Not Sailing you noobs, it's Exploration.

Make it less straight forward. I am pretty sure the guy who came up for "exploration" found a way to make it less straightforward than walking around.... exploring. This is part of the updating I mean.

Yes we get assigned Maples and Yews now from slayer masters. (slayer helm gives a bonus log for every log cut).

EDIT: And Sometimes When getting a birds nest a lvl 100 "Momma bird" will come and defend it, be careful......SHE PECKS.

d6e4cdbc5e.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Construction started out as carpentry, that's why they're synonymous. Carpentry was an update KNOWN to be on Jagex's list, and it was renamed to Construction.

There's no proof sailing was ever on the list, and you're arguing theory with saying sailing = exploration that makes you basically infallible. If the skill contains any boat at all, you'll just say "Look, it evolved from sailing!!"

My point was merely directed at the obnoxious group of players who will say, "See! Told you no Sailing!" It would be the same as saying "See! Told you Carpentry wasn't going to be re-released!" While they are technically right, it's still a ridiculous remark to make.

Understood, and I agree, it is stupid.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

http://[Please use quickfind code].com/[Please use quickfind code]?76,77,139,57861125

Lol censored rs forum link

This looks like a really good idea!

Part of my job is to make sure that great suggestions, like this one, are captured and sent on to the game development and content teams.

I will make sure that this idea gets passed on, and you can be assured that it will be given serious consideration.

Of course, not every suggestion we pass on will make it into RuneScape, but there are plenty that have and they all started out the same way as this one being suggested on our forums and then passed on by a Jagex Mod!

So thank you for letting us know about this idea - and keep your suggestions coming!

You never know, your suggestion could end up being used, and it would then be played and enjoyed by millions of RuneScape players every week!

Thanks,

Steve

Heh sounds like Mod Stevew just copy+pasted that.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Maybe a nice suggestion to his suggestion:

Give the ship some inventoryplace, so peoples can put some stuff in their ship, like ores or logs they just collected. Maybe they can even give it a bankpin, it would be nice to go to a island, mine your inventory full for like 20 times and then return back to a normal RS part where you can bank your stuff. 

* I don't think the ship should get a function where you can note some stuff, but just 500 inventoryspaces or something would be nice :D and very close to what happened in the past in the real world. Load your ship full of stuff here and take it with you to a place where you can sell everything for a nice price. The only problem that you get is that you need to bank 2ce, once by bringing the ores/whatever you got to your ship and once from your ship to your bank. Maybe your butler would like to do the last thing for 20K.

Another thing could become that the higher the weight of the ship is the faster your running % will lower.

*Note that I'm not a member, I've never been one and most likely will never become one, I'm just doïng this to help you guys, I will never have the ability to use this skill ;).

Yours deyan2

Note that I'm not a member, neither have I even been and very most likely I won't ever become one either, so would one of you guys please post it to him?

http://orum.runescape.com/p=kKmok3kJqOe ... 25,goto,38

Just press the link and put a F before both "orum" 's in the url ;).

The idea sounds good, but the title could have been better. :thumbdown:

It would be alot of work so if we ever see this, I doubt it will be for a while.

Jagex are really scraping the bottom of the barrel if they make a skill out of exploration.

Why?

Do I really need to elaborate?

That's the point of a discussion: to make your statement clear to everyone. Otherwise it's not really a contribution.

priest_wiz.png

Can someone please paste the original thread in here? I can't get to RSOF atm.

As far as I see it, without reading the thread yet:

Sailing is to Exploring

as

Carpentry is to Construction

Everyone was all over carpentry a while back and wham "construction" came out. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out sooner than we think.

chris_924.png

Your all nuts. Change a few words, give it a different name and tada , sailing = exploration. People hate sailing and love exploration. Lols.

Sailing = sailing the sea's, finding treasures and shoot cannonballs at random directions.

exploration = entering dark caves, forests, deserts, tombs and look for monsters, treasures, hidden paths, bosses, minable rocks, choppable trees, etc.

priest_wiz.png

Your all nuts. Change a few words, give it a different name and tada , sailing = exploration. People hate sailing and love exploration. Lols.

Sailing = sailing the sea's, finding treasures and shoot cannonballs at random directions.

exploration = entering dark caves, forests, deserts, tombs and look for monsters, treasures, hidden paths, bosses, minable rocks, choppable trees, etc.

Sailing was to unlock new lands etc, it's the same [bleep]ing thing once you realise that you'll all go "ahh" and realise your gulable.

X_kaylin_X.png

Sailing was to unlock new lands etc, it's the same [bleep] thing once you realise that you'll all go "ahh" and realise your gulable.

But you don't need to build a lame boat to reach them.

priest_wiz.png

Farming = including animal husbandry, not just some weeds over weeds. :(

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Sailing was to unlock new lands etc, it's the same [bleep] thing once you realise that you'll all go "ahh" and realise your gulable.

Read again.

Level 65 Ability to construct and sail your own ship [note]

With 35 Construction, a simple rowboat can be made. While these are still nice, it uses up your run energy to paddle the boat, and the rowboat and not be used to reach all islands, seeing as how you cannot go through treacherous waters with it.

With 85 Construction, a battleship can be built. [Requires 4000 noted steel bars, 1 dwarf mini-cannon, and 5000 cannonballs]. The battleship can be used to reach any of the islands; given you have a high enough exploration level to get there.

If only your forum name actually meant something.

X_kaylin_X.png

Read again.

Level 65 Ability to construct and sail your own ship [note]

With 35 Construction, a simple rowboat can be made. While these are still nice, it uses up your run energy to paddle the boat, and the rowboat and not be used to reach all islands, seeing as how you cannot go through treacherous waters with it.

With 85 Construction, a battleship can be built. [Requires 4000 noted steel bars, 1 dwarf mini-cannon, and 5000 cannonballs]. The battleship can be used to reach any of the islands; given you have a high enough exploration level to get there.

If only your forum name actually meant something.

So, Exploration is Sailing because you can sail using Exploration? So birds are nests because they live in nests?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.