Final Fantasy Discussion thread

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Nice job. You make me want to play 9 after I beat 12 now, but my girlfriend's brother is borrowing it at the moment. Is it possible to get a perfect game with Excalibur 2?

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job. You make me want to play 9 after I beat 12 now, but my girlfriend's brother is borrowing it at the moment. Is it possible to get a perfect game with Excalibur 2?

I've heard after two years of playing game time the clock resets. I've never tried it though. I've always thought though after doing the MGS3 cheep killing of the end (to see if it actually worked) that resetting the PlayStation's internal clock should work.

Yeah I heard of that too but I'd rather not run up our electricity bill for that. Plus... 2 years... the world might end by then. :lol:

Edit: I feel dumb when I ask a question and then I Google it and it's in the first result. #-o Appears like it is possible: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197338/41181

Yeah I heard of that too but I'd rather not run up our electricity bill for that. Plus... 2 years... the world might end by then. :lol:

Edit: I feel dumb when I ask a question and then I Google it and it's in the first result. #-o Appears like it is possible: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197338/41181

Well in that case i'll save you the trouble. In MGS3 if you saved during your fight with the end, then went and set the PS2 internal clock ahead a little over a week when you reloaded up your game there'd be a cutscene of snake walking up to him to find he died of old age. Really cheap way of winning that fight effortlessly.

Like I said after that I thought it might work on FF9 (setting the PS2 internal clock ahead 2 years).

So... FFXIII isn't even out yet, and we got FFXIV. WTF you doing SE??!!?

[yt]S_QaRtu2SbA[/yt]

To be fair though, it's a MMO.

Edit: BTW, this is PS3 only.... So an MMO only on the console.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Another online Final Fantasy? Ugh, why couldn't they just call them Final Fantasy Online 1 and 2? It would be nice to be able to say "I beat Final Fantasy 1-14" but that's impossible thanks to them being unbeatable online games. Well... for perfectionists at least.

Another online Final Fantasy? Ugh, why couldn't they just call them Final Fantasy Online 1 and 2? It would be nice to be able to say "I beat Final Fantasy 1-14" but that's impossible thanks to them being unbeatable online games. Well... for perfectionists at least.

Might drive a few OCD completionists mad.

On another note, I just got the Danjuro. Man that was annoying.

2Xeo5.png

I love the FF storylines, they have so many awesome names and concepts and mechanics (even if they do seem slightly repetitive). So creative, even if some names are taken from different Mythology.

Am I the only person who got bored of FFX? :lol:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I love the FF storylines, they have so many awesome names and concepts and mechanics (even if they do seem slightly repetitive). So creative, even if some names are taken from different Mythology.

By the time I played FFX, FFVIII already stole the spot of bad and boring.

I got bored of it when I couldn't beat the first fight with Evrae(?) And when I finally beat him, I saw Seymour's funny hat and the game stopped. :(

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

FFs just don't do it for me anymore :roll:

Beat them 1-12, neither were really hard....used to be a challenge when I was 10, now compared to some other RPGs they aren't even that fun.

9 was probably the best, if only the loading times were better...playable only on an emulator IMO =/

I've done a low level no magic stones challenge for that one, and the difficulty went up a bit.....but not that much.

The final boss was rather interesting, surviving Grand Cross without any status protection.....and at level 15-25.

Tbh, Ozma was more luck based than anything.

Is Kingdom Hearts considered Final Fantasy, or is it just a series of it's own? I always thought it was just a spin off, so it technically could be considered FF.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Are any of the FF storylines implemented in KH? Or is it just the characters that are featured in there?

I have both KH 1 and 2 but haven't touched them yet but I'll try to power through it, many people love it amirite.

Also going to try and play a bit of FFX... following a walkthrough because if I remember correctly, I'm stuck in a temple ;___;

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I do think it helps to have played Final Fantasy because I think there is a little bit of the stories implemented into the FF characters in it...kind of helps to have played Final Fantasy and watched lots of Disney movies to understand the damn thing. I know not much about Disney (I like Lion King and Pirates of the Carribean, I have seen most of the other ones, but know nothing of the story really), and I've only played FFX and FFXII.

I was just wondering what it was considered. I like Kingdom more than I do Final Fantasy, but whatever...I am just looking forward to FFXIII, that game looks amazing.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I have both KH 1 and 2 but haven't touched them yet but I'll try to power through it, many people love it amirite.

The first is a lot better than the second in my opinion.

As for them being separate from FF, they have a similar battle system (Fira, Thundaga, etc.) but the stories are completely different. But then again, all Final Fantasies except for like two have completely separate stories.

JRPGs aren't about difficulty, they are about story.

Ehh, I don't know. The reason I play FF games is because I enjoy the game play. FF5 had a very crappy story but yet it's one of my favorites.

Are any of the FF storylines implemented in KH? Or is it just the characters that are featured in there?

Also going to try and play a bit of FFX... following a walkthrough because if I remember correctly, I'm stuck in a temple ;___;

The one with seymour? That one got me for awhile on my first playthrough. I personally like kh2 better than one but that's just me. It had a lot more bosses and they really took different strategies. KH1 the bosses were more or less the same, whack him till he dies.

Nice^ tell us how it is.

Also, was there a final fantasy 11? or was X-2 considered it?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

FF9 is best, by miles and miles. Of course, I haven't played 7 or 8. FF9 has awesome story, awesome spells, awesome characters, awesome everything, including the most epic boss battle ever. I don't see what it has to do with the Crystal though...

(Zidane>every other character[besides Mario]) :mrgreen:

Paragon.png