Quest 150 not epic enough?

SoulAttacker

I think a food analogy works here. Lets say you order a cake and tell the chef that it needs to be done by a certain time. When they tell you that they need more time to make a good cake, you say that it doesn't matter, they need to finish the cake within a certain time. Would you rather they make the deadline and give you a half baked cake with most of the ingredients and sloppy icing, or that they give it to you an hour later but it is fully cooked, perfectly decorated, and delicious?

That analogy makes absolutely no sense. Your saying the cake decorator, that YOUR paying can't do his job correctly? Say that this "cake" happens to be a wedding cake, lets postpone the wedding! Or.. NOT... If this situation did happen to ever happen, I would be calling up different cake places around my area for people who actually know what their doing. I would tell all my friends, family, coworkers, that this cake place can't do their job, they obviously can't handle a simple job that they specialize in :roll:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a food analogy works here. Lets say you order a cake and tell the chef that it needs to be done by a certain time. When they tell you that they need more time to make a good cake, you say that it doesn't matter, they need to finish the cake within a certain time. Would you rather they make the deadline and give you a half baked cake with most of the ingredients and sloppy icing, or that they give it to you an hour later but it is fully cooked, perfectly decorated, and delicious?

That analogy makes absolutely no sense. Your saying the cake decorator, that YOUR paying can't do his job correctly? Say that this "cake" happens to be a wedding cake, lets postpone the wedding! Or.. NOT... If this situation did happen to ever happen, I would be calling up different cake places around my area for people who actually know what their doing. I would tell all my friends, family, coworkers, that this cake place can't do their job, they obviously can't handle a simple job that they specialize in :roll:

Well dang I was under the impression food takes time to cook. Guess not...

Well dang I was under the impression food takes time to cook. Guess not...

Well I was under the impression that this cook could get the job done by the time he had told me it would've been ready. :|

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

what i don't think people realize is that with every new update more things can go wrong, you talk about back in the day when we had constant updates, they were able to easily produce those updates because there was less that would be affected by each up date, so every time they introduce a new update they have one more thing to worry about on there next update, which means it will take longer to perfect.

But on the other hand i read earlier on this page about wanting jagex to let us know when there are problems instead of lieing to us about them. I 100% agree with that i would have been much happier had jagex released a statement saying that the original quest 150 was having problems so they are going to introduce a less challenging quest to tide us over till the original "quest 150"

was complete and bug free

Jesus_Statuz.png

[hide=]

Well, this is the challenge that weve set ourselves: 2009 has become our official Upgrade Year!
So Jagex released that to say they will be focusing more on fixing old content instead of focusing on new content........

Before you TRY to use sarcastic rhetorical arguments, you should read the entirety of what Jagex has told us before further humiliating yourself. In that same post they say:

Of course, we don't want to JUST do upgrades, so we're planning to do a mix of upgrades and new content. To achieve this we are planning on going back to releasing approximately four updates per month, which will alternate between upgrades and new content.

Saying they want to focus more on upgrades instead of new content is just a complete lie and neglects most of what the BTS 2009 had to say.

Also, however, all of this is completely void by the, yet again, radical stance that has been taken by Jagex. Their new stance is that they don't want to tell us what kind of updates to be expecting, because it hinders their developmental "freedom". This new attitude, I am assuming, basically overrides their strategy in BTS 2009 because they have, in fact, NOT released content at a rate of 4 updates per month. Also, part of my aggrivation is about the sheerly confounding "stances" that they are trying to take. They lasted two months on their "one headliner" update system, they lasted a month on the "4 updates per month, alternating each week with content and upgrades", and now it has been about a month since MMG came around and got rid of our BTS, etc... How long is THIS phase going to last before it goes up in smoke and they decide again that they don't like the way they are doing things? This company has given us nearly 6 months of flip flopping on update/development style and frankly I just cannot stand this type of garbage anymore.

Also a quest is a quest, sure you didn't get the massive bonanza of a Grandmaster quest. But what's better, waiting a little longer to have that quest a little better and bug free? Or having a quest put out too early because it's been pressured by a BTS. From what I've heard it's a decent quest with a good storyline and okay rewards.

