[Updated 9 Dec] Reviving Smithing : Divinite

Zaaps1

Magic doesn't hit very high, so 15% isn't much at all. It should be higher, considering that Blood spells heal 25%.

Looking good, though!

20% maybe? After all, it's for ALL spells, not just blood spells. (and blood runes cost a lot? correct me if I'm wrong)

I know it's getting to complex, but honestly, do you think Jagex will copy everything in word for word? No. Some of the swords are quite similar, and I doubt they'll introduce so many similar weapons at once. Also Jagex is always going for new horizons, to stay ahead of the competition. Why can't they try something new? Why must they be restricted by the "conventional" way of thinking that updates cannot be too big? Why?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow very cool indeed. I would love to see this put into the game. Good job. :thumbsup:

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Thanks!

Magic doesn't hit very high, so 15% isn't much at all. It should be higher, considering that Blood spells heal 25%.

Looking good, though!

20% maybe? After all, it's for ALL spells, not just blood spells. (and blood runes cost a lot? correct me if I'm wrong)

But then again blood spells are multitarget.

Blood spells may be expensive, but then again so is the orb. Imo it should be at least 25%.

Thanks!

Looking good, though!

But then again blood spells are multitarget.

Blood spells may be expensive, but then again so is the orb. Imo it should be at least 25%.

It's your decision after all.

I'm just offering my suggestions.

Yes, but I want to know more about your opinion.

Yes, but I want to know more about your opinion.

On second thoughts, 25% should be fine. The max you can heal is about 8 or so only, with an average of around 3-4 probably. That'll just equate to a few defense levels/some defensive stat boosts, which could have been substituted with a better shield/more defensive orb anyway.

This is a great idea, i only have one problem,

the monsters Guthix... so and so are a little too overpowered for my liking.

even though they are great ideas i recon that they should be a little less powered up, otherwise wonderful idea

ChosenZamrok.png

This is a great idea, i only have one problem,

the monsters Guthix... so and so are a little too overpowered for my liking.

even though they are great ideas i recon that they should be a little less powered up, otherwise wonderful idea

I thought they were fine. I based them off Tormented Demons. What part makes you say so in particular?

It sounds cool.

And what do you mean by each round of combat for several of the specials? Is it determined by opponents attack speed, your attack speed or is there a set time to it?

Also i'd love to see a claymore finally get into the game <3:

and what is the deal with the snake themed items? I like the idea of using items to get them but i think that it would be better to have it so that, rather then just using one particulare familiar, using higher level ones would have different effects, such as making the chance of suceeding at mining an ore increase, or make it so that you could mine two ore at a time. or something along those lines.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

i think the armor is a little bit too over powered with its damage reduction...

i feel like this would be a great addition to the game, if it were simply made untradable (the only downside would be the flooding of smithing supplies as people trained for the levels to make it). i feel that if runescape is going to offer high level content to keep its veteran players playing (as your idea seems to be geared at) i think the game needs to have a lot more GOOD untradable items. i know most people hate comparing this game to WoW, but i feel that wow does a great job with end game. Look at any high level in wow, all of their armor is untradable stuff that they had to earn through quests or combat or skills, runescape has very little of this, and thus, high level players (who usually have disposable incomes) are only entertained by new updates for a short time, before they buy everything related to them...

all in all, i think this idea is great, and needs to be flushed out a little bit more. I think a long and drawn out process to make some beasty armor (your mining while under attack idea is almost quest like) is needed to keep high level players interested.

i fail to see the point of the 'curse' thing, though.

lovin%20life.png

i feel like this would be a great addition to the game, if it were simply made untradable (the only downside would be the flooding of smithing supplies as people trained for the levels to make it). i feel that if runescape is going to offer high level content to keep its veteran players playing (as your idea seems to be geared at) i think the game needs to have a lot more GOOD untradable items. i know most people hate comparing this game to WoW, but i feel that wow does a great job with end game. Look at any high level in wow, all of their armor is untradable stuff that they had to earn through quests or combat or skills, runescape has very little of this, and thus, high level players (who usually have disposable incomes) are only entertained by new updates for a short time, before they buy everything related to them...

all in all, i think this idea is great, and needs to be flushed out a little bit more. I think a long and drawn out process to make some beasty armor (your mining while under attack idea is almost quest like) is needed to keep high level players interested.

I'm not Zaaps1, but I'll try to answer your questions as far as possible.

The "curse" thing is to stop the armor/weapons from being overpowered and prevent combos with many divine weapons at once.

Damage reduction isn't a big deal. It might seem like it is, because it is the first time it's happening. Let me give you an example:

Of 10 hits, 4 hit. Assuming average damage = 10, total 10x4 = 40 damage.

Of 10 hits, 8 hit. Assuming average damage is the same, but resistance is 50%, you'll do 5x8 = 40 damage.

Of 10 hits, 6 hit. Assuming average damage is the same, but resistance is 25%, you'll do 7.5x6=45 damage.

The items being tradeable was to bring back life back into smithing and mining, so the miners/smiths could earn $$$ with their high levels in their skills. Without it, all they could gain is more power in combat.

I'm not Zaaps1, but I'll try to answer your questions as far as possible.

The "curse" thing is to stop the armor/weapons from being overpowered and prevent combos with many divine weapons at once.

Damage reduction isn't a big deal. It might seem like it is, because it is the first time it's happening. Let me give you an example:

Of 10 hits, 4 hit. Assuming average damage = 10, total 10x4 = 40 damage.

Of 10 hits, 8 hit. Assuming average damage is the same, but resistance is 50%, you'll do 5x8 = 40 damage.

Of 10 hits, 6 hit. Assuming average damage is the same, but resistance is 25%, you'll do 7.5x6=45 damage.

The items being tradeable was to bring back life back into smithing and mining, so the miners/smiths could earn $$$ with their high levels in their skills. Without it, all they could gain is more power in combat.

Which is exactly what I would've wrote to reply. If the equipment was untradeable, it would fail to bring the essence of smithing back.

It sounds cool.

And what do you mean by each round of combat for several of the specials? Is it determined by opponents attack speed, your attack speed or is there a set time to it?

Also i'd love to see a claymore finally get into the game <3:

and what is the deal with the snake themed items? I like the idea of using items to get them but i think that it would be better to have it so that, rather then just using one particulare familiar, using higher level ones would have different effects, such as making the chance of suceeding at mining an ore increase, or make it so that you could mine two ore at a time. or something along those lines.

As far as I know, a round of combat is determined by your weapon's attack speed.

Snakes are Guthix's chosen animal, who this idea is largely centered on. I suppose you could allow higher familiars to be sacrificed and get those extra effects. I'll think about it.

Most likely this weekend, school started today so I don't have time during the week.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is nothing but a dream, a great variety added to smithing but 155 smithing? I doubt levels will ever go that high, its beyond belief. The requirements could use some tweaking and you should try add the requirements for making under 99. Smithing needs an update but this is a bit out there.

I acknowledge the difficulty of acquiring these ores/bars but even so, Some of these updates would bring along the need to revamp the weapons system

This is nothing but a dream, a great variety added to smithing but 155 smithing? I doubt levels will ever go that high, its beyond belief. The requirements could use some tweaking and you should try add the requirements for making under 99. Smithing needs an update but this is a bit out there.

I acknowledge the difficulty of acquiring these ores/bars but even so, Some of these updates would bring along the need to revamp the weapons system

...What?? That's idiot noob cabbage Zaaps must've made a mistake here. No, sorry, I didn't. If you wear a Guthix item and use Divinite at the Stone of Jas Mines, Sacred Forge, or Anvils of Guthix, you receive at 60 level boost. So the real requirements are 50/50/95. However, if you do not use Divinite, but do have a Guthix item, you get a 15 level bonus. If you do not use either, it's a 5 level bonus....

There you have it; the requirement is like that so you can't smith the stuff on any old anvil or at a normal forge and what not.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

I was wondering if I could do concept art of the various weapons/armor/stuff featured in your Divinite suggestion? If you have some basic info (color scheme, etc) I could do it for you. There's probably info in the first post, :razz: but I'd rather make sure I've got it right.

If you'd be willing to let me do this, I'd like to know your suggested color scheme for the weaponry (what color is divinite? when it's been forged, does the color change?) and for the armor, and your thoughts on the armor. Traditionally, mage armor is in robe form, I noticed your version doesn't really mention that (it is a robe top/bottom but), is it like an armored robe or something different? What accessories might Jagex release (gauntlets, boots, gloves, capes), and how would they tie in with the Divinite? How do you make traditionally wooden weapons using a metal?

For reference, here's some of my past work on nerdboyxxx's suggestion for an F2P Boss: http://forum.tip.it/topic/240819-f2p-boss-monster-elvarg-30-supporters-new-armour/ (the armor and the 'combat triangle' bits)

[spoiler=Combat Triangle]gallery_117829_27_109169.jpg

Haven't been too active lately, but I will get working on this again when I get the time.

As stated, 155 smithing isn't the "real" requirement. The "real" base level needed is 95, which is a lot more reasonable, no?

"need to revamp the weapons system" is too vague for me to work with. Please elaborate.

The rest I think I've addressed.

Hawk, I've sent you a pm.

Anyhow, here's another orb :wink:

Orb of lightning

Magic +34

Stab +7

Slash +7

Crush +2

Range +1

Magic +9

Summoning +13

Special Ability: Blitz. 2 charges. You hit three times instead of twice for the next two MAGIC attacks. To prevent abuse by melee-ers or rangers. Cooldown of 1 minute.

What I mean is basically you hit 1.5 times as fast as usual.

These orbs are attached to the shields, correct?