The biggest "Screw you" moment in a game

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

the meteor destruction part in Dead Space.

Try doing it without falling below 50%. Hard, but it feels pretty great when you finally do it. I just don't lnow why it feels so clunky at that part. It's like the bad vehicle sections on Mass Effect or some other game with bad vehicle sections.

Just figuring out that you had to go on the outside of the meteor was hard, but like you said, when we (I had a friend over) finally figured it out, it felt like a major accomplishment. Also, when we were in space (standing on the meteor) and the monsters start popping up, I said "What are you doing out here!?" and we had a good laugh.

Another moment: Any time (in Dead Space) that you have a slow-firing gun and you get tripped by a tentacle out of the wall...

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try doing it without falling below 50%. Hard, but it feels pretty great when you finally do it. I just don't lnow why it feels so clunky at that part. It's like the bad vehicle sections on Mass Effect or some other game with bad vehicle sections.

Just figuring out that you had to go on the outside of the meteor was hard, but like you said, when we (I had a friend over) finally figured it out, it felt like a major accomplishment. Also, when we were in space (standing on the meteor) and the monsters start popping up, I said "What are you doing out here!?" and we had a good laugh.

Another moment: Any time (in Dead Space) that you have a slow-firing gun and you get tripped by a tentacle out of the wall...

Oh, I thought you meant with the ADS cannon. :lol: But yea, that part was a pain, too.

And just switch to the plasma cutter then. It should always be with you anyway.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Halo Combat Evolved: The Library,

"Wait, There's More"

(Or something like that)

Ha, that level was probably the easiest legendary level (except for those parts that said "wait here for the monitor to return," where he'd lock you in some small room and then a ton of flood would kill you).

jjroxlu7.jpg

In any given Pokemon game, where you raise only your starter Pokemon and it gets KOed at the Elite Four only to have a level 11 Pidgey, Level 7 Caterpie and a level 23 Geodude in your backpack.

:wall:

Rotfl yes......yet that's mostly your fault ;)

I've been getting really frustrated with Crisis Core for PSP lately. The bosses can one hit you WAY to easily.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Mario Kart for the Wii. You're driving in first place for most of the race, approaching the finish line on your final lap and are way ahead of the pack. Suddenly, as you're turning a corner, a blue shell blows you into the air. After you slowly accelerate to regular speed, a stray red shell catches up with you, stopping you again. You begin to accelerate once more, then a second place supersized cart squishes you flat. You return to regular size, only to have someone with a star run into you, blasting you off of the level. Twenty seconds later, right as you're placed back onto the track, you get railed by the former last placed bullet bill. This sums up half of the out of control races in mario kart. :)

The same happens to me in Mario Kart DS. However I've played 12 Wi-Fi matches and although this has happened in each and every match, I won them all. So my win percent is still 100% for Wi-Fi matches. Except for local Wi-Fi matches, where my losing% is 100 (only two games though).

In Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese version, or the Lost Levels) I always need about 30 mins to get from level 8-1 to 8-4. I always have just one life left, and I always lose it at the first jump. That game is made by Satan.

I tried to complete Ratchet & Clank 2 with no weapons except the Wrench. I played for a few hours and got to Siberius. Then I fought that boss on the truck for about 20 minutes (you only need to get him to like 2/3 health), as the Wrench does so low damage that it requires 2-3 hits to be visible on the health bar. You also need to crouch and throw the Wrench everytime. Well, I did that part... only to find out that it's the last possible part. After that, you have to fight the same guy again and kill him, but he floats so faraway this time that there's no way to even hit him. Well, it was a fun challenge though.

Oh, I thought you meant with the ADS cannon. :lol: But yea, that part was a pain, too.

And just switch to the plasma cutter then. It should always be with you anyway.

I actually haven't played it in a while, but I seem to remember the tentacle initiating a cutscene and after it grabs you, you can't switch weapons...

Maybe you can switch weapons but I didn't know how for like the first half of the game except for going to your inventory. I guess that's my fault though... :C

2dgucz6.png

It's the D-Pad. Default for Plasma Cutter is up, I think. I remember my first tentacle encounter. I had no clue what to do and didn't even see the big yellow spot, and was just randomly mashing the buttons and triggers, thinking the right combo would have me crawling away eventually breaking its grasp. I died twice before realizing I could target :lol:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

God Of War: in the hades level on those spinning [bleep]ed towers that you need to climb, spending an hour trying to climb it and finally getting to the top then realizing that there is another tower

Final Fantasy X: Yunalesca...

Call Of Duty 5: 'Hard Landing' Veteran, at the end part where you have to defend the base from a bunch of tanks while theres 100 people shooting at you, i seriously need help with this one

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

The only one I can remember is that blue machine boss in Final Fantasy VIII way back when I first played it. I remember doing just fine throughout the entire game then I get to this boss and for some reason it's impossible. For those of you how don't know what I'm talking about let me refresh your memory.

bgh251f2-1.jpg

Zaataar.png

God Of War: in the hades level on those spinning [bleep]ed towers that you need to climb, spending an hour trying to climb it and finally getting to the top then realizing that there is another tower

That was pissed me off soooooooooooo bad...it took for friggin ever to figure out the pattern, and then I'm like, thank god that oooo....ooo [bleep]!