This is the point. The fact that I have to wait for the good content, and in the meantime have to suffer bored because they could not perform the way they want to. If the team was a good development team, they would set realistic goals, develop quality useful content, and have it be bug free when the expected date comes. Heres the thing: I know, every person makes mistakes. But, this isn't a rare mistake. Every time there is a big update coming it is either a.) late, b.) unfairly balanced, c.) glitched, d.) crashes the servers or disconnects people, or e.) not working "the way they intended it to". I would like to see ONE big update that has no glitches, no exploits, and everything works 100% the way they wanted it. They couldn't even get the damn agility course right. We have a mini game that is two months late now, and the "150th" quest was messed up so bad that they obviously feel that they can't have us wait any longer for it. Just think about it: they are developing a huge "big deal" quest that they wanted to be 150th...and have been working on it for months. Now...they are so far behind that they had time to create a wallpaper, create a hoodie...and then try to pass off this dumb goblin quest as our #150.

Think about that. A week+ ago, they had to have said "Well, our #150 development team, hows the quest going? Oh....not done yet? Oh...not going to be done for THAT LONG? Well, now lets take ALL THE TIME to make a new banner/wallpaper for this OTHER QUEST and DESIGN A HOODIE based around this OTHER QUEST. How long does it take to design these things???? For THAT long...they have known that the true #150 would just NOT BE READY! There wasn't a question of if it was going to be ready...there wasn't a CHANCE the team would be done...the team wasn't FORCED to work harder to get the update out in time to be #150 because THEY WERE JUST THAT FAR BEHIND ON IT

To me this is unbelieveable. Everyone says "This is their game!! They can do what they want!!!"

WELL....NOPE, they CAN'T even do what THEY WANT. What THEY WANTED was to release Mobilising Armies in January. What THEY WANTED was an EPIC quest for #150 but instead we waited two weeks for a filler quest that they tried to pull off as the 150th. What THEY WANTED was to release one "headline update" every month but they just COULDN'T DO IT. Not only this, but the whole damn company doesn't seem to KNOW what they even want. First we are told to expect one huge update every month, then we are told that instead of this strategy they want to do "upgrades" (what a cop-out), and now they are telling us that this game is going to be hugely directed at the player base and we are going to be more involved with the game planning and updates...etc.

And then what the hell happens? First...BTS goes away. Then, they try to decieve us by putting in some crummy filler quest instead of actually having the real one ready. They didn't tell us on the main page that there were troubles. We were all looking forward to this. They could have had a poll two weeks ago saying "We are way behind on quest 150....should we put more people on the job or just continue working on it and release it later than 150?" No...nothing happened like this. We have to see from in-game chat that this isn't what they wanted to do at all. Where was the community in this? Where was the development team in the WEEKS that they knew that this quest was falling behind? Instead of getting the job done the way they WANTED to...the order was given to completely abandon the idea that this quest would be #150 and a team was appointed to begin concept design on a replacement wallpaper/banner and a limited edition sweatshirt.

I refuse to have the wool pulled over my eyes like this again. The devs just are unable to perform and don't have what it takes to develop their original ideas. When you are creating a group project, the first thing you do is establish your goals and assess if you have what it takes to fulfill them. This team doesn't, and I am sick of it.

[/hide]Well Myweponsg00d maybe you'd like to step in and show Jagex how to do it? It's impossible to weed out every single bug, it just doesn't happen. I loved how you kept saying "What they want" but I think what you meant is "What I want". Jagex wants to make the game perfect, even if it takes a little more time than usual. However you want to push out updates fast so you can play them, and you want them to be perfect. The world doesn't work like that though. Things take time and you either need to wait or stop waiting and leave. If you just keep on complaining how updates don't fit your schedule then nobody wins and you are just one more whiner.

I think you are missing my main point so I will try to say it a little briefer.

It is upsetting to know that they wanted to make quest 150 a giant amazing quest, but they couldn't even do it the way THEY wanted it. I never told them when I wanted updates, I never told them when I wanted quest 150, I never told them to make quest 150 epic. My disappointments come from grounds that THEY lay down and then cannot deliver on. They tell us they want to do things...and then they fail at it. I am ASSUMING that they want to deliver bug free content, but then as we see, most updates these days bring bugs. They wanted to give us a headline update every month, they wanted to make PvP worlds so that the system couldnt be abused, they wanted summoning to be useful on its original release date, but all of these attempts were failed.

