Final Fantasy Discussion thread

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I have to say Mist Quickenings are so much fun :P I can't remember what my highest combo was, probably something like 15.

I got 14 once, my bro beat me with 16. :(

*Has no idea what you're talking about*

Mist quickenings are basically your limit breaks in FF12. I forget what my highest chain is, I think 16 or near there.

*doesn't own FFXII*

Well I explained it in FFVII/FFVIII terms.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Mist Quickenings are so much fun :P I can't remember what my highest combo was, probably something like 15.

I got 14 once, my bro beat me with 16. :(

*Has no idea what you're talking about*

Mist quickenings are basically your limit breaks in FF12. I forget what my highest chain is, I think 16 or near there.

With some wierd glitch on a Japanese version of the game, some insane Japanese guy got 106 or something.

That was with a glitch though, so I don't suppose it counts.

2Xeo5.png

I had to purposely stop my chain when I was fighting Cuchalain. I think since that area is filled with mist, you don't run out (or you run out very slowly). I don't know, watching 20 consecutive Quickenings bores me.

Best in order of my opinion:

VII (I'm a fanboy, I'll admit it)

VI & X (I can't decide between them, but they're a VERY close second)

IV

II

I (it started it all and is pretty damn fun)

Worst:

III (set up important precedents, but I cannot stand it)

XI (MMO, really?)

XIV (another MMO, really?)

Though I still haven't finished XII (just leaving the first city via airship now) and haven't played VIII or IX.

V is also worth mention because of the amazing job system and fun value. Though bad dialogue and having the main villian be named ExDeath did ruin it a bit for me.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

V is also worth mention because of the amazing job system and fun value. Though bad dialogue and having the main villian be named ExDeath did ruin it a bit for me.

Haha, I agree there. That one was cheesy, although I liked the battling. It was so cliche. "I'm gonna take over the world! Mwahah!" Seems like they just whipped that one together at the last minute.

~~~

As for my progress on FF12, I beat the Pharos and I'm level 65. Right now I'm trying to do all the Hunts and get those last three Espers (Chaos, Ultima, Zodiark).

Haha, I agree there. That one was cheesy, although I liked the battling. It was so cliche. "I'm gonna take over the world! Mwahah!" Seems like they just whipped that one together at the last minute.

~~~

As for my progress on FF12, I beat the Pharos and I'm level 65. Right now I'm trying to do all the Hunts and get those last three Espers (Chaos, Ultima, Zodiark).

I found Zodiark really annoying, but the other two were quite easy in comparison, which is quite strange.

2Xeo5.png

~~~

I found Zodiark really annoying, but the other two were quite easy in comparison, which is quite strange.

I'm currently doing a second playthrough of FFXII, currently going to the viera home village. It's weird, it's the only game I bothered maxing on my first playthrough.

~~~

I'm currently doing a second playthrough of FFXII, currently going to the viera home village. It's weird, it's the only game I bothered maxing on my first playthrough.

I love FFXII, and the whole Ivalice alliance.

Probably my favorite part of the series...

Maybe even surpassing FFVII

2Xeo5.png

~~~

I tended to like FFTA a lot. I lost the game shortly before I beat it though. (right before the last fight).

[hide=Quotes]

~~~

I tended to like FFTA a lot. I lost the game shortly before I beat it though. (right before the last fight).

[/hide]

Oh man! I forgot about Tactics! I love them. FFTA was awesome and I have FFTA2 though I haven't had a chance to get into it yet.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

I think I lost my FFTA too. Damn Gameboy cartridges and their smallness. :evil:

I just beat Chaos - most challenging fight my whole time through as of yet. Not being able to use physical attacks... come on, that's just messed up.

FFT:Grimoire of the rift right next to me

Maxed out ninja luso with uber dual wield.

Elementalists are severely under rated in my eyes. I mean, they can use swords AND spam elemental status effect inflicting spells, pretty versatile.

Gladiator with ultima sword, which can really help in those long, drawn out battles. Admittedly, there are better classes for a Bangaa, I think gladiators are awsome.

A hunter, with a good bow, and most abilities (90% of which are so situational that they get used maybe 3 times in the entire game -.- )

A fusilier, since moogles are awsome, and charmshot+sleepshot are absolutely awsome.

