Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Mining 99 is not something that is easy to achieve. But you have come a far bit on the way and I don't doubt you.

I admire you for your patience. Good luck with thoser 4 last levels! You can do it :D

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Thanks for the support everyone. You guys are awesome! <3:

Big news today gang. This morning I crossed the threshold from "big" to downright "insane" levels. That's right...LEVEL 96!!! :twss:

[hide=Boo yah!]level96.png[/hide]

I have now crossed over into the realm of 7-figure level differences. There's over 1 Million Xp to the next level. That would take you from nothing in a skill almost all the way to level 74! And I need that much for just one level? Tell me that's not insane. It's things like this that separate the strong from the weak, the casual from the hardcore, the clinically insane from...well, the rest of you. :P

I try to remain motivated though. I made over 310k Xp this week. Not bad for my first week back. :grin: If I can keep up with my mining throughout the summer, I should hit 99 sometime around the end of August. Better get back to it though, those rocks won't mine themselves.

Lol. I just looked up to see how my son was doing with his homework and he's fallen asleep at the table. :lol: Kids are wonderful. <3:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Wow, nice blog! Congratz on level 96 Mining!

I just read through your whole blog, and I was actually mining haha :)

But I'm sad to say I only earned 20k exp :P

I look forward to reading some more of your blog updates and to you getting level 99 Mining!

Battlerifel

Battlerifel.png

Battlerifel.png

My Blog: http://forum.tip.it/...el#entry3250508

My Forum entry: QFC - 48-49-627-63687284

grats. however i dont really like to power skilling, as i usually sell or use on other skill what i gain from skilling and let the money slowly build up rather then money making. that is why i mine coal using coal bag at w1. but time pass by and i think it is quite slow and i started thinking about powermining iron ore.

Kaida, are you using mousekey to drop ore? i hear rumour it is ok as long as you are the one who in control of your own character.

Thanks for all your kind words everyone! <3:

zhong, I don't use mousekeys because I drop each ore as I mine it. That way I'm not stopping to drop the whole load at once. Mousekeys are allowed because it's not a program or one-button drop so you still have to do everything yourself, they just allow you to do it faster. You should check out Wakka's Mousekeys Guide for more info.

Not much of a mining update today. After finding out about the Blood Pact quest, I decided to go through Tip.It's quest knowledge base and see if anything else had been changed or added. Now, this probably won't be news to the rest of you but I found that a couple of the old F2P quests had updated rewards I had yet to claim. So with my latest Mining level under my belt, I decided to get caught up with my quests.

[hide=Unstable Foundations]questunstablefoundation.png

I love this knight's name :lol: I missed the "thank you" screen though. :wall: If you haven't done this yet, talk to him and watch a neat cut scene with a 3-headed dragon.[/hide]

[hide=The Restless Ghost]questrestlessghost.png[/hide]

[hide=Cook's Assistant]questcooksassistant.png[/hide]

[hide=Ernest the Chicken]questernestthechicken.png[/hide]

Not bad for a couple of quests I finished years ago, eh? I used the ancient bones and the xp lamps on my Prayer, so now I'm only 34xp away from level 44. :thumbsup: That's probably going to be the next level I get when I'm done with Mining. I still have yet to do the Shield of Arrev quest. For some reason that one kind of fell by the wayside and I never completed it. *shrug* Oh well, maybe after I get to 97 I'll reward myself by turning my entire F2P quest list green.

I took some time off from mining yesterday to help someone out. We started talking after was was awe-struck by my mask (and, who wouldn't be? It's awesome! <3:), and I gave him some tips on training his Mining. He said that his level was low because his main had been hacked and he lost 3 phats and a cracker...I half expected him to say his main was Zezima. :lol: Still, the chat was nice and when I found out he was trying to powermine iron at 31 Mining with only an iron pick I decided to help him out. I bought him an Addy pick ('cause I'm generous like that), helped him complete the Rune Mysteries quest so he could mine essence, and recommended he mine ess 'till 41. I know powermining copper or tin is faster than essence, but he wanted to make some money as well. It feels good to help people, to share my knowledge and experience with those still learning.

I remember what it was like when I was first starting out: my friends and I in the Dwarven mine mining copper and tin, smelting bronze in the Fally furnace, making what we could on the anvils in the mine and selling it to the shops to make money for better picks then sharing the profits back and forth with each other so no one got left behind. I still remember the frustration of trying to smelt iron and having over half a load fail. :wall: The excitement of being able to finally smelt steel. The heartache and embarrassment of losing my black platebody (a gift from a generous level 40) to a scammer. How proud we were of our full iron armor; mined, smelted and smithed with our own hands. We knew nothing of xp rates or how wearing full plate armor all the time used up your run energy faster. We didn't care. It was just the three of us, sitting in my friend's basement, talking to each other irl and helping each other out.

