3rd April 2009 - Forums for High level F2P'ers!

Wingless

And who's to say that US F2P's were not P2P'ers? I was, up until awhile back when I cut Membership. Besides, HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS usually have been on RS along time. I have loads of high level friends who are F2P's and have been playing almost since RS' birth.

So, shut your mouth and don't slag off F2P'ers. We are players too.

So what? You mean nothing to Jagex. They are a company, with the ONLY goal of making money. You cost them money, your an annoyance they have to put up with in hopes that you'll start paying.

they are "potental" money, i mean look at twitter. they generate no revenue and yet they have investers dumping millions into it. that is because in the future it will profit.

ot: i think they need to add this for p2p too(the total xp thing)

also btw f2p deserves nothing. they are lucky to have such a large f2p game as it is

oh and btw i love the thing about the p2p'ers being the little 12 year olds who wine. had a nice lol at that(you do know that p2p actually pays right. and when you have money it usualy means you are older than those who don't(highlights usualy so i don't get bombarded))

Y_Z.png

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you say that F2P'ers are wastes of time.

By doing this, more F2P'ers will want to become member because they can hear what members are saying about the P2P worlds and easily get convinced.

You say your 32, but you seem to know nothing about SALES TACTICS. I'm MUCH YOUNGER than you, and I know this.

And, who knows: Jagex may even make a seperate forum for F2P'ers.

So please shutup, you wingy imbecile.

FTP is nothing but a drag on overall server costs, designed with one goal in mind - get as many people as possible to switch to members and begin paying instead of freeloading.

It might be a wise idea to read my posts before trying to argue against them. Also, what's a wingy imbecile?

So please shutup, you wingy imbecile and possibly go back to school. There goes the saying Older People are much Wiser, eh?

Can we get back to the thread, not to this simpleton twit? ~Thanks.

Once you figure out how to read my posts, you can figure out how to argue against them. I'll be eagerly awaiting an actual response.

Anyway, so you're mad that you pay for maybe four updates a year (more last year, but that was mainly because they were rebalancing PvP) that we get for free? And maybe my parents don't want to spend five dollars a month on an online game they think is pointless anymore (yes, I know they're cheapskapes (SP?), but that's beside the point).

That's your problem, not mine, but when it crosses over into my money paying for your gameplay, I don't like it. I'm not mad, and I know that some money is required to pull people into PTP, but I don't like it when it crosses the line into simply updating FTP for being FTP.

And even if what you said about F2P is true, we still play the game as well, whether you like it or not. So don't just automatically assume we're all freeloaders, niavely grouping a million online players into a self-fabricated sterotype, and learn to actually share instead of selfishlly sticking to a superitory ideal that is fabricated on the sole fact that you pay a quarter more every day than we do.

Freeload: To impose upon another's generosity or hospitality without sharing in the cost or responsibility involved (Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/freeload). Sorry, but you ARE freeloading, in the fullest sense of the word.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The rhetorical question then becomes, "Is it your business?"

Nope, but it's a business I'm paying to deliver me the highest quality content possible, not to treat as many people as fairly and equally as possible. If that was what I wanted, I'd give $5 a month to my favorite charity.

Wait a minute. High-level F2P getting the RSOF is suddenly taking content away from you? It's suddenly making Jagex invest less time, effort, and money into Members? Are you kidding me?

I suppose if you really hated the change, the best way you could voice your disapproval is to start giving that money to a charity. At least the charity will be happy...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Wait a minute. High-level F2P getting the RSOF is suddenly taking content away from you? It's suddenly making Jagex invest less time, effort, and money into Members? Are you kidding me?

Where does the money for FTP servers, moderation, and storage space come from? It's sure as hell not coming from them, a quick glance at the financial records shows FTP costs much, much more then advertising pays for.

I suppose if you really hated the change, the best way you could voice your disapproval is to start giving that money to a charity. At least the charity will be happy...

Luckily, I'm still getting my moneys worth from the game - but I don't like seeing a smaller and smaller portion going to actual updates, and a larger portion going to making everyone equal.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The rhetorical question then becomes, "Is it your business?"

