Do online surveys for money really work?

Guest Rob

Hey. It's just a question I've been wondering for awhile. Can you actually get payed to take online surveys? Just seems a bit to good to be true if you ask me. Anyways - If someone can point me to a legit survey site, ill lurrve you, and give you all the e-cookies you want ::'

Oh, sorry if this doesnn't belong here.

Some of them actually work. Of course, it's not going to even come close to replacing your full time job, but they can make you some extra pocket change. I've racked up a little over $100 with the main survey site I use. I'll send you the link to the site in a PM since it would probably be considered advertising if I posted it here.

Pixeloaded.jpg

They are no longer shady scams or frauds like in 2000-2002, a lot of them pay these days. You just have to find actual companies that conduct research for clients, not some 'guys' doing it for fun.

I no longer indulge in business this small, but I can suggest acop.com for their proven track record of paying... Plus it's a real incorporated company with a phone line you can call if you have issues.

Naturally, the only thing you give in return is your opinion about some products. If I recall right, they might send some stuff or electronics to your home for free, you can keep them, you're only obliged to write a review about it. Most of the surveys are purely online

Yes, some survey sites do work. I actually participate in a site, do a couple surveys a day, and it pays for my Runescape members. It isn't much, but it keeps me able to play.

Yes, some survey sites do work. I actually participate in a site, do a couple surveys a day, and it pays for my Runescape members. It isn't much, but it keeps me able to play.

Want to tell me the name of the site by any chance? ;)

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I signed up for a couple yesterday and I've got like £1 in surveys today, it didn't take long and interestingly I got one about a health campaign I actually saw advertised and looked up... I don't mind questionnaires, hopefully this'll give me a nice bit of money I can save up considering I don't get EMA.

If anyone's got some links I might have a look.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I participate in a site and it does work

Mind telling us which site? and how good it is/works?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Yes, but the people who make money are the ones who conduct the surveys. Market research is a huge business but you are not going to make anything by taking the surveys. At least not enough to be worth while.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Yes, there are legitimate sites that pay you for taking surveys. This is how I pay for my RuneScape membership! However, I probably shouldn't post the names of them publicly since it may encourage people to post referral links.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

It's not worth it, here's why:

- Low amount earned per hour

- Often you start a survey, and half way through they tell you that you're not eligible

- Just not enough of them to earn anything decent

- You typically have to earn a lot of money before they'll send you any of it. This can take up to a year.

Go and wash cars in rich neighbourhoods. If someone asks you how much to do it, ask for a tip - they'll probably give you more than you expect. Once you've washed someone's car once (and well), the likelihood is that they'll let you do it again in future. Not only this, they'll tell their friends and before you know it you'll have a nice little business going.

Better yet, go and learn something and better yourself. It won't help you earn money immediately, but it'll pay off handsomely in future. I think that one reason the kids of middle and upper class parents end up earning more money in the long term, is because they don't scrabble around for every penny in the short term but instead spend their time investing in themselves. I learned web programming for fun as a teenager (I am 23 now), and it has not only earned me money, but it has made my research easier even though I'm studying something completely unrelated to computers (psychology).

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

It's not worth it, here's why:

- Low amount earned per hour

- Often you start a survey, and half way through they tell you that you're not eligible

- Just not enough of them to earn anything decent

- You typically have to earn a lot of money before they'll send you any of it. This can take up to a year.

Go and wash cars in rich neighbourhoods. If someone asks you how much to do it, ask for a tip - they'll probably give you more than you expect. Once you've washed someone's car once (and well), the likelihood is that they'll let you do it again in future. Not only this, they'll tell their friends and before you know it you'll have a nice little business going.

Better yet, go and learn something and better yourself. It won't help you earn money immediately, but it'll pay off handsomely in future. I think that one reason the kids of middle and upper class parents end up earning more money in the long term, is because they don't scrabble around for every penny in the short term but instead spend their time investing in themselves. I learned web programming for fun as a teenager (I am 23 now), and it has not only earned me money, but it has made my research easier even though I'm studying something completely unrelated to computers (psychology).

You make very valid points there, but there's no chance of a lazy bum like me doing anything except spending all my time on the computer so I might as well make a smidge of money whilst I'm at it :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Someone listed acop.com...it seems legit from checking it out.

You can never, ever just 'look' at a site and tell. Some of the most 'legit' looking sites have robbed americians for millions of dollars. Of course, it goes without saying theres oodles of sites that are legit, just do some research before you enter credit card numbers. Assuming you have to enter credit cards. If you enter them when they dont ask, your loony in the head.

I'm a bit skeptical since about 3 people have claimed to success but no sites have been listed.

http://www.lightspeedpanel.com

I usually take my payments in Amazon gift certificates since I buy from them a lot. However, you can also get money through PayPal, or you can turn in your points for items directly.

Looks like a nice site, but it says they're not recruiting new members through the site for the time being D:

Someone listed acop.com...it seems legit from checking it out.
You can never, ever just 'look' at a site and tell. Some of the most 'legit' looking sites have robbed americians for millions of dollars. Of course, it goes without saying theres oodles of sites that are legit, just do some research before you enter credit card numbers. Assuming you have to enter credit cards. If you enter them when they dont ask, your loony in the head.
Sure you can just 'look' at a site and tell. They never ask for a credit card number, social security number, or any other number that could allow them to scam you...and I know all that by, like I said, checking it out.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I'm a bit skeptical since about 3 people have claimed to success but no sites have been listed.

http://www.lightspeedpanel.com

I usually take my payments in Amazon gift certificates since I buy from them a lot. However, you can also get money through PayPal, or you can turn in your points for items directly.

Looks like a nice site, but it says they're not recruiting new members through the site for the time being D:

I didn't even notice that. I would think they'd always want more members since more members = more survey answers = more money for them...but I guess they have their reasons. :?

Pixeloaded.jpg