Final Fantasy Discussion thread

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Around twelve hours in. On Chapter Six I believe.

Personally, the combat system is pretty good. It is much easier and anyone new to RPG's will have a very easy time getting used to it. The characters are all right. Vanille doesn't annoy me that much, mostly because of all the laughs I have when I notice her and Szazh are stuck together and she keeps drawing a line and telling him not to pass it. It might be my dirty mind, or it might be the fact there is something going on behind the scenes... :unsure:

It's graphically impressive. I'm pretty impressed so far, hopefully the story gets a bit better and the characters meet up since playing as two characters gets boring. Fighting is starting to get repetitive and it annoys the crap out of me the number of enemies you can't kill that are sitting around. Why not have some more monsters to fight that I actually can defeat?

I have found it pretty easy so far though. The healer paradigm makes the game a heck of a lot easier.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm pretty far in now and the combat has thankfully started to get more interesting. I die all the time now LOL. Which raises another issue I have with the combat system: having a complete inability to direct your party members' actions manually. Having to rely on the AI to give me the right buff is a bit annoying. And if a buff I need is dependent on a specific weakness or attribute of the enemy, I have to have Libra'd them for my party members to even consider using these specialized buffs (though thankfully one Libra on a specific type of enemy is enough). A perfect example of this is the two raging monsters (boss) Sazh and Vanille face. Sazh won't use thunderize or waterize unless you Libra them. I imagine that will be even more annoying later when I'd like to use my TP to summon Eidolons instead of wasting it on Libra...

And good news, Vanille seems to have gotten a bit less annoying as she has gotten more depressed. Good Vanille, stay sad. You're annoying when you're happy :angry:

is FF13 worth playing if im a newb? i never played it before on a console.

i didn't like the DS ones.

Depends. If you like RPG's then you should like it. If not, then I would advise you don't.

I do like some RPGs. Just not jRPGs. Anyway my friend told me this game is too linear for me to like.

Finally got to play some FFXIII again today lol.

All I gotta say is DAYYUUUM that boss in Chapter 9 was HARD. No spoilers. If you've been up to that point, you know what I'm talking about.

So far though the game has been very linear like FFX, not sure I really like that but meh what can you do.

1. 8 (My first FF game).

2. 7

3. 9

4. 10

Not sure about the rest. Have not play the new FF13.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I haven't gotten too far into XIII yet, thanks to Chemistry homework, but it is looking good. Haven't quite gotten used to it, and the fact that my brother was beaing a douche while I was trying to play didn't help.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Currently 18 hrs in and almost done with Chapter 9.

I am glad to see you have to fight a hard boss -.- I hate so many of the battles. As you progress it seems like Square Enix hates you more and more, I've skipped so many fight in Chapter 9 because I don't want to fight six enemies that will tornado kick my team at the same time and kill us all.

Finally got to play some FFXIII again today lol.

All I gotta say is DAYYUUUM that boss in Chapter 9 was HARD. No spoilers. If you've been up to that point, you know what I'm talking about.

So far though the game has been very linear like FFX, not sure I really like that but meh what can you do.

I didn't think it was too hard, just long.

Took me 21 minutes, 33 seconds.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I beat the Level 9 boss in seventeen minutes, not hard, just really annoying to watch your characters get their health blown away every attack.

I had Lightning as a ravager, Snow as a ravager, and Vanille as a healer. Basically we knocked at his stagger gauge then beat the crap out of him when he hit stagger. I wish I would have used Snow more as a sentinel, but my strategy worked and I didn't die.

My advice to any newbies is to work on Snow's sentinel, because it makes the bosses so much easier. With mediguard, he heals as he guards, making it much easier to let him take all the pain and then attack with your other two characters.

Well I probably found it hard because I didn't do a whole lot of grinding, I just went through normally for the most part and skipped a lot of battles. That boss really only took me 4 or so tries, it was just getting the strategy right. I did it with Lightning, Vanille, and Hope. I found it was fairly important to have Vanille on sab with dispel for the last half of the first phase, since him having faith+haste can rape REALLY hard. And of course have Hope keep shell up. Probably could have done with tank, but it would have taken too long. I think Sazh + Vanille could have worked fairly well too because it seems his Magic Amplification is time based; I don't think it would be too hard to take at least 3 of the 4 armor pieces out before he amps up to -aga spells. The attack buffs might also help stagger him before he unleashes his nuke in phase two aswell.

Oh and I'm quite a ways through Chapter 10 now, and good God Cid pissed me off so much. A lot more than the Ch 9 boss...

I guess hard bosses are kind of refreshing in a way though. 12's bosses save for the optional superbosses were an absolute joke. I set up a single set of gambits for all 3 forms of the final boss, left and watched TV, and came back and watched the ending sequence. Didn't even touch my controller. Now that's pathetic.

Well I probably found it hard because I didn't do a whole lot of grinding, I just went through normally for the most part and skipped a lot of battles. That boss really only took me 4 or so tries, it was just getting the strategy right. I did it with Lightning, Vanille, and Hope. I found it was fairly important to have Vanille on sab with dispel for the last half of the first phase, since him having faith+haste can rape REALLY hard. And of course have Hope keep shell up. Probably could have done with tank, but it would have taken too long. I think Sazh + Vanille could have worked fairly well too because it seems his Magic Amplification is time based; I don't think it would be too hard to take at least 3 of the 4 armor pieces out before he amps up to -aga spells. The attack buffs might also help stagger him before he unleashes his nuke in phase two aswell.

Oh and I'm quite a ways through Chapter 10 now, and good God Cid pissed me off so much. A lot more than the Ch 9 boss...

I guess hard bosses are kind of refreshing in a way though. 12's bosses save for the optional superbosses were an absolute joke. I set up a single set of gambits for all 3 forms of the final boss, left and watched TV, and came back and watched the ending sequence. Didn't even touch my controller. Now that's pathetic.

I personally thought Raines was harder than the chapter 9 boss. It ultimately depends on your configuration. With Snow as my Sentinel (tank), Vanille as a Medic and Saboteur and Ravager, and Lightning as a Commando and Ravager, it is fairly balanced. I am not doing a very good job working with the technical things, I basically was making everyone fighting oriented, not worrying about Debuff and stuff like that until I hit the fifteen hour mark and realized that that was a pretty kick [wagon] skill set. I have just started using Sentinel and wish I would have used it before, because it makes fights so much simpler compared to when I just fought fought fought for twenty minutes.

I am focusing every character except Vanille on a specific skill because of how ungodly priced the new skills are (Once you beat Raines, it takes 6000 points to get to the next orb, that's the equivalent of twelve fights with normal enemies).

Lightning-Ravager

Snow-Sentinel

Sazh- Saboteur

Hope-Medic

Fang- Commando

Vanille- Medic, Saboteur, Ravager

Well, going by times, Cid was a lot easier for me, only difference being that I was higher levelled.

Party: Lightning, Snow and Hope.

Time to beat Cid: 12 Minutes, 43 Seconds.

Paradigms are something like this:

Commando, Commando, Ravager.

Commando, Sentinel, Ravager.

Commando, Sentinel, Medic.

Commando, Sentinel, Synergist.

Ravager, Sentinel, Ravager.

Commando, Commando, Medic.

Only problem with Cid was that I was often healing, and staggered him about twice.

EDIT: I should mention, did every winnable battle in the game so far, had to skip about.. 10 in total maybe. Also I've done some battle multiple times due to saving and leaving the game. I leave no area unexplored for treasure chests.

As I said to my mate "SUCK COMMANDO, COMMANDO, RAVAGER CID!" Almost died a few times in that battle, think I had to revive Snow once too.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

I personally thought Raines was harder than the chapter 9 boss.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, he was for me too. I got pretty much destroyed in the second phase with my Vanille + Hope configuration from Chapter 9. So I used Snow, and I still got killed because he used posinaga and stopped all my characters and then combo'd lightning to death. I finally managed to beat him with Fang + Hope because she's a good enough tank plus, most importantly, she can dispel his haste and other buffs. Oh and it is totally worth switching Hope to syngergist to cast protect after Cid dispels it. Huge lifesaver.

Oh yeah and I kinda wish they would let you switch classes individually. I fail at setting up paradigms sometimes :^_^:

• 2 weeks later...

I figure no-one will mind me making a relevant bump.

[hide= Chapter 12 Spoilers] Yeah so Barthandelus, a complete breeze. Then what comes next? Orphan. [bleep]er is so hard, my usual way didn't beat it.

How did I beat it in 7 minutes, 35 seconds? Poison.[/hide]

EDIT: AND COMPLETED THE STORY!

swordfinalqr7.jpg

I just beat Dreadnought or whatever. Chapter 4 boss. Unlocked upgrades to weapons and stuff.

Lightning makes the game so much easier. :thumbup: It was so annoying with Hope on my team, to me, he's just another Tidus. I hated Tidus.

#rpgformod

I made a goal to beat FF12 and Yiazmat over Spring Break.

I accomplished this.

It was hard but took me 2 days on and off to kill Yazimat. I was able to obtian 6 ribbions and 6 zodiac spears(didn't use spears vs him).

How I did get more then 1 was with the RNG method, any1 heard of that?

Killed Yiazmat with this method.

;D

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I just beat Dreadnought or whatever. Chapter 4 boss. Unlocked upgrades to weapons and stuff.

Lightning makes the game so much easier. :thumbup: It was so annoying with Hope on my team, to me, he's just another Tidus. I hated Tidus.

Hope is actually a good Synergist once he gets haste.

Found myself needing a Synergist more than a Saboteur. Damn fine character for a Synergist and Medic role. Especially in the end when you'll want to have 3 Medics at once for fast healing.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Hope is actually a good Synergist once he gets haste.

Found myself needing a Synergist more than a Saboteur. Damn fine character for a Synergist and Medic role. Especially in the end when you'll want to have 3 Medics at once for fast healing.

Well, now, hes kinda useless to me. I'm sure everyone will get useful in their own way, but now, I don't particularly want him on my team. I'd much rather Lightning.

ALSO: What the hell was with Snow fighting the Shiva sisters? I didn't understand what I was meant to be doing in that battle. I just kept switching Paradigms hoping something would happen.

#rpgformod

Oh, you fight all the Eidolons to get them.

For Snow's..

[hide= Spoiler]

Stick as a Sentinel and keep auto-battling for Steelguard and you'll do it. You won't die.

[/hide]

I beat it a while ago, but I still have no idea what I was aiming to do.

Are Eidolons similar to Espers and Aeons, or what?

#rpgformod

Oh, you fight all the Eidolons to get them.

For Snow's..

[hide= Spoiler]

Stick as a Sentinel and keep auto-battling for Steelguard and you'll do it. You won't die.

[/hide]

I beat it a while ago, but I still have no idea what I was aiming to do.

Are Eidolons similar to Espers and Aeons, or what?

they are the summons of 13, at least they are useful sometimes, unlike espers in ff12 which i have never used.

btw i hope u enjoy ff13, being a fan of ff12 i can tell you that these two polar opposites in terms of story linearity.

bedce0cd19.png