Nope, but it's a business I'm paying to deliver me the highest quality content possible, not to treat as many people as fairly and equally as possible. If that was what I wanted, I'd give $5 a month to my favorite charity.

did you even read that they are hiring new workers to control the new intake?

or the fact that they need to make it possible to let f2p in. they have to deliberate the cut-off etc. etc.

you think that that doesn't take any

a) time

B) money

c) effort

that could be used to better the paying players game?

Y_Z.png

[And why shouldn't we? Us PTPers pay for every single update FTP gets.

Erm, no. We don't. We pay for the stuff F2P DOESN'T get. FREE to Play means anything there is FREE.

OT: I kind of hope they all cram into the rants forum, it will make it even funnier :lol:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

If a Moderator could lock this please, I'd be extremely greatful. It seems we've all gone off topic because of an ignoramus.

~~Thanks

where is the off topic. it is talking about the f2p forums through most of this thread.

Y_Z.png

How dare you say that F2P'ers are wastes of time.

By doing this, more F2P'ers will want to become member because they can hear what members are saying about the P2P worlds and easily get convinced.

You say your 32, but you seem to know nothing about SALES TACTICS. I'm MUCH YOUNGER than you, and I know this.

And, who knows: Jagex may even make a seperate forum for F2P'ers.

So please shutup, you wingy imbecile.

FTP is nothing but a drag on overall server costs, designed with one goal in mind - get as many people as possible to switch to members and begin paying instead of freeloading.

It might be a wise idea to read my posts before trying to argue against them. Also, what's a wingy imbecile?

I'm not sure either, but you do realize he responded to that EXACT post? And you've made absolutely no point against that post simply by requoting the post and automatically assuming it's right?

Anyway, so you're mad that you pay for maybe four updates a year (more last year, but that was mainly because they were rebalancing PvP) that we get for free? And maybe my parents don't want to spend five dollars a month on an online game they think is pointless anymore (yes, I know they're cheapskapes (SP?), but that's beside the point).

That's your problem, not mine, but when it crosses over into my money paying for your gameplay, I don't like it. I'm not mad, and I know that some money is required to pull people into PTP, but I don't like it when it crosses the line into simply updating FTP for being FTP.

Again, you've said completely nothing except state you opinion again. You're mad at Jagex because they're updating a portion of a game they have said multipule times is not just a demo/salespitch, but a valid portion of their game? I think expirenced, high-level F2Pers deserve a chance to speak to the public (like here).

And see, you're not even mad that they might spam the forums (which I hope to God they won't) or that they'll degrade the community further, which is actually a vaid argument. It's just that you're mad that you don't get all the updates to yourself, and that everything is to you. It's the forums, deal with it. You still have about twenty times as much stuff to do as we do.

And even if what you said about F2P is true, we still play the game as well, whether you like it or not. So don't just automatically assume we're all freeloaders, niavely grouping a million online players into a self-fabricated sterotype, and learn to actually share instead of selfishlly sticking to a superitory ideal that is fabricated on the sole fact that you pay a quarter more every day than we do.

Freeload: To impose upon another's generosity or hospitality without sharing in the cost or responsibility involved (Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/freeload). Sorry, but you ARE freeloading, in the fullest sense of the word.

I never said we weren't freeloaders. That entire post was basically stop being a jackass and share. Yes, we are freeloaders in a loose sense. We technically are when we play 95% of flash games. But freeloader has a malignant implication; Jagex still benifits from us playing, whether from advertising or actually becoming P2P. So, if it makes you happy, yes, we are freeloaders. Does it change anything? Not at all.

Erm, no. We don't. We pay for the stuff F2P DOESN'T get. FREE to Play means anything there is FREE.

So everything FTP gets is free? The servers don't use electricity, never fail, were free in the first place, and don't depend on an expensive backbone connection to link them? All the abuse reports are handeled by unicorns who work for no money? All bugs are fixed by a blind monkey who requires nothing but food which is donated for free by the local animal shelter?

Cause if not, there's a feeew costs associated with Jagex hosting FTP, costs that are covered by us, and not them.

If a Moderator could lock this please, I'd be extremely greatful.