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Was playing resident evil remake, trying to finish it in one sitting, almost at the end, i go through a door, and theres a hunter, and it beheads me. -.-

no continues in that game, had to start over.

edit: after i went trough the door, it was a narrow hall, and i was about halfway down when the hunter popped up, so i had no chance to get away.

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

That was pissed me off soooooooooooo bad...it took for friggin ever to figure out the pattern, and then I'm like, thank god that oooo....ooo [bleep]!

Lol i broke my 2nd Dualshock 2 controller becuase of that part (1st one was b/c of [hide=]Riku possessed by Ansem in Hallow Bastion[/hide]on Expert Low Lv on kingdom hearts)

Mine:

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of memories (FINAL BOSS SPOILERS!)

[hide=]So im fighting the final boss. I beat this game on the GBA and the final boss had two forms. On the ps2 i beat the 2nd form, and felt AWESOME. All of a sudden a THIRD FORM!!!

So im fighting him, and he gets of one of cheapest sleights first then scatters my deck. I almost pooped bricks.[/hide]

Sig

The only one I can remember is that blue machine boss in Final Fantasy VIII way back when I first played it. I remember doing just fine throughout the entire game then I get to this boss and for some reason it's impossible. For those of you how don't know what I'm talking about let me refresh your memory.

bgh251f2-1.jpg

Really? I found it pretty easy.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Armored Core For Answer: Defeating White Glint (and some of the other NEXTs).

They move so fast that you can't even turn around or dodge them, and they themselves can dodge most weaponry easily. Also take into consideration the amount of obstacles at the Line Ark stage and the fact that somehow, White Glint never, ever runs out of flight/boost energy, it makes it extremely taxing. The only way I've found that you can win these fights is to get extremely lucky with large explosives.

2dgucz6.png

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

[hide=]The part where you go into the city and there are snipers and other baddies on the rooftops waiting for someone to empty their clip in. I had like 13 ammo left when I was like halfway, almost all enemies were paired, I could kill one of the two, pick up the gun and get either the other ones clip emptied in me, or I kill the other one and get sniped. How anyone can clear that I still don't know..[/hide]

:wall:

Headshotcatcher.png

Mario Kart for the Wii. You're driving in first place for most of the race, approaching the finish line on your final lap and are way ahead of the pack. Suddenly, as you're turning a corner, a blue shell blows you into the air. After you slowly accelerate to regular speed, a stray red shell catches up with you, stopping you again. You begin to accelerate once more, then a second place supersized cart squishes you flat. You return to regular size, only to have someone with a star run into you, blasting you off of the level. Twenty seconds later, right as you're placed back onto the track, you get railed by the former last placed bullet bill. This sums up half of the out of control races in mario kart. :)

Exactly -.-

But when you explain that to people its like " Oh no your just a cruddy driver!"

Also to the FFX post, all the boss fights are like that...they have insanely powerfull moves that hit eveyone for a ko...Either that or you have some fat slow person as your only option left * looks at wakka *

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Armored Core 2: Another Age. there's one mission where they send you, alone, against 3, count 'em, 3 ACs, at once. No allies, no one-on-one, just 3v1 in a big, flat desert. 1 is tough, 2 is really hard, but 3 is insane. It took me ages to beat that mission.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Final Fantasy X, Evrae, you beat him, you see the scene afterwards and bang! black screen, you wait for 20 minutes, nothing happens. You finally give up, you take out the disk and notice that the disk is [bleep]ed. :shock: :wall:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Back when I used to play WoW and Karazhan was still a semi-difficult raid dungeon. We did Nightbane (last boss) probably 20 times or something, and the leather chest for my rogue never dropped. Then I went away for one week, and that was the one and only time it ever dropped for us. Oh yeah, and the druid took it.

I just beat HL2: EP2... Yeah that gets my vote.

Best post.

2009rb9.jpg

Final Fantasy X, Evrae, you beat him, you see the scene afterwards and bang! black screen, you wait for 20 minutes, nothing happens. You finally give up, you take out the disk and notice that the disk is [bleep]ed. :shock: :wall:

Evrae was easy compared to Yunalesca and BFA.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

That was what happened on my legend of dragoon game, just it was the water dragon.

Sworddude I think you're forgetting seymour flux, possibly one of the hardest fights in that game. I didn't find yunalesca that hard after I learned her moves.

which one was seymour flux, was that the mt gagazet one, i got pwned the first try then spent like 4 hours training everyone

The bevelle seymour was ez, just use Yuna to cast those elemental protecton spells

was evrea that dragon you fight on the airship, that only took me 2 shots but it went for ages

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

I was playing GUN last night (good game) and after five hours of continuous play, beating all the hunter missions, half the bounties, more than a third of the story, half of the frontiersman missions, and most of the sheriff and poker, and poney express missions, I played a poker game, lost and it froze! I never saved...

At least I had a normal play through save instead of a speed run...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg