Final Fantasy Discussion thread

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Oh, you fight all the Eidolons to get them.

For Snow's..

[hide= Spoiler]

Stick as a Sentinel and keep auto-battling for Steelguard and you'll do it. You won't die.

[/hide]

I beat it a while ago, but I still have no idea what I was aiming to do.

Are Eidolons similar to Espers and Aeons, or what?

they are the summons of 13, at least they are useful sometimes, unlike espers in ff12 which i have never used.

btw i hope u enjoy ff13, being a fan of ff12 i can tell you that these two polar opposites in terms of story linearity.

The make you use the first one you get once, so you have to use him.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you fight all the Eidolons to get them.

For Snow's..

[hide= Spoiler]

Stick as a Sentinel and keep auto-battling for Steelguard and you'll do it. You won't die.

[/hide]

I beat it a while ago, but I still have no idea what I was aiming to do.

Are Eidolons similar to Espers and Aeons, or what?

they are the summons of 13, at least they are useful sometimes, unlike espers in ff12 which i have never used.

btw i hope u enjoy ff13, being a fan of ff12 i can tell you that these two polar opposites in terms of story linearity.

The make you use the first one you get once, so you have to use him.

well of course, other than using it during the story i meant

bedce0cd19.png

I just beat Dreadnought or whatever. Chapter 4 boss. Unlocked upgrades to weapons and stuff.

Lightning makes the game so much easier. :thumbup: It was so annoying with Hope on my team, to me, he's just another Tidus. I hated Tidus.

I just got up to here last night on my friend's PS3/FF13. I always have Lightning set to Commando to stop the stagger bar falling so fast, and use Ravager on whoever else is in party, HP falls, I have either Emo-Hope or Vanella (however you spell her name) set to Medic. Seems to be working well like that so far. :thumbup:

Popoto.~<3

Beat the game. I would do the endgame content, but then again I don't really feel like farming adamantai over and over and over. I would just hack my gamesave, except I bought the PS3 version because my 360 RROD'ed. :x ... and yeah, apparently the saves for the PS3 are encrypted. And the root key is under 8 layers of security similar to what the US military uses. REALLY Sony? How ridiculous. It's a game. Way to ruin my fun. Again, no thanks to the total grindfest of doing it legit.

Oh yeah, and I also found out the best CP training spot in the game can't be accessed after you beat the game. NICE ONE. Back to the Behemoth + wolf thingy spot? You know, or... not... I think this will be the first FF game I decide not to complete entirely. Probably because I'm not all that impressed by the storyline / gameplay to begin with. It feels like they spent all of their time on the graphics like EVERYONE ELSE these days are doing. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Well... 13 was a bit of a disappointment to say the least. My favorite thing was probably the challenging fights. Out of all the numbered Final Fantasy games, this one gave me a lot more game overs than the others. Really sucks that they didn't give much side quest material. I loved spending 200 hours maxing out on 12.

Ya pretty much all the endgame content is grind to max level, do the missions, spend an insane ammount of time farming those jamassive turtle things for gil, and finally upgrade weapons to ultimate versions. Not much awesome sidequest content like 12's Gilgamesh. That was full of win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm stuck on Zodiark in FFXII with a 74 76 81 Heal/DPS/Tank party structure :/ Collecting all the espers is how you unlock the final hunt, right? (After completing all other hunts) Or am I mistaken on that??

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I think you have to beat all the other hunts, kill Omega Mark XII (I think that's it, the one in the Great Crystal) and also kill that super epic dragon in the Sochen Cave Palace.

Don't quote me on it, though. I haven't played the game in ages and I never did the above things.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I've beaten every hunt but the final one. Zodiark is the only esper I don't have. The Sochen Cave Palace dragon? hmm...is that by chance the secret boss in Hall of the Wrath God (name might be off). Yeah, I'm currently stuck trying to figure out that door's puzzle as well. I played around with my party structure, 2 dps (1 of which had Lure on at all times) and 1 healer I almost beat Zodiark. MP issues and lack of elixers caused my death -_-

Wouldn't happen to know any mobs that I could kill/thieve for elixers do you? (Ultima ate my elixer supply >.<)

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

For Yiazmat on FF12? Mark 50? You just need to beat the hell wyrm and complete the other 49, no other requirements. As for MP issues, charge is your friend, seriously it may seem like a rather useless skill for hard bosses but it can be the difference between life or death.

Yeah, I use it often. I personally control my healer as well so that I can run around for more MP (something the AI can't do) It's just near the end of the Zodiark fight he switches immunities like crazy and likes to limit break as I'm either healing, buffing or charging.

