Basketball coach wins 100-0 and is fired..

KnightLite

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

If the team is so bad, why are they in the same division? Maybe they should join a division of lower standards. Also, you don't tell your team to miss intentionally, it's a sport, you play all out until the game's over. Their faith should have nothing to do with this sport, other than the fact that they believe Christ gave them their abilities.

Well you don't have to intentionally miss, but you should tone it down a bit. I thought that most coaches don't like to run up the score, as it makes you seem like a jerk. If my hockey or football team is winning 6-0 or 52-0, then my coaches will tell us to take it down a notch.

You play till the game is over.

What team sports do you play? This isn't war mate, it's a recreational game.

Honestly when i played football or basketball we scored as much as we could as fast as we could.

Obviously with football you run the ball to take time off the clock but you never stop trying.

I don't think you were up against ridiculously bad teams then...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a difference between ensuring a good margin of victory and being a total jerk about it. A 100 point margin in basketball is a ridiculous disgrace. It would be one thing if they had won this by say 50 points but to keep scoring after there is no way the other team can even come close to catching up is pathetic. Seriously, you dont see anything wrong in winning any sport by that kind of margin?

Why is that a disgrace? What were the girls meant to do with the entire second half, just pass the ball between each other until the end?

intentionally make some bad shots, just try to maintain possession there are a few options here. If they stopped trying to run up the score early they would have been able to do something to show some decency. My school does the same thing for soccer(what world calls football), if we get up by more then 5 goals we either start playing possession or start testing different set ups or start putting jv players in. Im not saying they cant win a game by 30, 40, or even 50, but I dont see why they had to keep trying clear up to 100. The story says they had 59 points at the half so it appears they didnt slow down very much.

Intentionally shooting bad shots? That to me is a disgrace.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

I'm not sure, and I've only played competitive teams for basketball, AAU, Highschool, etc, but my coach takes you out if you don't give 100% effort 100% of the time, he doesn't care if you're down 50 or up 50, you play with urgency constantly or you sit.

21ed8x.jpg

I'm not sure, and I've only played competitive teams for basketball, AAU, Highschool, etc, but my coach takes you out if you don't give 100% effort 100% of the time, he doesn't care if you're down 50 or up 50, you play with urgency constantly or you sit.

So your up 50 with a minute left and your coach thinks that you should try as hard as you can to score instead of passing it around to run out the clock? In that case, your coach (and you for believing it) is a huge tool.

lope6jw0.jpg

So your up 50 with a minute left and your coach thinks that you should try as hard as you can to score instead of passing it around to run out the clock? In that case, your coach (and you for believing it) is a huge tool.

Yes, then apparently I'm a fool, he does believe in honor however, if we are up, and say we are up 50, we won't shoot it when the clock runs out, that doesn't mean we will just pass it around aimlessly though.

21ed8x.jpg

[hide=]

Yes, then apparently I'm a fool, he does believe in honor however, if we are up, and say we are up 50, we won't shoot it when the clock runs out, that doesn't mean we will just pass it around aimlessly though.

[/hide]

thats the difference, your team will let up. They scored 59-41 while that is a slow down in scoring it doesnt look like much more then fatigue and sloppiness because if your already up 75 I dont think you will shoot as well. The dominating victory is fine, the problem is the obviously lack of sportsmanship. Im sure these teams have played before and the coach should have known to start his jv or at least started putting them in once the score got 50-0 and up. I think we can agree a jv team playing its hardest would be better then the varsity staying on the floor if they are going to have this king of margin.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia.

Hello Friend,

People on forum board like picking out information that is convenient them. They fail to realise when competing against special student one need to be gracious to opponent. They play not in honourable manner.

It like playing a special kid in game of poker. Would you play to take all his money, and take advantage of 'special child' inability? I hope never. My mother Rashmi bring me up better than that.

Good Luck Bro.

Ranked #1 Farming in India.

Baby I Just Here to Spread the Love.

[hide=]

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia.

Hello Friend,

People on forum board like picking out information that is convenient them. They fail to realise when competing against special student one need to be gracious to opponent. They play not in honourable manner.

It like playing a special kid in game of poker. Would you play to take all his money, and take advantage of 'special child' inability? I hope never. My mother Rashmi bring me up better than that.

Good Luck Bro.

[/hide]

wow, sena just owned the thread.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

[hide=]

Hello Friend,

Good Luck Bro.