I come from a generation of players where, 5 years ago, this company was completely different. The updates we got were fresh, exciting, and useful. Now they are boring, underleveled, and full of bugs/complications/delays. It is frustrating to see Jagex doing an "upgrade year" while releasing sub-par content at the same time, that will just need to be upgraded later. They KNOW that most of the stuff in this game isn't being used...they are trying to fix that, which is awesome! But it is counter-balanced by a confusingly low standard of new content being introduced...The upgrades have been nice. If they make the new content on par with the upgraded content, it would be sweet.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Yes, I was disappointed with the quest and I do find it a little irritating that they weren't able to fix number 150 within a reasonable time frame.

But if it's true that they have 151 done, which is very likely to be an Easter quest, and Chosen Commander wasn't 151, do you know what it means?

Jagex has some back-up emergency content that they can release when they need to. This is something I was praying they would do if they had to. I hope they keep this idea around for a while. So good job. :thumbup:

Though, if I'm honest, if they had all these problems with 150, I really wish they would've released it a week sooner. :pray:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Based on an aribitrary number that for some inane reason society sets on us and we follow blindly.

On another note, happy 50th anniversary to my grandparents. And Grandpa, if you pull a "Jagex" and give Grandma and crappy gift when she was expecting jewelry, she'll shoot you.

:lol:

[hide=]

Well, this is the challenge that weve set ourselves: 2009 has become our official Upgrade Year!
So Jagex released that to say they will be focusing more on fixing old content instead of focusing on new content........

Before you TRY to use sarcastic rhetorical arguments, you should read the entirety of what Jagex has told us before further humiliating yourself. In that same post they say:

Of course, we don't want to JUST do upgrades, so we're planning to do a mix of upgrades and new content. To achieve this we are planning on going back to releasing approximately four updates per month, which will alternate between upgrades and new content.

Saying they want to focus more on upgrades instead of new content is just a complete lie and neglects most of what the BTS 2009 had to say.

Also, however, all of this is completely void by the, yet again, radical stance that has been taken by Jagex. Their new stance is that they don't want to tell us what kind of updates to be expecting, because it hinders their developmental "freedom". This new attitude, I am assuming, basically overrides their strategy in BTS 2009 because they have, in fact, NOT released content at a rate of 4 updates per month. Also, part of my aggrivation is about the sheerly confounding "stances" that they are trying to take. They lasted two months on their "one headliner" update system, they lasted a month on the "4 updates per month, alternating each week with content and upgrades", and now it has been about a month since MMG came around and got rid of our BTS, etc... How long is THIS phase going to last before it goes up in smoke and they decide again that they don't like the way they are doing things? This company has given us nearly 6 months of flip flopping on update/development style and frankly I just cannot stand this type of garbage anymore.

Also a quest is a quest, sure you didn't get the massive bonanza of a Grandmaster quest. But what's better, waiting a little longer to have that quest a little better and bug free? Or having a quest put out too early because it's been pressured by a BTS. From what I've heard it's a decent quest with a good storyline and okay rewards.

This is the point. The fact that I have to wait for the good content, and in the meantime have to suffer bored because they could not perform the way they want to. If the team was a good development team, they would set realistic goals, develop quality useful content, and have it be bug free when the expected date comes. Heres the thing: I know, every person makes mistakes. But, this isn't a rare mistake. Every time there is a big update coming it is either a.) late, b.) unfairly balanced, c.) glitched, d.) crashes the servers or disconnects people, or e.) not working "the way they intended it to". I would like to see ONE big update that has no glitches, no exploits, and everything works 100% the way they wanted it. They couldn't even get the damn agility course right. We have a mini game that is two months late now, and the "150th" quest was messed up so bad that they obviously feel that they can't have us wait any longer for it. Just think about it: they are developing a huge "big deal" quest that they wanted to be 150th...and have been working on it for months. Now...they are so far behind that they had time to create a wallpaper, create a hoodie...and then try to pass off this dumb goblin quest as our #150.