A sage that also uses white magic, all spells acquired.

And a trickster which I like to use sometimes, because magic cards are badass.

Love that game.

2Xeo5.png

I've briefly played FF:TA and man was it good. I'm gonna get the rom for an emulator :D

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Well i'm about ready for my first face off with Cid. Might drop around some cities and do some marks before then though. I still have some I neglected because I felt like advancing the story (white mouse). I forgot how much of a pain the gil snapper can be in the early game.

Pulled out my old copy of FFXII today, played it for about an hour, bumping my play time up to 127 hours... :lol:

Got my backup team (Balthier, Fran and Penelo) up two levels each and used up some License Points to fill the top half of the board on all of my characters. Argh, I need to play some more, might bring the old TV into my room and play some more FFXII. I want to finish all the hunts, there's gotta be less than five left... :evil:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Finally got my FF12 cd, but it doesn't run on my PS3.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Finally got my FF12 cd, but it doesn't run on my PS3.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Lol. Went to get the zodiac spear today and it wasn't there. Must've gotten a chest somewhere :cry:

I played more Final Fantasy XII today, finished the Ixion hunt and took on Fafnir, got him down to less than 50,000 health and bam, Stop on Ashe and Vaan, Basche dead. I switch Basche out and in comes Balthier, dead in one hit, I bring Fran in and she is also killed, but only after releasing Ashe from Stop. Ashe is killed along with Fran, I bring in Penelo as Vaan is getting the crap kicked out of him. Vaan dies as my last minute attempt, a Quickening starts. I got a 2 chain, it hits low and then I died. :x

I'll get him dead tomorrow.

#rpgformod

I played more Final Fantasy XII today, finished the Ixion hunt and took on Fafnir, got him down to less than 50,000 health and bam, Stop on Ashe and Vaan, Basche dead. I switch Basche out and in comes Balthier, dead in one hit, I bring Fran in and she is also killed, but only after releasing Ashe from Stop. Ashe is killed along with Fran, I bring in Penelo as Vaan is getting the crap kicked out of him. Vaan dies as my last minute attempt, a Quickening starts. I got a 2 chain, it hits low and then I died. :x

Haha, what a coincidence - I fought Fafnir tonight too. He was tough as hell, but I beat him. :mrgreen: A trick I learned is to use his enormous size as an advantage and have someone stay behind him while the other characters are in front, that way his breath and spells don't hit all of you. Also took out Gilgamesh and got all his Genji stuff. Six more hunts to go.

Haha, what a coincidence - I fought Fafnir tonight too. He was tough as hell, but I beat him. :mrgreen: A trick I learned is to use his enormous size as an advantage and have someone stay behind him while the other characters are in front, that way his breath and spells don't hit all of you. Also took out Gilgamesh and got all his Genji stuff. Six more hunts to go.

Yeah, I was using Vaan behind him while Ashe and Basche fought from wherever, moving when they got too close to me, saves you from getting hit with his breath most of the time. I'm going in with more supplies, I needed more than 25 Chronos Tears. :lol:

A question, is it possible for me to get Zodiac Spear if I grabbed the chests, has anyone found any other way to get it apart from the chests, or am I screwed?

#rpgformod

A question, is it possible for me to get Zodiac Spear if I grabbed the chests, has anyone found any other way to get it apart from the chests, or am I screwed?

Yes, you can get it in Henne Mines (Phase 2) even if you opened those other 4 chests, but there is only a 1/1000 chance. I heard it makes people go crazy.

Yes, you can get it in Henne Mines (Phase 2) even if you opened those other 4 chests, but there is only a 1/1000 chance. I heard it makes people go crazy.

I'm already crazy, do the two cancel each other out?

#rpgformod

No. You will go completely bat [Wagon] insane.

I know I did, and I got it quite early.

Basically, there is a 10% chance for the chest to spawn, and a 10% chance that it will yield said spear.

Make sure you use the diamond armlet.

2Xeo5.png

Basically, there is a 10% chance for the chest to spawn, and a 10% chance that it will yield said spear.

Doesn't that chest give something different if you wear the diamond armlet?

Doesn't that chest give something different if you wear the diamond armlet?

Spear with armlet, something else without it.

Pretty sure of that.

2Xeo5.png