Mount & Blade: You conquer castles and stuff!

Azvareth

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Lord baby Jesus this game is AWESOME. It's so [bleep]ing hard, though. I can never keep from getting raped by sea raiders.

I wish there was a console version. My computer doesn't like this game. Which is strange. I have medium settings, and I have the recommended system requirements. :C

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Sweet Lord baby Jesus this game is AWESOME. It's so [bleep] hard, though. I can never keep from getting raped by sea raiders.

I wish there was a console version. My computer doesn't like this game. Which is strange. I have medium settings, and I have the recommended system requirements. :C

Stay away from the sea?

I always hang in the Kergit Kharnate, or whatever it's called. (Assuming kingdom names aren't randomly generated for each game)

Sucks not starting with a weapon because you're missing a point in STR. :(

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yeah, but there are always huge wars in the south for me. And I don't know why, but I get attacked by big ol' groups of lords and stuff.

I hate it being beaten into your face how badly you suck when you lose :c Attacking from a horse is also much harder than I thought it would be. It's also really hard to make money. Hurgh.

I hate when it gives you stupidly incorrect weapons. I had maxed out bows and one-handed weapons, and I got a two-handed axe with a crossbow on my last dude. I just restart when things start going bad.

Definitely playing s'more tomorrow. Gotta go to bed now, though. Stupid school.

Yeah, but there are always huge wars in the south for me. And I don't know why, but I get attacked by big ol' groups of lords and stuff.

I hate it being beaten into your face how badly you suck when you lose :c Attacking from a horse is also much harder than I thought it would be. It's also really hard to make money. Hurgh.

I hate when it gives you stupidly incorrect weapons. I had maxed out bows and one-handed weapons, and I got a two-handed axe with a crossbow on my last dude. I just restart when things start going bad.

Your starting weapons, equipment, and armour are determined by what you picked as your profession in the character creation process. If you picked squire, you get a crossbow, sword, and wooden shield. If you picked game poacher you get 2 furs and a bow I think.

Anyways, gonna go raid some more villages muwahaha.

I needed a really quick fix of this game, so I did a quick battle, and defended a castle siege. HOLY CRAP IT WAS EPIC. I killed ten of the 35 dudes we killed, and they only killed 25, but they got me, so we lost. It's really fun just to stand on the siege tower's little bridge and block, slash sideways, block, slash sideways...

Must buy must buy must buy.$30 on Steam so I expect maybe 40 on cd?Not bad I'll go scout around.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Nord is where it's at. The huscarls are so damn awesome.

Making money isn't hard. What I do in the beginning (I've restarted like 4 times) is head to the closest city, go to the arena and ask the guy there where the tournaments currently are. Then head there (your speed is like 8.4 when you're alone, so you run away from bandits with ease), bet 100 denars on myself each time, and win. I do that until I have around 15,000 denars, that's like 4 games. I've found that going: Steppe, Steppe, Squire, Revenge when creating my character gives me quite an upper-hand in the tournaments.

Anyway, after I've made some cash I buy myself some gear and a good horse, and then recruit a bunch of soldiers from the villages, as well as heroes from the cities and gear them up a bit. Level those up on bandits and deserters until a kingdom offers me to become a vassel, and that's when the fun starts. :)

2009rb9.jpg

Making money isn't hard. What I do in the beginning (I've restarted like 4 times) is head to the closest city, go to the arena and ask the guy there where the tournaments currently are. Then head there (your speed is like 8.4 when you're alone, so you run away from bandits with ease), bet 100 denars on myself each time, and win. I do that until I have around 15,000 denars, that's like 4 games. I've found that going: Steppe, Steppe, Squire, Revenge when creating my character gives me quite an upper-hand in the tournaments.

Anyway, after I've made some cash I buy myself some gear and a good horse, and then recruit a bunch of soldiers from the villages, as well as heroes from the cities and gear them up a bit. Level those up on bandits and deserters until a kingdom offers me to become a vassel, and that's when the fun starts. :)

What I usually do is start off, pick the faction I want to work for (just in my head, they don't offer it right away of course), then see who they're at war with. I recruit my army of 30 or so odd peasents and go and raid villages and steal their cattle and stuff. Eventually that kingdom starts hating me, and I get the option to plunder and burn villages instead of just demanding supplies from them. I do that for a while, taking all their stuff and selling it off, using the money to buy equipment and better troops, and then my trial period runs out. :cry:

Ah well, I should be getting this in a few days when the money gets to my paypal account.

