Age old: Range, Warrior, Mage, Monk, or mixed?

Ax600

which is better and why 8-)

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

monk = dependant on prayer :pray:

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

Obviously all of the above. It's not like you need to pick just one and never use any of the others...this isn't WoW. The best one would be the lv138 with 99s in all of em. Duh.

GF PoM Pyro?

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

mixed here :thumbsup: \' :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

It depends on what I'm doing and who I'm fighting. If it's a safe mini-game (e.g., soul wars, castle wars, clan wars, etc.), I can afford to die. In those cases, you'll get a lot of meleers, so magic works well against them. I'll hybrid mage/melee until pure mage comes along, and I'll switch to range.

Tip: Even though Void gear has low-ish def bonuses, it makes switching combat styles faster with less gear to switch (e.g. helmet and weapon/staff (optional)/bow).

Ewsentinel.png

KoAClan.org for adults

Prayer on it's own is an AMAZINGLY helpful skill. Many people will get 70-75 for Spirit shields, piety, and gravestones, but, even if you only get 80, it makes a huge difference. I know it seems rather redundant to say, but when I got 80 prayer, I found myself NEVER at full prayer at solo Kree'arra, when you are constantly healing. Not 1 dose was wasted, plus they last much longer. Prayer is Definitely worth it for a few extra levels, but I would only ever get 90. Anything above that is for Maxed combat.

I find that when I use Magic plus Range, I tend to win 98% of the fights in clan wars/Duel arena. Now, in tournaments, some people will know how to counter that, but, other then that, Magic, used well, is very deadly.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

seeing as the combat triangle is more or less able to work both ways round (diamond e, onyx or dragonstone bolts anyone?) it is probably best to have 99s in all.

Saying that, i'm maxed melee, with 89 mage and 64 range, so you can see which ones i prefer \'

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

the ereason im melee based was becaused when i started, everyone told me mage, range, & prayer were worthless and a waste, so I concentrated on melee until recently

seeing as the combat triangle is more or less able to work both ways round (diamond e, onyx or dragonstone bolts anyone?) it is probably best to have 99s in all.

Saying that, i'm maxed melee, with 89 mage and 64 range, so you can see which ones i prefer \'

If you're a mage or ranger it's best to ignore your melee and focus on range, magic, and defense.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

it seems defense is the hardest skill to train, because it seems to let people hit you more often

it seems defense is the hardest skill to train, because it seems to let people hit you more often

Eh? Defense makes people hit you less.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Eh? Defense makes people hit you less.

i mean while youre training it