Final Fantasy Discussion thread

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

A question, is it possible for me to get Zodiac Spear if I grabbed the chests, has anyone found any other way to get it apart from the chests, or am I screwed?

Yes, you can get it in Henne Mines (Phase 2) even if you opened those other 4 chests, but there is only a 1/1000 chance. I heard it makes people go crazy.

I'm already crazy, do the two cancel each other out?

No. You will go completely bat [Wagon] insane.

I know I did, and I got it quite early.

Basically, there is a 10% chance for the chest to spawn, and a 10% chance that it will yield said spear.

Make sure you use the diamond armlet.

Doesn't that chest give something different if you wear the diamond armlet?

Spear with armlet, something else without it.

Pretty sure of that.

I'm not an expert so i'll take your word for it.

Just got done killing the classic big green carrot. I'll miss that one. :boohoo:

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, yeah.

I think that mark should have been a chain to be honest.

I mean think about it, theres now a monster living in a city, what if it goes insane again?

Well there was that moogle and the turtle...

But carrot has been a classic, almost as defining to the series as cid, biggs and wedge, the crystals, bahamut, etc.

Got Ultima and beat some more marks today. Now I only have 3 marks to go and I still need to get Zodiark. I think I'm gonna level up to 80+ or so first though. Vaan is level 75 and everyone else is around 65.

Got Ultima and beat some more marks today. Now I only have 3 marks to go and I still need to get Zodiark. I think I'm gonna level up to 80+ or so first though. Vaan is level 75 and everyone else is around 65.

I want to get my last three espers (Chaos, Ultima and Zodiark) and kill my last few marks (the two I have open at the moment are Fafnir and that dude in The Pharos, not Ixion) but I can't find a good training spot, my main team are all 65 and my back-ups are all 46. Where are you training and would it be good for me? :pray: :lol: :thumbsup:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I'm gonna train at Henne Mines with the Abysteel method. The next best place is probably the Great Crystal on your way to Ultima. There are tons of undeads that give like 2k xp per kill.

I've been putting it on the auto train method every night before I went to bed. My characters wondered into another room this time =( I was level 61 when I went to bed (embroidered tippets equipped) and now i'm level 63 so I don't think it was too long after I last checked it. The story is just about to take me to get the treaty blade. My secondary party has maxed out their license boards except the espers I don't have yet.

So I wanna ask who does everyone usually have in their party and who usually leads it?

I usually have Vaan, Fran, and Ashe with Fran leading.

I was browsing gamefaqs for FFXII and saw a class system challenge guide and thought I might do that on my next play of it.

Fran <3

I just have have Vaan, Fran and Balthier with Vaan leading. I can't really experiment with the order because those three are about 10 levels higher than the other three >_< Penelo and Ashe are so weak in mine. Training time I guess...

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Fran <3

I just have have Vaan, Fran and Balthier with Vaan leading. I can't really experiment with the order because those three are about 10 levels higher than the other three >_< Penelo and Ashe are so weak in mine. Training time I guess...

I know what you mean. Fran, Vaan, and ashe are level 65 now. Basch is level 15, penelo and Balthier are level 12. It always ends up like that. My last game not only were my characters massively underleveled through the whole game but they had to die way too often. I ended up beating cid the first time with only a level 12 Fran and a chain of feral strike, I didn't train to get whipkick or shatterheart. Did I mention Cid was still at about 90% hp? After that I did train but it was lucky that worked.

I use Vaan (leader), Ashe, and Basch, probably because it gives me nostalgia of my favorite FFX party (Tidus, Yuna, Auron). But that's just my main party - I still use everyone else, so everyone is at least level 60.

Did anyone notice the letter "A" is overused in this game? :lol:

I use Vaan (leader), Ashe, and Basch, probably because it gives me nostalgia of my favorite FFX party (Tidus, Yuna, Auron). But that's just my main party - I still use everyone else, so everyone is at least level 60.

Did anyone notice the letter "A" is overused in this game? :lol:

I never thought about my main FFX party but I tend to use Tidus/Auron, Yuna, and Rikku. I switched Tidus and Auron quite a bit.

I use Vaan, Basch and Fran.

I have my backup party at around level 75 right now, and I actually used the abysteel method for a lot of my leveling.

Slight confession though, I used Negalmuur for about 10 levels on my main party.

PS, does anybody else feel obliged to say "IMA FIRIN MAH LAZER" Whenever scathe gets used, or is it just me? :?

