Things that annoy the hell out of you

Flodder450

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are made for little kids.

Venture Bros., The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. Those cartoons are directed to adults. And eventually you are gonna run out of reasons to hate anime and end up making yourself look bad.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Venture Bros., The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. Those cartoons are directed to adults. And eventually you are gonna run out of reasons to hate anime and end up making yourself look bad.

Look bad? You can't look bad for hating something, silly goose. Weren't we talking about Cartoon Network anyway? :?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I don't dislike Anime but it confuses me so much. I looked at the Anime thread here a while ago (Before Cad was banned) and I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about then gave up.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Look bad? You can't look bad for hating something, silly goose. Weren't we talking about Cartoon Network anyway? :?

The real subject was you hating Japan and anime for a pitiful reason. So if you hate something with a very weak reason then yeah you can look bad for hating something.

I don't dislike Anime but it confuses me so much. I looked at the Anime thread here a while ago (Before Cad was banned) and I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about then gave up.

Cad HAD to be banned. He made that thread feel like a war zone because he was WAY too much of a 4channer.

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Damn, lost my post, I'll try again.

Regarding how they look, some anime is designed to look weirder, if it is not to be taken seriously. Some offenders? Dragon Ball (and all in that franchise), K-ON! (they look a bit unrealistic I.E. too thin and such), and Lucky Star (dunno what to say).

However, those that are more plot driven generally look more realistic in the proportions. Such as Death Note, Clannad (well, mostly, though parts of it are designed for humour) and Elfen Lied (except to seperate the Di from Humans, in the hair colour, and the fact they have friggin' horns).

Gallade, in mentioning those, took it to deal more with the target audiences that we (I) are bringing up. Which appears to be teenagers. The Simpsons looks unrealistic with yellow skin. Family Guy? Well, it has a baby that is bisexual and wants to kill his mother, and well, a goddamn talking dog.

Tell me how western cartoons designed for roughly the same target audiences (age-wise) can differ so much from some anime.

I agree with Gallade on CAD, I kind of gave up on trying to read the thread when he posted often, since it was a load of bull.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I hate anime, but my reasons are rather offending. I'd rather you just think I didn't have a reason.

The real subject was you hating Japan and anime for a pitiful reason. So if you hate something with a very weak reason then yeah you can look bad for hating something.

Couldn't the same thing be said for liking anime for a pitiful reason? That's why I never understood arguments that are completely based off of our own personal subjective opinions and nothing more. He hates anime. You like anime. You are bashing him for hating it for dumb reasons, so may I ask what your great reasons for liking it are? And that's a rhetorical question, so don't take it literally and answer unless you really think your reasons for liking it are any better than other people's reasons for hating it.

I mean... I am in the right thread, correct?

People who when they type something add the last letter about 10 times. It pisses me off so much, especially if it's not a vowel. I'm ok with lengthening the vowels to show how you're saying it, but saying something like "farrrr" (second example I found on facebook, since the frist was [bleep]) is just stupid. How do you pronounce that, far are are are are? And to make a generalization that will piss people off; it's only done by really stupid girls and gay guys.

15cbz0y.jpg

The thing with anime though, there are a lot of different reasons to watch different ones.

For example, a pitiful reason for liking Elfen Lied? It has nudity, or even just watching it for the violence. That assumes you pay no attention to the story, and what it makes you think about at times.

The thing with it though, saying you dislike the artistic style in which anime is presented, well, that's a stupid reason. Different people have different styles. I'll bring up Death Note, everything seems to be in proper proportion. Surely there is no problem with that, and considering the characters look more realistic than the ones from say, The Simpsons, well, you can hardly argue there. Hell, I'll even go into the realm of manga, and there is a noticeable difference in the style of the authors of say D. Gray-Man, Dragon Ball and Death Note (I hate brining this up always, but I just finished the series, except for ones the site was missing). So really, bringing up the artistic style is a very bad excuse, since different people have different styles.

There is at least 1 anime series out there for everyone, they just haven't gave it a fair chance, or found it.

Saying that you hate all anime is a bit stupid too, since you haven't seen every anime series, and are judging it on one or two series, and judging from where Skully lives, that is likely DBZ, Naruto, Shaman King or One Piece, hell or perhaps even Pokemon.

Really, a great reason for liking it, is the same as any other T.V. show, it has a good plot, and/or it entertains you.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Couldn't the same thing be said for liking anime for a pitiful reason? That's why I never understood arguments that are completely based off of our own personal subjective opinions and nothing more. He hates anime. You like anime. You are bashing him for hating it for dumb reasons, so may I ask what your great reasons for liking it are? And that's a rhetorical question, so don't take it literally and answer unless you really think your reasons for liking it are any better than other people's reasons for hating it.

I mean... I am in the right thread, correct?

Ok here is the guy's exact quote containing reason for hating anime:

I do have a reason, it's sad, annoying and childish

This reason hardly has any decent proof to back it up. He doesn't tell why it's "sad, annoying, and childish". Now this is my pet peeve: People who come up with crappy reasons that hardly have any proof backing up the reason that is being used against said object. If he is gonna hate something he should at least give the reason for hate to have some form so we can see it from his point of view. But that reason has almost no foundation so I can't see the reason for hate from his point of view which means he's making stuff up just to annoy me and everyone else which makes him sound bad.

