Offer house services here! [Webpage System]

Markup

Hey,

I've created a simple system to allow runescape players to offer their house as a service to other players. I acknowledge that a thread was dedicated to this, but I believe that the thread was not as efficient as a system such as mine could be.

You can use this topic if you are offering your house services or if you're requesting such services from other players!

Please use the template below for quick and effective post, and hopefully viewers will PM you offering or asking for an open house. :)

Offering Services:

RSN:

House Location:

Timeframe:

Server(s):

Construction Level:

How to Contact:

Additional info:

Requesting Services:

RSN:

Requesting:

Timeframe:

How to Contact:

Additional Info:

Examples:

RSN: misterxman

House Location: Rimmington

Timeframe: Weekends

Server(s): 99

Construction Level: 65

How to contact: PM me ingame, chat ON always

Additional info: I got all three combat rings, prayer altar, feel free to come fight random people, banner easiel open

RSN: misterxman

Requesting: Looking for a guilded altar to raise prayer

Timeframe: Eastern time, usually weekends

How to Contact: PM in forums or ingame (chat ON)

Additional Info: I'll provide herbs, this is a FAKE request made purely for example, so no need to PM me for altar :P

I have created a web based system using PHP and a mysql database. At the moment there is only limited functionality since I've only just started working on it (2 hours ish) and I am new to PHP.

At the moment you can:

Register

Submit a house service offer

Delete a house service offer

View house service offers

I am going to add:

Search house service offers (for fine tuned results)

Add Request a house service

More options to 'Submit a house service offer'

I am also going to work on:

The coding (very messy and vulnerable)

The web design

And your requests

System update

8th Feb 2009

Creating a page structure

Fixed some obvious vulnerabilities(thanks to Kyari)

Currently working on:

Flexibility

Page structure

If you find any errors, or if you have any suggestions, please post them in this thead. Thanks.

NOTICE:

Do NOT use your 'real' password on this website as it is very vulnerable as I am a poor coder at the moment.

How to use:

1) Visit: http://rs.foolplay.co.uk

2) Click on the register link

3) Enter in a username and password (Do NOT use your 'real' password on this website as it is very vulnerable as I am a poor coder at the moment.)

4) Go back http://rs.foolplay.co.uk

5) Login

6) Click on 'Offer your house?'

7) Fill in the details, an example is provided

8) Wait for pm's =]

To search for houses:

1) Visit: http://rs.foolplay.co.uk

2) Click on 'View house offers'

3) Find a match and pm them =]

For the people that don't know what it is, if someone needs to use something in someones POH and they don't want to go through the RSOF (Yes, it's that bad) they can use this to search for it. Or, atleast that's what I understand of it.

I've read it fully now, for searching, do you need to register and log in? I know personally that would detter me from using it as it takes time to register, and the RSOF would take less time, and also would just going to the house party world.

If you don't need to register an account just to search, i could see it being very useful, as only the people offering the the services would need to take the time, but what does it offer to those offering the services (does that sentance make sense) over other methods?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

This could be handy i you got alot of members,

Good job. ;)

Cheers. I'm to tired to write up a decent explaination of what it does.

I'm planning on buying 99 prayer sometime next week or the week after (When bones reach the price I want).

I don't have my own altar so this'll be handy if you do get alot of people.

For the people that don't know what it is, if someone needs to use something in someones POH and they don't want to go through the RSOF (Yes, it's that bad) they can use this to search for it. Or, atleast that's what I understand of it.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I've read it fully now, for searching, do you need to register and log in? I know personally that would detter me from using it as it takes time to register, and the RSOF would take less time, and also would just going to the house party world.

If you don't need to register an account just to search, i could see it being very useful, as only the people offering the the services would need to take the time, but what does it offer to those offering the services (does that sentance make sense) over other methods?

You do not have to register to search. The registration purpose is simply to stop bots spamming forms and taking over the system. (although this is still possible untill I implement CAPTCHA).

Edit: The reason you can not see any results at the moment is because no one has offered a service yet. But if you want you can create a 'fake' offer to see how it works/what it looks like.

Secondly, registration can take up to 10 seconds. And the login script features cookies (yum yum) to keep you logged in. I understand how you can find this slow.

I don't know how to word an answer to your last question. I believe that there is gain for those who offer the services other than for the company while they do their training.

Interesting idea indeed.

Im quite experienced with PHP so feel free to PM me if you need help with your code. Also, security is THE most important part of a site like this, telling others that its vulnerable is never a smart move, even if its true. Its like inviting people to mess with your site. I suggest you read up a whole lot on security since a login system is where a lot of people who are new to PHP make many mistakes that can absolutely destroy their site. Fix this now when your service hasnt actually got people using it, because later on you cant afford to have it all ruined. People wont return to a site once they know it isnt secure.

Good luck with it all.

Wouldn't it be easier to just use the RSOF event section? I might register to see how it works out. The trouble with this is that it requires advertising, and unless Jagex decides that they want to get rid of the rules for advertising websites, this might not reach 90% of the RS population.

120dgl.jpg

System update

8th Feb 2009

Creating a page structure

Fixed some obvious vulnerabilities(thanks to Kyari)

Currently working on:

Flexibility

Page structure

I need some help people. Before I can create a search function I need to add options so that people can enter in information such as 'I have a guilded alter' so that when someone is searching they can select 'Must have guilded alter'.

I need a list of what is most commonly needed from a POH.

Thanks.

High-end Telescopes for them Tubby hunters, perhaps?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

RSN:ieuanty

Requesting: guilded alter

Timeframe: enough time to bury 1.3k dragon bones

How to Contact: pm on tip it forum plz

Additional Info:umm pwetty pwease when i am 70 prayer i will happily go to gwd with ppl in 85 att 85 def 89 str 89hp i have little gwd experience but if the cash is as good as ive heard i will be very commited

Ieuanty.gif

ieuanty.png

drops worthy of note: karils top

slayer drops: 1 g maul 2 adamant boots