Mount & Blade: You conquer castles and stuff!

Azvareth

^

[hide=]It was £9.50 on amazon.co.uk last week, isn't expensive.

Man this game is so good. Do you get randomly placed at the start? I was started in the nord area so i've become one. Addicted to this game, got it wensday and im already level 29 :oops: .

I'm a vassel of the Nords now, Love having my own herald and things, its nice that your heroes and troops have the herald on any of their gear that can have it on too.

Stupid swadians keep seiging my castle, but ive stuffed it with huskarls and elite archers, and an army of 400 against my 120 got downed,they didn't manage to get off the ramp and into my castle, the area was just stuffed with my huskarls and me swinging in and killing them before they could swing at us.

My casualties total : 26

Theirs: 184

They didn't stand a chance.

But our Nord army is incredibly weak atm because of the swadians, their was a mass battle when about 80% of both our armies were in one huge battle, it was 1k+ vs 1k+. Took me at least 2 hours to do that battle, died in the third fight, but had weakened them enough to win overall, but we were still massively weakened. And now the Vargeas (sp?) are taking advantage of it and wiping us out from the other side.

I've been captured aand lost my army so many times now i've totally lost count, and they keep stealing my gear when they capture me, i stole a masterwork bastard sword off an enemy, and got it stolen off me #-o .

Yah this game is incredible.[/hide]

Thats what makes it fun. It's never the same thing twice and every randomly generated thing is notweworthy. It's also great to go from lone wanderer to king.

P.S. How does £9.50 translate to USD?

Probably 15 USD max with todays rates, but its really not much.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

300 day game going on, vassel of khergits. Got three vassels. We're at war with the Nords, blues, and green. And allies with the oranges. Which is good because I need a safe front that I don't have to worry about.

Otherwise, I'm about level 30. I have a near-full awesome 92 army. 45 Lancers, 20something Vet Horse Archers, 15 Swadian Knights, 2 Man at arms, Couple rhodok sharp shooters. Oh yeah and I have like level 5-6 trainer, so I just put that army in my castles and let them be low-maintnance, and just chill at my castle\fiefs while my trainer brings tribesmen up to lancers\horse archers.

I completely destroyed the Vaegers, but they mustered up a force of around 600 men (can't handle that .. ), and recaptured like two cities and about 3-5 castles :(. Oh well. We still have Curaw that -I- took from them heh.

Oh, and I have the best armour there is and like 275 2h profiency. >_>

300 day game going on, vassel of khergits. Got three vassels. We're at war with the Nords, blues, and green. And allies with the oranges. Which is good because I need a safe front that I don't have to worry about.

Otherwise, I'm about level 30. I have a near-full awesome 92 army. 45 Lancers, 20something Vet Horse Archers, 15 Swadian Knights, 2 Man at arms, Couple rhodok sharp shooters. Oh yeah and I have like level 5-6 trainer, so I just put that army in my castles and let them be low-maintnance, and just chill at my castle\fiefs while my trainer brings tribesmen up to lancers\horse archers.

I completely destroyed the Vaegers, but they mustered up a force of around 600 men (can't handle that .. ), and recaptured like two cities and about 3-5 castles :(. Oh well. We still have Curaw that -I- took from them heh.

Oh, and I have the best armour there is and like 275 2h profiency. >_>

Are you planning to finish off the Vaegers?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'm doing my best. 20 minutes after I posted that 4 Vaeger armies (~300 men) sieged a castle of mine near Curaw, which they recently retook. I tried to get into it to get my best units (I had 20 Khergit skirms, 10 tribesmen, 25 lancers, 15 knights, and some Khergit horsemen while the castle had more lancers, and 25 veteran horse archers and some mercs), but they caught me and I had to fight with the weaker army. I COMPLETELY demolished them. I took less then 10 losses, and gained more than 100 reknown, and was able to upgrade bunches of the troops.

Then i just took Curaw and so I'm seeing how things go from there.

omg thank god for autosave

i played for about an hour today, got my first castle given to me after i rescued my king and another lord from it, put a garrison of about 35 in there, then i went to try take another castle that was taken from us, i had 84 units in my party, then i get a message saying these bastards from kergit were besigeing my castle, so i had to rush back, got intercepted by a part of 85, beat them, took me down to 71 troops, i get to the castle and try to defend it...104 vs 428, i killed about 60 before i got k0'd, then watched as my army got owned, as soon as i was taken prisoner i was like f*** this and switched off my comp

when i load it up again ill probably just let them take it if no1 helps me, then take it back from them again

i hate kergits!

