Final Fantasy Discussion thread

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Interesting guide, heh. I might try that when after I get my main party to 99. That way I still spent some time personally training one party. The guide didnt tell me how to solve that annoying puzzle though. It's probably something small I'm missing, lol.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting guide, heh. I might try that when after I get my main party to 99. That way I still spent some time personally training one party. The guide didnt tell me how to solve that annoying puzzle though. It's probably something small I'm missing, lol.

Don't you think your avatar is a little...umm....flashy?

You must first kill vyraal and get your reward. Assuming you have already, go back to the place where you fought him and examine the front of windmill 10. The wyrm philosopher is sleeping there. He will wake up and trade you a key for the dragon scale you got as a reward. then go to the in the sochen cave palace. Go to the room called destinys march. You must come through on the east side. Then open the door of hours to the southwest. Continue opening only the doors of hours in a clockwise rotation, eventually coming back to where you started. This unlocks the door on the far west side. then run down and unlock the door with your key. There he is.

Gamefaqs is your friend, it knows everything you don't.

Don't you think your avatar is a little...umm....flashy?

If you're referring to the pink shirt, nope ^-^

@life mage, thanks for the help. Much appreciated :)

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Played 4-12. My favorite was 8, card minigame, junction system, gf, characters, it was all a blast :lol:

AMEN

I am kinda biased b/c my cousin gave me 8 one tim eb/c he got 2 copies and that was the 1st ever i had played, ff3 was stupid lmfao, 7 and 9 are oldschool even ive never really played them

I got X and XII and I have barely started them

FF13 is confusing lul

Though reading the summaries on the PS3 both 7 and 8 are 'you must save the world while finding out your mysterious past'

And I lol'd at how Biggs and Wedge help you in ff7 and the 1st misson yet you kill them in ff8 and fight them the first ever real boss battle

Does every1 hate Tidus b/c he is a whiny famous blitzball guy?

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Played 4-12. My favorite was 8, card minigame, junction system, gf, characters, it was all a blast :lol:

Well, if you take the kid who looks like Tidus in 13, I hear he makes Tidus look tough. :P

Lqt9R.png

i've never beaten ozma either lol

he's just a beast

It was all luck. I had Freya use dragon crest(9999 damage) and Vivi use Doomsday. He also had return magic, so he would do 9999 damage twice in one turn. Quina and Zidane were my healers. Quina had angel snack and Zidane was conpletly useless lol. My gear either absorbed or 100% nulled his doomsday, everyone had auto life and regan on too.

090603141743i.png

090603141749.png

090603141808.png

090603141812.png

:D

ARK IS AWESOME! But takes like a minute to summon. You wondering why Vivi got zombie, he's already max so I didn't take it off(lower your level, less damage you recieve from Necron). Zidane maxed too, so is Freya and Stiener. Quina needs more blue spells, but the ones I got the most useful.

Where did you get ff9 for the computer?

mck.pngMck.png

AMEN

I am kinda biased b/c my cousin gave me 8 one tim eb/c he got 2 copies and that was the 1st ever i had played, ff3 was stupid lmfao, 7 and 9 are oldschool even ive never really played them

I got X and XII and I have barely started them

FF13 is confusing lul

Though reading the summaries on the PS3 both 7 and 8 are 'you must save the world while finding out your mysterious past'

And I lol'd at how Biggs and Wedge help you in ff7 and the 1st misson yet you kill them in ff8 and fight them the first ever real boss battle

Biggs and wedge never get a break In VI they get completly vaporized, in VII they get blown up, in VIII you defeat them multiple times. (they show up later in the game to so they're still alive.)

And Tidus wasn't so bad, he was just annoying at times. Like any time at cut scene happened that had a huge impact on the plot, because he would just stand there. Atleast he's more important than Vaan, who contributed absolutely nothing to the story, he was just there.

Well, Vaan was the...er...um....comic relief???? O_o...wait, sorry, that was Balthier.

Lqt9R.png

Well, Vaan was the...er...um....comic relief???? O_o...wait, sorry, that was Balthier.