Sadly, it didn't last and I am the only one of us left; d'Artagnan is the last of the Musketeers. But I've found many new friends over the years and ultimately discovered a much larger community here at Tip.It. Sometimes, with all the training and xp/gp/hour considerations, it's easy to forget what RuneScape is about, and that's having fun. Once I am done with my Mining, that's certainly what I intend to do once again. Be it fishing, woodcutting, or just standing in the G.E. and reporting spam bots all day long! But for now, I remain focused. I have set myself a goal, and that goal is getting closer every day. Sometimes goals can be fun too. :grin:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Great post, Kaida!

I love this knight's name :lol: I missed the "thank you" screen though. :wall: If you haven't done this yet, talk to him and watch a neat cut scene with a 3-headed dragon.

This tutorial quest is actually really screwy. Both my old main (Creaphis) and my Tuto Island account were made long before either of these tutorial quests existed, and both have credit for completing "Unstable Foundations" in their quest lists. However, Creaphis is able to enter Roddeck's basement and watch the cutscene, but Tuto Island can't! I think the key factor is whether or not the account ever logged in while the "Learning the Ropes" tutorial existed, which is the one with the three-headed green dragon. Even though I wasn't playing at the time, I must have logged in on Creaphis at the right moment to get credit for doing "Learning the Ropes." I didn't log in on Tuto Island until later, so the game treats her as if she did "Unstable Foundations" (the one with the red dragon pet) instead. So anyways, not everyone is able to go down there and claim some lamps, unfortunately.

Also, I can't believe I never noticed the wordplay in "Sir Vant's" name before. :blink:

I remember what it was like when I was first starting out: my friends and I in the Dwarven mine mining copper and tin, smelting bronze in the Fally furnace, making what we could on the anvils in the mine and selling it to the shops to make money for better picks then sharing the profits back and forth with each other so no one got left behind. I still remember the frustration of trying to smelt iron and having over half a load fail. :wall: The excitement of being able to finally smelt steel. The heartache and embarrassment of losing my black platebody (a gift from a generous level 40) to a scammer. How proud we were of our full iron armor; mined, smelted and smithed with our own hands. We knew nothing of xp rates or how wearing full plate armor all the time used up your run energy faster. We didn't care. It was just the three of us, sitting in my friend's basement, talking to each other irl and helping each other out.

Sadly, it didn't last and I am the only one of us left; d'Artagnan is the last of the Musketeers. But I've found many new friends over the years and ultimately discovered a much larger community here at Tip.It. Sometimes, with all the training and xp/gp/hour considerations, it's easy to forget what RuneScape is about, and that's having fun. Once I am done with my Mining, that's certainly what I intend to do once again. Be it fishing, woodcutting, or just standing in the G.E. and reporting spam bots all day long! But for now, I remain focused. I have set myself a goal, and that goal is getting closer every day. Sometimes goals can be fun too. :grin:

Oh, yes! The dear, sweet innocence of noobhood! I started in much the same way... mining copper and tin so that I could smith bronze, then mining iron so that I could endure the fickle whims of the furnace, and then mining one part iron, two parts coal so that I could smith steel and sell my wares to Horvik - and throughout, I would gab with my friends every day at school; we would brag of our respective accomplishments. But alas! Those days of innocence are gone! So how does one recapture the bliss of such ignorance?

Answer: one doesn't. :mellow:

I think that in my blog I give the impression that I've somehow turned back the clock and returned to a virginal appreciation of this game, and that may be a misrepresentation. The dirty truth is that instead of coming to every new part of Runescape with a child's eyes, I exploit my obsessively-complete foreknowledge of this game so that I may better accomplish the absurd goals I set for myself. By doing this (and by chatting/playing with friends and random folks), Runescape is fun after all this time. It sounds like you're taking more or less the same approach as I am, so... keep up the good work! :smile:

One last thing Kaida: make sure you talk to Fred the Farmer (the "Sheep Shearer" guy). He'll give you 2000 coins for a job well done. :wink:

kindness.png

I think that in my blog I give the impression that I've somehow turned back the clock and returned to a virginal appreciation of this game, and that may be a misrepresentation. The dirty truth is that instead of coming to every new part of Runescape with a child's eyes, I exploit my obsessively-complete foreknowledge of this game so that I may better accomplish the absurd goals I set for myself. By doing this (and by chatting/playing with friends and random folks), Runescape is fun after all this time. It sounds like you're taking more or less the same approach as I am, so... keep up the good work! :smile:

Thanks Creaphis! :grin: Keeping things fun while grinding away, especially mining, can be a bit of a challenge, but I try my best.