Think about that. A week+ ago, they had to have said "Well, our #150 development team, hows the quest going? Oh....not done yet? Oh...not going to be done for THAT LONG? Well, now lets take ALL THE TIME to make a new banner/wallpaper for this OTHER QUEST and DESIGN A HOODIE based around this OTHER QUEST. How long does it take to design these things???? For THAT long...they have known that the true #150 would just NOT BE READY! There wasn't a question of if it was going to be ready...there wasn't a CHANCE the team would be done...the team wasn't FORCED to work harder to get the update out in time to be #150 because THEY WERE JUST THAT FAR BEHIND ON IT

To me this is unbelieveable. Everyone says "This is their game!! They can do what they want!!!"

WELL....NOPE, they CAN'T even do what THEY WANT. What THEY WANTED was to release Mobilising Armies in January. What THEY WANTED was an EPIC quest for #150 but instead we waited two weeks for a filler quest that they tried to pull off as the 150th. What THEY WANTED was to release one "headline update" every month but they just COULDN'T DO IT. Not only this, but the whole damn company doesn't seem to KNOW what they even want. First we are told to expect one huge update every month, then we are told that instead of this strategy they want to do "upgrades" (what a cop-out), and now they are telling us that this game is going to be hugely directed at the player base and we are going to be more involved with the game planning and updates...etc.

And then what the hell happens? First...BTS goes away. Then, they try to decieve us by putting in some crummy filler quest instead of actually having the real one ready. They didn't tell us on the main page that there were troubles. We were all looking forward to this. They could have had a poll two weeks ago saying "We are way behind on quest 150....should we put more people on the job or just continue working on it and release it later than 150?" No...nothing happened like this. We have to see from in-game chat that this isn't what they wanted to do at all. Where was the community in this? Where was the development team in the WEEKS that they knew that this quest was falling behind? Instead of getting the job done the way they WANTED to...the order was given to completely abandon the idea that this quest would be #150 and a team was appointed to begin concept design on a replacement wallpaper/banner and a limited edition sweatshirt.

I refuse to have the wool pulled over my eyes like this again. The devs just are unable to perform and don't have what it takes to develop their original ideas. When you are creating a group project, the first thing you do is establish your goals and assess if you have what it takes to fulfill them. This team doesn't, and I am sick of it.

[/hide]Well Myweponsg00d maybe you'd like to step in and show Jagex how to do it? It's impossible to weed out every single bug, it just doesn't happen. I loved how you kept saying "What they want" but I think what you meant is "What I want". Jagex wants to make the game perfect, even if it takes a little more time than usual. However you want to push out updates fast so you can play them, and you want them to be perfect. The world doesn't work like that though. Things take time and you either need to wait or stop waiting and leave. If you just keep on complaining how updates don't fit your schedule then nobody wins and you are just one more whiner.

I think you are missing my main point so I will try to say it a little briefer.

It is upsetting to know that they wanted to make quest 150 a giant amazing quest, but they couldn't even do it the way THEY wanted it. I never told them when I wanted updates, I never told them when I wanted quest 150, I never told them to make quest 150 epic. My disappointments come from grounds that THEY lay down and then cannot deliver on. They tell us they want to do things...and then they fail at it. I am ASSUMING that they want to deliver bug free content, but then as we see, most updates these days bring bugs. They wanted to give us a headline update every month, they wanted to make PvP worlds so that the system couldnt be abused, they wanted summoning to be useful on its original release date, but all of these attempts were failed.

I come from a generation of players where, 5 years ago, this company was completely different. The updates we got were fresh, exciting, and useful. Now they are boring, underleveled, and full of bugs/complications/delays. It is frustrating to see Jagex doing an "upgrade year" while releasing sub-par content at the same time, that will just need to be upgraded later. They KNOW that most of the stuff in this game isn't being used...they are trying to fix that, which is awesome! But it is counter-balanced by a confusingly low standard of new content being introduced...The upgrades have been nice. If they make the new content on par with the upgraded content, it would be sweet.