Balthier was the game. How did he end up on my secondary team? :mellow:

Anyway, Tidus is a douche. Always hated him, always will. Vaan wasn't thaaaat bad, not when you throw Penelo in next to him. >_>

And to whoever hated Hope, Vanille is worse, much, much worse. :ohnoes:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Balthier was the game. How did he end up on my secondary team? :mellow:

Anyway, Tidus is a douche. Always hated him, always will. Vaan wasn't thaaaat bad, not when you throw Penelo in next to him. >_>

And to whoever hated Hope, Vanille is worse, much, much worse. :ohnoes:

I never said Vaan was bad, he was a likable character, just he did nothing important, you could have left him out and not lose anything.

Yeah, Balthier and Fran as a combo was probably my favorite pairing. Since all the characters seemed to be paired together (Vaan+Penelo, Ashe+Basch, Balthier+Fran). My main party is Fran (81) Balthier (76) Ashe (74). Then secondary is Basch (66) Penelo (62) Vaan (53). Sometimes if fights were going easy I'd replace Vaan with Fran to get the other 2 levels with Fran tanking. So thats why There are 2 level gaps in my parties. (Main Party level gap isn't as bad as Vaan's lol.) I do llove the show Vaan puts on with his quickenings though :)

Lqt9R.png

Yeah they were better than Vaan's, but I'm a sucker for his Vortex (2nd quickening). Basch's Flame Surge (the swords) and Fran's Whipkick are my top 3. Ashe's Maelstorm close behind.

Lqt9R.png

Lol, I agree with the quickenings being obsolete. After about level 50 APR (average party level) I stopped. But they saved my neck a few times prior to that point.

Lqt9R.png

Lol, I agree with the quickenings being obsolete. After about level 50 APR (average party level) I stopped. But they saved my neck a few times prior to that point.

Saved me in one of the hunts or one of the bosses (Can't remember) I did. Might have been the Salikawood bombs. Anyway, I finally worked out that I'd be better off using spells. That's when the game changed for me. Formed my epic teams.

Main team:

Vaan - All around random character.

Basche - Fighter.

Ashe - Healer/Mage.

Backup:

Balthier: Random.

Fran: Fighter.

Penelo: Healer/Mage.

Around the same time Gambits stabbed me in the face and I got them completely, not just a 'Yeah, I sorta get them..' attitude.

#rpgformod

HA, nice. I didn't completely figure them out till after I beat the last boss a few times. I just played with full control, no gambits. Certain bosses WILL massacre you if you use certain gambits in a fight. Especially when Reflect and Reverse start flying around, Party got reversed once against Ultima b4 I could make my healer cast an AoE Black Magick on my party, the Curaja just utterly destroyed my party...seeing 3 9999's pop up that weren't green....yeah, not good. Stupid Gambits. good for grinding though. Better to go manual with bosses imo.

Lqt9R.png

It was all luck. I had Freya use dragon crest(9999 damage) and Vivi use Doomsday. He also had return magic, so he would do 9999 damage twice in one turn. Quina and Zidane were my healers. Quina had angel snack and Zidane was conpletly useless lol. My gear either absorbed or 100% nulled his doomsday, everyone had auto life and regan on too.

090603141743i.png

090603141749.png

090603141808.png

090603141812.png

:D

ARK IS AWESOME! But takes like a minute to summon. You wondering why Vivi got zombie, he's already max so I didn't take it off(lower your level, less damage you recieve from Necron). Zidane maxed too, so is Freya and Stiener. Quina needs more blue spells, but the ones I got the most useful.

Where did you get ff9 for the computer?

halp?

mck.pngMck.png

Baltheir was like the best character in XII, easily.

Tidus is annoying.

I still haven't decided who is more awesome out of Balthier and Auron.

#rpgformod

Well, I played revenant wings and that just reinforced my view that Balthier was awesome, so I don't know.

Auron was a good character though.

Auron was the only thing that kept me going until my game got screwed over and I couldn't get past Evrae.

#rpgformod