Dragon Claws - The savior or bane of PVP?

Unknown_Warrior

However, it's just another thing to chalk up to Runescape's failing combat system. Weapons are getting more and more powerful while players aren't. It'll only get worse and worse until Jagex increase the cap or alter the combat system altogether.

Pretty much this.

It doesn't matter that weapons are inaccurate and will oftentimes fail to hit even half their max; what does matter is that some weapons (ags, d claws, and d bow) can take about 75% of your hp at the maximum hp. That's frightening. Honestly, who cares about these new armors; the only thing armor and defence can do is reduce the accuracy of these weapons. These weapons are still capable of doing exorbitantly high amounts of damage. These special attacks, coupled with ice blitz, can easily kill even the strongest of warriors ignoring the bonuses of their mighty armor and super defence potion(if they don't brew) and if they fail to do that, you've got another special.

Dragon claws are like 5m ge price and 60m street price and if im paying that kind of money I better be getting a damn good weapon. Now if the Dragon claws were a 100k weapon then we would have a problem. These, to pvp, are just another GOOD weapon along side the Dark bow and AGS. Although it may be a good weapon it is still pretty hard to 2 hit someone even if maxed out so I dont really see the problem.

And no it shouldnt be nerf'd because there is nothing wrong with it.

d6e4cdbc5e.png

I'd be much more afraid of someone with a DDS and a rune defender at 99 attack and strength then I would be of dragon claws at the same stats. #-o

Coming from someone who has played on and off since 2002, this game has become much too easy.

I remember when the best weapon in the game was a dragon longsword, and if you had a power ammy in F2P you were a God. Cooking salmon one by one and burning them all..

I wish it was hard like that again :|

"To all you youngsters reading this, if you are under 25 STOP PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. Life is to short and you are only that young once. Trust me when i say this, take advantage of the girls now. Once they are 25+ and have been around a few times they arnt dumb anymore, the fun is all over."

--BAHAHAHAHAHAH.

I'd be much more afraid of someone with a DDS and a rune defender at 99 attack and strength then I would be of dragon claws at the same stats. #-o

Coming from someone who has played on and off since 2002, this game has become much too easy.

I remember when the best weapon in the game was a dragon longsword, and if you had a power ammy in F2P you were a God. Cooking salmon one by one and burning them all..

I wish it was hard like that again :|

I have a screenie from when I got my first r2h :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I was in a mith large helmet, adamant platebody and mithril platelegs hehe. Every time I got the money i'd upgrade up one type of armor. I didn't know it wasn't cost effective because i was having so much fun.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

yea i agree that p2p is failing in pvp and bounty hunter....

if u managed to look in at bounty on memebers every1 is a ranger .. risk nothing gain all.....

now take a look at f2p .... every1 wears rune every1 risks rune its fair .... the hits arnt huge nor do they need to be.... jagex u had the game perfect at rsc pkin.... the combat style was perfect 3hits v4 u could eat....

you tried to improve on perfection jagex.... uve blown it now and u cant turn it around till u make another stupid weapon and cause your own demise of runescape....

point the finger at andrew and paul gower

craziness, thats like instant ko, my friend's 60 atk 87 str.... does that mean he can 1 hit any one his level? (he's like 67 or so)

Quite likely.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

imo, the claws are WAY overhyped. sure, they have power, but they have a BIG accuracy problem. It comes down to luck, as allways. i got a chance to borrow some, and i was fighting my freind with them. we have stats in the same "weight class" (90+) and he could easly beat me with dds+ rune defender in no armor fights. he also beat me WITH armor too (we both used whip and similar armor.) i would love to have some, sure, but the prces are rediculous.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Claws are overhyped. At first, they were overpowered -- everyone dclawed with almost 100% accuracy, 2 hitting almost everyone. They've been nerfed once already, having a lot less accuracy -- thank god.

I got to try dclaws in pvp -- they are pretty good but they aren't that accurate. When they hit, they're good though. Its like an ags, but ags has more use. Ags can really be used as a primary weapon too, and it can be used to ko even without the spec. Dclaws can't do that. Ags also has the +8 prayer... and it has more accuracy.

At least the claws accuracy isn't as good as the accuracy that it was on day 1 -- god, that was terrible. 2 specced people everywhere you looked. I don't see them rising above 15 or 20m.

If you're paying attention, it is REALLY easy to detect anyways. I mean, if you see 2 hits pop up instantly, without anything flying at you, you're getting attacked by melee. I don't die to claws unless pjed or something usually. Rushers just fail.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

And that's why F2P pking is better :thumbup:

+1

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I'm not much of a quester myself, having only 212 qp, but are these demons that drop them safe-spotable?

The 3 d claw drops the thread maker has in his sig show him with a drag hally...

Using cover eliminates their Melee attacks. They still have Magic and Ranged to kill you with, and those are a lot more dangerous than their Melee.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]