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

its so annoying when i try to take over a castle and sum1 comes to defend it, i can usually take about the castle and 1 other party, any more and im stuffed, but i cant get anyone to follow me, do you need renown or honour or do they just have to like you enough to follow you?

sword2di2.jpg

So you're saying no one likes you?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

haha well i just cant be bothered doing quests for people but i guess ill have to, i checked my character report and it says my only friend is the king, so im gonna see if he will follow me but i seriously doubt it

btw i just held off my castle with 109 troops against almost the entire swadian kingdom of about 570 troops, then the khergits came so the swadians left, after i killed about half of their army, then the nords came and wiped out both, saved me <3:

sword2di2.jpg

haha well i just cant be bothered doing quests for people but i guess ill have to, i checked my character report and it says my only friend is the king, so im gonna see if he will follow me but i seriously doubt it

btw i just held off my castle with 109 troops against almost the entire swadian kingdom of about 570 troops, then the khergits came so the swadians left, after i killed about half of their army, then the nords came and wiped out both, saved me <3:

If you keep gaining renown, eventually you'll be able to run for marshall, where the other lords will follow you around and help you in sieges (as long as they don't run off chasing caravans and farmers -.-)

I think my game was bugged when i was marshal. I kept trying to get the army to mass but they would never come, was really annoying. At first i was really regretting joining the nords because we lack to much on the battlefield having no cavalry, but now i'm seeing our weakness is our strength, having all our troops train specifically for being on foot is great in seiges, huskarls veterans and warriors rip through cavalry units when they don't have horses, so seiges are great for us.

Last night i totally wiped out the swadians, and was starting to think about stopping playing becasue we would so easily overpower the others it seemed pointless, but now i've had the thought 'this just got interesting' now i'm trying to restore the claimant to the throne, its added a whole new phase to the game (as if it hadn't taken so much of my life already :()

A tip for anybody else who tries it though, fill your party with the best troops from any of your garrisons before making an oath to the claimant because you'l lose all your towns/castles and the troops inside them.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

What i mean is that at the start you lose them all, as you become an enemy of the kingdom etc.

I was REALLy annoyed with my game, i wiped out the old nords still loyal to ragnar, and got lathwin on the throne, but, my game bugged and the chat after the nords were wiped out just had something like 'NO LINE!' where the chat should have been, and then once we were again a united nord kingdom, all the lords, including lahin were angry with me the first time i spoke with them. AND the quest wasn't finished.

zqXeV.jpg

What i mean is that at the start you lose them all, as you become an enemy of the kingdom etc.

I was REALLy annoyed with my game, i wiped out the old nords still loyal to ragnar, and got lathwin on the throne, but, my game bugged and the chat after the nords were wiped out just had something like 'NO LINE!' where the chat should have been, and then once we were again a united nord kingdom, all the lords, including lahin were angry with me the first time i spoke with them. AND the quest wasn't finished.

Yea the claimant quests are sometimes a little buggy. Let me go see if I can find a fix for you.

Edit: Oh wait..is it the "NO STRING" bug? If so, you're fooked.

Been playing the native expansion for the last few days. If you haven't yet, i urge people to try it, it is a very good expansion.

zqXeV.jpg

I now am the Marshall of the KK. :) And I can have 107 party members heh. Trainer is continually awesome, since I can just go and take some tribesmen, and whip them into horsemen\HA\lancers in a few days while chillin out max and relaxin all cool in Ismirla Castle (near Curaw; my only Castle, along with two estates, despite me having 1300 reknown). I'm continuing to take Vaegir prisoners and take down huge armies so heh.

This is all with the Easy difficulty though. I'm not good enough for medium methinks.

Medium isn't that hard, just expect to rely on archery more :lol: I don't think I've gotten into a hand to hand battle since a tournament since I turned it to medium, you can get destroyed by real armies so easy. But then again, I'm a very offensive player, so that might be the problem. I just like slashing like a giant lawn mower. Since I kill most anything short of a huscarl with one hit, not too shabby.

With the Rhodoks this game. I hate how they don't have cavalry. There should be some mod where when you become Marshalls you can control how your kingdom goes, you know? I mean, edit the units, mess with the economy. Would be fun.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Help needed here guys.

I bought MB through Steam. The problem is, I can't quite find the files to do the 'tweaks' they talk about here. I've looked through everything I could but everything seems to tell you how to patch the game, not change the files.

Maybe I'm missing something. Help? I need somebody.

Augh. Help. I've downloaded and extracted the Native Expansion mod, saved it to the modules section in my files, but when I load up the game, my only choice is still the original "Native".

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Help needed here guys.

I bought MB through Steam. The problem is, I can't quite find the files to do the 'tweaks' they talk about here. I've looked through everything I could but everything seems to tell you how to patch the game, not change the files.

Maybe I'm missing something. Help? I need somebody.

Try looking in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Mount&Blade\Modules\Native

Lent, when you open up the modules folder, it looks like this (obviously without the other mods there)?

[hide=]1bJat.png[/hide]

Then once you open up the Native Expansion folder it looks like this?

[hide=]1bKKN.png[/hide]

when you install a mod, does it run with your current game or do you need to start a new one

+ does the troop editor affect all saved games

Most mods are completely different from Native, and so require a new game to play. The troops editor (I believe) requires a new game to take into effect, though I'm not 100% sure on that one. It just modifies the troops.txt and parties.txt file.