Adamant is NOT better than Torso

The_dmt1234

Another tip if anyone's interested:

Godswords are better than bronze daggers... I'll post some evidence later, but I'm quite sure on this one.

Nope. If you are being really efficient you should use the bronze daggers, cause like it takes time to get godsword. Bronze daggers are obviously better.

I lold :lol: <3:

1288581197250-1.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godswords are better than bronze daggers... I'll post some evidence later, but I'm quite sure on this one.

Nope. If you are being really efficient you should use the bronze daggers, cause like it takes time to get godsword. Bronze daggers are obviously better.

The expierience you'd get from a Godsword over a bronze dagger far outweighs the time it takes to get one. And the Whip is better than the Godsword for training. kthxbai.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

The expierience you'd get from a Godsword over a bronze dagger far outweighs the time it takes to get one. And the Whip is better than the Godsword for training. kthxbai.

.................................... you fail at detecting sarcasim. :wall:

on topic, torso is pretty good. it has good str bonus, and decent defense, since MOST pvp'ers use a slashing weapon. and as for "prossy top is better for 10% prays" argument, i say that costs money. this is free <3:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

.................................... you fail at detecting sarcasim. :wall:

on topic, torso is pretty good. it has good str bonus, and decent defense, since MOST pvp'ers use a slashing weapon. and as for "prossy top is better for 10% prays" argument, i say that costs money. this is free <3:

It was more of an attack on your ignorance. I'm by no means an efficient player, but I know it's the best way to do things.

Fighters Torso IS NOT free. Okay, 6-10 hours of work. Lets say 8 for the sake of it. 8 hours at a decent 450k an hour. That's attainable at decent levels. That is 3.6m. The fighter's torso costs 3.6m at decent levels, and more for high levels. +4 strength will increase your exp per hour by almost nothing. With that 3.6m you could buy 450 prayer pots. I use about 5 prayer pots per hour at most using the +10% prayer at all times with a +22 prayer bonus(Proselyte top and bottom) That is 90 hours of training at a MUCH faster pace than a fighter torso would provide in almost any timespan.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Do you even know WHY compfreak (and me) came to this? (Fine him :cry: )

TIME TIME TIME TIME TIME TIME TIME TIME!!!!!!!!!!

The time it takes to obtain it is far too long, and if you add all the costs, time, etc, it becomes approximately as good as an adamant.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

your skewing your numbers to make your point. you can get torso in 4 hrs if you know what you doing. and not everyone spend every breathing moment making money. also, some people enjoy the minigame. dont look at the game thu the eyes of effciency. it becomes more of a job than a game at that point :? also, your argument assumes that the person would use the best money making method... this isnt allways true for lower levels, who may not know about said method.

also, you kind of come off as a pompous jack A.

Edit: i meant free cashwise.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

um how do you make 450k an hour? althought i have 73m i can't make 450k an hour...not including killing monsters and i think the average player would make at the most 200k an hour if the stuck at it...i struggle to make 100k an hour on my level 71

]ac_s_dc.png

your skewing your numbers to make your point. you can get torso in 4 hrs if you know what you doing. and not everyone spend every breathing moment making money. also, some people enjoy the minigame. dont look at the game thu the eyes of effciency. it becomes more of a job than a game at that point :? also, your argument assumes that the person would use the best money making method... this isnt allways true for lower levels, who may not know about said method.

also, you kind of come off as a pompous jack A.

few things.

If you enjoy something, and only if you enjoy it, that makes it invaluable. Hell, get a Torso if you like doing it, I don't argue that. If you play this game that way(and I do too), then getting a Torso is great. But factually, an Addy Chain is better.

And that's just Avianese last I checked. Might be a bit less. But 400k an hour isn't that huge, far from the best. Even if that's not what Avainese makes, I've come across other moneymaking around there. Even at 200k an hour, it's still too much for a torso.

I'd also like to see you get a Torso in four hours.

And for that last part, yeah this argument usually comes off that way. Sorry. :lol:

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

The Adamant Chain is better than a Fighters Torso. The 6 hours(and it usually takes around 10) it takes to get the Torso would've gotten a LOT more exp than a measly +4 strength would've saved. 6 hours at a 100k expierience average would be 600k exp. You can't tell me that +4 strength would equal to 600k more exp than usual. Personally, I can't wait until Compfreak gets a hold of this thread.

[hide=]Please don't say I worship the guy and side with him all the time. Personally, I hate his attitude and if this were real life, I'd stay away from him. But the guy is one of the smartest I've ever seen, and he opened my eyes to the world of efficiency.[/hide]

(THROTTLE THROTTLE THROTTLE THROTTLE)

Yeah, I suppose that's the attitude you refer to :P

Anyway, rather then let this thread slowly fall into barely noticed arguments, I've created my own thread to deal with it:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=778280

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The Adamant Chain is better than a Fighters Torso. The 6 hours(and it usually takes around 10) it takes to get the Torso would've gotten a LOT more exp than a measly +4 strength would've saved. 6 hours at a 100k expierience average would be 600k exp. You can't tell me that +4 strength would equal to 600k more exp than usual. Personally, I can't wait until Compfreak gets a hold of this thread.

[hide=]Please don't say I worship the guy and side with him all the time. Personally, I hate his attitude and if this were real life, I'd stay away from him. But the guy is one of the smartest I've ever seen, and he opened my eyes to the world of efficiency.[/hide]

Anyway, rather then let this thread slowly fall into barely noticed arguments, I've created my own thread to deal with it:

Not sure if a portion of that thread was an insult to me. Probably wasn't but I think it was. And from a completely un-biased view, that looks like Thread hijacking in a different way. :o

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Not sure if a portion of that thread was an insult to me. Probably wasn't but I think it was. And from a completely un-biased view, that looks like Thread hijacking in a different way. :o

The exact opposite, actually :?

I'm cold, precise and arrogant when arguing. I'm nice, friendly, and personable when not. Problem is, I mostly come on these forums to debate, I'm quite different in game :cry:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Ah allright then, it's late, I can barely keep up. :-# Well that's great then. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

But you also forgot to factor in the time of having to get level 70 attack for a whip and 75 for a Godsword :P

So clearly a bronze dagger is more efficient because you can use it at level 3, right? right???

Anyways, according to the tipit calculator:

http://tip.it/runescape/?page=max_hit_calc.htm

Unless its formula is wrong, putting a fighter torso on and taking it off shows the exact same max hit. Soo.. if that is correct a torso doesn't actually even raise your max hit at all?

Either way, Rune > Torso.

Whats better, hitting 40 instead of 39 or having more defense to make your opponent miss and hit 0 instead of a 39? Defense is <3.

dawnsigblue-3.png

But you also forgot to factor in the time of having to get level 70 attack for a whip and 75 for a Godsword :P

So clearly a bronze dagger is more efficient because you can use it at level 3, right? right???

Anyways, according to the tipit calculator:

http://tip.it/runescape/?page=max_hit_calc.htm

Unless its formula is wrong, putting a fighter torso on and taking it off shows the exact same max hit. Soo.. if that is correct a torso doesn't actually even raise your max hit at all?

Either way, Rune > Torso.

Whats better, hitting 40 instead of 39 or having more defense to make your opponent miss and hit 0 instead of a 39? Defense is <3.

If you really were training with a bronze dagger, I'm sure the attack levels would be a byproduct, but I think that was more of a fun comment than anything. :)

And the Fighter Torso does raise your max hit at certain levels and in certain situations. I belive the str needed for a new max is +6/+7(it varies) and for +2 to your max it's +11 str needed. If the Fighter Torso puts you over that hump, then it does raise your max. Still pretty innefficient though.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

yeah, that is the only downside if you have a bad team or don't know how to do it. but it's worth the +4 str bonus unless you make 1m an hour to get bandos

or you spend less than you make an hour...

its called saving :wall:

Y_Z.png

yeah, that is the only downside if you have a bad team or don't know how to do it. but it's worth the +4 str bonus unless you make 1m an hour to get bandos

Actually, you have to make roughly 60k an hour to make it worthless. Most 100+ people I know that get torso can make a hair more then this :|

DeviledEgg24.png

ok well um people are saying it doesnt raise your max hit. lets say it was on every 6 that it rose your max hit..your str bonus is 63...and you're wearing addy chain you put on torso it goes to 67 11.1~ damages max sense? not alone but in conjunction with other +str and since there is only 2 str bonus torso items its pretty valuable. look at zerk ring 2m the only str bonus ring

]ac_s_dc.png

ok well um people are saying it doesnt raise your max hit. lets say it was on every 6 that it rose your max hit..your str bonus is 63...and you're wearing addy chain you put on torso it goes to 67 11.1~ damages max sense? not alone but in conjunction with other +str and since there is only 2 str bonus torso items its pretty valuable. look at zerk ring 2m the only str bonus ring

Maybe the reason why it costs 2m is because it's the only other str ring?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

The zerker ring is resellable. You cannot regain the time you spent getting the torso. This argument is not about stats, it is about time, and how it is used.

Wow coulda swore i just posted.... dang it for similar titles.. :ohnoes:

Anyway, as i said in the other thread, my torsos are invaluable to me, i can't do without them. It's part of my main slayer gear, and part of my gear for just about everything else, even GWD.

K3nny12 - owner of 2 torsos.

X_kaylin_X.png

Anyway, as i said in the other thread, my torsos are invaluable to me, i can't do without them. It's part of my main slayer gear, and part of my gear for just about everything else, even GWD.

Why on earth would you use a torso in the GWD? I can understand wanting to hit higher, but the defence bonuses of verac's or torag's top far, far outweigh the tiny strength boost. It staggers me that someone at your level would make such a terrible choice in armour :shock:

Why on earth would you use a torso in the GWD? I can understand wanting to hit higher, but the defence bonuses of verac's or torag's top far, far outweigh the tiny strength boost. It staggers me that someone at your level would make such a terrible choice in armour :shock:

That'd be awesome suggestions if i actually liked barrows armour. I hate veracs and torags. As for the extra defence i 'loose' by choosing a torso, it's made up by the fact im high enough summoning to summon a unicorn. It can easily handle and extra damage i take due to my torso.

X_kaylin_X.png

If you chose to wear bad armor over good armor, that's your choice. No one's gonna force you to wear what's considered to be standard armor. I wouldn't want you in my team at GWD though. Any other armor would make you have to heal less ( teammates wouldn't have to give you food to compensate) and that is a plus for any serious GWD team.

As for slayer, I'm a bit biased on this, I found barrows armor to be overkill at 99 def with SGS. Meaning I heal more than I get hit on most monsters, so I "downgraded" to bandos for added str (thus better xp rates) and less def (my SGS heals the added DMG I take and it's still close to overkill). I woulnd't mind trading 20-25 def for an added 3-4 str, att or pray bonus with the gear I use nowadays. It would be a different story if another master slayer were to be added with harder tasks.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563