d claws vs. godswords

tigershelby2

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Dragon Claws are only good for their special attack. For normal damage they are more like Dragon Scimitar Use them at PvP, duels and Boss trips.

Godswords have moderate specials (when compared to Dragon Claws) but they have high accuracy when hitting normally and you can use them on Slayer tasks.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

godswords beat dclaws at mh, slayer + normal training, minigames and the "impressive factor". Dclaws *debateably!* beat gs at pking and cost.

gs > dclaws

D claws are better than GS for training anyway; as sadukar said it's like a d scim without the rune defender. Whip beats GS (and claws) for training, boss hunting, and minigames and is very cheap; so that's not a valid argument. D claw special owns in PvP. Everyone and their grandma owns a godsword these days, but d claws are a rare novelty.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D claws own everything. They own all godswords, their special will KO your opponent 80% of the time, it owns for boss monsters, it is extremely powerful, it owns, it kicks [wagon], it rocks, its spec is great for training, it rules, it is fun as hell, its awesome, its cool, its sweet, it KOs your opponent 80% of the time, you'll get rich off PvP with them, you will dominate PvP, you will be worshipped like a god, hot girls will want to go out with you, you will look like a beast with those beastly claws, you can lower Jad's hp by over a 100 in 2 specs easily, it looks cool, it rocks, it pwns all nubs for breakfast, it owns, its fun, it KOs your opponent 80% of the time, it KOs your opponent 90% of the time, it KOs your opponent every time, it rocks, it pwns, it'll pull the chicks, you can KO those chicks, it rocks, it pwns, it owns, and did I say it pwns?

Just because I hunt TDs doesn't mean I'm price manipulating lol lol lol

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

it really depends if you fail to ko your opponent with d claws your kinda screwed but godsword can ko throughout although i dont recommend any other than ags

imo combine a cheap godsword with claws for the most effectiveness pking

It's not opinion, it's FACT. Whip+Defender is always better than Godsword.

Nope.

What about a black demons task? i have always done them faster w/ whip

What about abbies? have a low defence, definately dont need a gs

What about nechrayel? lower defence than abbys

For just about anything that has a decent defence, the godsword > whip. The whips only saving grace over slower weapons is back to back hits, which rarely happen on those monsters.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

It's not opinion, it's FACT. Whip+Defender is always better than Godsword.

Nope.

What about a black demons task? i have always done them faster w/ whip

What about abbies? have a low defence, definately dont need a gs

What about nechrayel? lower defence than abbys

For just about anything that has a decent defence, the godsword > whip. The whips only saving grace over slower weapons is back to back hits, which rarely happen on those monsters.

Actually Abyssals have quite high defence, it's only the really monsters you could have a choice between GS and Whip.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

• 1 month later...

Godsword > D claws.

Claws only used for spec.

Godswords used for multiple things.

/thread

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

This is stupid.

The author asks whether Dragon Claws or Godswords are better. You say Whips are better. Sounds foolish?

~Lord Shalaj

You said godswords are better then claws on a slayer task. Whips are cheaper, better, and faster so I mentioned them.

So comparing bronze daggers to longswords you say the longs are better so does that mean its better to use them on a slayer task?

If the author had said "Dragon Claws vs GodSwords vs Whip", I would have said whip. Tell me, supposing you compare Karil leatherbody with Armadyl chestplate on one of the Tip.It comparison calcs, does a message pop up saying "3rd age is better you nub!"?

Stay within context. If they have asked a comparison between Dragon Claws and Godsword, and which is better out of those, there is no reason to bring an Abyssal Whip in between.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

You must be running a different version of Firefox or something then.

3rdage.jpg

Prism_Swords.png

This is stupid.

The author asks whether Dragon Claws or Godswords are better. You say Whips are better. Sounds foolish?

~Lord Shalaj

You said godswords are better then claws on a slayer task. Whips are cheaper, better, and faster so I mentioned them.

So comparing bronze daggers to longswords you say the longs are better so does that mean its better to use them on a slayer task?

If the author had said "Dragon Claws vs GodSwords vs Whip", I would have said whip. Tell me, supposing you compare Karil leatherbody with Armadyl chestplate on one of the Tip.It comparison calcs, does a message pop up saying "3rd age is better you nub!"?

Stay within context. If they have asked a comparison between Dragon Claws and Godsword, and which is better out of those, there is no reason to bring an Abyssal Whip in between.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

You must be running a different version of Firefox or something then.

3rdage.jpg

He must be running internet explorer :lol:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

• 2 weeks later...
Godsword > D claws.

/thread

Godswords loses to the whip. Open thread again please?

The title of the thread is "d claws vs. godswords" I don't see a w, h, i or p in there.

I would say godsword even though I have niether cos there only real use is for hitting high and there specs.

Claws spec is good but it is just 4 hits in 1.

Godswords hit hard and have 4 differing specs, all of which are good in there own ways.

I dont think people seriously train with either though.

perfetc_666.png

• 2 weeks later...
Godsword > D claws.

/thread

Godswords loses to the whip. Open thread again please?

The title of the thread is "d claws vs. godswords" I don't see a w, h, i or p in there.

I would say godsword even though I have niether cos there only real use is for hitting high and there specs.

Godswords hit hard and have 4 differing specs, all of which are good in there own ways.

i use a godsword to train strength.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

So.

Whip + Claws is cheaper than the average godsword, and probably more effective in most aspects.

O.O

r4ngewarlord, I'll be over here eating my words :lol:

Est0rrath, I agree with you but it is irrelevant.

If some body said do you want free d claws or a free godsword (niether of which you can trade again) which would you pick?

perfetc_666.png

I don't know this for a fact, but try d claw speccing a guy in like full torags and a crystal shield or something, compared to ags spec'ing them. Pretty sure the ags would do better as it has higher accuracy against the high defence torags.

I want to test that now...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I don't know this for a fact, but try d claw speccing a guy in like full torags and a crystal shield or something, compared to ags spec'ing them. Pretty sure the ags would do better as it has higher accuracy against the high defence torags.

I want to test that now...

D claws are also useless when not using the spec.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

r4ngewarlord, I'll be over here eating my words :lol:

Est0rrath, I agree with you but it is irrelevant.

If some body said do you want free d claws or a free godsword (niether of which you can trade again) which would you pick?

SGS as it'd be the most useful personally

rosssigfinal.jpg