Final Fantasy Discussion thread

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting patiently for Final Fantasy XIII...I have been trying to play FFX-2 but I don't need to see the people in my RPG's singing karaoke or whatever...it really pains me that all JRPG's having something in them that makes you cringe, another example being the KH2 Atlantis levels. Just what I want to do...not kill stuff and instead star in a musical...fun fun fun!

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I'm getting farther in FF2, I find it kind of boring.

I also found that game absurdly boring. Out of 1-10 and 12, it's the only one I haven't beaten yet, and for that exact reason.

In FF7, I got everyone to 99, have all the limits and equipment, mastered every piece of materia, and beat the Weapons. Emerald Weapon was so hard, even for having a completely maxed party. Now the only thing I need to do to achieve a "perfect" file would be to get everyone's stats to 255... but I'll save that for some other time. :lol:

Now I moved on to FF10. I'm at the desert part where Home gets invaded.

it really pains me that all JRPG's having something in them that makes you cringe

Yeah, namely the jumpy characters like Rikku.

I'm getting farther in FF2, I find it kind of boring.

I also found that game absurdly boring. Out of 1-10 and 12, it's the only one I haven't beaten yet, and for that exact reason.

In FF7, I got everyone to 99, have all the limits and equipment, mastered every piece of materia, and beat the Weapons. Emerald Weapon was so hard, even for having a completely maxed party. Now the only thing I need to do to achieve a "perfect" file would be to get everyone's stats to 255... but I'll save that for some other time. :lol:

Now I moved on to FF10. I'm at the desert part where Home gets invaded.

it really pains me that all JRPG's having something in them that makes you cringe

Yeah, namely the jumpy characters like Rikku.

What Rikku was awesome. Now Lulu she was annoying. Whats scarier is that on my FFX game I have Lulu as my highest affection rating. No clue how that happened actually.

Lulu isn't annoying, the summoner girl is... you can tell they just said all their lines in a booth at once without reading background or anything. "yes" sounds like "yiss"

I still go with lulu was annoying. First of all a goth black magic user, wow I never would've expected that one. Shes got like a skirt made entirely out of belts. The way she leans down for the victory dance just sabotages any characterization they give her. The lines that arn't apathetic are just too happy for the way they tried to portray Lulu. So it's not just her lines that annoy me, but her very character.

I'd like to play FF considering that the games sound interesting. Only problem is I don't have anything that could play Final Fantasy at the moment. All I have is PS2 and PC, but I'll probably be getting a PS3 by Christmas.

1-6 were on (S)NES 7-9 were on PS1 and 10-12 were on PS2, what do you mean you don't have anything that can play them. PS2 can play ps1 games too. and there are ways to get SNES on a computer... :-# -.-

Lulu was quite annoying, and I have never seen anyone wear so many chastity belts.

She wasn't as annoying as Seymour. the damn fool just wouldn't die!! :?

Oh, he did die the first time.

He just remain as an "Unsent".

He died the 3rd time too but sin then absorbed his soul. Like he did with the soldiers in the operation.

Lulu was quite annoying, and I have never seen anyone wear so many chastity belts.

He died the 3rd time too but sin then absorbed his soul. Like he did with the soldiers in the operation.

Wait...you're telling me I have to fight him MORE?!??!?! I can't even kill him the FIRST time! I've gotten him within 3k health after killing his giant summon... :thumbdown:

Paragon.png

Ah, didn't pay attention that time, I thought he just managed to escape before Yuna could send him.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Ah, didn't pay attention that time, I thought he just managed to escape before Yuna could send him.

Well when most fiends die their souls go free and no one worries about them. I assume that's because they go to the farplane. Sin just caught seymours soul on its way. Seymour grew stronger by all the souls sin absorbed. So you may have very well been fighting people like Luzzu or rikku's friend who died infront of home. (forget his name)

So long as he doesn't appear in the Cloister(s) 60-100 in X-2.

Because SOMEONE who WAS sent, managed to find their way in there.

[hide=Spoiler]Sonofa... Lord Jyscal, I swear Yuna sent him back in FFX...[/hide]

Popoto.~<3

Well when most fiends die their souls go free and no one worries about them. I assume that's because they go to the farplane. Sin just caught seymours soul on its way. Seymour grew stronger by all the souls sin absorbed. So you may have very well been fighting people like Luzzu or rikku's friend who died infront of home. (forget his name)

The sending actually sends the pyreflies to the farplane. Essentially, if someone dies and isn't sent, they become a fiend.

However, someone with a purpose (Auron, or Seymour, even that leader of Yevon) can remain sane, and within their original form.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

The sending actually sends the pyreflies to the farplane. Essentially, if someone dies and isn't sent, they become a fiend.

However, someone with a purpose (Auron, or Seymour, even that leader of Yevon) can remain sane, and within their original form.

Well I know that but after sin beat most of the people in the operation it showed them walking around the area you later find it within sin. Then after the party beat seymour on mt gagazet his soul was freed, where sin intercepted it. On his first transformation into a fiend infront of bevellve he absorbed the souls of the nearby guards. I don't see why he can't do it again with all the loose souls floating around sin. Like Luzzu maybe? I think you said reword how you said people with a purpose stay. People with a reason stay, reason and purpose are not the same.

Something interesting I realized were the names Seymour's transformations had.

Natus = Arisen (He is still "alive" and kicking after you killed him.)

Flux = Flow of energy (Killed all the Ronso and possibly took their souls, which are now flowing through him.)

Omnis = All persons (He's in Sin, who has tons of souls inside. Self-explanatory.)

I got everyone's Ultimate Weapons except for Wakka's. I just need to get his stupid Sigil which takes forever. :? After that I still need to get everyone's overdrives and then max out their Sphere Grids with a little help from the Monster Arena.

No clue what you're talking about, sorry. Never played it. At one point in FFX, Lulu tells you "Not to fall in love with (Input summoner's name here.)" Three options:

Don't worry, I won't.

Uh, it's a little late for that...

And, the best of all:

Well, actually, Lulu, you're more my type. :lol:

Paragon.png

So i've been seeing a lot of Dissidia today, I guess it came out over the weekend. My psp battery died durring a firmware update and wouldn't turn back on. *sigh* one of the three games I bought it specifically for.

1. Crisis core

2. KH: Birth by sleep

3. Dissidia

I'll have to settle on other means to play it.

And in FFVII and FFX there is a likability system. It determines who likes you best and affect scenes from the game. That's how I knew Lulu liked me best, I got Lulu instead of Yuna. In FFX whoever throws Tidus the Ball during Blitzace likes him best.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the tactic games already. Finished Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions.

Play advanced. It was a great game. despite the name it's not just a port of the original FFT.