2Xeo5.png

I only want to say "I'm chargin' meh lazor!!!!!!" when i'm getting ready to use it. About to do my first two marks in the Necrohol of Nabudis. I like to stay away from it so i'm unfamiliar with the map. :thumbdown:

I did a lot of training today. Vaan is level 99 and everyone else is 80+. :mrgreen: I'm gonna go get Zodiark and finish those hunts now.

EDIT: I got Zodiark. It was a lot harder getting to him than fighting him - he was a piece of cake. Those last 3 hunts can wait til tomorrow.

What the hell Zierro... That's insane, how much exp is 99 on FF?

Anyway, I killed some stuff today.. As always, but no levels on my main party. Was exploring Henne Mines, didn't get to Zodiark, they're too strong. :thumbsup:

#rpgformod

It's just about the same as Runescape's 99's. Around 13 mil. I'm pretty worn out from that. I'm kinda in a rush though. I want to go to my friend's house for a week or so but I know that if I don't finish this game it will be bothering me while I'm over there, since I'm a nerd. I have to make it a perfect file too (damn nerdiness :evil: ) so I still need to get every piece of equipment, kill every monster, get every Sky Pirate Den thingy, have everyone maxed out, do the 100 tier race, and finish those marks. I even have a list on Notepad of everything I need to get.

Finished every mark I can currently do besides Gilgamesh, which as luck would have it i'm one level away from being immune to his level spells. So I stopped by the Phon Coast and bought me some fireflys. Gonna train, beat him (make sure I listen to battle on the big bridge, it's a classic FF track and a great one to fight to), get the treaty blade, and i'll take it from there. I fear Vayne won't be much of a challenge by the time I make it to him.

Edit: seriously TIF -.-, that blocked due to abuse are the accessories that make you gain no exp.

Finished every mark I can currently do besides Gilgamesh, which as luck would have it i'm one level away from being immune to his level spells. So I stopped by the Phon Coast and bought me some [blocked due to abuse]. Gonna train, beat him (make sure I listen to battle on the big bridge, it's a classic FF track and a great one to fight to), get the treaty blade, and i'll take it from there. I fear Vayne won't be much of a challenge by the time I make it to him.

Edit: seriously TIF -.-, that blocked due to abuse are the accessories that make you gain no exp.

Vayne is a wuss, he charges up this attack (can't remember what it was called) that sounds powerful, so I'm like.. :ohnoes: he takes out like 1,000 health max spread out over my party and the next hit he's dead. \'

Miiight stop playing RS and try out this 'Abysteel method'. I think I tried it ages ago (and failed) :lol:

#rpgformod

Ive played some Final Fantasy games, so my favorites are...

1.X

2.VII

3.XII

4.IX

5.Tactics Advance.

Number 5, is actually a great FF game in my opinion. Sure it's for the GBA, but the combat system is simple, yet hard to master, and the story is great as well.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Actually FFV is for SNES and then PS port and then GBA. I liked FFV a lot even though most didn't.

Beat my marks. The behemoth king was longer than it should have been with Reddas in my party. Gotta make it through pharos now. I was thinking I would get it done last night, then remembered I haven't started it.

Yes I know Vanye never was that hard to begin with. Though before him i'll want to get the extra espers, finish the marks, get my party fitted with the best equipment, and beat slaughter Vanye.

Ive played some Final Fantasy games, so my favorites are...

1.X

2.VII

3.XII

4.IX

5.Tactics Advance.

Number 5, is actually a great FF game in my opinion. Sure it's for the GBA, but the combat system is simple, yet hard to master, and the story is great as well.

Sounds a lot like my list, except I would add 8.

~~~

I beat every mark except for Yiazmat and also beat Hell Wyrm yesterday. He took forever... kinda scares me to think Yiazmat is going to be over 5 times as long. :?

I'm going around collecting my espers and I need to beat the marks I have available to me after pharos but I haven't got around to it yet. Only Chaos, ultima, and Zodiark left, currently going for Chaos. Got the dragon whisker while going through pharos last night. Equipped it to Fran so now Vaan is the only one without a unique weapon since Ashe has the Masamune (and the Genji equipment). In the meantime Vaan's save the queen will hold him over.

I still need to defeat the shadowseer and the hell wyrm before I face Yiazmat. I shut it down for now though and i'll do it later. Upgraded Vaan to the Ragnarok and got the spells I never went in bought (scathe, ardor, and renew). I plan to finish my marks before I go after my last two espers: Ultima and Zodiark. After that I guess all that's left is to top off my sky pirate den, finish the ingame bestiary, and defeat Vayne in the pathetically easy fight it will be. After that I will either hook up my gamecube and play crystal chronicles or hook up my SNES and play Zelda: Link to the past, that I recently found. And I may fire off a round on my SNES copy of Chrono Trigger <3: