Processing SELF EARNED raw materials to products = +25%xp

zuomimiez

Sorry if this thread at times is a bit repetitive. You see it is a copy from my RSOF one... ::'

****** PROCESSING ITEMS OBTAINED BY URSELF (mining, woodcutting, farming etc.) TO NEXT STAGE GIVES +12.5%, 25% OR +50% XP!!! (******

Interested? Read on ::'

Intro:

After having pretty much collected the money to train most skills to max level I have thousands of hours of repetitive working ahead of me to reach those levels. Also earning the money for training... is pretty [bleep]ing boring!

Back before GE existed people used to mine raw material (iron, yew, fish) and process them items often used by self.

GE made selling/buying items so easy for all players barely no high leveled player collects raw material for own use but instead for efficiency earns money the way best fit for self and then buys all items needed...

Suggestion:

After you reach 500 total level you can obtain a special ring from completing a quest (which is more like a tutorial, similarly to 'Wolf whistle' which is a tutorial to summoning)

Wearing this ring...

You get iron ore (s) instead of normal iron ore when mining

You get coal (s) instead of normal coal...

You get any ore (s) instead of normal ore

You get RUNE (s) instead of normal RUNE from runecrafting

You get ANY FISH (s)

You get ANY LOGS (s)

You get FARMING PRODUCT (s)

You get STOLEN ITEM (s)

You get PLANK (s) from sawmill or lunar spell.

You get BONES, LEATHERS, MEAT and METAL DRAGON "scales" come all as (s) items (the only (s) items obtained through combat)

You get SAND (s) from sand pits and can pick SEAWEED (s) and FLAX (s)

YOU GET THE POINT. All items earned through skills are (s) which is short for "self obtained".

***** IF DROPPED, TRADED OR SOLD THROUGH GE THESE (s) ITEMS LOSE THEIR (s) AND BECOME NORMAL ITEMS!!! ******

****** PROCESSING (s) ITEMS TO NEXT STAGE GIVES +25% OR +50% XP!!! (edit: or +12,5%) ******

Ores to bars = +25% xp (The coal used must be (s) also)

SMITHING = +25% xp (all components must be (s) )

MAGIC = +12,5% (all runes must be (s) )

COOKING = +12,5% xp

FLETCHING = +12,5% xp (GEM TIPS (s) do no exists:P)

FIREMAKING = +12,5% xp

CRAFTING = +25% xp (+100% if using GEM (s))

CONSTRUCTION = +25% xp

PRAYER = +50% if buried on spot, +25% if an altar or ecto is used

FARMING = +50% xp!!! (Seed (s) to plant {+ optional Payment (s)} )

HERBLORE = +50% xp!!! (Herb (s) and Vial (s) are both +25% xp each)

SINCE THERE ARE NO ITEMS SUCH AS FEATHER (s) YOU CAN JUST USE NORMAL ITEM INSTEAD. This rule works always when there is no (s) to be used with (s).

Edit: and since some ppl still dont get it: U dont harvest MTK items urself so theyre not special. Same for Bert and flax... And farming would not be "easy" since u'd need to thieve the seeds or kills hundreds of moles yourself.

loginmessagessiggy.png

I like this idea, but it would make RuneScape even more of a Solo event....

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

By giving you an advantage if you gather your own materials? Instead of just going to the GE and buying it in 5 seconds? Where did you obtain that logical reasoning? :wall:

OT: I support, would actually give me a reason not to buy materials :thumbsup: .

Angelic_Whim.png

By giving you an advantage if you gather your own materials? Instead of just going to the GE and buying it in 5 seconds? Where did you obtain that logical reasoning? :wall:

OT: I support, would actually give me a reason not to buy materials :thumbsup: .

It cuts down on the player interaction even more, if you cut out trading then you cutting out a chunk of player interaction.

Before you say yes the GE cuts this out, but there is a limit. By gathering the items yourself the only times you'll trade are via the ge to sell or buy the odd supply.

Hence it being more of a solo game.

My logic: Less trading = Less player interaction = more of a solo game.

As I said I like the idea, but it would make the game more single player and this is a MMO

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

After GE came I haven't bought raw materials from other players directly. Not once. :|

edit: I mean in large amounts of cource. Ive bought a few shards...

I have made friends fishing, cooking, woodcutting but rarely got any from tradeing so I would almost say collecting fish etc. is more social than buying them for cooking.

loginmessagessiggy.png

After GE came I haven't bought raw materials from other players directly. Not once. :|

edit: I mean in large amounts of cource. Ive bought a few shards...

