Godsword Vs. Whip

aggieb

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Good old fashioned arguement of "Whip > Godsword" is starting to get on my nerves now. I recently bought my first godsword, primarily for Saradomin God Wars. I've learned just how strong Godswords are, I just don't get how people come up with a whip being better than a Godsword.

Experience: The worst part is the " Experience Rate " arguement, lol this may be the most ridiculous thing ever. I mean really my rates are basically identical when using Bandos Godsword and an Abyssal Whip. I mean I haven't tested it but I honestly thing my rate could be greater with a Godsword. (Although not positive on that one)

Price: This one I get, most people don't feel like shelling out 20m+ for a Godsword, but I actually do believe that that's pretty logical. 20m is quite a bit to shell out on a weapon.

Runescape is about entertainment, and quite frankly I have a great deal more fun playing Runescape with a Godsword than I do with an Abyssal Whip. Isn't that what it's about or am I mistaken, who honestly enjoys powermining? Not many people, right? Now how many people enjoy things like God Wars, Slayer, PvP, BH, Etc.

In conclusion, I just figured I'd vent that lol. I just feel that these are a few overlooked things in GS's. :o

Aggieb.png

Whip Drops: 24Dragon Boots: 146

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experience: The worst part is the " Experience Rate " arguement, lol this may be the most ridiculous thing ever. I mean really my rates are basically identical when using Bandos Godsword and an Abyssal Whip. I mean I haven't tested it but I honestly thing my rate could be greater with a Godsword. (Although not positive on that one)

Your arguments:

Price (Godsword loses, your trying to say it isn't a big deal)

XP (You haven't tested it, but you *think* godsword is close. I HAVE tested it, and it's nowhere close)

Fun (Nothing can be proved; if you find spending more to get less XP fun, so be it)

Wow.

[hide=]There needs to be some sort of age requirement on tip.it. Say, anyone under 10 would be removed.[/hide]

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'm more of a PvP type person, I love using godswords because the high hits and specials are cool. I sold my SgS before the huge drop (because my sixth sense told me to) and used the cash to merchant.

I do Castle Wars a lot.

I tried out a setup with a whip/defender, dds, dspear, rune cbow and 500 broad bolts.

WORKS MARVELLOUSLY!!

The whip is fairly accurate with my stats, compfreak has some calculations which prove the efficiency of a whip.

With a whip, i can tear away at a flagholder faster than i can with a godsword.

( dds specials can hit really hard, i hit a 34-36 to one-hit ko a flag holder)

The only useful gs special I see for castlewars is the Zgs and the Bgs because their specials have significant effects on the flag holder.

This is a PvP perspective.

On slayer tasks, a PvM point of view, I use whip/defender and the SgS for specials.

The whip simply trains faster and gets the job done quicker than a godsword would.

Ags is just for sexy hits, which i'm about to get =P~ .

E: wow compfreak already posted on this while i was typing.... :lol:

Your arguments:

Price (Godsword loses, your trying to say it isn't a big deal)

XP (You haven't tested it, but you *think* godsword is close. I HAVE tested it, and it's nowhere close)

Fun (Nothing can be proved; if you find spending more to get less XP fun, so be it)

Wow.

[hide=]There needs to be some sort of age requirement on tip.it. Say, anyone under 10 would be removed.[/hide]

I'd rather have fun than get xp, which is why i do Castle Wars. But the whip/defender gets the job done. But really, i use a dds/dspear and, at some times, a rune crossbow over a whip (simply because i need to use the dds/dspear for specs, and cbow for pro melee people). But I have noticed the difference between the godsword and a whip.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

I'd rather have fun than get xp, which is why i do Castle Wars. But the whip/defender gets the job done. But really, i use a dds/dspear and, at some times, a rune crossbow over a whip (simply because i need to use the dds/dspear for specs, and cbow for pro melee people). But I have noticed the difference between the godsword and a whip.

Fun is realities. But what could make a godsword 'funner'? Here's what I've come up with:

Pros:

Higher hits

More respect

Cons:

You get owned by whip people

Get less XP

Spend lots of money on a worthless, dropping item

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Tell me did you just get this godsword? The "funz" will wear off.

i first touched a godsword in july and we have had funz ever since.

Fun is realities. But what could make a godsword 'funner'? Here's what I've come up with:

Pros:

Higher hits

More respect

Cons:

You get owned by whip people

Get less XP

Spend lots of money on a worthless, dropping item

everytime i touch a godsword, i somehow end up merchanting it. basically, i end up selling it for more than I got it for.

It's probably luck.

I got a saradomin godsword for 45m before it rose, i used it for several tasks and i sold it for 48.3 and it crashed the next day.

