Armadyl Guide

Zemus3654

Would Zamorak Vambraces be a better replacement for Barrows gloves?

By switching to Zammy Vambs, you lose 1 range attack and 6 melee def, but gain 2 magic def.

It is also a Zammy item, allowing you to free up 1 more slot by not bringing Unholy Book.

And as Cantristenon stated, a solo section would be nice.

Both Zamorak Vams and Unholy book are good, as i said i personally go with the unholy book so i can use on the minions because of the +8 range and +5 prayer, in the end it will all add up.

But yeah zammy vams are good too, similar stats to barrows gloves and it will save you an invent space, upto you really :>

Also i'll work on a solo section later then, thanks for the feedback

I'd say it's better to use barrows gloves and unholy book especially for duo. Simply because they offer better meleedefence and Kilisa won't hit you as often.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'd like you to give me advice on what to do...

I've got decent stats, 99 ranged, 85 defence, 73 summoning, but not much money. Currently my bank is valued at around 12m and the only pieces of a decent armadyl outfit I own are verac's helm, karil's top and karil's skirt. I'm currently barrowing for money so I can afford a fury. After that, would you recommend I try seeing if a team will accept me and gather money for the pro's armor via armadyl, or continue barrowing until I at least own one of the three big pieces (arma top/bottom/dfs)? Because finding a team that will accept someone below 90 def/without great gear is a bit difficult. The low defence will be fixed soon though :P

wl7w9j.png

I like your guide.

Were going as a clan is Tal Shiar this weekend were hoping for about 8 people was wondering what you suggest for us to wear most of us are going to try with the second set up but i thought i should ask you too.

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Very nice guide, wouldn't have thought to bring spikes to make more super ranged pots.

I'd love to do a long duo trip like that - I feel like my maxed stats and gear are going to waste haha. I never really got into team armadyl (so I never quite figured out what to bring), and in a lot of cases when I duo with people they last for less time than I do when I solo.

the boots should go rangers>jester>infinity...

jester are also +5 mage def and are 0 loss on death rather then 1m+

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Kersei, leech defence is good for one person in team. Leech range is optional, depending on whether you want to waste your prayer pots. Leech mage is helpful but not really worth the prayer drain.

Main important thing is that there's no use to have more than 1 person on leeches. Other should use normal prayers for better boost prayers.

Deflect range of course does occasional 1-5 damage on kree, not sure if it makes up the loss of better boost prayers.

Kersei, leech defence is good for one person in team. Leech range is optional, depending on whether you want to waste your prayer pots. Leech mage is helpful but not really worth the prayer drain.

Main important thing is that there's no use to have more than 1 person on leeches. Other should use normal prayers for better boost prayers.

Deflect range of course does occasional 1-5 damage on kree, not sure if it makes up the loss of better boost prayers.

Thanks, this makes sense.

Thanks, this makes sense.

I'd like to add that actually Sap mage is good prayer to use instead of leeches. You don't really need that extra defence you get from leeching, right? :) Also soul split can be used to heal on minions, although results in duo/trio are a bit luck based.

Void, why not? To weak?

Do you think I can duo with my stats? They're leveled for this very purpose (lost mem before getting range higher). Am I ready, or do I need to spend more time in the cooker? (summon is 20k exp from bunny btw)

Prism_Swords.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

good guide

wr1gly.png

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, well ive been taken a bit of a break from RS and havent logged onto these forums in a long time, didnt expect this to hit 26k views thanks guys :P

It is a little outdated too, ill be sure to update it over the week :)

zemus.gif

24th to 2496 Overall   ~  29th to 120 Dungeoneering

~ Wilderness Guardian since November 2007 ~

Any thoughts on using Full Slayer Helm for solo? +10 Mage def, +3 Range attack.

Another plus: You can wear Arma Top + Bottom without risking it (normally V helm protects over legs)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Took a bit of a break from scape, ok ill follow up on my word even if it is a few months old lol, reworking the guide now.

zemus.gif

Added solo gear sets, reworded most of the guide and fixed some stuff.

if you see anything else that needs updating or added, post a reply :3

zemus.gif