25th February 2009-Random Event Update and More

psvstef

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd much prefer 26 chaos, 4 sweetcorn seeds or 2 gold charms to 20 gp or a cosmic tali.

I thought there was going to be the option of a small amount of exp?

Anyway has anyone opened 2 or 3 boxes in a row? Just to check if banked boxes build up in value per each used.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'd much prefer 26 chaos, 4 sweetcorn seeds or 2 gold charms to 20 gp or a cosmic tali.

I thought there was going to be the option of a small amount of exp?

Anyway has anyone opened 2 or 3 boxes in a row? Just to check if banked boxes build up in value per each used.

It stays the same, the only way to change the rewards is by getting a higher skill total.

It would be interesting to see how much difference there is between 2,000 and 2,376 skill total though.

The option to choose a costume point, can anyone tell me if this is for existing costumes, or is there something new?

Only the old costumes and you have to do THAT random event to get points for that costume. (So no getting mime parts from frog rewards)

Retired random events

Some random events are no longer active, which in most cases is because the person (or creature) responsible was considered to no longer be up to the job. Most of the guardians, for example, now spend their days in the Enchanted Valley (which you can get to using the fairy rings), while some of the more unsavoury types, like Cap'n Hand, reside in Port Sarim jail. You'll still see Dr Jekyll from time to time, dashing to the Varrock apothecary in a desperate bid to keep Mr Hyde in check; and if you're in Karamja to the south-west of Brimhaven, you may come across the strange plant, which still produces rather excellent fruit. The Drunken Dwarf will also be seen on occasion, staggering about in an erratic fashion. If you talk to him, and he takes a liking to you, he might treat you to a kebab and some beer.

Dark_Jab.png

Screenshots in the RS manual show the Sandwich lady in a cafe and Miles/Niles/Giles sat at a desk. Are these "removed" too, and by removed I mean moved to enchanted valley and wont interrupt you during fighting etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

One of the options from the frog tokens is to add a costume point, but the little picture they use looks nothing like any frog costume already in the game. I was wondering if anyone clicked on it?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

The gift boxes you get off events in future will generally be a LOT better than the frog token replacements.
Quick find code: 15-16-876-58445003

The frog tokens have been replaced by rewards that aren't very generous. That's deliberate. And yes, they're all going to be the same. One guy seemed to be doing well by choosing the "surprise" option.

Rewards gained from other randoms are considerably more generous.

Quick find code: 15-16-452-58445060

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Sad, wasted 3 boxes on some stupid points for some ugly clothes when I could've gotten charms or mystery box. Sad. :thumbdown:

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

According to this article, the Wich [bleep] survived.

Reading this page, I am hugely disappointed. FAIL. All that hype to, in the end, remove a small fraction of randoms.

They said only a small fraction would be retired. Your disappointment comes out of your own ignorance.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Cap'n Arnav, the sandwich lady, and Niles, Miles and Giles all teleport you now...? -.-

yes :cry:

It was supposed to be that way.

(By removing some "random types")All they were really changing was making it so randoms which required interaction, such as the sandwich lady asking for you to pick bread, couldn't interrupt combat.

NOTHING is more annoying than having the sandwich lady ask you for bread while your in the middle of killing the KBD... The random "change" was simply to make you teleport to a location to do the random instead.

I thought everyone knew that? :?

dawnsigblue-3.png

Cap'n Arnav, the sandwich lady, and Niles, Miles and Giles all teleport you now...? -.-

yes :cry:

It was supposed to be that way.

(By removing some "random types")All they were really changing was making it so randoms which required interaction, such as the sandwich lady asking for you to pick bread, couldn't interrupt combat.

NOTHING is more annoying than having the sandwich lady ask you for bread while your in the middle of killing the KBD... The random "change" was simply to make you teleport to a location to do the random instead.

I thought everyone knew that? :?

Yeah, having them teleport you away now is a good thing, not a bad thing :P Metal dragons was one of the worst places to get one of those randoms previously :shock:

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Tbh this seems good.

Alright everything teleports you now, but it looks after hunter traps and odds of them appearing on monster detah have been greatly reduced.

The rewards are much better and most of them have been removed.

Off top of my head these have gone:

Smoking Rocks

Ents

Rakes breaking

Poison Chests

Rock Golem

Tree Spirit

Sea Troll

Shade

Cap'n Hand

Mysterious old man - gift

Mysterious old man - box

jekel n hyde

drunken dwarf

strange plant

security guard

genie

evil chicken

rick turpentine

swarm

big fish

whirlpool

moving fishing spot

watchmen

zombie

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue