A new approach to Alchemy

Itsjustagame

It is easy to buy the rings. I don't do buyx. Buy 10 3 times. I can do that easily in under 2.5 seconds. I don't have to press the magic tab button, as the store trade brings you to your inventory, and puts you back at what you were last. No time lost there.

As for time traveling, it is a one time thing. And messups? You can't be serious. I hope you are nto implying that clicking on a ring will cause you to messup more instead of battalestaves, rune maces, or adamant platebodys.

You can right click on the seller, go to the rings, right click, move your mouse to 'buy 10', click, move it back to the ring, repeat X3, close the bank store, switch back to the alch tab, and click to alch the next item in 2.5 seconds? Puh-lease, 2 seconds is "one thousand one, one thousand two, one thou". Count it out in your head and you'll realize how unrealistic it is. Yes, I am implying that moving your mouse to click on every item in your inventory in sequence will cause more messups then clicking twice at any speed in a single spot with the '5' key. Good luck watching a movie (as certain other players claim is possible) while doing that.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is easy to buy the rings. I don't do buyx. Buy 10 3 times. I can do that easily in under 2.5 seconds. I don't have to press the magic tab button, as the store trade brings you to your inventory, and puts you back at what you were last. No time lost there.

As for time traveling, it is a one time thing. And messups? You can't be serious. I hope you are nto implying that clicking on a ring will cause you to messup more instead of battalestaves, rune maces, or adamant platebodys.

You can right click on the seller, go to the rings, right click, move your mouse to 'buy 10', click, move it back to the ring, repeat X3, close the bank store, switch back to the alch tab, and click to alch the next item in 2.5 seconds? Puh-lease, 2 seconds is "one thousand one, one thousand two, one thou". Count it out in your head and you'll realize how unrealistic it is. Yes, I am implying that moving your mouse to click on every item in your inventory in sequence will cause more messups then clicking twice at any speed in a single spot with the '5' key. Good luck watching a movie (as certain other players claim is possible) while doing that.

I am being completely serious. It is eaiser thaen you make it out to be. RIng click seller, into trade, and going back and frth betwee n buy 10 in very easy. And yes, I can do this in under 2.5 seconds.

I don't think walk to the GE, right click clerk, click buy, click the yellow ox, type each letter, click on option, adjust price, move cursor to amount, press +100 key(8x), exit screen, alch.

I won't BS with that. Nevermind the fact that messups are more likely to occur your way.

Now, lets analyze this, so maybe you will understand.

You can right click on the seller-In HD, if you position the camera(no, it doesnt take long) the guy is huge.

Go to the rings-Middle of screen, exact place seller was

Right click, move your mouse to 'buy 10', click, move it back to the ring, repeat X3,-Not hard with mouse keys. Easier than your pressing 5.

Close the bank store, switch back to the alch tab, and click to alch the next item in 2.5 seconds. CLosing hte store is easy. You don't need to switch to magic tab, easy to alch.

SO yes, I can infact do this in under 2.5 seconds. I suggest you count it out, or get a watch or something.

Can you watch a movie? Yes. "Always on top"

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I don't think walk to the GE, right click clerk, click buy, click the yellow ox, type each letter, click on option, adjust price, move cursor to amount, press +100 key(8x), exit screen, alch.

Actually, since you only have to put your order in once for many hours of alching, I would assume I can do it in under 5 minutes (40 X 3), closer to 10 seconds. And believe it or not, it IS easier to not mess up when alching a stack of notes rather then an inventory of 28 items, I'm not sure what the GE orders have to do with it :roll:

You can right click on the seller-In HD, if you position the camera(no, it doesnt take long) the guy is huge.

Right click, move your mouse to 'buy 10', click, move it back to the ring, repeat X3,-Not hard with mouse keys. Easier than your pressing 5.

Close the bank store, switch back to the alch tab, and click to alch the next item in 2.5 seconds. CLosing hte store is easy. You don't need to switch to magic tab, easy to alch.