[/hide]

Nah, he's a troll. Look at his other posts. :|

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

[hide=]

Hello Friend,

Good Luck Bro.

[/hide]

Hello Friend,

You provide poor debate. You maybe not get privileged to go to school in hometown? I compassionate for your inabilities. It not your fault.

Good Luck Bro.

Ranked #1 Farming in India.

Baby I Just Here to Spread the Love.

[hide=]

Hello Friend,

Good Luck Bro.

[/hide]

The irony is delicious. Even if he is a troll, he's still a damn good one and I hope he never gets banned. His posts are too funny.

happysigbp0.jpg

The irony is delicious. Even if he is a troll, he's still a damn good one and I hope he never gets banned. His posts are too funny.

The truth has been spoken... :thumbup:

[Edit] Hmm, too late, banned.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Hello Friend,

Good Luck Bro.

Well, if he was willing to play, and knew how to play and the risks, I'd take a crack at winning the money knowing I could lose.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

:| Something tells me that most people here don't play team sports, and are gonna try to compare this to either war, or gaming (In both scenarios, you try and gain as much as possible). In a team sport you don't try to show off this much. Sure you want to be noticed just in case there is a scout or anything, but this shows poor sportsmanship of both the team and the coach. I know in waterpolo, when we had a large lead (like 6-8 points, which was rare), we would pass around the ball, and score once in a quarter.

Agreed. Even in soccer games, where the score differences generally never get that big (except in indoor), there is expected some level of curtosy when the game is ridiculously one sided. This generally manifests as an unspoken, and hidden (so as not to be insulting), rule among the winning team, such as a "only one-touch" rule, or maybe something like "only shoot from outside the box". If it takes breaking these rules every once in a while to make sure the other team doesn't know they're in place, then it's okay, but generally the unspoken rules created by the coach are to be followed at all times. These unspoken rules create both the kind of challenge that is necessary for a real match and a sense of sportsmanship towards the other team. It's like when the NBA player has some fun with the middle school kids- is he really going to be a jerk and go all out, or is he going to restrict himself (without saying so) to make it more fun for both teams?

So, ya, I don't think any of you play sports. This IS shameful, just not enough to fire a coach under normal circumstances.

I used to be amazing at soccer until high school came. :? I was always center mid and was never off at all during the game, I was actually that good lol. [bleep] you highschool. But anyhow, my team in general sucked. I was never able to get a goal because I'd get nervous and mess up badly but there was one more guy on my team who would get the goals every time for us and he was good at that, me and him would usually run up together and I'd try to get the ball to him. I had this thing where even though the poosing player would kick the ball flying past me to their teammate way at the other end of the field, I'd sprint and get to the ball at the same time they did. :lol: They;d be like "wtf?" :lol: Damn I wish I was still good at soccer. :evil: I was even bettre than my coach lol.

But I do remember losing a hell of a lot because our team was stacked basically as bad as it could possibly get. This was in a small town but the person in charge of the whole thing has a team of her own. :roll: Guess what, it was so stacked that they never ever lost a game ever. :roll: And yeah I gotta tell you it's really humiliating losing all of the time because of bull [cabbage].

Off topic: I hadn't played soccer for 3 years in the time of grade 8-highschool years and then finally for gym class we did soccer and I couldn't get it from anyone! :( I'm so bad at the sport now it makes me sad. :cry:

:lol:

Yes, then apparently I'm a fool

Thats all I was looking for.

Dude, I miss you Jackalope! :P It's been forever. Especially the Christmas Tifa avatar.

So, ya, I don't think any of you play sports. This IS shameful, just not enough to fire a coach under normal circumstances.

I'd get a stern lecture if I'd of let my athletes do that. But remember that it *is* a Christian school and they have higher standards in their educators than most public schools. If you are going to have people directly paying you for education you need to set the bar and emphasize that all of your staff are professional.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

"It is shameful and an embarrassment that this happened. This clearly does not reflect a Christlike and honorable approach to competition,"

What a contradiction. Someone clearly does not know what competition is. And firing someone for a ridiculous reason like that does not reflect a "Christlike and honorable approach to administration", does it?

"It is shameful and an embarrassment that this happened. This clearly does not reflect a Christlike and honorable approach to competition,"

What a contradiction. Someone clearly does not know what competition is. And firing someone for a ridiculous reason like that does not reflect a "Christlike and honorable approach to administration", does it?

Very valid point, I think firing someone for winning is a bit extreme.

21ed8x.jpg