What I usually do is start off, pick the faction I want to work for (just in my head, they don't offer it right away of course), then see who they're at war with. I recruit my army of 30 or so odd peasents and go and raid villages and steal their cattle and stuff. Eventually that kingdom starts hating me, and I get the option to plunder and burn villages instead of just demanding supplies from them. I do that for a while, taking all their stuff and selling it off, using the money to buy equipment and better troops, and then my trial period runs out. :cry:

Ah well, I should be getting this in a few days when the money gets to my paypal account.

Well if you want to make money, don't start out by picking a faction the first thing you do, since that faction is most likely at war with other factions. Since winning tournaments is the best way to make money fast, and it's pretty difficult to enter a faction's city that you're at war with. :)

Oh and I just conquered my first castle (Rhodoks) and my army is currently 105 man strong. I utterly wiped out their defense during the siege, I had only like 8 casualties or something (the Surgery skill rocks). And then they tried to take it back after I had left, so I returned and completely owned a Rhodok lord with an army of 128 - seriously, I had had one casualty. And I chased down the other lord who had only 48 men. That same lord rebuked me for "stealing his castle" as well, since it was apparently his originally. Oops.

So now there's 2 lords rotting away in my garrison, accompanied by a bunch of sergeants and lancers and stuff.

My henchmen don't seem to like me very much though... since two of them left me today. :P I'll get 'em back if I see them in a tavern later.

2009rb9.jpg

Well if you want to make money, don't start out by picking a faction the first thing you do, since that faction is most likely at war with other factions. Since winning tournaments is the best way to make money fast, and it's pretty difficult to enter a faction's city that you're at war with. :)

Oh and I just conquered my first castle (Rhodoks) and my army is currently 105 man strong. I utterly wiped out their defense during the siege, I had only like 8 casualties or something (the Surgery skill rocks). And then they tried to take it back after I had left, so I returned and completely owned a Rhodok lord with an army of 128 - seriously, I had had one casualty. And I chased down the other lord who had only 48 men. That same lord rebuked me for "stealing his castle" as well, since it was apparently his originally. Oops.

So now there's 2 lords rotting away in my garrison, accompanied by a bunch of sergeants and lancers and stuff.

My henchmen don't seem to like me very much though... since two of them left me today. :P I'll get 'em back if I see them in a tavern later.

First time in a tournament I got to the second last round, where you only have 1 ally. We both got bows, and our two opponents got horses, shields, and 1h swords. [bleep] that.

Then I did another one on a different account, and got to the last round, and ended up facing off against a mounted opponent with a shield and a lance, while I was on foot with an axe.

Needless to say, I don't do tournaments anymore.

I have a good save going now. ^_^

First tournament was pretty good, half one on one battles, half two large teams with swords and shields. Last one was a two on two with shields and axes, and the next fight was four teams of five. I had a few hired men and we all had bows, while everyone else had axes, and one team was full of horses. WTF. It was crazy.

I had a three-hour battle today. I invaded a village, thinking I'd have to fight maybe ten dudes, and my army of five could take them. Wrong. I was attacked by 58 guys and gals, but I killed 43 and took fifteen hostage. They killed all my army in seconds, but I just ran back and forth with my axe. Now I have as large an army as I can have (like 25?), all Nordic regular troops or better, some great equipment for me, and I'm only level 4 :D

So now I'm running around conquering everyone but Nords and the V-guys. I always just charge in on my horse with my claymore and hack away until my guys get there, and then it's domination. ^_^

First time in a tournament I got to the second last round, where you only have 1 ally. We both got bows, and our two opponents got horses, shields, and 1h swords. [bleep] that.

Then I did another one on a different account, and got to the last round, and ended up facing off against a mounted opponent with a shield and a lance, while I was on foot with an axe.

Needless to say, I don't do tournaments anymore.

Really, regardless of what weapon you get, the tournaments are piss easy. If you get an opponent on a horse with a melee weapon, while you get a bow... just trick the AI into running into a corner and he'll horse around there for a while (laugh record). Then just shoot the horse until it dies and he'll be easy to pick off after that.

If you get a melee weapon and no mount vs. an opponent with a mount - when he charges against you, just jump up and smack him off the horse (he will die). It takes like two good hits or something.

Seriously, I have never lost a tournament. They are incredibly easy.

2009rb9.jpg

Is there any way to choose your weapon in tournaments? -.-

I hate bows :-#

No, but I've noticed certain factions' cities will make you more likely do get certain weapons. Nords are more likely to give you axe and shield, Vaegir more likely to give you horse and lance (I think?), Swadian more likely to give you either sword and shield or a two-handed melee weapon etc.