Again you say what they want. They are doing it the way they wanted, it just takes a little more time then they hoped. The quest numbers don't matter. What matters is they can get it done in the way they actually do want. Bugs will always be in the game, you can't change that. The quality of updates hasn't been degrading either. You've just been improving and you expect Jagex to keep up with you. Jagex has tons of new players try out runescape each day, and they try to keep up with the new players more. After all they are the majority and pull more money to Jagex.

I capitalize random words to get MY point across too.

Also, they never promised anything special for 150. We simply assumed that based on #50 and #100.

Actually, I can't remember exactly where, but they did mention a few times that they had something big planned for 150 and they were all looking forward to it.

It got botched, and we got something instead to hold us over and stop people complaining for a week or two.

It happens.

Why should the 150th quest be special anyway?

Because it is a milestone it's like saying that RS turning 5 or 10 years old would not be important. Plus they told us they wanted to have something special. Heck they brought out a hoodie for it. 150 had to be special because of prior commitments. Just as everyone assumes there is an Easter event, a Halloween event, and a Christmas event. They have set themselves in the position and therefore are required to follow through.

TO EVERYONE ELSE

Yes the constant flow of updates is missed but honestly they just cannot put out updates every week, everyone knows that. You can't please all of the people all of the time, as the saying goes, the closest they ever touched on that was with summoning; that lasted 2 hours before the majority finished the quest.

Really yes it was a disappointment and such, but now we know a few things we did not before:

-They are/were working on an epic (most likely to be Grandmaster Ranked) quest.

-They HAD 1 quest they were working on (I am assuming it was this) to be number 152.

-They had another quest finished (lets assume it was the holiday quest since those are allowed to be disappointing)

All in all that makes 3 quests that were being worked on that we know about. If we really think about it there are more teams so unless some were tapped for the big project there could be another 1 or 2 in the works as well. And don't forget the coding teams for the general updates and such.

There are also those out there that say "they made a hoodie this proves they were weeks off course." No this means they were 2-3 days away from the update. This means they were sitting around on Saturday or Sunday and said "there is no way this can be finished by Thursday." and cobbled together something. I saw the hoodie the "150" was the only real part, the other image looked cobbled together and rushed to a printer to make ONE (don't forget they had a "won't ship until x date" listed on it.) So really in all likelyhood they had planned a nice hoodie for the real 150 and had to wipe the back and paste on an image of Zanik/The Goblin Priest in the bandy shell (even the banner was sub-par to their normal stuff).

Look I was disappointed too, yes I liked the story but it was something that could have waited. Maybe what they should have done was just be honest "Hey everyone here is Quest #151, #150 is still in the works please let us have a freebie on this one. We're sorry."

And FYI does anyone even know the significance of the 17th of march? it was the 5 year anniversary of RS1 becoming RS Classic and RS 2 moving from beta and becoming RS Prime. It also means January 4th meant RS was 8 years old (public time) and in 2011 it will reach a 10 year milestone. Something few MMO's have with any significant popularity and regular updating.

Stupid.png

Because it is a milestone it's like saying that RS turning 5 or 10 years old would not be important. Plus they told us they wanted to have something special. Heck they brought out a hoodie for it. 150 had to be special because of prior commitments. Just as everyone assumes there is an Easter event, a Halloween event, and a Christmas event. They have set themselves in the position and therefore are required to follow through.

So if they didn't hype it, it didn't have to be special. As I don't find 150 quests a milestone.

2j3qh46.jpg

So if they didn't hype it, it didn't have to be special. As I don't find 150 quests a milestone.

In a way yes, but they still had precedent that the 50th of the set (each set being 50 quests) would be something special, memorable, and difficult for the active community.

And yes it is somewhat a milestone. Quests are not out daily or weekly. Look at the time between RFD and TCC coming out. OR between Legends and RFD the legends guild existed in RS1/RSC for goodness sake.

Stupid.png

I for one think the 150th quest was more story based to mark the start of tieing up story lines...certainly makes those who pay no attention to lores sit up.

