Final Fantasy Discussion thread

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten seemed straightforward for most of the game. Kill sin, church dislikes machines, etc. Then after the final summoning it got really WTF and I had to check a wiki to see wtf just happened.

You couldn't follow that? Yunalesca was sacrificing virgins to sin to keep him pleased, in a nut shell... I mean was it me or did it seem like all the high summoners needed to get laid. Braska was the only one who seemed like he had a non-insane reason.

Alright, on FF9, I'm doing the chocographs. Is there a better way then to just keep doing Hot and Cold over and over again? And do I have to do it in one minute increments?

You can only do HnC for them

Just a FYI. There a set amount you get before the other batch unlocks. So if you gotten 5 already at the forest, move on til you get to the Panama

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Alright, on FF9, I'm doing the chocographs. Is there a better way then to just keep doing Hot and Cold over and over again? And do I have to do it in one minute increments?

You can only do HnC for them

Just a FYI. There a set amount you get before the other batch unlocks. So if you gotten 5 already at the forest, move on til you get to the Panama

Aww...Thanks. I probably would've stayed there frantically searching for more for quite a while.

Paragon.png

Finally some news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII:

News is coming in from Famitsu/Dengeki PlayStation.

Game will be at TGS with some new announcements. There's new screenshots showing new in-game locations.

New screens show a Shinjuku-like environment, endless wilderness, a gas station. Screens are real time.

Nomura about the game's world, "If you try to go all the way to the end, it's truly far."

Nomura on Versus XIII:

- All the screenshots in the interview are captured from the game running in real time.

- The movement of the clouds in the game are controlled by the physics engine in the game.

- The game employs an open field concept, so you can travel anywhere except into mountains.

- The encounter system is a mix of random and visible encounters? (Confusing point, the blog doesn't seem clear either.)

- Battles are seamless. The only loading in the game will occur when moving between very large areas. They're aiming for the ultimate in seamlessness.

- Objects along the paths of roads can be destroyed.

- Most people will not believe their eyes when they see the high quality of the battles in motion.

- The staff are highly motivated now.

- There will still be improvements and more polish on the visuals made, the visuals in the screens are the game running at the moment.

- You'll be able to use a car as promised. You can exit it and move on foot at any time as well.

- Enemies will be visible on the field, and while some enemies are wandering around, others will suddenly appear and surprise you. (This clarifies what the random and visible comment meant, and it also confirms that game will be similar to FFXII in that sense.)

- Nomura says they're planning for a big unveiling of Versus at some point, but he doesn't really give any deadline for it.

- There will be some announcements at TGS of titles which have not been revealed at all yet.

Nomura on Agito XIII:

- The game is in the tuning phase of development.

- There is a world map in the game, and you can ride chocobos on it and fly an airship around as well.

- Agito XIII and The 3rd Birthday are going to be the greatest titles on the PSP ever.

Scans:

[hide]versus-01.jpgversus-02.jpg[/hide]

k9999-crazyarm.gif

You couldn't follow that? Yunalesca was sacrificing virgins to sin to keep him pleased, in a nut shell... I mean was it me or did it seem like all the high summoners needed to get laid. Braska was the only one who seemed like he had a non-insane reason.

Naw, but the way Yu-Yevon just seemed to pop out of nowhere surprised me. That and I didn't really understand why Tidus and Auron disappeared. Then when I went to the FF wiki to look it up and found this long history of the relationship between bevelle and zanarkand that cleared up the ending for me, even though I didn't remember any of it being in the game itself.

I'm playing FFXIII now but I don't own a current gen console. Been using my sister's boyfriend's x-box so I can't play as much as I'd like. I'm halfway through chapter nine and loving it.

Vannille is kinda odd to me. When I was waiting for the game and watching japanese clips I thought she was ADORABLE. I watched a video of her summoning hecatoncheir about 5 times just because the way she would hop around and squeal was so cute. I don't know japanese at all so I have no clue what she said, but the little bit she does right after she hops on heta in gestalt was cuter than a box of kittens. I watched the English version of it and it just annoyed me. Her cute little high pitched giggle was gone and her phrases just sounded bad. When I started playing for real her little moan she does when she casts a spell just about drove me to being literally angry with rage. "I'm tougher than you thought, huh?" is funny though.

Fang is way more awesome than I expected. I've only had her in my team for a little bit but man she is so cool. Not only does she have more strength than any of my other teammates and awesome saboteur skills, she's just awesome. Her battle quotes don't get on my nerves and are just badass. "Eat this!" is way cooler than a grunt.

Hope didn't get on my nerves as much as I expected. Ironically he seemed the most realistic to me, a scared kid afraid to stand up for himself. His reaction to becoming a L'Cie was appropriate and his mission has always been clear, get revenge on Snow. Now that they seem to be BFF now though (I'm on chapter nine) I am left wondering if his character development is over. He's pretty bomb in combat too. Protect/Shell/Bar[element] make keeping the team up way easier. Though, keeping him up is a pain! Even with HP boosts he seems to be the first to die when things go wrong.

Snow gets on my nerves, but I kinda have to respect the guy. He carried an unconscious Hope right after being heavily wounded by him, just to keep a promise. He has a tendency to be inconsiderate and naive though. He's pretty good on the commando role and his sentinel role was the only way I could find to beat those damn flying motorbikes in Palumpolum (goddamn Gatling gun!!!)

Sahz is painful for me to use in combat. He doesn't have the power of Hope, Light, or Vanille in ravager mode and his attack speed is painfully slow in commando. He has haste and the en[element] spells, along with bravery and faith so he's like an offensive Hope. Which would be great, except on enemies I buff up for I generally am doing it because they hit really hard and don't go down easily. Hence I play defensively. It hardly matters since I'm forced to use him for a good chunk of the game, but he will most likely not be in my final party.

However, story-wise Sahz is be far the best. The stuff that goes down right before his Eidolon battle is intense.

Lighting punched Snow when he was getting annoying. She is awesome. Enough said.

This is just how I feel about the characters. I know that eventually everyone gets every role so alot of what I said is worthless, but I'm just killing time til I'm able to play FFXIII again!

Vannille is kinda odd to me. When I was waiting for the game and watching japanese clips I thought she was ADORABLE. I watched a video of her summoning hecatoncheir about 5 times just because the way she would hop around and squeal was so cute.

What's wrong with you???

And about the story, I heard it got bad reviews, but honestly I thought it was a step up from most other FF stories I've seen. 4, 5, 6, 8, and 12 had terrible stories. Still good games though.

Vannille is kinda odd to me. When I was waiting for the game and watching japanese clips I thought she was ADORABLE. I watched a video of her summoning hecatoncheir about 5 times just because the way she would hop around and squeal was so cute.

What's wrong with you???

And about the story, I heard it got bad reviews, but honestly I thought it was a step up from most other FF stories I've seen. 4, 5, 6, 8, and 12 had terrible stories. Still good games though.

Cid was epic in 12. One of the greatest characters of all time. :thumbup:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

What's wrong with you???

4, 5, and 6 had bad stories? The three best FF games, had bad stories. Obviously you don't know a good game when you play it.

Also I totally agree about Cid in FFXII. The only thing wrong with him is that he wasn't the final boss. Which he should have been, he was a better villain than Vayne, like most FF's had a connection to your party, and was harder than Vayne. Cid might possibly the best villain FF has ever come out with, even if I did hate most of the game he was in. Always looked forward to the Cid fights, and who doesn't love his evil laugh?

I don't even know how you could call them stories. "Go collect things and then defeat the evil emperor!" You seriously find merit in that? The only FF stories I cared about were 7, 9, and 10 because they actually had some depth to them. Every other one was generic to the utmost extreme.

Obviously you don't know a good game when you play it.

I just don't play games as the same reasons as you do. Story is the last thing on my mind when I think of a good game (same with graphics). Take Left 4 Dead for example. I'd say the lack of it's story was one of it's strongest points. You can just jump into the game and kill weird enemies - no commitment required. It's all about the game play for me. Besides, I did say those Final Fantasies were good games so I don't know where the hell you got that from. In fact, the fifth one was one of my favorite RPG's, but as for the story, it quite simply had nothing special to it. "Mauahah! I'm going to destroy the world for no reason!!" Please describe to me how that entertained you in any way possible. :blink:

What's wrong with you???

Alot of things.....

"Mauahah! I'm going to destroy the world for no reason!!" Please describe to me how that entertained you in any way possible. :blink:

I don't know much about five, but four and six were nothing like that.

Well, Kefka was like that, but he has a long history that made him like that and he's only the big bad for the last half of the game. The world of balance is more about Ghestal.

I liked the story in 12. Wasn't really too generic, although it does fit the "Defeath the emperor" criteria. At least the characters were mostly interesting, and they featured a lot of setting development in the game.

2Xeo5.png

What's wrong with you???

4, 5, and 6 had bad stories? The three best FF games, had bad stories. Obviously you don't know a good game when you play it.

Also I totally agree about Cid in FFXII. The only thing wrong with him is that he wasn't the final boss. Which he should have been, he was a better villain than Vayne, like most FF's had a connection to your party, and was harder than Vayne. Cid might possibly the best villain FF has ever come out with, even if I did hate most of the game he was in. Always looked forward to the Cid fights, and who doesn't love his evil laugh?

Yes. Vayne didn't put a scratch on me. Cid and Famfrit were so much harder. Or at least I found them to be.

I liked the story in 12. Wasn't really too generic, although it does fit the "Defeath the emperor" criteria. At least the characters were mostly interesting, and they featured a lot of setting development in the game.

When you ignored Vaan and Penelo, and focused on the other four's stories, the game got a lot better.

I'm come out with it and say the two best characters in 12 died in the Pharos. Reddas and Cid.

#rpgformod

What about Balthier O_o He was awesome, you can't deny it xD

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

What about Balthier O_o He was awesome, you can't deny it xD

In awesomeness:

1. Cid.

2. Reddas.

3. Balthier.

4. Vossler.

Honourable mentions to El-Cid and Drace.

#rpgformod