As for the Hell Wrym, I haven't come across it yet, so I'll assume its behind the door with the weird puzzle. lol

For Zodiark I might just give my healing equipment to my 81 character and the 2 dps will be the 74 76. Fight will probably take longer, but oh well.

Lqt9R.png

Yeah, I use it often. I personally control my healer as well so that I can run around for more MP (something the AI can't do) It's just near the end of the Zodiark fight he switches immunities like crazy and likes to limit break as I'm either healing, buffing or charging.

As for the Hell Wrym, I haven't come across it yet, so I'll assume its behind the door with the weird puzzle. lol

For Zodiark I might just give my healing equipment to my 81 character and the 2 dps will be the 74 76. Fight will probably take longer, but oh well.

Yes it is behind the door. The hell wyrm has three things going for him. 1. He's strong, not as strong as other bosses but can hold his own. 2. He has a lot of HP, I never used items on yiazmat or hell wyrm, charge when I ran low on hp. 3. He's big, normally this wouldn't be a problem, but he'll block out your camera so you should set up good gambits to keep you healed.

Yiazmat is the same pretty much except he's stronger and has more life. Start out with normal buffs protect, shell, (you should be wearing bubble belts), as you drop him to about 50% don't bother buffing, just heal. When you drop him to about 25% don't bother healing, just revive your characters as they die. He'll be dealing long combos, too long to survive even at max hp. He is weak to dark (use dark elemental weapons don't bother with spells), and make sure you have windbreakers for his cyclone attack.

Both fights take awhile, we're talking hours and maybe even days. On Yiazmat you can leave and come back and he won't regain health. He'll use an instant death attack if he targets you and can't reach you, oh and he can petrify you.

I was about mid - high 70's when I took on Yiazmat, took me three days, almost died 5 times and did die once.

Yes it is behind the door. The hell wyrm has three things going for him. 1. He's strong, not as strong as other bosses but can hold his own. 2. He has a lot of HP, I never used items on yiazmat or hell wyrm, charge when I ran low on hp. 3. He's big, normally this wouldn't be a problem, but he'll block out your camera so you should set up good gambits to keep you healed.

Yiazmat is the same pretty much except he's stronger and has more life. Start out with normal buffs protect, shell, (you should be wearing bubble belts), as you drop him to about 50% don't bother buffing, just heal. When you drop him to about 25% don't bother healing, just revive your characters as they die. He'll be dealing long combos, too long to survive even at max hp. He is weak to dark (use dark elemental weapons don't bother with spells), and make sure you have windbreakers for his cyclone attack.

Both fights take awhile, we're talking hours and maybe even days. On Yiazmat you can leave and come back and he won't regain health. He'll use an instant death attack if he targets you and can't reach you, oh and he can petrify you.

I was about mid - high 70's when I took on Yiazmat, took me three days, almost died 5 times and did die once.

I remember that one ninja blade being very good against him, though I have forgotten what it's called.

2Xeo5.png

I remember that one ninja blade being very good against him, though I have forgotten what it's called.

Durandal I think?

EDIT: Yagyu Darkblade was what it was called actually.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Durandal I think?

EDIT: Yagyu Darkblade was what it was called actually.

All ninja blades are dark elemental, honestly I used the dark shot on one character and two store bought ninja blades on the others. My party was Fran (lead), Ashe, and Vaan. I had them both with a curaga hp < 70% (when you start healing when you're 70% you'll be like 30% when it gets charged), 1 casted protect while the other casted shell, mp < 10% cast charge, status: KO arise, attack party leaders target, I had other ones but I forget what they are, those are the main ones you'll want.

Cyclone is bearable though his first half but once he hits 50% it gets powered up and can 1 hit an unprotected team. You'll probably want to switch to the windbreaker just before he does cyclone and regular armor the rest of the time. Also if you don't use bubble belts be careful he can inflict disease, which bubble protects against.

/sigh, Looks like I have to go on another item hunt. Hopefully they aren't complex ingredients like Tournesol -_- hunting mats for that was a damn pain.

Lqt9R.png

Eh, most of my characters are melee, 3 dps my 81 dps tanks now, 2 healers, and 1 tank still in evade gear instead of damage. So I might just hunt for ninja swords.

Lqt9R.png

I just had all of my characters able to do everything. Equip every weapon, use every spell, get every buff. I used the auto leveling trick instead of grinding, netted me all the LP I need along the way, with like 40k left over.

Auto level trick?????????? Oh, btw, I usually play through the story before delving into the extreme extras, and me, failing to research, I have limited access to one chance to obtain items.

Lqt9R.png