A new free skill eh......well i dont really mind if its an existing skill or a new one ... just so long as i can do it with my free to play buds ::'

im not typin well cos im on a bad comp
ahh... thatll be the one i lobbed out the window yesterday

Merchant0125.png

5 years on and I still havent seen a horse

Riding next skill? :shock:

Again you say what they want. They are doing it the way they wanted, it just takes a little more time then they hoped. The quest numbers don't matter. What matters is they can get it done in the way they actually do want. Bugs will always be in the game, you can't change that. The quality of updates hasn't been degrading either. You've just been improving and you expect Jagex to keep up with you. Jagex has tons of new players try out runescape each day, and they try to keep up with the new players more. After all they are the majority and pull more money to Jagex.

No, part of the way they wanted was to release these updates on time. They WANT to release bug free and inexploitable content but can't. You can't just look at part of what they want to accomplish in this game and say that they are thus doing what they wanted to do.

Example: summoning was released, and had only moderate usefulness. The level 88 and 96 summons are arguably more useful/versatile. The higher-ups in the company are STILL saying that summoning isn't all that THEY wanted it to be. Look at all of the patch notes, you'll see "______ wasn't doing something quite the way we wanted it to, so it has been adjusted". This is what I am sick of. I don't have time to shell out 5 bucks a month to a company who keeps shelling out sub-par content that will need to be adjusted on a completely uncertain time frame. I play DnD online, WoW, and I used to play EQ1. None of these games had as many "unexpected flaws" as Runescape has. Just because the good/fixed content will EVENTUALLY COME doesn't mean that they are putting it out the way that they want to.

First of all, they did hype it. There was a news post (maybe two?) mentioning their excitement and acknowledgment of the upcoming 150th quest, along with some mods talking about it coming up. I'm not going to look up these sources because I don't know where to find them and I don't want to waste my time. But, even if they didn't say a single word about #150 BEFORE it came out, they are now admitting that they wanted to make #150 special but couldn't do it in time.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

No, part of the way they wanted was to release these updates on time. They WANT to release bug free and inexploitable content but can't. You can't just look at part of what they want to accomplish in this game and say that they are thus doing what they wanted to do.

Example: summoning was released, and had only moderate usefulness. The level 88 and 96 summons are arguably more useful/versatile. The higher-ups in the company are STILL saying that summoning isn't all that THEY wanted it to be. Look at all of the patch notes, you'll see "______ wasn't doing something quite the way we wanted it to, so it has been adjusted". This is what I am sick of. I don't have time to shell out 5 bucks a month to a company who keeps shelling out sub-par content that will need to be adjusted on a completely uncertain time frame. I play DnD online, WoW, and I used to play EQ1. None of these games had as many "unexpected flaws" as Runescape has. Just because the good/fixed content will EVENTUALLY COME doesn't mean that they are putting it out the way that they want to.

Surely Jagex isn't dumb enough to think they can release content without bugs. Why is every update updated a little later? it's called beta testing usually. Other people are the first to test it out and weed out the bugs their QA team may have missed. A small team can't catch as many bugs as millions of people. When they update and say the update isn't working like they hope they don't mean they didn't finish it all. They mean it didn't take with the community as well as they hoped.

Surely Jagex isn't dumb enough to think they can release content without bugs. Why is every update updated a little later? it's called beta testing usually. Other people are the first to test it out and weed out the bugs their QA team may have missed. A small team can't catch as many bugs as millions of people. When they update and say the update isn't working like they hope they don't mean they didn't finish it all. They mean it didn't take with the community as well as they hoped.
Here's the thing. QA rarely weeds out even most bugs. In fact, players are QA because it seems as though every update is buggy enough to open a child scarring insect exhibit. Look at the things released over the past year or so that were immediately in need of fixing, and in such a way it was obvious to players on release:

Vinesweeper, Stealing Creation, Summoning, the Great Orb Project, PvP worlds, the Grand Exchange, Duel Tournaments, and so on and so forth.

Now look at the things still in need of some fixing:

Summoning, the Great Orb Project, PvP worlds, the Grand Exchange, Duel Tournaments, and so and so forth.

Admittedly, this list also includes balance issues, but you get my drift. Every recent release has had issues so that for every piece of content they fix this year, they're bound to create a piece that will need to be fixed later.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?