I have made friends fishing, cooking, woodcutting but rarely got any from tradeing so I would almost say collecting fish etc. is more social than buying them for cooking.

Same, though I didn't buy anything before GE either, except a few prayer pots and other random items that I needed in small amounts. But no materials. I trained many skills to rather high levels collecting all items myself. (Note that my 'high' is not as high as your 'high' lol)

I personally think only a couple of the underused things should be done in this skill...

Better would be having a skill limit. Because although everyone loves Yews with a +25% add on, it's just a bit crazy...

Boom! Dead Shot

****** PROCESSING (s) ITEMS TO NEXT STAGE GIVES +25% OR +50% XP!!! (edit: or +12,5%) ******

Ores to bars = +25% xp (The coal used must be (s) also)

SMITHING = +25% xp (all components must be (s) )

MAGIC = +12,5% (all runes must be (s) )

COOKING = +12,5% xp

FLETCHING = +12,5% xp (GEM TIPS (s) do no exists:P)

FIREMAKING = +12,5% xp

CRAFTING = +25% xp (+200% if using GEM (s)!!!)

CONSTRUCTION = +25% xp

PRAYER = +50% if buried on spot, +25% if an altar or ecto is used

FARMING = +50% xp!!! (Seed (s) to plant {+ optional Payment (s)} )

HERBLORE = +50% xp!!! (Herb (s) and Vial (s) are both +25% xp each)

Your joking about the 50% on farming right? Thats a stupidly high boost for an easy to train skill. 50% + 10% from fally shield + trading in other peoples mole claws and skins ( massive amounts of seeds "you" obtained) = massive bonus and too easy levelling.

200% on crafting if using own gems again wtf do you get (s) if you brought uncut then cut?

Prayer too easy if you had to use on your own altar then yes you should get a boost, for killing them burying hell no. Well to easy to train from the off.

As I said this is very illogical.

Imagine the lack of bank space, 2 of 50% of the items in game....

Massive potential for loop holes.

Lack of definition;

If I trade in mole skins/claws for nests which I buy are the seeds/nests (s)?

Are MTK items (s)?

Seers achievement flax (s)?

Berts sand (s)?

If I trade grimy herbs with the tool leb are they still (s)?

Is coal truck coal (s)?

If I give a familiar an item is it still (s)?

If my familiar generates the item is it (s)?

Does this boost work with current boosting items (steal creation tools [i see massive issues here], etc)?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

overpowered and unnecessary. no support

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

How is it overpowered and unnecessary? Nowadays, everyone just buys items from ge. Allow miners and wcers to earn more exp from their hard work. Some rich noobs can just buy tons of items from ge and powertrain all the way to 99.

How is it overpowered and unnecessary? Nowadays, everyone just buys items from ge. Allow miners and wcers to earn more exp from their hard work. Some rich noobs can just buy tons of items from ge and powertrain all the way to 99.

Just because you can buy from the GE doesn't mean you have to.

Theres nothing stopping you playing the way you want to, if you like getting your material then do so.

People seem to forget before the GE you could bulk buy pretty much any item you can now, the only difference is this required some effort (searching forums, waiting in world 2 or 1, etc).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Thanks, but no thanks. For every coal that is bought by someone, that same piece of coal was sold by someone else. It's all in equilibrium. You have to put in the effort at some point.

What exactly is this fixing? Why should we discourage people from trading, anyway?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Because most skills are dead skills. They only now exist for you to buy them to 99. (mining, smithing, fletching, firemaking, cooking, farming, construct, crafting, magic and herby...)

If 10 out of 24 skills consist only of investing money something is wrong.

Also your wrong about the "for every coal being bought there is someone mining it". I can get more coal than I could use from Manage thy kingdom.

edit: "crafting +200% if using GEM (s) --- Not really all that handy, think shilo village mines." Changed it to 100%. I've only been mining those gems once and I mostly got topazs, jades and opals. This might actually make the underground Shilo gems worth something.

loginmessagessiggy.png

+50% is a bit overrated, but you're right, you gathered those yourself! And what about mtk? It doesn't count as (S) eh? Rather obvieus, lol. And turning logs into planks (S)? Or only if you use that lunar spell? Lots of questions \' .

Good suggestion, but +50% stays overrated, except for smithing ofcourse (I need those moneys!)

EisS.gif