Interesting how you consider that 'process' easier then pressing 5 once, but choices are choicse. Unfortuantly, mouse keys is STRONGLY not advised for moving and clicking - those up and down arrow keys move the exact same pixel length, far faster then a mouse, and are a huge red flag for autoing; I used a very similar thing for inventory dumping with mouse keys while mining and got 6 blackmarks on another account. Additionally, the switch to mouse -> keyboard -> mouse both take a significant amount of time, and the right click -> buy 10 with the mouse alone take nearly 2 seconds with a lot of practice.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Actually, since you only have to put your order in once for many hours of alching, I would assume I can do it in under 5 minutes (40 X 3), closer to 10 seconds. And believe it or not, it IS easier to not mess up when alching a stack of notes rather then an inventory of 28 items, I'm not sure what the GE orders have to do with it :roll:

Interesting how you consider that 'process' easier then pressing 5 once, but choices are choicse. Unfortuantly, mouse keys is STRONGLY not advised for moving and clicking - those up and down arrow keys move the exact same pixel length, far faster then a mouse, and are a huge red flag for autoing; I used a very similar thing for inventory dumping with mouse keys while mining and got 6 blackmarks on another account. Additionally, the switch to mouse -> keyboard -> mouse both take a significant amount of time, and the right click -> buy 10 with the mouse alone take nearly 2 seconds with a lot of practice.

I never said it is easier than pressing 5. I said the process of buying battlestaves takes both longer and is more complex.

If you have problems with mouse keys, then it is personal. I havn't met anyone else who has, considering Jagex allows it. OFC its probably just you usign it as an excuse.

Now, lets say we use buyx. One click buyx, other hand press a large number twice. Pretty easy.

Still under 1 second.

With mousekeys, you can do in easily in half a second. With buy 10x3, it will take around 1 second.

Owned_Nex.png

I never said it is easier than pressing 5. I said the process of buying battlestaves takes both longer and is more complex.

If you have problems with mouse keys, then it is personal. I havn't met anyone else who has, considering Jagex allows it. OFC its probably just you usign it as an excuse.

Now, lets say we use buyx. One click buyx, other hand press a large number twice. Pretty easy.

Still under 1 second.

With mousekeys, you can do in easily in half a second. With buy 10x3, it will take around 1 second.

Not a chance. Mousekeys have been questionably legal with the '5' key; a key that now automatically jumps and clicks is unquestionably illegal. I've personally experienced it on my 2nd account with mining; I used mousekeys to drop inventorys of iron in a few seconds, and was rewarded with a 1 week ban and 6 blackmarks after a few days.

And I say I can put an order in for 2k battlestaffs faster then you can buy an inventory of rings 80 times. Perhaps we should have a race.

DeviledEgg24.png

Still under 1 second.

Not a chance. Mousekeys have been questionably legal with the '5' key; a key that now automatically jumps and clicks is unquestionably illegal. I've personally experienced it on my 2nd account with mining; I used mousekeys to drop inventorys of iron in a few seconds, and was rewarded with a 1 week ban and 6 blackmarks after a few days.

And I say I can put an order in for 2k battlestaffs faster then you can buy an inventory of rings 80 times. Perhaps we should have a race.

Jagex has affirmed that the use of mousekeys in infact not illegal. Please read the RSOF reguarding that.

And why 80 rings?

Sure, we can have a race, but there would not be a accurate way to do it. Facts should be enough. You really should try it out. Really try. Unbiasedly. Yeah, it does look complicated. Thats what I though. But if you use mousekeys, or even buy-10 x3, it is MUCH faster then you think.

Owned_Nex.png

Because I can put in an order for as many battlsetaffs as I want; you have to wait and buy each one individually. 120 times is 3 hours of alching, I usually buy that many ahead of time. I timed myself, it took 4.5 seconds to order them. So unless you can buy your rings in under 0.0375 seconds (and I'd like to see video proof), don't bother complaining about that.

I searched the RSOF but found no evidence saying that it was OK to 'quick buy\dump' items, and I don't plan on testing it out on my main after getting 6 blackmarks :thumbdown:

DeviledEgg24.png

Forgot to adress this. GE orders have something to do with it. The whole time you have been sayign how it takes to obtain the item.

