clear shot. Then when I started redoing the campaign on Hardened, I thought it wouldn't be much harder. I was wrong. The guy would pop up for one sec and be able to headshot you after that second. It took me way too long to kill him.

My friend bought a ps2 game, like a medal of honor or something a few years ago. we threw it in and...well....on the first level the ground was invisible. After walking a few steps you would fall thru the map and keep falling. forever. Eventually we got by it....somehow.

Robin hood x1 - D left half x1 - Karils coif x1

Sara plate x1 - D legs x1 - Black mask x2

Zammy plate x1 - Torags hammers x1 - granite maul x1

Red mystic top x2 - Red mystic bottom x 6 -

P51mustang23.png

p51mustang23.png

Lol I trianed on the big rock one in 1 and then went at Sephrioth at level 99 :lol: He was really easy in 1.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

[hide=]

Lol I trianed on the big rock one in 1 and then went at Sephrioth at level 99 :lol: He was really easy in 1.

[/hide]I still had to heal, a lot. It still took me quite a few tried to beat kh1 sephiroth. KH2 sephiroth on the other hand, make two runs at him. With the abilities I mentioned, and without. One is significantly easier than the other.

Gears of War (the first), Act 4. At the end of it, you have to fight your way through to your exit vehicle. The problem? You have about 30 seconds to do it, and there's a ton of locust and at least 2 boomers. Not fun. So you basically have to just run through while being shot at by guys with rocket launchers.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

This video comes from a game called Mushihimesama and I just have one thing to say:

[yt]sQZuidKexBQ[/yt]

Does this look completely impossible to you WITHOUT dieing!?

This sorta reminds me of that near impossible game called Ikaruga. Except it's 50% less impossible than this.

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

This video comes from a game called Mushihimesama and I just have one thing to say:

[yt]sQZuidKexBQ[/yt]

This sorta reminds me of that near impossible game called Ikaruga. Except it's 50% less impossible than this.

Ikaruga is [bleep]ing easy, go try Touhou on any difficulty higher than easy.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Ikaruga is [bleep] easy, go try Touhou on any difficulty higher than easy.

I'm talking about without dieing once.

Ikaruga is [bleep] easy, go try Touhou on any difficulty higher than easy.

I'm talking about without dieing once.

It's not impossible, some guy on youtube cleared it without dying.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.