Bows are easy though! Just hit 'R' and then shift to zoom, aim slightly above the head.

2009rb9.jpg

Seem like a nice game, downloading the demo atm.

As one who likes strategy games, it's hard to find the good ones... But this seems really cool. (also looking forward to Total War)

I'll return once i've tried it out.

P.S Azvareth: (http://www.spelbutiken.se/catalog/produ ... de--for-pc, dunno if you already got the full version... But a nice deal)

Edit: Oh, ahaha... It's not a strategy game. When i skimmed the posts in this thread it seemed like it.

*back to tutorial*

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

As one who likes strategy games, it's hard to find the good ones... But this seems really cool. (also looking forward to Total War)

P.S Azvareth: (http://www.spelbutiken.se/catalog/produ ... de--for-pc, dunno if you already got the full version... But a nice deal)

You can also command your soldiers during battles (stand your ground, advance, fall back, charge, follow me, etc.) it's very cool. You can also do different kinds of battle formations but I haven't really looked into that yet.

I've already got the full game, but thanks anyway. I got it immediately after being blown away by the demo. Got it for 7.5eur too (it was 75% off through Steam). :)

2009rb9.jpg

You can also command your soldiers during battles (stand your ground, advance, fall back, charge, follow me, etc.) it's very cool. You can also do different kinds of battle formations but I haven't really looked into that yet.

I've already got the full game, but thanks anyway. I got it immediately after being blown away by the demo. Got it for 7.5eur too (it was 75% off through Steam). :)

Yea the troop formations are a mod for the game, lemme go see if I can find it.

Oh, and are you playing on default difficulty Azvareth? I'm on like 80% atm.

edit: Here's the mod: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,34685.0.html

And the mod without morale effects: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,34685.msg1044622.html#msg1044622

Oh, now that you mention it I remember the troop formations being in the Native Expansion mod. I thought it was in Native as well, for some reason - my bad.

I have no idea what difficulty I play on, haha. I just hit "OK, OK, OK, LET'S GO!". This might be a pretty solid explanation as to why I am utterly obliterating forces that are like 50 men larger than mine... :P Adding this to tomorrow's to-do list.

2009rb9.jpg

Oh, now that you mention it I remember the troop formations being in the Native Expansion mod. I thought it was in Native as well, for some reason - my bad.

I have no idea what difficulty I play on, haha. I just hit "OK, OK, OK, LET'S GO!". This might be a pretty solid explanation as to why I am utterly obliterating forces that are like 50 men larger than mine... :P Adding this to tomorrow's to-do list.

Yea I think default difficulty is like 57% or something, with 1/2 or 1/4 damage to player. Still pretty hard early on, but once you start to learn the game it becomes a cake walk. You play with realistic saving or can you quit without saving? Realistic gets to be a bugger sometimes, like I had to fight 3 mountain bandit groups one after another, each one with at least the same amount of troops as mine. Got the first two fine, but for the last group I had only 4 men left able to fight, and they were like, tier 2 rhodok troops. Still managed to kill a bunch, got killed when they had 3 guys left. They took me prisoner, eventually I escaped, and attacked their 7 guys immediately to get my velvet and iron back haha.

Oh, and interesting little gameplay tidbit I found out: If you're defeated in battle, and the enemy takes you prisoner, any prisoners that you had previously are added to their party. In the case of the bandits I had a few looters and a peasant woman as my prisoners, and when I engaged them again (after I had been captured and escaped) the looters and peasant woman were fighting for them!

Tbh I think it's little things like that that turn a good game into a great one. Shows you how much they've worked on it.

Wow I feel stupid now. I changed everything to 'Normal' and now I'm up at 80% - and goddamn tournaments are pretty hard now. Especially if you get bow and arrow each round. I still own in regular skirmishes though! This is way funner though, since it was ridiculously easy to take over castles before.

Yeah, I play with "quit without saving". :P I don't wanna overdo it!

2009rb9.jpg

Wow I feel stupid now. I changed everything to 'Normal' and now I'm up at 80% - and goddamn tournaments are pretty hard now. Especially if you get bow and arrow each round. I still own in regular skirmishes though! This is way funner though, since it was ridiculously easy to take over castles before.

Yeah, I play with "quit without saving". :P I don't wanna overdo it!

Yea I was thinking you must be like some god at the game or something.