One last thing Kaida: make sure you talk to Fred the Farmer (the "Sheep Shearer" guy). He'll give you 2000 coins for a job well done. :wink:

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea about this, and it's not mentioned in the quest database. I took a small break from mining to go see Fred once again. I wonder if he remembers me after all these years...

[spoiler=I guess he does.]questsheepshearer.png

But he's still grumpy. :lol:

He only gave me 1940 coins though. Still, I've submitted a update to the quest database so other old-timers like us will know they can go back and receive this huge windfall. :^_^:

I had around 10 friends IRL who played runescape and they all quit :(. Half the reason why I took the break was because they weren't on to talk to anymore. Oh well, plenty of people in the hyt clan chat to keep me occupied :P.

Good luck with 1M experience, I've been through it twice but my exp rates were 2 times faster than powermining iron :lol:. It's only a matter of time before you finally finish your goal :).

...me on the other hand, well let's just say I've got a bit more work to do :|. I envy you lol.

disturbeda.png

Yes, but only for Sheep Shearer, Cook's Assistant, Ernest the Chicken, The Restless Ghost and Unstable Foundations. I looked up all the F2P quests in Tip.It's knowledge base and those were the only ones listed (except Sheep Shearer of course).

I knew they had done updates to a bunch of quests a while back, but I didn't realize they had updated the rewards as well until I looked them up.

your mining is like WOWWWW :blink:

Thanks. :grin:

And just this morning it became even more WOWWWW.

That's right cats and kittens, I have reached yet another level of Mining awesome:

[spoiler=10,000,000 Xp!!!!]10000000exp.png

Aw yeah! :XD:

and your a rich boyyyy huh :D

Indeed. :^_^:

I got looking back through some older posts and realized I have forgotten to brag about post my updated cash pile

[spoiler=bling bling]gp45m.png

It's amazing how much you can still earn while dropping everything. :lol: I picked up my merching right were I left off. Fortunately, the introduction of Dungeoneering hasn't affected my items so they're still working really well. If I can remember, I'll post another pic at the beginning of July.

Until next time, Mining lovers!

How can you even stand powermining, I thought about 99 in members with gold ores that don't run empty and I stopped at 85, I can't imagine doing your path :L

Best of luck, you've gotten this far already so I'm sure you'll get the rest too :D

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

It's Monday, so that means it's weekly update time blog fans!

First, let me say thanks again to everyone for their support and kind words. Getting a 99 in F2P is hard, and getting it in Mining is even harder (although, tbh, getting it in RC is even harder than that). You guys are awesome for putting up with my nonsensical ramblings. <3:

I got over 400k Xp last week (once again, xp tracker ftw! :thumbup: ) so I'm now over 41% of the way to 97. Being off sick a couple of days really helped that, so I doubt I'm going to make that much this week. I'm doing my best to stick to my target of 1 hour a day (~200-250k Xp a week), so I'm hoping to reach 97 in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I shall regal you all with musings and ramblings to keep myself sane and maybe bring a smile or two along the way.

My biggest news is that we added a new member of the family over the weekend.

[spoiler=Everyone, say hello to Maggie.]28120_399736401283_508436283_4375408_3999908_n.jpg

Isn't she adorable? <3: She was a birthday gift for my girlfriend. You can read my other blog entry for more info and a couple more pics. She likes to sleep on my feet in the mornings while I play. :^_^:

you copy shahdie's look! :blink:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

you copy shahdie's look! :blink:

I did what now?

So yesterday morning I logged in like usual, and saw the strangest thing...

[spoiler=...the hell?]maskbug1.png

Somehow my wonderful blue mask was now a red one. At first I was a little shocked. "Did someone hack my account just to give me a more expensive mask?" I wondered. Then I looked at it a little more closely.

[spoiler=weird]maskbug.png

Somehow the game had glitched and was displaying my mask as red instead of blue. I asked around the G.E. and it was displaying red to other players as well, but otherwise was being treated as a blue mask by the game. *shrug* Oh well, as far as bugs go this is a pretty tame one. I figured I'd make the best of it in the meantime and went to Diango to get some of my old holiday items to match my recolored mask.

[spoiler=color coordination ftw!]maskred.png

Not bad, eh? If they weren't so damned expensive right now, I might try to go buy a red mask to wear at Christmas. So I went mining like this for about 45 minutes 'till the server updated again, and afterward my mask was once again it's original blue.

So there it is friends, the tale of my brief brush with a harmless graphical glitch. :^_^: