Final Fantasy Discussion thread

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Dr. Cid, best villain of all Final Fantasies. Epic evil laugh and breaks the rules all over the place (first evil Cid) He's the perfect evil guy in my opinion. pwns Sephiroth, anyway.

I have to agree, he was a great villain, though I personally like Genesis better he is certainly number 2 on my list. (closely followed by kefka, ex-death, and jecht)

Was Jecht ever a villian though?

[hide=Spoilers]Yu Yevon takes control of the Final Aeon and makes Sin again as its Armour. So one could argue that Jecht was never evil, merely possessed.[/hide]

Jecht wasn't really a villian

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Cid, best villain of all Final Fantasies. Epic evil laugh and breaks the rules all over the place (first evil Cid) He's the perfect evil guy in my opinion. pwns Sephiroth, anyway.

I have to agree, he was a great villain, though I personally like Genesis better he is certainly number 2 on my list. (closely followed by kefka, ex-death, and jecht)

[hide=Spoilers]Yu Yevon takes control of the Final Aeon and makes Sin again as its Armour. So one could argue that Jecht was never evil, merely possessed.[/hide]

He's in dissidia: Final fantasy representing the villian side of FFX though. That's gotta count for something.

He's in dissidia: Final fantasy representing the villian side of FFX though. That's gotta count for something.

Nope, again, we only really knew of the Possessed Jecht, so its not the actual Jecht who [hide=Spoiler]"Died" alongside Tidus[/hide], I'm still saying it was not the true Jecht, as he was not a villian.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Nope, again, we only really knew of the Possessed Jecht, so its not the actual Jecht who [hide=Spoiler]"Died" alongside Tidus[/hide], I'm still saying it was not the true Jecht, as he was not a villian.

Point taken. Still since the possessed Jecht had the same mind as the true Jecht it makes for an awesome villain in the possessed Jecht.

No, the possessed Jecht has the same mind as Yu Yevon, which is why he, as Sin, destroys the landscape. However, he does possess a little of Jecht's memories and such, saying it was not a clean overall possession, that Jecht still has some power.

[hide=Spoiler]And since we're going down this route, there is no evidence that Jecht and Tidus exsisted. They were dreams of the fayth, from the dream Zanarkand. The fayth were kept dreaming to keep the Aeons alive. Shuyin we know exsisted, and could have therefore been the fayth's basis for Tidus, which is why they look similar. This is all speaking in terms of the game's history. Yes, Tidus did come back to "life", but that was because a fayth remained, the fayth which dreamt him (the Bahamut fayth)[/hide]

swordfinalqr7.jpg

No, the possessed Jecht has the same mind as Yu Yevon, which is why he, as Sin, destroys the landscape. However, he does possess a little of Jecht's memories and such, saying it was not a clean overall possession, that Jecht still has some power.

[hide=Spoiler]And since we're going down this route, there is no evidence that Jecht and Tidus exsisted. They were dreams of the fayth, from the dream Zanarkand. The fayth were kept dreaming to keep the Aeons alive. Shuyin we know exsisted, and could have therefore been the fayth's basis for Tidus, which is why they look similar. This is all speaking in terms of the game's history. Yes, Tidus did come back to "life", but that was because a fayth remained, the fayth which dreamt him (the Bahamut fayth)[/hide]

No the possessed Jecht did have the same mind as the normal Jecht. He controlled a little of his own mind (until Yu Yevon completely took over) but did not have power over his own body. The only time he took control was when Yu Yevon wasn't using him. Jecht consciously knew what he was doing when he did it but couldn't overpower Yu yevon. It seemed to me that the only killing he actually did was during operation Mi'hen, which was to get Tidus mad enough to have a drive to stop Yu Yevon.

As for Tidus being "alive", I don't know. He was able to see his mom on the farplane when he went which means something.

Yeah, but who says that a dream of a Fayth can't be found on the farplane? I mean, all beings are essentially pyreflies. Plus maybe the fayth did that to make him think he was real.

Or convince Yuna he was. The faith had no problem telling Tidus he was fake but Yuna was the one they needed.

Hmm, perhaps. I suppose, in a way, they need to prepare to make the sacrifice, which is why the Dream Zanarkand still exsisted due to the Fayth. The first Grand Summoner and Final Aeon were from Zanarkand, we know that much. Now, Zanarkand has been destroyed, but the Fayth keep its spirit alive knowing they may need another Final Aeon from Zanarkand. Perhaps, they all come from Zanarkand, we do not know, however, someone needs to be there to be sacrificed, so, in dreaming the person for the Final Aeon, then telling them, they think "Well, I'm not real, might aswell do it.", so it was an insurance policy for the Fayth/Yevon (Yevon keeping the Fayth dreaming). A Summoner from Zanarkand created Sin, so perhaps the Final Aeon needed to be from Zanarkand. Of course, there needed to be a way for the Summoner to be able to make the sacrifice.

Hmm... This starting to sound a bit like the Matrix to anyone else?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

090531192207.png

090531215510.png

Omg yes! I got the Ozma card, and I didn't even kill Ozma yet.

But I plan too! <3:

Im planing to max out final fantasy 9. I already maxed out Vivi, Zidane, Freya, and Eiki(ap not levels).