Do to RSOF

Search "mouse keys" for the topic

It is true you do have to move your mouse around more. But it is easy if you are not AFKing, or macroing.

Owned_Nex.png

Forgot to adress this. GE orders have something to do with it. The whole time you have been sayign how it takes to obtain the item.

Do to RSOF

Search "mouse keys" for the topic

It is true you do have to move your mouse around more. But it is easy if you are not AFKing, or macroing.

Already tried it. Showed up precisely zero threads by a Jagex mod discussing auto dropping. It takes over 2.5 seconds.

DeviledEgg24.png

Search mouse keys. Now, it is hard to get a copy of a J Mod's statement of mousekeys, but lets think about this. If there are guides on mousekeys, advice on mousekeys, and questions about it on the RSOF. Can we deduct that perhapse Jagex doesn't have a problem with that considering they arn't locking and hiding the messages?

With mousekeys, you can easily buy a full invent in .5 to 1 seconds.

Look. This is going nowhere. If you sre too stubborn to even look at the proposed, then there is no point. We can sit here all day argueing about it. If you don't like it, fine. If you don't want to face the facts, fine. I'm not wasting my time.

Owned_Nex.png

Search mouse keys. Now, it is hard to get a copy of a J Mod's statement of mousekeys, but lets think about this. If there are guides on mousekeys, advice on mousekeys, and questions about it on the RSOF. Can we deduct that perhapse Jagex doesn't have a problem with that considering they arn't locking and hiding the messages?

With mousekeys, you can easily buy a full invent in .5 to 1 seconds.

Look. This is going nowhere. If you sre too stubborn to even look at the proposed, then there is no point. We can sit here all day argueing about it. If you don't like it, fine. If you don't want to face the facts, fine. I'm not wasting my time.

Forum mods are not Jagex mods. They don't know every detail of the game; they know no more then us. Jagex mods rarely lock or post on threads; they have better things to do with their time, like banning people using mousekeys *ahem*. I suspect it was because the mousekeys were identical to a then-popular program that mass dumped inventorys in seconds, looking exactly the same as mousekeys did.

DeviledEgg24.png

• 1 month later...

Good guide, seems like a very econonomical way to alch, even if you loose 2 seconds a load. I'll probably end up trying it soon, thanks! ::'

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

I think I would prefer making magic longbows (DIY + buying bow string).

250K woodcutting

9K Runecrafting

5K mining XP

65k magic XP

183K Fletching XP

It took me a while to cut, for the most part, but it was worth it.

512K experience and 1356K profit isn't bad for the time it took me to do it.

If I have some spare time and want magic up fast I'll be willing to try this.

I've heard of it but was not sure how good it was.

I agree with one of the above posts though, profit can be made on almost everything if you make your nats...

Summer's End

While Guthix Sleeps

3 more days until deadline!

what an immense idea :shock: :thumbup:

and at mid price atm thats 14gp loss :o

10/10, original and creative

the sign of a good guide is that if the idea gets nerfed later, we can only wait :roll: :?

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

You have to love passion fuelled rages about Alching XD

Definately a nice idea. I want to level some magic soon-ish but I'm tight on money. I crafted a load of natures and now I know what to alch with them 8-)

10/10 fo 'sho.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• 3 months later...

I have a question for the writer of this guide. If you go to (lets say zammy since this actually happened to me)GWD solo and get a hilt drop and alch it are you making 50k profit or 27m loss(how much I sold for at the time)?

Because based on your arguments earlier you will have to answer the first one.

Also I am wondering if anybody here would be up for a challenge? You each get 1 week of real time to apply your methods and you record how long you spent buying, alching, making runes, etc....

After that week is up you both record how much money you gained/lost and how much magic xp you got and how long it took. I already know which one is going to win because MATH DOESN'T LIE, but maybe a real example will finally prove it to all the people who refuse to look at and accept the math.

Jgard.png

This is a really good guide. I need to get my mage up and i wanted to alch, however have 1 rc and couldn't afford to lose the all the gp from a regular alch... And i did 20k alchs on my old account without needs and i didnt realise you could alch them in notes haha! Great guide!