The biggest "Screw you" moment in a game

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Mario Kart for the Wii. You're driving in first place for most of the race, approaching the finish line on your final lap and are way ahead of the pack. Suddenly, as you're turning a corner, a blue shell blows you into the air. After you slowly accelerate to regular speed, a stray red shell catches up with you, stopping you again. You begin to accelerate once more, then a second place supersized cart squishes you flat. You return to regular size, only to have someone with a star run into you, blasting you off of the level. Twenty seconds later, right as you're placed back onto the track, you get railed by the former last placed bullet bill. This sums up half of the out of control races in mario kart. :)

Exactly -.-

But when you explain that to people its like " Oh no your just a cruddy driver!"

Hm... Whenever I play that game, someone rings the Police thinking that a big fight has broken out in my house...

Well, not really, but I hate it, but I hate it, but I hate it, but I hate it, but I hate it, but I hate it, but I hate it! multiplied by 9^10000^1000

Biggest screwover I have ever felt in videogaming.

Here are some unsaid screw you moments I could think up - mind you, I didn't get angry at them.... Yet.

- Urban Terror (open source fps): I'm doing some sort of jumping course for the heck of it and it glitches up and what's that? I die, after completing about 10 or so really difficult jumps that took 10 tries each!

- Transport Tycoon Deluxe: It was my first time playing and I decided to mess around. I build a one square island costing me 60,000 credits!!! I could never recover from that with my poor finance skills.

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probally Evare from FFX. I get owned, I go back and train for a while. I try again, and I get owned again. Train some more... get owned some more. :wall:

As for Seymour Flux... he did wipe me the first time, but then I did what I usually do when I can't beat a boss; I filled all of Yuna's summons' overdrives and destroyed him. Which is why Evare is a screw you moment, because you don't HAVE Yuna. :wall:

There was also one time when I was playing Zombie Survival in Garry's Mod and I was owning the zombies, and I get killed... 5 freaking seconds before the game ends. Godamnit, the zombies always win. -.-

Final Fantasy X, Evrae, you beat him, you see the scene afterwards and bang! black screen, you wait for 20 minutes, nothing happens. You finally give up, you take out the disk and notice that the disk is [bleep]ed. :shock: :wall:

That was what happened on my legend of dragoon game, just it was the water dragon.

Sworddude I think you're forgetting seymour flux, possibly one of the hardest fights in that game. I didn't find yunalesca that hard after I learned her moves.

Yeah, he was pretty hard.

Yunalesca does require you to know how though. And once you get it right, she is easier than Flux.

Anyway, Flux is pretty easy since you can actually use Bio on him.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Both of the top ones are in COD4, and both involve helicopters on Veteran.

Just at the end of Warpig, you're supposed to get evacuated by the chopper. I forgot that, and ran blindly to the objective location and I was standing directly over it and wondering "Where's my objective?", at which point the heli landed ON me and killed me.

The second one was on the mission after "One Shot One Kill" where you have to escape down the hill to reach the evac point. I rush down the hill, and hide in the petrol station at the bottom till the heli arrived. When it did, I was like "I R SAVED!" and I rushed forward to it as it landed with the ever respawning shooting at me. The doors opened just as my screen was turning red and I sprinted in....... only to be pushed out by the people already inside to my death.

Air_Dragon15.png

The ending of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7.

[hide=='(]Zack gets wtfpwnt by the ShinRa guys. I haven't played FF7, so I didn't know. :cry:[/hide]

[hide=Spoiler]Zack is dead in Final Fantasy VII, and Advent Children, though we see his spirit alongside Aeris' spirit in the latter.[/hide]

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Earlier I was playing Call Of Duty 4. It was the last bit on Hunted on veteran which I find impossible, I hide under a table and shoot guys every now and then, When all of them outside are dead its either the helicopter which kills me in less than a second or the guys in the house where I have to go to get the RPG to destroy the helicopter. I'll try again tommorow... but in my opinion its just messed up. :/

Argh. Mercenaries 2, I couldn't hijack a helicopter.

So I put in cheats and nuked the [cabbage] out of an entire city for two and a half hours :3

siggied! \'

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Argh. Mercenaries 2, I couldn't hijack a helicopter.

So I put in cheats and nuked the [cabbage] out of an entire city for two and a half hours :3

siggied! \'

That game is so damn impossible to play, i'm not suprised he did that.

Another Moment - SOCOM 1, the levels are impossible to play, it's too damn dark! 4th mission, I can't complete it, just because of the darkness, I feel sorry for anyone who's afraid of the dark and they play this game. :lol:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Was playing GH:WT at a friends place, I went on medium, was fun getting lot's of 98 and 99% ::' Then we played Scream Aim Fire...

(Note: I couldn't pic 1 emote for it so it is a combo of these) :shock: :o :ohnoes:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

JAVANOID. I play all the time during marketing class. And the ball can get stuck sometimes.. it's a bummer.

I always hated when the ball got stuck. One game I was on my third time through the game (I think there are 12 levels? So I was on about level 26-27) with 6 extra balls and it got stuck.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Gears of War 2, in submission right as im about to score the Meatflag, I get my head blown into next week... The last one for my achievement too.. took me 3 weeks to get that last one

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

System Shock 2, when SHODAN goes against you, great villain.

Yunalesca from FFX was great, fighting her second form, killing it, then going to the third and using Mega Death, causing a Game Over. Only way to survive it is to have zombie status.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

A New Life level of Hitman:Blood Money.I get my W2000 out and snipe the guys at the pool,including the wife.Then I get my bodyguard suit and go get the objective from the wife's body only to see her in a body bag being dragged away.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

New one:

Last fight against Raven King on Heavenly Sword, you get him to the point where you need one last hit.

And then you die.

That is incredibly annoying. What I didn't like was the rest of the game being easy, then that boss is real hard. Other than that, one of the best games I ever played.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.