Sorry, but as mentioned at http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=480329, moderators will only lock a thread if it is breaking rules and not just a requested lock.

It seems we've all gone off topic because of an ignoramus.

There there, don't be so hard on yourself - losing one argument is no reason to give up. Also, be careful, or you'll end up violating section 1.2 of the rules and have your posts deleted.

DeviledEgg24.png

read it again.

Y_Z.png

I'm not sure either, but you do realize he responded to that EXACT post? And you've made absolutely no point against that post simply by requoting the post and automatically assuming it's right?

Not at all, his entire argument was a rant about how I ignored the fact that it convinced people to sign up for PTP - the exact argument I made as the only reason to keep FTP. He obviously hadn't read my post, so I did him a favor and bolded the applicable parts.

Again, you've said completely nothing except state you opinion again. You're mad at Jagex because they're updating a portion of a game they have said multipule times is not just a demo/salespitch, but a valid portion of their game? I think expirenced, high-level F2Pers deserve a chance to speak to the public (like here).

And see, you're not even mad that they might spam the forums (which I hope to God they won't) or that they'll degrade the community further, which is actually a vaid argument. It's just that you're mad that you don't get all the updates to yourself, and that everything is to you. It's the forums, deal with it. You still have about twenty times as much stuff to do as we do.

I'm not 'mad' about them getting stuff, I'm annoyed that I'm paying for them to get stuff.

I never said we weren't freeloaders. That entire post was basically stop being a jackass and share. Yes, we are freeloaders in a loose sense. We technically are when we play 95% of flash games. But freeloader has a malignant implication; Jagex still benifits from us playing, whether from advertising or actually becoming P2P. So, if it makes you happy, yes, we are freeloaders. Does it change anything? Not at all.

Flash games are more then paid for by advertisements or sites like Miniclip would be long dead. As shown from the financial records, server costs far outstrip advertising revenue. If they become PTP then they DO deserve updates, but until then your freeloading in the fullest sense of the word - playing the game off our dollar with no compensation.

read it again.

I did. Are ANY of those millions of player paying a single cent for the benefits they enjoy? Nope, they are freeloading off our dollar.

DeviledEgg24.png

Sorry, but as mentioned at http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=480329, moderators will only lock a thread if it is breaking rules and not just a requested lock.

There there, don't be so hard on yourself - losing one argument is no reason to give up. Also, be careful, or you'll end up violating section 1.2 of the rules and have your posts deleted.

May I ask, why are you so obstinant? Do you really think I care if my posts are deleted? Jagex can do whatever they want to do, and you can have no say in it. See if they care. Go on, go rant in the newly instated 'Rants Forum'. Think they actually listen to you?

Besides, Ignoramus is just a nice synonym for idiot. In this case, you are being one.

How long are you on TIF for? There are requested locks all over the place, and the thread can also be locked if it has become sidetracked (like what you've done).

Oh oh oh! Also, if you had eyes:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=480329

Go back to the thread, and read section 2.2

You have completely sidetracked this good discussion thread into an utter flame war.

Now please, go 'bask in the glory' of shutting down a discussion thread.

Thank you.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

So everything FTP gets is free? The servers don't use electricity, never fail, were free in the first place, and don't depend on an expensive backbone connection to link them? All the abuse reports are handeled by unicorns who work for no money? All bugs are fixed by a blind monkey who requires nothing but food which is donated for free by the local animal shelter?

Cause if not, there's a feeew costs associated with Jagex hosting FTP, costs that are covered by us, and not them.

I wasnt suprised to find compreak started a flamewar again when i click on this thread. you complain way too much. Plus your an arrogant jerk. If your that annoyed about f2p's getting forums, quit your membership.

What exactly are you trying to achieve here? To get F2P'ers feel bad about themselves and see how great us P2P'ers are by generously paying for the needs of F2P'ers?

You pay for P2P because you want extras. You get them. F2P pays nothing because they don't want to (or can't). Jagex thinks that's fine, so they can play a demo version of the game. Nothing wrong with that.

read it again.

Again, see the part about negative context, and why "freeloaders" is the wrong word. And that's not even what I was meaning. I was only that he's sterotyping every f2per into a noob and a beggar, not that we're not freeloaders. At the beginning, I anknowledged that may be true, but it really doesn't matter.

I wonder what the cutoff will be?

As I. They said "expirence" but that could mean combat level, total level, total expirience, game hours, pretty much anything. My guess would be either game hours or total expirence, but who knows. =/

I think this says it best. But, I will add one more thing.

The number of freeplayers coming to the RSOF in contrast to the number of freeplayers overall is easily between 4% and 6%, assuming that there are either 6 million or 4 million freeplayers total. Why raise such a big fuss for that, anyway?

I'll let you think about that while I go and welcome F2P to the forums.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

2 Things I have Learned From This Thread:

1) Yay for me, I can go to Forums again soon

2) Compfreak is 32

Everything else is pretty much senseless argument. Here:

JagexPrimaryIncome2.jpg

Last year f2p gave Jagex 7% of it's income. Ok, cool. So if F2P makes up 7% of all the money Jagex receives, shouldn't f2p get 7% of all updates? If you actually look at it, f2p gets less than 7% of all updates. Members have no reason to complain.

In addition, half of the time, extending f2p benefits from p2p costs Jagex no money and minimal time. Giving f2p FoG for instance was only a matter of changing the script to be allowed on f2p worlds. This forum update is only a matter of allowing f2p to log into the Forums, but denying that to all f2pers under a certain level. Yes, I know a lot of kids in my High School who can do that.

I wasnt suprised to find compreak started a flamewar again when i click on this thread. you complain way too much. Plus your an arrogant jerk. Bad combo.

Thankfully, complaining isn't flaming and neither is being arrogant. Also, I'm right.

May I ask, why are you so obstinant? Do you really think I care if my posts are deleted? Jagex can do whatever they want to do, and you can have no say in it. See if they care. Go on, go rant in the newly instated 'Rants Forum'. Think they actually listen to you?

I don't care in the slightest, just doing you a favor and letting you know so your aware of it. Until I see the title of this forum changed to 'agree with the OP or shut up', I'm going to continue to discuss my opinions :roll:

How long are you on TIF for? There are requested locks all over the place, and the thread can also be locked if it has become sidetracked (like what you've done).

If a thread has become sidetracked, irrelevant posts will be deleted, and the thread will not be locked. As for being on the forum, please note that neat little date underneath my avatar - I've been here 33 months. You've been here 7. Here's an interesting quote from a moderator on http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=785476, where this exact issue was resolved:

If the OP wants it locked simply because someone disagrees with his viewpoint

I'm pretty sure the moderating team don't respond to such requests as it stands.

DeviledEgg24.png

Last year f2p gave Jagex 7% of it's income. Ok, cool. So if F2P makes up 7% of all the money Jagex receives, shouldn't f2p get 7% of all updates? If you actually look at it, f2p gets less than 7% of all updates. Members have no reason to complain.

Rational maths for the win. You're actually right - if Jagex updated every week for a year (52 weeks), then that stands to reason that Freeplay would get 3 or 4 updates a year, which is accurate.

s1L0U.jpg

read it again.

Again, see the part about negative context, and why "freeloaders" is the wrong word. And that's not even what I was meaning. I was only that he's sterotyping every f2per into a noob and a beggar, not that we're not freeloaders. At the beginning, I anknowledged that may be true, but it really doesn't matter.

I wonder what the cutoff will be?

As I. They said "expirence" but that could mean combat level, total level, total expirience, game hours, pretty much anything. My guess would be either game hours or total expirence, but who knows. =/

can you quote where he said "noob and a beggar"? i didn'y see that anywhere.

i suppose i'm just kinda sour bc i player f2p for 4 months w/o any updates then transfered to members like a normal person would do, not taking pride out of being "f2p 4 leif!!1!!" ...seriously what is the glory in making your own life harder if it doesn't better anyone else?

thats like getting a job then forcing the boss to use the money you would earn to wipe his own [wagon] and throw it away, just so you can have a harder life and be p00r 4 lief :wall: . no glory in f2p

Y_Z.png