If i get lucky with ags specials, then whippers can be kissed goodbye. But other than that, I might get owned.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

Two things, I'm not sure how to Quote as I'm fairly new to the TIF's, but the comment about me being 10 years old was completely uncalled for. I also see know reason why you would say that compfreak. Oh well though I'm not willing to start a flame war with you. Pure, I have had for over a week now. I use for training strength with slayer when I can, and I use a whip for defence when I can not.

Aggieb.png

Whip:

More EXP(You may feel better because of higher hits, but 2 whip hits to 1 GS hit. Unless you hit constant 40+, you get much less exp)

Faster Hits(Important against any non melee armor users)

Cheap(Stable price)

GS:

Quick damage, good for sudden KOs

Looks good

More bonuses from void.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I prefer Whip over any Godsword. Mainly because I cant afford a Godsword -.- , but still, theres a reason.

Whips are faster than Godswords, and have a higher hit per second ratio than any Godsword. Whips are also tens of millions of gp cheaper. The most expensive weapon I would buy would be a Saradomin Sword (unless something better comes out).

The good things about Godswords are that they can train Strength (a major con in whips), have great specs, have a good +8 prayer bonus, and you can make a lot of profit lending them out.

I would buy a Saradomin Sword rather than a Godsword because all I would need is the Strength training. I can use the leftover money to buy a Dragonfire Shield to go along with my Whip, and Bandos / Armdayl armour.

So, I say, WHIP.

Good old fashioned arguement of "Whip > Godsword" is starting to get on my nerves now. I recently bought my first godsword, primarily for Saradomin God Wars. I've learned just how strong Godswords are, I just don't get how people come up with a whip being better than a Godsword.

A gs is nowhere near comparable in terms of damage output to a whip on normal monsters. However, even in pvp a whip is going to vastly outpace a gs just due to weapon speed. Godswords are basically only good for boss monsters and specs. Even when I'm slaying something like specters with pro-mag on, I'm still much more likely to use a whip/defender combo than my sgs despite the gs's large prayer bonus (but I take the sgs along for specs, of course).

Even when I'm slaying something like specters with pro-mag on, I'm still much more likely to use a whip/defender combo than my sgs despite the gs's large prayer bonus (but I take the sgs along for specs, of course).

A gs is nowhere near comparable in terms of damage output to a whip on normal monsters. However, even in pvp a whip is going to vastly outpace a gs just due to weapon speed. Godswords are basically only good for boss monsters and specs. Even when I'm slaying something like specters with pro-mag on, I'm still much more likely to use a whip/defender combo than my sgs despite the gs's large prayer bonus (but I take the sgs along for specs, of course).

IMO that's just a bad decision, the prayer bonus is significant on a task like that, saves a bit of money on prayer pots, and you could always rent your whip while not using it.

Aggieb.png

Even when I'm slaying something like specters with pro-mag on, I'm still much more likely to use a whip/defender combo than my sgs despite the gs's large prayer bonus (but I take the sgs along for specs, of course).

IMO that's just a bad decision, the prayer bonus is significant on a task like that, saves a bit of money on prayer pots, and you could always rent your whip while not using it.

You would get kills faster with a better weapon (whip) and use less prayer. Whip rent is 3k/h.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

You really think so, you think you'd get faster kills? Maybe, but you could have to bank again for more prayer potions, blows huh?

And you don't have to with the SGS? Might I remind you that an SGS spec takes full special bar, so it is once every 5 minutes. Even if you hit like 60 (I dunno if it's possible, but still), are 15 prayer points enough to last you 5 minutes? It's just enough for maybe a minute or 2. Besides, nobody guarantees a good hit. Do you really enjoy speccing a 2 and then having to chug down an unplanned prayer dose because of that?

Game_Proffy.png

Simple.

My max with Abyssal Whip on Slayer Tasks is 42. With a GodSword its around 56-57. (Non-spec) We'll take 57. I get 3 Whip hits by the time I get 2 of a GodSword. Assuming all three whip hits were max and all 2 GodSword hits were also max, my total damage with whip will be 42*3 = 126 and my total damage with GodSword will be 57*2 = 114.

Thats not all, using a whip allows me to have a shield slot open which can grant me accuracy/defence/prayer bonus.

To above poster, SGS spec bar takes 50%.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

I don't get these discussions. It's very simple, no matter how much better or worse a godsword is compared to a whip, why not just use what you prefer? Myself, I have both a whip and a bgs, and I like using them both for different matters.

I've used both and I liked them both, however I found that many slayer assignments require an offhand of some sort so I couldn't use my godsword. However when I did use my godsword I hit harder and more accurately than the whip. I find that in pvp and when I could use pve I enjoyed using the godsword more than the whip so it really boils down to whether you are training slayer and if you value experience over having fun. Besides, chances are if you have a godsword you can more than likely get your hands on a whip ;)

The_Stand.png