Who cares if he has a bad reason to hate it, it's not hurting you that he doesn't like it.

Edit: Beat by Wongtong on cruise control.

15cbz0y.jpg

Who cares if he has a bad reason to hate it, it's not hurting you that he doesn't like it.

Because it bothers me that he is making himself look bad. And I hate it when people look bad in the wrong setting. This is not the setting to be looking bad in.

Because it bothers me that he is making himself look bad. And I hate it when people look bad in the wrong setting. This is not the setting to be looking bad in.

... I have no idea what you just said...

15cbz0y.jpg

Fake drama and lack of realism makes them boring and just annoying.

You could say that about any western "reality" TV show though =/ It's not just the japanese.

And it's not just reality TV. Every other television show creates some sort of fake drama or sadness between the characters and come up with pretty non-realistic solutions to their problems as well.

No, shows like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon. They get all emotional, crying, brave over a deck of cards and unimportant stuff.

Then there are shows like Naruto an Dragon Ball Z that are just plain unrealistic. That's what I mean by lacking realism Racheya.

I hope I'm not the only one that read this as him describing his reason as being sad, annoying, and childish.

I think he's saying that it annoys him when people look bad, through their own misinformation.

Though the reason I will supply for myself is it annoys me when people give reasons that can only be based on a few things. Like those who say "Rap is bad because it's all about drugs, money and hookers." Which is stupidity in itself since not all of it is. I mean, if someone were to give a good enough reason other than what Skully gave, that being that it is "sad, annoying and childish" is completely stupid. Death Note is not designed for a child. It's about bloody killing, and the sides of "justice" and humanity. Clannad, well, it's not designed for children because, well, the plot is a major part. Hell, and show me a parent who would let a 6y/o watch Elfen Lied, which contains some graphic violence, swearing, and nudity, though those were really needed as far as the plot is concerned. Plus every kid would be crying during the scene with the puppy. I have never seen a show designed for children actually have a plot beyond "Good vs Evil" all others are designed to make you laugh really.

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, yeah they are anime, however, they are designed to appeal more to kids, I think, so using them as a base to judge all anime is stupid.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Ok I'll put it in words you can understand:

The subject is on "Things that annoy the hell out of you" right? And if you are going to talk about things that "annoy the hell out of you" then you will need a decent reason to talk about WHY that said object annoys the hell out of you so everyone reading the conversation can look on the other person's point of view and see how that said object can "annoy the hell out of you". If that said person comes up with a bogus reason then we won't be able to understand how he feels from his point of view. And if that happens we automatically think the said person is making stuff up which in turn makes him/her look like a moron. And people who look like a moron in the wrong mood and setting pisses me off!

EDIT: Sworddude beat me to it. Damn you're good.

Ehm, you don't HAVE to explain why it annoys the hell out of you. Seriously, cut the crap and let him hate 4chan (I think it all started from that) and anime, who gives a damn.

2j3qh46.jpg

Hey, weeaboo. You're not helping your case here. Now can it and quit filling the thread with whatever the hell you're preaching. You brought this on yourself when you posted that anime crap that "annoys you so much because he hadouken fails" or whatever. We get it, you enjoy that stuff. He doesn't. Neither do I. Take it back to your Nintendo and Japanese threads.

And skully, nice work feeding the troll there. Ya done a real good jaerb.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Ehm, you don't HAVE to explain why it annoys the hell out of you. Seriously, cut the crap and let him hate 4chan (I think it all started from that) and anime, who gives a damn.

Let me correct you. This discussion started from Skully hating Japanese things and anime with a very poor reason.

Can you see his point of view with a crappy reason like that? No. And if you can't see his point of view you will never know how it can annoy you. And I give a damn.

Let me correct you. This discussion started from Skully hating Japanese things and anime with a very poor reason. Can you see his point of view with a crappy reason like that? No. And if you can't see his point of view you will never know how it can annoy you. And I give a damn.

What do you honestly think will happen? Do you think that if you post enough, he'll suddenly have either a reason you like or an epiphany and suddenly love the japanimation? That's his reason, it's not going to change. So if you can't "see his point of view" or whatever you're trying to do now, you never will.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Yeah, but instead of giving a reason that is going to annoy people, it is better to give none.

If you basically refer to all anime in your reason, you are going to annoy people. Since all anime is not the same.

Maybe if he gave no reason, this would not have started. Instead, he also insults those who watch anime in his reason.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

This discussion is interesting and ontopic, so I guess tere's no reason to cut it. Just don't start flaming each other, OK? Name-calling makes you look like an [wagon].

Now, back on Topic, I have to agree with Gallade here ( :shock: ). Blanket statements like "I don't like Anime' because its childish" just show ignorance, probably due the lack of good animes in Western media. It's like saying "I don't like books because they're too cheesy and corny." I understand he might not like them, but as Swordude said, the reason he posted is a bit annoying.

This signature is intentionally left blank.