I got a gold chocobo, completed all chocographs, I have all ultimate weps(except excallibur 2).

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Im planing to max out final fantasy 9. I already maxed out Vivi, Zidane, Freya, and Eiki(ap not levels).

I got a gold chocobo, completed all chocographs, I have all ultimate weps(except excallibur 2).

Nice. I always dreamed of maxing out on FF9 but I didn't want to rush the whole way through to the end just to get Excalibur 2, and I didn't want to ignore it because I know it would bug me too much. So I decided to max out on 12 instead. Right now I'm like level 34 and still got a while to go, but it's still progress.

By the way, I see RS in the background. How do you play FF9 on computer? :-k I'd love to try that myself.

Nice. I always dreamed of maxing out on FF9 but I didn't want to rush the whole way through to the end just to get Excalibur 2, and I didn't want to ignore it because I know it would bug me too much. So I decided to max out on 12 instead. Right now I'm like level 34 and still got a while to go, but it's still progress.

By the way, I see RS in the background. How do you play FF9 on computer? :-k I'd love to try that myself.

It's a emulator :x

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

You haven't maxed out on FF12? It's really easy.

Yeah I know, that's what I beat 3, 4, 5, and 6 on. The problem is I don't know how to get one for 9. :(

Easy? Are we talking about just getting everyone to 99 or getting the Order of Ambrosia rank? The leveling task seems simple, especially with Gambits doing most of the work for me. As for OOA, doing all the hunts, getting all the espers, and getting all the Sky Pirate Den thingies seems like a loooong journey. I'm also trying my best to get every single piece of equipment in the game, but if I miss a few then no big deal. Oh yeah and I'm level 40 now. :P

EDIT: And on topic of FF12:

:lol:

Yeah I know, that's what I beat 3, 4, 5, and 6 on. The problem is I don't know how to get one for 9. :(

Easy? Are we talking about just getting everyone to 99 or getting the Order of Ambrosia rank? The leveling task seems simple, especially with Gambits doing most of the work for me. As for OOA, doing all the hunts, getting all the espers, and getting all the Sky Pirate Den thingies seems like a loooong journey. I'm also trying my best to get every single piece of equipment in the game, but if I miss a few then no big deal. Oh yeah and I'm level 40 now. :P

EDIT: And on topic of FF12:

:lol:

My friend found an Assasin's Creed one of them, and I saw FFXII down there in the corner, watched and favourited, epicness. Funny how the dude at the end wants to punch his face in. :lol:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

090530124425.png

:cry:

090530124425.png

:cry:

Don't worry my result wasn't any better. At the end I had to do uber lvling for trance kuja. Took me forever to beat him. Then I ran into the boss after him and was like: :shock: . It came down to a 1v1 between him and Vivi. Vivi kicked his [wagon] lol. I've maxed out on about every FF besides tactics and FF9, I should do that sometime.

Don't worry my result wasn't any better. At the end I had to do uber lvling for trance kuja. Took me forever to beat him. Then I ran into the boss after him and was like: :shock: . It came down to a 1v1 between him and Vivi. Vivi kicked his [wagon] lol. I've maxed out on about every FF besides tactics and FF9, I should do that sometime.

What's your definition of maxing out? Oh and did you get the Ambrosia Rank for 12?

What's your definition of maxing out? Oh and did you get the Ambrosia Rank for 12?

My definition of maxing out is finishing every part of the game. Side quests, optional bosses, max level, all attacks, best armour, etc.

Oh yes I forgot about ff12 still need to finish the last marks. :lol:

My definition of maxing out is finishing every part of the game. Side quests, optional bosses, max level, all attacks, best armour, etc.

Damn, then you're pretty good. I want to get all the weapons and armors though, not just the ultimate ones. The only RPG's I ever maxed out on was Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 1. But I should at least get 12 and another one done this summer.

Damn, then you're pretty good. I want to get all the weapons and armors though, not just the ultimate ones. The only RPG's I ever maxed out on was Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 1. But I should at least get 12 and another one done this summer.

You have no idea how annoying it was to get everyone every attack on FFX. :lol:

You have no idea how annoying it was to get everyone every attack on FFX. :lol:

Don Tonberry trick and Sphere glitch says hi.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

i remember the first time i fought a Tonberry in FFX-2, haha i thought there was a glitch in the game because it just wouldnt die, it was hitting so small but eventually took about 5 phoenix down before i quit.

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

i've never beaten ozma either lol

he's just a beast

It was all luck. I had Freya use dragon crest(9999 damage) and Vivi use Doomsday. He also had return magic, so he would do 9999 damage twice in one turn. Quina and Zidane were my healers. Quina had angel snack and Zidane was conpletly useless lol. My gear either absorbed or 100% nulled his doomsday, everyone had auto life and regan on too.

090603141743i.png

090603141749.png

090603141808.png

090603141812.png

:D

ARK IS AWESOME! But takes like a minute to summon. You wondering why Vivi got zombie, he's already max so I didn't take it off(lower your level, less damage you recieve from Necron). Zidane maxed too, so is Freya and Stiener. Quina needs more blue spells, but the ones I got the most useful.

Any comments on it^? ^_^