Using the wrong freaking attack style.

Pinkbullet3

Would they have something to say at all?

Yes. "OMG, I, too, hate it when that happens!"

First describe that aspect:

I HATE it when I'm away-from-screen training my cb at the SoS spiders, only to discover that I've been using Slash instead of Block for the past 20 minutes, and I had been intending to train defence the entire time...

:wall: God I hate myself so much.

Then explain what you think about it:

I think it's stupid, but I'm blaming myself here.

Why it negatively affects the game and/or community:

My strength exp. goes up while my freaking defence exp. doesn't move when I wanted it to. DEFENCE, YOU KNOW I'M TRAINING YOU, WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU PICK THE APPROPRIATE ATTACK STYLE AUTOMATICALLY?!

Maybe even provide a solution to the problem or describe what Jagex should do to fix it:

Perhaps show the current attack style in place of the 23850930.png? See how the default picture looks like the Block picture? When I mouse over it, it will tell me that I'm training:

95905943.png

Edit: I just read the Rants guidelines, and apparently my one-sentence rant doesn't count. Will be adding things to "back it up" later.

Edit 2: Done. :-w

[hide=Where I'm getting these ridiculous template questions...]The Rants forum is a place for you vent your RuneScape frustrations, but that does not mean that you can post incoherent one-sentence rants. Similar to how General Discussion topics need to supply a platform for discussion and RuneScape Bugs & Suggestions topics need well thought out ideas, your rants also need to be worthy of discussion. Rather than saying, "I don't like this, it sucks," you need to present a valid argument for your rant and back it up. When creating your topic, imagine how people would respond. Would they have something to say at all? If you can think of valid responses and discussions, the chances are that you have a valid topic/argument. As an example, if you want to rant about an aspect of the RuneScape game, first describe that aspect. Then explain what you think about it, why it negatively affects the game and/or community, and maybe even provide a solution to the problem or describe what Jagex should do to fix it.[/hide]

:evil:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Grr I hate going to train melee right after I train ranged. It stays on the 2nd option, rapid for ranged but strength for melee. I'm 99 strength, so I have 100% no need for extra xp, yet I'm a few hundred thousand over the 99 strength xp level, and guess why? Yup, you got that right.

But in all honesty, we have no one to blame but ourselves. What can Jagex do? Even if they added what you suggest, the problem is players not going to make sure they are on the right style, not the game system. That suggestion would only make it easier, but if players are going to forget anyway, what good does it do?

Heh, I miss the only Attack interface. Now-a-days you must hover over the style to get it's info. Then again, I liked the old graphics better, and I play on Low detail when I can support high.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heh, I miss the only Attack interface. Now-a-days you must hover over the style to get it's info. Then again, I liked the old graphics better, and I play on Low detail when I can support high.

Yeah, I don't see why they have the "slash" and "stab" and the like. The system isn't used for anything except Waterfiends anyway, everything else is slash.

It should just say "attack xp", "defence xp", or "strength xp"

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Yeah, I do this after range a lot too. =\ However I'm not too worried about it, cause my stats are about equal, and since str is always a little bit ahead I just use def or attack on my whip to straighten things out. :) It would be nice if it was clearer which option would train what though. That little interface isn't exactly easy to read.

Blakdragon39.png

Oh boy, I've done this a lot. It's why my attack level is freakishly high compared to my strength and defence level. I think it's been a long time since I intentionally trained attack.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I had this problem once when I switched from Melee to Ranged. I think I was training Strength, and when I switched to my Rune Crossbow, the attack option went to Long Range. I ended up training Ranged + Defense for half an hour without realizing it, and for some reason didn't notice that my attack speed was drastically lower than what it normally was.

I'm a pure so i need to make sure that i am not training defense otherwise i would mess up. The thing is that there really isnt much u can do to fix it. it is just the fault of yourself for not checking. it happens at times and gets annoying, but you are realyl the only one responsible for it.

This happened to me three times. I finally just decided to develop the habit of checking my attack style every time i switch weapons. It takes like a week (maybe two if you're really thick) to get it to the point where you don't think and just check every time and then this isn't an issue. Alternate solution is to add more colors to the splats when you hit for damage.

Like Red for attack

Orange for Strength

Purple for Defense

Or add outline colors to the splats.

Red splats with black outline = attack

green outline = strength

white outline = defense

Not that I think adding those would be a good idea, it just would be a possible solution to you're little problem. \'

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

any one else lol at the outline of this rant? i sure did.

uhmm... you should have done it before you left. already said but idc.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

any one else lol at the outline of this rant? i sure did.

uhmm... you should have done it before you left. already said but idc.

:lol:

Yeah, it gets really annoying when I teleport using my air staff and then I switch back to my melee weapon. I always find it on Block, but I never seem to notice initially until it's too late. :wall:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

lol if you play afk just check the screen once in a while

Just looking at yourself fighting doesn't tell you what attack style you're using.

I hate doing that, Pink. I was doing Rag and Bone Man, where I needed to kill about 35 different monsters until I got a special bone, and I ended up getting ~50K attack xp when I wanted defense. :x

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3